World War Hulk Thread: Don't Be Fucking Ninnies

14344454648

Posts

  • JCMJCM Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Virral wrote: »
    Okay, here are the scans: I don't have the physical issue, so I don't know what number this is from, but scans_daily has them up already.

    http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/3674153.html#cutid2

    It quite clearly shows how malicious and manipulative Miek/Brood are, and show that we're supposed to see them as having blown up the world.

    How about we avoid ad-hominem attacks where people call me and others liars, or at least give people time to respond before getting all insult-heavy.

    Apologies for being slow on the uptake, but where on earth does it "clearly show" anything beyond the fact that Heroes for Hire has boobies in it?

    The scans from HfH shows:

    1) Brood with eggs
    2) Little Insect Guy (Meik I assume? Why is he small and yellow, as compared to large and blackish in the earlier scans?) holding toilet paper.
    3) Little Insect Guy getting his head ripped off for no apparent reason
    4) Boobies FTW!

    I hope that fairly harmless looking little yellow guy did something seriously bad off panel to justify getting his head ripped off... but I just don't see how they go from those scans to "see everyone, Meik and Brood clearly caused the explosion!"

    Those are Miek/brood hybrid babies. The brood's basic purpose is to consume a planet. They eat things like sentient life-forms. Since Hulk said "We'll leave you guys alone if you give me the four who shot me into space", We know they're going behind his back. Also, those aren't the panels that imply they're responsible.

    I read Heroes for Hire back to back, and so did another guy here.

    THERE IS NO PANEL saying so, in which implies theyre responsible. Feel free to tell me which page I should be looking at, because there´s nothing besides brood making a nest. Theyre not doing ANYTHING behind the Hulk´s back, unless babies carying toilet paper, for some reason, is EVIL.

    All proof so far points to Reed blowing up the reactor, as

    a) He said he´d make sure the Hulk would never come back. The only way to do so is to make sure the ship wont work.
    b) The explosion of the Core was powerful enough to destroy a city and kill Hulk´s wife, not a single trace of the ship would be left.
    c) Cho noting the fact that they used such a core.
    d) Again, the playback at the exact moment of the "long message" that Hulk´s scientists found in the ship.

    What do we have as proof of Miek doing it? Brood making a nest in an abandoned building, and her kids taking toilet paper.

    JCM on
  • SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    JCM wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Virral wrote: »
    Okay, here are the scans: I don't have the physical issue, so I don't know what number this is from, but scans_daily has them up already.

    http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/3674153.html#cutid2

    It quite clearly shows how malicious and manipulative Miek/Brood are, and show that we're supposed to see them as having blown up the world.

    How about we avoid ad-hominem attacks where people call me and others liars, or at least give people time to respond before getting all insult-heavy.

    Apologies for being slow on the uptake, but where on earth does it "clearly show" anything beyond the fact that Heroes for Hire has boobies in it?

    The scans from HfH shows:

    1) Brood with eggs
    2) Little Insect Guy (Meik I assume? Why is he small and yellow, as compared to large and blackish in the earlier scans?) holding toilet paper.
    3) Little Insect Guy getting his head ripped off for no apparent reason
    4) Boobies FTW!

    I hope that fairly harmless looking little yellow guy did something seriously bad off panel to justify getting his head ripped off... but I just don't see how they go from those scans to "see everyone, Meik and Brood clearly caused the explosion!"

    Those are Miek/brood hybrid babies. The brood's basic purpose is to consume a planet. They eat things like sentient life-forms. Since Hulk said "We'll leave you guys alone if you give me the four who shot me into space", We know they're going behind his back. Also, those aren't the panels that imply they're responsible.

    I read Heroes for Hire back to back, and so did another guy here.

    THERE IS NO PANEL saying so, in which implies theyre responsible. Feel free to tell me which page I should be looking at, because there´s nothing besides brood making a nest. Theyre not doing ANYTHING behind the Hulk´s back, unless babies carying toilet paper, for some reason, is EVIL.

    All proof so far points to Reed blowing up the reactor, as

    a) He said he´d make sure the Hulk would never come back. The only way to do so is to make sure the ship wont work.
    b) The explosion of the Core was powerful enough to destroy a city and kill Hulk´s wife, not a single trace of the ship would be left.
    c) Cho noting the fact that they used such a core.
    d) Again, the playback at the exact moment of the "long message" that Hulk´s scientists found in the ship.

    What do we have as proof of Miek doing it? Brood making a nest in an abandoned building, and her kids taking toilet paper.
    The fact that the Brood/Miek kids are inheritly recognizing humans as "enemies" is a bit fishy. If the Brood and Miek was completly in line with Hulks agenda wouldn't they impart that knowledge on their offspring that humans aren't supposed to be enemies?

    Silpheed on
  • JCMJCM Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »
    JCM wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Virral wrote: »
    Okay, here are the scans: I don't have the physical issue, so I don't know what number this is from, but scans_daily has them up already.

    http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/3674153.html#cutid2

    It quite clearly shows how malicious and manipulative Miek/Brood are, and show that we're supposed to see them as having blown up the world.

    How about we avoid ad-hominem attacks where people call me and others liars, or at least give people time to respond before getting all insult-heavy.

    Apologies for being slow on the uptake, but where on earth does it "clearly show" anything beyond the fact that Heroes for Hire has boobies in it?

    The scans from HfH shows:

    1) Brood with eggs
    2) Little Insect Guy (Meik I assume? Why is he small and yellow, as compared to large and blackish in the earlier scans?) holding toilet paper.
    3) Little Insect Guy getting his head ripped off for no apparent reason
    4) Boobies FTW!

    I hope that fairly harmless looking little yellow guy did something seriously bad off panel to justify getting his head ripped off... but I just don't see how they go from those scans to "see everyone, Meik and Brood clearly caused the explosion!"

    Those are Miek/brood hybrid babies. The brood's basic purpose is to consume a planet. They eat things like sentient life-forms. Since Hulk said "We'll leave you guys alone if you give me the four who shot me into space", We know they're going behind his back. Also, those aren't the panels that imply they're responsible.

    I read Heroes for Hire back to back, and so did another guy here.

    THERE IS NO PANEL saying so, in which implies theyre responsible. Feel free to tell me which page I should be looking at, because there´s nothing besides brood making a nest. Theyre not doing ANYTHING behind the Hulk´s back, unless babies carying toilet paper, for some reason, is EVIL.

    All proof so far points to Reed blowing up the reactor, as

    a) He said he´d make sure the Hulk would never come back. The only way to do so is to make sure the ship wont work.
    b) The explosion of the Core was powerful enough to destroy a city and kill Hulk´s wife, not a single trace of the ship would be left.
    c) Cho noting the fact that they used such a core.
    d) Again, the playback at the exact moment of the "long message" that Hulk´s scientists found in the ship.

    What do we have as proof of Miek doing it? Brood making a nest in an abandoned building, and her kids taking toilet paper.
    The fact that the Brood/Miek kids are inheritly recognizing humans as "enemies" is a bit fishy. If the Brood and Miek was completly in line with Hulks agenda wouldn't they impart that knowledge on their offspring that humans aren't supposed to be enemies?

    Do you read comics? Doesn´t take me 1 minute in google to find pages saying that Miek is following the Hulk, who told them there are No friends. Miek is following the Hulk.

    62201355ud9.jpg
    61684837yu5.jpg
    .. NOT MINE

    Of course they´ll see humans as enemies. Find another kooky theory to absolve Reed, because theres nothing in Heroes for hire showing Miek did anything against the Hulk.

    JCM on
  • SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    For fucks sake JCM, don't blow a gasket or something. I'm just worried that the writers are starting to turn Brood and Miek into some kind of "hidden danger" for Hulk and Earth. I like The characters of Miek and Brood and don't want to see them wasted in order to fill out a side story.

    Silpheed on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    JCM you need to chill the fuck out my friend. People realize that the four who launched Hulk into space are dicks and should be smashed. What we're worried about is seeing Miek and Brood being mis-written or uncharacteristic of how they've acted in the past.

    SatanIsMyMotor on
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So, is every point brought up in this thread going to turn into a twelve page dissertation by JCM on how wrong we are and how we should all be circle jerking Hulk and his Warbound?

    Because if that's the case, I may just leave this thread and go argue with myself about WWH :lol:

    Reigner on
    3DS FriendCode. Pokemon me: 0645-5757-1012
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I thought the whole tragedy of World War Hulk was that everything that happened to Hulk, his wife and his new world was never meant to actually happen.

    Karl on
    YOU'RE ALL BABIES.
    SO MUCH POTENTIAL TO WASTE.
    Koshian wrote: »
    JOKE'S ON YOU
    MY POTENTIAL IS ALREADY WASTED
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    He's this thread's mattharvest. :(

    Synthetic Orange on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    He's this thread's mattharvest. :(

    Wow, it's a pointless insult from someone who contributed nothing, otherwise, how clever!

    I don't agree with JCM's point here by and large, but at least he's arguing a point. You're just being a jerk without any clear reason.

    mattharvest on
  • EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Karl wrote: »
    I thought the whole tragedy of World War Hulk was that everything that happened to Hulk, his wife and his new world was never meant to actually happen.

    That is pretty much the overlying theme of the Hulks tragic tale all the time.

    From the beginning with mom and dad, through to Betty and the Gamma bomb, all the way up to his kingdom on Sakaar. Nothing lasts for the Hulk except the Hulk.

    Like he realized when he was driven to the savage Hulk again with the last gamma bomb... his greatest curse is that nothing seems to be able to kill him. No matter how much he wants it sometimes.. he survives, he always survives. What many hero's and villains would call a boon he curses because everything else around him crumbles into ash.

    Reed knows that the Hulk always seems to survive, hence the "no one kills the Hulk" comment to Cho. Cho may be smart, but he doesn't "know" the Hulk like Reed. So while Cho is worried about Reeds intentions with the Warp drive (up to and including any speculation aboutl making it go Boom intentionally), Reed knows that no matter what he does to the shuttle, the Hulk will live (firing it into a Sun or Black hole or something not withstanding).


    I agree with others who say it was not Stark/Reeds intention to kill the Hulk... they wanted him gone... but the death of the Planet of Sakaar is still their fault by their own actions.
    They created a weapon (intentional or not) and sent it packing with an enraged and betrayed Hulk... there is no plan they could have thought of where that ship didn't take pretty hefty damage... it should have been built to last as long or longer than they projected it needed to.

    That's the crux of the tragedy in WWH. The Hulk wants revenge, he wants blood for blood.... he may even want to push those with power far enough to where they finally find a way to kill him... I don't think we will know what his final real objective is until they make it clear.

    He said he wanted Stark/Reed/Strange/Black Bolt dead.. yet he still has Black Bolt (apparently) alive.
    Reed appears to still be alive as well. If he was out for real blood, their heads would have sufficed.

    Miek/Brood have their own revenge to take, as do others in his Warbound. they specifically asked if any were to be spared, and his answer may as well have been "none". Do I think others are going against him? No, I think they are interpreting the spirit of his reply to their own ends. He said none are to be spared, but that only those 4 matter to him. He never told them they cannot pursue their own agenda's. They flat out told him (Warbound) that Thor and the X-Men are targets.... and they are Warbound to the end... Humans and Earth do not really matter in their little group... at least not right now.

    EclecticGroove on
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Karl wrote: »
    I thought the whole tragedy of World War Hulk was that everything that happened to Hulk, his wife and his new world was never meant to actually happen.

    Don't forget, Reed did it all on purpose! Because Cho said that Reed "killed" the Hulk. Never mind the fact that it's pretty obvious that barring somthing extreme the Hulk is basically unkillable. Not to mention that we know that Hulk did infact survive the little Warp Core surprise that Reed may or may not have set up. So by that logic Cho is a dirty liar and was wrong. So there! :P
    I await your post of the Reed/Cho argument to prove me wrong again JCM. :)

    DharmaBum on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Any combination of Sentry,Thor and Hulk and Iron Man coming to blows would be fine with me. Even a Thor and Hulk team up against Sentry would be great, assuming the fight alone recieved a full issue to it's glory.
    Frontline 5. ;-) (Or so it seems from the front cover, albeit with bloody Sally Floyd added in.)

    I'm not going to contribute to the 'Meik set the bomb?' part of the Meik/Brood discussion, but earlier HfH issues (particualrly 10, IIRC - Humbug's power-up issue?) makes it quite clear that at least from the HfH's point of view, the Brood are coming back to fuck with the whole of the Earth.

    Wildcat on
  • JCMJCM Registered User
    edited June 2007
    JCM you need to chill the fuck out my friend. People realize that the four who launched Hulk into space are dicks and should be smashed. What we're worried about is seeing Miek and Brood being mis-written or uncharacteristic of how they've acted in the past.

    I wouldnt mind chilling out, but sadly it sems that this forum has too many off-topic trolls, who not smart enough to counteract anything, keep whining off-topic.

    Like the pussies below-
    *whine* JCM *whine* mattharvest. :(
    Reigner wrote: »
    *whine* JCM *whine*
    Angry wrote:
    *whine* JCM *whine*

    If you guys can talk on-topic, without anonymous kids proving just how stupid people can be behind net anonymousity protecting them, I´d be glad to speak on-topic and nicely.
    That is pretty much the overlying theme of the Hulks tragic tale all the time.

    From the beginning with mom and dad, through to Betty and the Gamma bomb, all the way up to his kingdom on Sakaar. Nothing lasts for the Hulk except the Hulk.

    Like he realized when he was driven to the savage Hulk again with the last gamma bomb... his greatest curse is that nothing seems to be able to kill him. No matter how much he wants it sometimes.. he survives, he always survives. What many hero's and villains would call a boon he curses because everything else around him crumbles into ash.

    Reed knows that the Hulk always seems to survive, hence the "no one kills the Hulk" comment to Cho. Cho may be smart, but he doesn't "know" the Hulk like Reed. So while Cho is worried about Reeds intentions with the Warp drive (up to and including any speculation aboutl making it go Boom intentionally), Reed knows that no matter what he does to the shuttle, the Hulk will live (firing it into a Sun or Black hole or something not withstanding).


    I agree with others who say it was not Stark/Reeds intention to kill the Hulk... they wanted him gone... but the death of the Planet of Sakaar is still their fault by their own actions.
    They created a weapon (intentional or not) and sent it packing with an enraged and betrayed Hulk... there is no plan they could have thought of where that ship didn't take pretty hefty damage... it should have been built to last as long or longer than they projected it needed to.

    That's the crux of the tragedy in WWH. The Hulk wants revenge, he wants blood for blood.... he may even want to push those with power far enough to where they finally find a way to kill him... I don't think we will know what his final real objective is until they make it clear.

    He said he wanted Stark/Reed/Strange/Black Bolt dead.. yet he still has Black Bolt (apparently) alive.
    Reed appears to still be alive as well. If he was out for real blood, their heads would have sufficed.

    Miek/Brood have their own revenge to take, as do others in his Warbound. they specifically asked if any were to be spared, and his answer may as well have been "none". Do I think others are going against him? No, I think they are interpreting the spirit of his reply to their own ends. He said none are to be spared, but that only those 4 matter to him. He never told them they cannot pursue their own agenda's. They flat out told him (Warbound) that Thor and the X-Men are targets.... and they are Warbound to the end... Humans and Earth do not really matter in their little group... at least not right now.

    Awesome post, which wraps up most things-

    Yep, they wanted him gone, and instead of asking him, they sent him away, tricking him after he had just finished saving the world.

    And Dr Strange should be kicked or something, he tried that 3 times before, and it never worked, but either the writers didnt bother to research, or Dr Strange has some serious mental memory problems.

    They then assumed that he would land in the right planet, instead of looking back at their track record with ships and planning otherwise, and probably had the reactor blow up.

    Like Spiderman, the Hulk cant get a break.

    Its funny how seing Namor go to war against the surface on one side and Hulk rampage, with the Brood, andthe rock dude, on the other side, and root for them, when 4 years ago we´d be rooting against them

    Thats great writing. Pity it came at the cost of bastardizing Iron Man (amazing Spiderman can be blamed for most of it) and Reed (downhill since John Byrne started writing him as a cold-hearted scientist first)

    JCM on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Reigner wrote: »
    So, is every point brought up in this thread going to turn into a twelve page dissertation by JCM on how wrong we are and how we should all be circle jerking Hulk and his Warbound?

    Because if that's the case, I may just leave this thread and go argue with myself about WWH :lol:

    And call us rednecks.


    They're all wrong. That's the point. Cho's hero worship is as dangerous as Reed's anti-hulk standpoint.

    Dex Dynamo on
  • JCMJCM Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Reigner wrote: »
    So, is every point brought up in this thread going to turn into a twelve page dissertation by JCM on how wrong we are and how we should all be circle jerking Hulk and his Warbound?

    Because if that's the case, I may just leave this thread and go argue with myself about WWH :lol:

    And call us rednecks.


    They're all wrong. That's the point. Cho's hero worship is as dangerous as Reed's anti-hulk standpoint.

    His hero worship is wrong, true, seen by his manipulation of Hercules and Angel.

    But the points he brought up when debating Reed to a standstill were spot on.

    Anyway, if Hulk becomes too evil, there´s always Namor to root for.

    JCM on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2007
    Hey, what happened to Betty Ross?

    DarkWarrior on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Hey, what happened to Betty Ross?

    Died a while ago.

    I guess there weren't many stories you could tell with a character like that.

    No wait, she was apparently revived, and her current whereabouts are unknown.

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey, what happened to Betty Ross?

    Died a while ago.

    I guess there weren't many stories you could tell with a character like that.

    No wait, she was apparently revived, and her current whereabouts are unknown.

    For all intents and purposes she's dead... Banner/Hulk do not know she's (maybe) alive.... that'd be a pretty horrible ending to WWH Hulk actually... Look Hulk, don't destroy earth, Betty is aliiiive (dun dun dunnnnnnn).

    I agree her story should be over for some time.... if they bring her back, it should be in a more dramatic (emotional, not world is ending) way.

    EclecticGroove on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Do we actually know what Hulk's agenda is? Besides stomping the Illuminati flat, that is. I'm curious as to what his post war strategy will be.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited June 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Do we actually know what Hulk's agenda is? Besides stomping the Illuminati flat, that is. I'm curious as to what his post war strategy will be.

    Isn't Hulk pretty much the last person you expect to have an exit strategy?

    I guess he'd eventually get around to giving all his friends a new home, though that probably won't come up as I'm guessing they're all going to die.

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Do we actually know what Hulk's agenda is? Besides stomping the Illuminati flat, that is. I'm curious as to what his post war strategy will be.

    Isn't Hulk pretty much the last person you expect to have an exit strategy?

    I guess he'd eventually get around to giving all his friends a new home, though that probably won't come up as I'm guessing they're all going to die.

    God, I hope not. I love the Warbound.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Hey, what's with the robot guy? Does anyone know if he has a prior appearance in the Marvel Universe?

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    He's new as far as I know, created for the Planet Hulk arc.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • JCMJCM Registered User
    edited June 2007
    If I remeber correctly, he has appeared in some Marvel UK mag

    JCM on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Do we actually know what Hulk's agenda is? Besides stomping the Illuminati flat, that is. I'm curious as to what his post war strategy will be.

    Isn't Hulk pretty much the last person you expect to have an exit strategy?

    I guess he'd eventually get around to giving all his friends a new home, though that probably won't come up as I'm guessing they're all going to die.

    God, I hope not. I love the Warbound.

    Well, think about this from an editorial perspective (i.e. an external one):

    The Marvel universe cannot be under Hulk rule at the end of this event, so at the very least we know that (1) Hulk is going to be (a) beaten, (b) surrender, (c) leave, or some combination thereof.

    The Brood/Miek are clearly being written as being outright bad-guys in that even if they didn't outright cause the warp core breach (I'll leave this debate aside for the moment) they certainly are/were looking to exterminate humanity and repopulate Earth with Brood/Miek hybrids. This means that at the end of the arc, (2) Miek/Brood will have to be (a) dead, (b) hiding somewhere on Earth, biding their time, (c) imprisoned by Reed et al. or (d) off on another planet. If Hulk finds out that they were manipulating him at all - given that this whole WWH is about people screwing with Hulk's life - I imagine he'd kill Brood/Miek pretty quickly.

    The other Warbound are, however well developed, not that integral in any fashion. Any/all of them (3) could be demoted to basic supervillain status, running around like so many Devil Dinosaur, Venom, etc. Alternately they could be killed/exiled, but it's not really important from an editorial perspective.

    I think the only real questions about how WWH will play out are (a) how much damage will be done to the world during WWH (and that's limited by the fact that the US government clearly will still be operating afterward, based on previews of Thor), and (b) how will Hulk end it (death, exile, surrender, defeat, etc.)?

    I dont think that means it'll be uninteresting by any means, but rather that there are actually only a few important questions. After that, we've got lesser questions (will Illuminati be publically chastised, etc.)

    mattharvest on
  • AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    JCM wrote: »
    Angry wrote: »
    JCM wrote: »
    august wrote: »
    Because just mentioning a warp care is enough to assume you mean that someone used it s a weapon?

    When its potent enough to kill Hulk´s wife, who has traded blows with him on an equal footing and had survived Sakaar-made bombs, and an entire city, yeah
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    He's saying "Wait a second", not "No, there was no warp core"
    Agreed.

    BTW, I really recommend picking up Iron Man´s WWH tie-in, although it doesnt justify him not asking banner, it at least tells us that he considered it, with this issue and a retcon on concentration camp/villains hunting heroes bit in Civil War, he could make a fine hero again.

    After getting smashed and exiting ICU that is.

    "no, no one kills the hulk."

    your selective reading is astounding.

    Hey, its off-topic kid again, did you learn to read yet?
    Ok, just because I feel like playing along. Cho isn't all upset that there was a warpcore on the shuttle, in fact the opposite. When he asked Reed if there was, Reed says no then says he has to run some number

    Replied by
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    He's saying "Wait a second", not "No, there was no warp core"
    and
    JCM wrote: »
    Reed´s conversation was pretty much... hmm, no.. wait.. talk about someone stealing his thunder, but if you want to take the "no" as him saying there wasnt, that also makes Reed a liar.

    But hey, one day you´ll learn to read, and maybe contribute to the conversation, troll.

    so you're saying that reed's dastardly plan was to send a bomb with the hulk that he knew had no way of killing the hulk thus making the whole thing pointless.

    maybe one day you'll understand how to have a discussion without being a dumb prick to everyone in an attempt to make your point and then act high and mighty when people tell you you're an idiot.

    Angry on
  • CharcoalNinjaCharcoalNinja Registered User
    edited June 2007
    so you're saying that reed's dastardly plan was to send a bomb with the hulk that he knew had no way of killing the hulk thus making the whole thing pointless.

    maybe one day you'll understand how to have a discussion without being a dumb prick to everyone in an attempt to make your point and then act high and mighty when people tell you you're an idiot.


    Maybe if you people would learn to fucking READ he wouldn't have to lash out at you CONSTANTLY.

    The point is Reed is guilty of murdering an entire world through negligence. The ENTIRE POINT of putting the bomb on the ship was to ensure the Hulk couldn't return. THAT IS IT.

    THAT IS ALL JCM has been saying for crying out loud. READ then REPLY. That is how the internet works.

    Or even better, READ the comics that are being discussed. Not only would you see all of his points you'd also see the Hulk not even scratched by the damned bomb, while most others where dead.

    The Miek debate isn't one if you read the issue, when Miek and Brood are talking they are specifically talking about the video they just saw. Miek's want to remind the hulk what he does, is limited ONLY to showing the hulk this message in order to get him pissed again. The hulk has a talk with Miek, and says some pretty powerful stuff and Miek then understands why the hulk isn't smashing right now and all is well.

    They are friends, Planet Hulk is the one story where the Hulk has REAL TRUE friends. His warbound will do anything for him, that is the truely great irony of WWH. Hulk is coming back to get revenge on the people that sent him away so he could be happy. Their plan completely worked, however their negligence ruined the entire thing. Hulk WAS perfectly happy, and not on earth, but Reed's wanting to FORCE the hulk to stay away ruined everything by blowing the world up.

    So in closing stop posting crap you people and actually READ the damned Thread for a change. You'll find people don't call you names very often if you do.

    Edit: I also find the fact that people are capable of believing that Miek of ALL people would betray the Hulk to be complete insanity. Miek owes everything to the Hulk, Miek throughout Planet Hulk was weak and befriending the Hulk who protected and empowered him. Everything Miek has at this point in time, his great strength his brood lady, everything is because the Hulk was awesome to him and everyone around him. To think that the writers would crap on Miek's character and the entire core of what made Planet Hulk so completely awesome saddens me greatly and I hope that it never comes to pass.

    CharcoalNinja on
  • BuraianBuraian Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Wow. A lot of discussion in this thread.

    I love WWH. I think (so far) it's a brilliant move by Marvel. First give us a very political and theoretical event (Civil War) and then a nice old school "heroes vs villains" event but with a little twist where you can debate who is the villain. I hope they don't make things to difficult for the more newbie readers. I for example didn't read the Planet Hulk arc at all, I did read the Road to Civil War: Illluminati issue so I know what they did to Hulk.

    But all this talk about brood and miek is weirding me out. Is there anythung important I need to know about those to besides they are 2 badasses that hate the puny human race and want to expand their species?

    Buraian on
    Mario Strikers Charged; 2234-3890-3756
    Pokemon Diamond; Coming Soon
    Mii name; Bryan

    Brumski!
  • AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    so you're saying that reed's dastardly plan was to send a bomb with the hulk that he knew had no way of killing the hulk thus making the whole thing pointless.

    maybe one day you'll understand how to have a discussion without being a dumb prick to everyone in an attempt to make your point and then act high and mighty when people tell you you're an idiot.


    Maybe if you people would learn to fucking READ he wouldn't have to lash out at you CONSTANTLY.

    The point is Reed is guilty of murdering an entire world through negligence. The ENTIRE POINT of putting the bomb on the ship was to ensure the Hulk couldn't return. THAT IS IT.

    THAT IS ALL JCM has been saying for crying out loud. READ then REPLY. That is how the internet works.

    Or even better, READ the comics that are being discussed. Not only would you see all of his points you'd also see the Hulk not even scratched by the damned bomb, while most others where dead.

    The Miek debate isn't one if you read the issue, when Miek and Brood are talking they are specifically talking about the video they just saw. Miek's want to remind the hulk what he does, is limited ONLY to showing the hulk this message in order to get him pissed again. The hulk has a talk with Miek, and says some pretty powerful stuff and Miek then understands why the hulk isn't smashing right now and all is well.

    They are friends, Planet Hulk is the one story where the Hulk has REAL TRUE friends. His warbound will do anything for him, that is the truely great irony of WWH. Hulk is coming back to get revenge on the people that sent him away so he could be happy. Their plan completely worked, however their negligence ruined the entire thing. Hulk WAS perfectly happy, and not on earth, but Reed's wanting to FORCE the hulk to stay away ruined everything by blowing the world up.

    So in closing stop posting crap you people and actually READ the damned Thread for a change. You'll find people don't call you names very often if you do.

    haha ok. maybe you should actually read jcm's posts from the beginning. i could take a picture of my planet hulk hard cover if you'd like as well.

    Angry on
  • CharcoalNinjaCharcoalNinja Registered User
    edited June 2007
    While you can probably get by with that much knowledge about Miek and Brood, I fully recommend reading Planet Hulk. You will not be disappointed, awesome series with excellent writing.

    CharcoalNinja on
  • AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Edit: I also find the fact that people are capable of believing that Miek of ALL people would betray the Hulk to be complete insanity. Miek owes everything to the Hulk, Miek throughout Planet Hulk was weak and befriending the Hulk who protected and empowered him. Everything Miek has at this point in time, his great strength his brood lady, everything is because the Hulk was awesome to him and everyone around him. To think that the writers would crap on Miek's character and the entire core of what made Planet Hulk so completely awesome saddens me greatly and I hope that it never comes to pass.

    miek's attitude changes quite a lot from beginning to end of planet hulk.

    Angry on
  • CharcoalNinjaCharcoalNinja Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Hey with your Planet Hulk hardcover try this.

    Actually open it.

    CharcoalNinja on
  • AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    profound.

    Angry on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Edit: I also find the fact that people are capable of believing that Miek of ALL people would betray the Hulk to be complete insanity. Miek owes everything to the Hulk, Miek throughout Planet Hulk was weak and befriending the Hulk who protected and empowered him. Everything Miek has at this point in time, his great strength his brood lady, everything is because the Hulk was awesome to him and everyone around him. To think that the writers would crap on Miek's character and the entire core of what made Planet Hulk so completely awesome saddens me greatly and I hope that it never comes to pass.

    I wouldn't discount the possibility at all. I think it's quite likely, in fact. But it's important to understand that Miek wouldn't really see this as a betrayal, rather than helping the Hulk to realize what he is.

    What Miek wound up with after the war on Sakaar was a whole lot of not that much at all - his only queen was dead, and his race was doomed to extinction. He blamed the Sakaarians for that, but instead of being allowed to take revenge on them (never stop making them pay, as Hulk said) he had to stop fighting and befriend them.

    It seemed towards the end of Planet Hulk that Miek was starting to come around (like his quote "Maybe all this ending so next thing can come" implied), but maybe there was a hidden meaning in it.

    And anyway, if Miek did turn out to be behind it all, that would make for an awesome plot twist.

    Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    except everyone knows it already!

    Angry on
  • EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Angry wrote: »
    except everyone knows it already!

    And that's what makes it NOT an awesome plot twist or a great move on the part of the writers (if it comes to pass).

    Make the little alien bug guys the villains again instead of making them lasting and interesting characters who started off simple but have evolved into complex beings who are above simply playing the typecast role set in front of them.

    WWH doesn't need more bickering inside their group... these are a group of people who have literally gone through hell together and conquered an entire planet, freeing themselves and various people. Miek and Brood may not have much left, but they also aren't festering at the bottom of some gladiator pit somewhere. The brood even shed a tear during Sakaar's destruction, all of them... Hulk included, grew from their trials there.

    I'm not saying they won't do it... because this is a comic book after all, typecast villains are part of what they do.

    All of the characters in Planet Hulk had an unusually large amount of development for non recurring/non main characters... they were all of them a star in their own right, which will make their loss a tragic one if they all fall in battle to help the Hulk, or even save him from himself potentially... but it will be contrived and very "dirty" if they simply turn any of them into villains against the Hulk of their own free will. If this humbug guy took control of one of them or some such.. then there's something to that, but it's not looking like they will play it out that way.

    EclecticGroove on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Edit: I also find the fact that people are capable of believing that Miek of ALL people would betray the Hulk to be complete insanity. Miek owes everything to the Hulk, Miek throughout Planet Hulk was weak and befriending the Hulk who protected and empowered him. Everything Miek has at this point in time, his great strength his brood lady, everything is because the Hulk was awesome to him and everyone around him. To think that the writers would crap on Miek's character and the entire core of what made Planet Hulk so completely awesome saddens me greatly and I hope that it never comes to pass.

    I wouldn't discount the possibility at all. I think it's quite likely, in fact. But it's important to understand that Miek wouldn't really see this as a betrayal, rather than helping the Hulk to realize what he is.

    What Miek wound up with after the war on Sakaar was a whole lot of not that much at all - his only queen was dead, and his race was doomed to extinction. He blamed the Sakaarians for that, but instead of being allowed to take revenge on them (never stop making them pay, as Hulk said) he had to stop fighting and befriend them.

    It seemed towards the end of Planet Hulk that Miek was starting to come around (like his quote "Maybe all this ending so next thing can come" implied), but maybe there was a hidden meaning in it.

    And anyway, if Miek did turn out to be behind it all, that would make for an awesome plot twist.

    It wouldn't make for an awesome twist at all considering it takes away from every bit of character development Miek went through in the series.

    Also, if one more person says someone should try "READING" something when its clear they already have I'm going to destroy the internet.

    SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Edit: I also find the fact that people are capable of believing that Miek of ALL people would betray the Hulk to be complete insanity. Miek owes everything to the Hulk, Miek throughout Planet Hulk was weak and befriending the Hulk who protected and empowered him. Everything Miek has at this point in time, his great strength his brood lady, everything is because the Hulk was awesome to him and everyone around him. To think that the writers would crap on Miek's character and the entire core of what made Planet Hulk so completely awesome saddens me greatly and I hope that it never comes to pass.

    I wouldn't discount the possibility at all. I think it's quite likely, in fact. But it's important to understand that Miek wouldn't really see this as a betrayal, rather than helping the Hulk to realize what he is.

    What Miek wound up with after the war on Sakaar was a whole lot of not that much at all - his only queen was dead, and his race was doomed to extinction. He blamed the Sakaarians for that, but instead of being allowed to take revenge on them (never stop making them pay, as Hulk said) he had to stop fighting and befriend them.

    It seemed towards the end of Planet Hulk that Miek was starting to come around (like his quote "Maybe all this ending so next thing can come" implied), but maybe there was a hidden meaning in it.

    And anyway, if Miek did turn out to be behind it all, that would make for an awesome plot twist.

    It wouldn't make for an awesome twist at all considering it takes away from every bit of character development Miek went through in the series.

    He's been heading for a major confrontation with the Hulk ever since he morphed into his king form. His character started to get darker and more brutal ever since then. For him to set the Hulk on the warpath would not be out of character for the person he's become. He's not the same scrappy little twerp who was nothing but comedic relief that he started out as.

    Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    He may not be the comedic relief, but he already came into a major confrontation at the end of Planet Hulk.

    He couldn't understand how to stop fighting, how could they live together after all the warring had occurred, in fact.. many could not "get" that point.

    That was the last lesson the Hulk taught them all before things went boom.. that they don't HAVE to fight each other. There are many kinds of fights, many struggles to be had, and not all of them involve chopping off limbs and smashing things.

    Miek evolved to his king form in the middle of the bloodbath, it was well suited to the time and place he was at... but he's not the only one that lost things... every single member of the warbound has a similar loss. All lost family, friends, loved ones. Some even lost everything, just as he had.

    But he grew along with the others, him and the brood both grew, and have a chance to start over.

    Maybe they will make them evil infesting bug people that will be wiped out, or maybe not... I'm hoping not. I seem to recall that in a future timeline there are good brood, perhaps this was the start of one such group.. who knows, I just hope they don't ruin all that came to pass in Planet Hulk with a contrived plot twist that isn't even a suprise.

    EclecticGroove on
  • CharcoalNinjaCharcoalNinja Registered User
    edited June 2007

    Also, if one more person says someone should try "READING" something when its clear they already have I'm going to destroy the internet.

    Not to bring this back up again... but I have to question your definition of "reading" when JCM says, bolded even:

    Let me guess, youve never read a comic and think a bomb can kill the Hulk.

    He destroyed the ship, so the Hulk wouldnt come back.
    Too difficcult, ye redneck? Again
    He destroyed the ship, so the Hulk wouldnt come back.
    Im waiting for my "reed tried to kill Hulk" quote that you pulled out that arse of yours, right before putting the Reed action figure back in, fucking liar.

    And then Angrey, who is supposedly reading the thread replies with:

    so you're saying that reed's dastardly plan was to send a bomb with the hulk that he knew had no way of killing the hulk thus making the whole thing pointless.

    maybe one day you'll understand how to have a discussion without being a dumb prick to everyone in an attempt to make your point and then act high and mighty when people tell you you're an idiot.

    A full forum page AFTER JCM's post.


    Now this just might be me being all crazy and such, but I'd count blatantly ignoring the point being made at hand, bolded even, as not READING.

    CharcoalNinja on
This discussion has been closed.