As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoD] Shotgun Nerf Inbound. Somehow, this isn't a joke.

• Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    Also can I get a clan invite?

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    just got omnicide with a pavelow and overwatch and NOTHING ELSE :D

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    as somebody who actually bothered getting the gold title for the spas 12 in mw2...

it's not the same.

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    You say that as if there are people who don't have the gold title for the SPAS-12 in MW2.
    It is not the same

Booker on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Yeah, the spas 12 was bonkers in mw2. Same with the UMP and the Famas.

Now you have the pp90, the type 95 and the ACR, kinda.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Hibernus wrote:
    as somebody who actually bothered getting the gold title for the spas 12 in mw2...

it's not the same.

lols
    Sirialis wrote:
    Quickscoping is getting pretty obnoxious in my opinion, if shotguns has to be shit, maybe sniper rifles should have auto aim turned off and ofcourse Assault Rifles should have more recoil to balance it out, maybe lowered damage too? Same for SMG's.

You wanna know why shotguns are bad?

Because if they were average/decent/good then quickscopers would get a train run on their asses. And since quickscopers make up a good percent of the sales of MW2, they need to be catered to.

Which means shotguns NEED to be bad or else a quickscoper would never get a kill.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I had a little suspicion that it might be a reason Brutle, after all Quickscopers seem to be highpowered shotgun users with one hit kill abilities these days.

I just hoped that IW or whoever has the last say regarding MW, actually catered to the majority instead of those "Fake Fayde 360 Quickscopers" in this regard, alas.

EDIT: Final Stand and Dead Mans Hand are pretty annoying when it breaks a nice streak, but then I just think about Second Chance Pro for a minute and it's all good.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Good games with you guys tonight. Sucks that ground war always stops us from finding opponents.

Here's a video of Kill Confirmed on Village.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3UPejkEYmQ

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    PP90M1 is pretty crazy. Works really well on team defender when 3-4 guys are huddled together with the flag. Slap rapid fire on there and go to town, not even using steady aim and im getting hip fire kills like woah. Trips and quads everywhere

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    Yeah, the spas 12 was bonkers in mw2. Same with the UMP and the Famas.

Now you have the pp90, the type 95 and the ACR, kinda.

I never, ever, felt like the SPAS12 was overpowered in MW2 though. You still had to be able to actually aim. So that's something.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Doing it wrong.

Rapid Fire + Extended Mags + Steady Aim = RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE.

Don't ban me for rape joke!

EDIT: Weird, quoted the wrong person. Meant to quote Skull.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    What's with you guys dissing the other shotties? The USAS 12 is fine. It should have a teensy longer OHK but for some reason you can usually get the second off.

Why it's classed "automatic" is beyond me, though.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    You hold the trigger down and it continues to fire.

Sure. It's ROF is stupid.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote:
    What's with you guys dissing the other shotties? The USAS 12 is fine. It should have a teensy longer OHK but for some reason you can usually get the second off.

Why it's classed "automatic" is beyond me, though.

Tuba. This is how the USAS is supposed to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zesdXj0oLQQ

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    @joshgotro

so many delta/riot squad members and last second revives

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    @joshgotro

so many delta/riot squad members and last second revives

It's upsetting they couldn't make it four man.

AND YES. Two Riot Squads will easily take down everything but Little Birds.

Putting a Grenade Turret behind your Riot Squad, then standing behind your Grenade Turret will cause ultimate destruction. Enemy combatants come looking for you, find a wall of shields, and then get blown up by a fucking robot.

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I hate SMGs and I always feel bad about using the pp90m1, but I'm not going to pick a shit weapon and lose just to feel better about myself. Anyway, I killed a wall-e with a knife yesterday and it felt so good.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Just throwing this out there:

With the map design for 90% of the maps in this game, if shotguns actually were as powerful as you guys want them to be (aka MW2 SPAS12), they'd be ridiculously overpowered and we'd be yelling about them more than anything else except the Type95 (which is basically an AR that works the way the SPAS12 worked except with way more range).

twmjr on
  • Options
    galroggalrog Registered User regular
    twmjr wrote:

With the map design for 90% of the maps in this game, if shotguns actually were as powerful as you guys want them to be (aka MW2 SPAS12), they'd be ridiculously overpowered and we'd be yelling about them more than anything else except the Type95 (which is basically an AR that works the way the SPAS12 worked except with way more range).

At least you have to aim the Type 95, well sorta

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    About to snap this disc in half. Is a little bit of consistency between matches just too much to ask for, InfinityTards?

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Mother fucker.

I have two xboxes, side by side, both connected by cable to the router. One of them has an open nat, the other has a strict nat (suddenly, for no goddamn reason, they've both been open in the past). Infinity ward recommends enabling UPnP. What should I actually be doing? Can I just do standard port forwarding if I'm running two boxes on the same network, both playing MW3?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    So that's the new name for it now? A Fayde or Fade shot? I'm gonna have to remember that.
    galrog wrote:
    twmjr wrote:

Rumor has it that you can just aim the T95 in the air and it'll act like a mortar strike...that never misses it's target. Also when you ADS toward enemies you can see there soul and how much rage/fear they got in the battlefield.

• Options
    Just went 30-13 on hardhat dom
    Waaaaaat?! <3 PP90

Got a triplekill game winning killcam :3

Betty kill
    Hipfire double

Awwwwwwwww yeaaaaahhhhhhh

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    twmjr wrote:

I mean, I feel like the Striker is about where it should be, and that doesn't feel terribly overpowered. But seriously man, shooting someone in the back from 4 feet away with the SPAS, only to have them do a 10-sensitivity 720 and one burst you with a t95 hipfire? Bullshit.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    But seriously man, shooting someone in the back from 4 feet 20 feet away with the SPAS suppressed FAD, only to have them do a 10-sensitivity 720 and one burst Peter North your face with a t95 hipfire MP9? Bullshit.

Got that clip saved in my vault but I really wish I had recorded it live so it didn't give the wickywickywicky crosshair movement in the playback.

iRevert on
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf4QmF0NI80

46-4 with a SPAS. Christ.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    galrog wrote:

Since when?

• Options
    I think... once I get a headset anyway, I'm going to run a T95 with Steady Aim, and pretend it's a shotgun. Like, for realsies pretend it's a shotgun.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I think... once I get a headset anyway, I'm going to run a T95 with Steady Aim, and pretend it's a shotgun. Like, for realsies pretend it's a shotgun.

Can I make a headset recommendation for you?

Sennheiser HD555

Your going to need either a mixamp or DSS for it and a mic (I hear KBAMmoses Vacorsis has a spare mic for sale), but the headset itself offers great sound quality and most importantly ALL the parts are end user replaceable with replacement parts easily available for purchase from Sennheiser's online store. So when you snap off an earcup or break the headband you can just order up that part and swap it out and your back in business.

iRevert on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my god, i love the PP90. Finally got ext mags, its like the gun shoots liquid sex and people are dying from orgasms. Twice i got hipfire QUINTS

Oh yes /Prof. Farnsworth

Edit: Anyone else get really sweaty armpits from extended CoD sessions? Jeeze...

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    No but sometimes I get swampass.

Oh wait, are we not sharing now?

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Edit: Anyone else get really sweaty armpits from extended CoD sessions? Jeeze...

Hah, no. Sometimes, though, my hands really ache. Depends on how long I play, lol.

I was talking to a friend of mine about how I'm waiting on a few patches to clear up some of the garbage in MW3 before I jump back into it, because it's a bit too frustrating for me to enjoy right now. He reminded me that we're still waiting on a few patches to clear up some of the garbage in MW2. That kind of put things into perspective for me.

• Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    i always get headaches cuz i wear my glasses and my headset, and i have a giant head. also if i havent eaten much before i play, i start shaking really badly cuz its so intense.

what all was in this new patch? just the ext mags nerf, or were there lag/matchmaking "fixes" too? cuz whatever it was, this game plays worse than ever now. cant get in a lobby below 100 ping, constant 3 bar getting shot around corners. but i actually calmed myself before throwing my controller and turned off my PS3.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    New patch addressed shotguns with extended mags gaining more pellets than they were supposed to, and made adjustments to the FMG9 and Type 95s. Pretty much just handling changes, like raise time, hip-fire spread, etc. Nothing to address the obscene fucking damage that makes the Type 95 a better shotgun than every shotgun in MW3.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Is the new patch live already? I havent noticed any changes at all if it has.

• Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    weapon changes were not in the patch

Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    They really need to tighten the choke on like all the shotguns. The KSG might as well not even have a barrel with as wacky shack its spread is.

• Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    dinoarus wrote:
    weapon changes were not in the patch

yeah i definitely have not noticed any difference in the lethality of the type 95 and dual FMGs. everyone is still using them, and everyone is still raping me with them.

which LMGs are the most usable? ive kind of exhausted the ARs and SMGs, and im dabbling with the snipers, but im not very good, at least with the barrett/rsass.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In my experience, the MK46 is the best. The rate of fire is high, but the recoil isn't too bad. Kick is enough to keep it under control, in my opinion. You can pair Kick with Grip and turn it into a laser beam, but I had better results with Kick + Rapid Fire. Very, very good weapon. The iron sights are pretty decent, too (reminds me of the old RPD irons from COD4; really clear and open), so I don't feel like it needs an optic. That's a personal preference, though.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    If I did anything as poorly as IW wrote net code I would be ashamed and stop doing it immediately.