As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hot Webcomic Time Machine

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    There will be a Meet the Pyro. I saw a rough animation for it.

Valve confirms Gold Plated Diamond Skull drops in real life, all other game companies swear fealty to Gabe Newell.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    jeeves and wooster is one of my favorite shows

you have good opinions

Jeeves and Wooster is pretty much televisual perfection.

He's so much better as Bertie than he is as House.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    granulac Meredith Gran
    thank you for existing, this blog. nerdsruineverything.tumblr.com
    granulac Meredith Gran
    @jonrosenberg I didn't make the blog! I just totally completely agree with the sentiment

statler on
    qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    hahaha we were just talking about this

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I miss the old art style for that old west D&D comic

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    The lips drive me crazy, but the characters have me invested now. Liz was more interesting when you didn't see her lips.

So, Django, Rooster, blondie, and the man with no name, what are their alignments?
    Also, what did the Union army do with their dragon after they burned Columbia?

Fuck, we do ruin everything.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    statler wrote:
    granulac Meredith Gran
    granulac Meredith Gran
    @jonrosenberg I didn't make the blog! I just totally completely agree with the sentiment

some of these are legitimate

others seem like the blogger is way too sensitize to internet memes

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    statler wrote:
    granulac Meredith Gran
    granulac Meredith Gran

some of these are legitimate

others seem like the blogger is way too sensitize to internet memes

Nerds have ruined Nerdsruineverything.
    As was inevitable.

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    The one from Tuesday makes me think the guy is too sensitive to hyperbole.

Alternatively, found content blogs ruin everything.

jackal on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    It's almost like he's a nerd himself. Gasp!

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    in today's archime

a popsicle is eaten in an erotic manner

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote:
    Did someone say Bear Force One?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM

8-> the one in pink is adorable./

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Just saw the new Prequel update.

Gotta say, very impressed. I'm looking forward to where this is going.

• Options
    Is there anything after the music loop where she is staring at the bookstore guy?

• Options
    Nope.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    thorgot wrote:
    Raneados wrote: »
    argh it won't load for me!

here is a preview of what you're missing out on
    sPy7Z.png
    3hDxp.png
    e1k7c.png
    VKpYe.png
    e1k7c.png
    zxmBj.png
    e1k7c.png
    osXsv.png

and
    PbeFg.png

Also, pole-dancing minigame.

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    man, prequel just keeps getting better
    Holy shit, that winking fighters guild guy. This is amazing.

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    Campion wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    man, prequel just keeps getting better
    Holy shit, that winking fighters guild guy. This is amazing.

Her cowering when talking with the Count was my favorite. Also her reaction to Martin.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh wow, that Prequel wasn't loading for me before, but now it is, and it was worth the wait. That was nifty.

But it was also awful because it just made me want Skyrim. God dammit everything I see or do these days just makes me want Skyrim.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I hope Skyrim is as good as Fallout 3 and NV and not as terrible as Oblivion, gameplay-wise.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    what the

prequel did a walkaround flash

oh my god could it be any more derivative

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    crwth wrote:
    SabreMau wrote:
    a5OIc.jpg

it's...

it's everything i've ever wanted...

This is excellent.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    rfilyaw wrote:
    I hope Skyrim is as good as Fallout 3 and NV and not as terrible as Oblivion, gameplay-wise.

it would need a mexican gas station attendant to be as good as NV, though

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    You mean a grandma like Lily. My God I loved Lily so much. I would talk aloud to her, and even though Boone was the best companion, Lily was just so adorable, I had to keep her on full time.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Seriously wrote:
    what the

Seriously, I'm having a hard time telling if you are serious or not

Also, Ronnie, you have good taste. New Vegas was probably my favourite Gamebryo game, and one of my favourite Obsidian games.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote:
    Seriously wrote:
    what the

Seriously, I'm having a hard time telling if you are serious or not

Also, Ronnie, you have good taste. New Vegas was probably my favourite Gamebryo game, and one of my favourite Obsidian games.

God, I love New Vegas

first time I heard about it I was all "Meh, I just played Fallout 3"

boy, was I wrong

the writing is back

it is so back

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Chris Avellone is a god amongst men.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Yeah. I was uneasy with NV at first, especially since the world felt smaller. I would have liked there to be more 'nothing' places (I like pointless dungeons with no real quests and a minor reward at the end) but in the end, it was as good if not better in every way. And I love hardcore mode. The thirst thing is a real selling point to me.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I still haven't completed New Vegas. I got to Vegas, decided I couldn't be arsed with carrying on the main quest and having to choose a side so set out to explore, went to get a new brain for Rex and just put the game down and never picked it back up. I dunno why. It's a better game than Fallout 3 in virtually every way, but it didn't grab me the same. The atmosphere and that feeling of exploration wasn't there in the same way.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    I say this a bunch when talking about New Vegas but your lengthy talk with Caesar is one of the most interesting conversations I've ever seen in a game.

Avellone has his problems and I refuse to call him a god amongst men but he's really damn good at writing video games.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I say this a bunch when talking about New Vegas but your lengthy talk with Caesar is one of the most interesting conversations I've ever seen in a game.

Avellone has his problems and I refuse to call him a god amongst men but he's really damn good at writing video games.

The thing is, Caesar is probably right

You don't just jump from total nuclear apocalypse right back to western democracy, that shit takes time. A dictatorship provides structure and order that a post apocalyptic society desperately needs.

The so-called evil faction is presented very well in that game

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    worksintheoryworksintheory Registered User regular
    Dear webcomic thread,

Please kill me.

Thank you,
    worksintheory

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote:

You don't just jump from total nuclear apocalypse right back to western democracy, that shit takes time. A dictatorship provides structure and order that a post apocalyptic society desperately needs.

He's not full of shit but his stance is also morally unjustifiable. It's intended to be a gray area, but I feel pretty confident in saying he's a bad man that needs to go down.

• Options
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote:

He's not full of shit but his stance is also morally unjustifiable. It's intended to be a gray area, but I feel pretty confident in saying he's a bad man that needs to go down.

The fact that I had to stop and think about was pretty awesome

heck, it's interesting to think of how the player is allowed to deal with the legion
    Kill Caeser? The Legate? Launch a nuke? How about the General and President of the NCR? What if you nuked them as well?

I fucking loooooove it

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote:

Damn right, but as you say what makes him so great is that your conversations with him make it surprisingly believable that a rational man would go in that direction

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Nukes for all!

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote:

The "so called" evil faction who murder civilians and keep slaves. That's pretty obviously evil in my book.

I'm not arguing your point about dictatorships, but murder and slaving is pretty dang evil.

This discussion has been closed.