As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's all go post in the new STEAM thread and talk about Tom Clancy ♥

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    In honor of the many Steam threads, I think we're going to have to make Gentleman a playable class in Rainslick Precipice of Darkness 3.

Since you can (and should) multi-class, you'll be able to make Tycho a Gentleman and a Scholar. :)

Oh snap!
    captaink wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:
    emp123 wrote:
    Oh speaking of Oblivion, I have a question about leveling. Ive noticed that despite only swinging my sword and fixing my armor whenever I level I can only get +2 str and +4 end, if I continue to up my skills without upping my level, will I be able to put +5 in strength and endurance, or am I stuck at the +2/+4 as thats what I could get when I leveled?

The stat bonuses you get can choose depend on the skills you leveled. So say you got all of your level just doing a strength based skill, when you leveled up you'd have a huge strength bonus to pick and all the other bonuses would be really small.

More specifically, for every ~2 increases of skills linked to an attribute, you get +1 to your multiplier. 1-4 is +2, 5-7 is +3, 8-9 is +4, 10 or more is +5. Yes, it is weird and dumb. 'Ideal' leveling means raising a bunch of minor skills so you can get 3 +5 modifiers each level. Don't go crazy trying to do this though.

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely take that into consideration as I run around in Oblivion, but I was more wondering if there was a benefit to waiting to level - like, if I hit level 3 and can only put 2 into strength, will I be able to add +5 strength if I run around slicing more shit with my sword (and subsequently get more skill ups) and then try to level up?

If not, Im semi tempted to restart my character as 1) Im not that far into the game, and 2) I think most of the "major" skills I have are endurance based so its really easy for me to level those up before increasing my strength so I think my strength is going to always be much lower than it could/should be.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote:
    In honor of the many Steam threads, I think we're going to have to make Gentleman a playable class in Rainslick Precipice of Darkness 3.

Since you can (and should) multi-class, you'll be able to make Tycho a Gentleman and a Scholar. :)

Oh snap!
    captaink wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:
    emp123 wrote:
    Oh speaking of Oblivion, I have a question about leveling. Ive noticed that despite only swinging my sword and fixing my armor whenever I level I can only get +2 str and +4 end, if I continue to up my skills without upping my level, will I be able to put +5 in strength and endurance, or am I stuck at the +2/+4 as thats what I could get when I leveled?

The stat bonuses you get can choose depend on the skills you leveled. So say you got all of your level just doing a strength based skill, when you leveled up you'd have a huge strength bonus to pick and all the other bonuses would be really small.

More specifically, for every ~2 increases of skills linked to an attribute, you get +1 to your multiplier. 1-4 is +2, 5-7 is +3, 8-9 is +4, 10 or more is +5. Yes, it is weird and dumb. 'Ideal' leveling means raising a bunch of minor skills so you can get 3 +5 modifiers each level. Don't go crazy trying to do this though.

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely take that into consideration as I run around in Oblivion, but I was more wondering if there was a benefit to waiting to level - like, if I hit level 3 and can only put 2 into strength, will I be able to add +5 strength if I run around slicing more shit with my sword (and subsequently get more skill ups) and then try to level up?

If not, Im semi tempted to restart my character as 1) Im not that far into the game, and 2) I think most of the "major" skills I have are endurance based so its really easy for me to level those up before increasing my strength so I think my strength is going to always be much lower than it could/should be.

You can't 'wait' and add more to your multipliers. Once you earn the level, they're locked in. It's important to have a variety of major skills. Just don't let this drive you crazy.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    Oh and in more bundleness, this was also registry mined:

Going to be a Super Meat Boy anniversary bundle on Steam. It came out Nov 30 but since it's a big bundle, decent chance it'll hit during the Thanksgiving sale:

Super Meat Boy (duh)
    Half Life 2 (and the Deathmatch and Lost Coast thing)
    Aquaria
    World of Goo
    VVVVV
    Bit Trip Beat
    Bit Trip Runner
    Gish
    Machinarium
    Braid

Obviously the big unifying factor is that those games have hidden characters in SMB. No word of price point or anything yet regarding being able to gift out other copies. Kinda meh deal I imagine for most considering a lot of those are either Humble games or often invovled in Steam promotions.

This is up now actually. Everything's 50% off and the bundle is 24.99

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    captaink wrote:
    emp123 wrote:

Oh snap!
    captaink wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:
    emp123 wrote:

You can't 'wait' and add more to your multipliers. Once you earn the level, they're locked in. It's important to have a variety of major skills. Just don't let this drive you crazy.

Ugh, is there a character/save game editor or something?

Min/Maxing makes emp123 something something.

• Options
    DualRinzlersDualRinzlers That's just like...your Identity Disc man. Registered User regular
    I bought Aquaria way back when it was a itty-bitty indie release and just now realized it's been picked up on Steam. Anyone know if there's a way for me to get a Steam-copy since I own the original game?

• Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    How much does Magika suck for single player only?

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    Lord Jezo wrote:

Ive enjoyed what Ive played, although it is hard and I wish I had someone to play with but I fear playing with random people on the internet.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    That Super Meat Boy bundle looks great! Too bad I already own all of the games in it.
    I bought Aquaria way back when it was a itty-bitty indie release and just now realized it's been picked up on Steam. Anyone know if there's a way for me to get a Steam-copy since I own the original game?

Doubt it. It's actually been on Steam for at least 3 years.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Lord Jezo wrote:

Recent update added some things to it to make single player much less painful. I haven't checked them out, but the idea of what they mentioned had me wanting to go back for another shot at Single Player.

• Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    This is getting creepy. I not only wished the other day that Stardock games would come to Steam, I also wished that SMB would go on sale at some time.

Did the latest Steam client update introduce mind-reading software, or something?

Lord_Snot on
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote:
    This is getting creepy. I not only wished the other day that Stardock games would come to Steam, I also wished that SMB would go on sale at some time.

Did the latest Steam client update introduce mind-reading software, or something?

I'm going to need you to think up Kate Beckinsale for me, please. Use your powers for good!

Also, that is fantastically hilarious awesome news about Rainslick 3. Huge smile, all up ins.

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Does anyone know if the SMB bundle will give you individual codes? I only want Beat, Runner, and Meatboy and I'd like to gift the others. Help article makes this seem unlikely.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Edit- Key's gone.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Dangit. Why, aquaria? Why? Right after I buy SR3.

Wow. I just noticed I only own TWO of the games in the pack....I am bad at serving the newell. :cry:

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SkutSkut wrote:
    So I got a beta key for The Old Republic if anyone wants it just shoot me a PM. Dunno where else to post this, and we give stuff out here all the time.

I mean, I don't want it not that big into mmos so I figure who better than the people at the PA Steam thread.

Just a note, anyone who signed up on the Old Republic website before 11/11/11 (I think) already has an invite and using a code like SkukSkut is so kindly offering could screw up your access.

For what its worth, I think all it does is change when you can start playing, since theyre letting 1.6 million people theyre staggering the access (theyre thinking about doing this for the early access for preorders so even though theyre offering 5 days of early access if you preordered the day before early access starts the guy who preordered the day preorderds became available will be playing before you).

• Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote:

Me and Sophie Marceau. You need to wish for this now. :winky:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    Weird, I got an update flash from Steam talking about the Super Meat Boy pack, then a few other splashes about sales for games, then at the very end tab it told me I had purchased the SMB bundle and the extra copies of games would be available to give to my friends. Only, I own half of the games from the pack, and the other half aren't in my library nor are there any giftable copies of the ones I did own. Someone pressed the wrong button! :lol:

• Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote:
    Lord Jezo wrote:

Ive enjoyed what Ive played, although it is hard and I wish I had someone to play with but I fear playing with random people on the internet.

I would join either of you as I haven't played any co-op since I picked it up on a previous sale.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote:
    SkutSkut wrote:
    So I got a beta key for The Old Republic if anyone wants it just shoot me a PM. Dunno where else to post this, and we give stuff out here all the time.

I mean, I don't want it not that big into mmos so I figure who better than the people at the PA Steam thread.

Just a note, anyone who signed up on the Old Republic website before 11/11/11 (I think) already has an invite and using a code like SkukSkut is so kindly offering could screw up your access.

For what its worth, I think all it does is change when you can start playing, since theyre letting 1.6 million people theyre staggering the access (theyre thinking about doing this for the early access for preorders so even though theyre offering 5 days of early access if you preordered the day before early access starts the guy who preordered the day preorderds became available will be playing before you).

Pretty sure it's everyone that has a BioWare social account. A friend of mine and I both got codes for it and we never signed up for the beta or the SWTOR website.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Yeah that's what it was, bioware social account thingy. And the meatboy bundle is up. Soundtracks on sale too, Meatboy one is worth picking up. I got everything in the bundle already lol.

If you can only get one game get Aquaria it's was worth it when it was $20.

• Options
    SkutSkut wrote:

If you can only get one game get Aquaria it's was worth it when it was $20.
    Yeah. I'm really hoping I can come up with the 5 bucks for it. I always regretted not getting it in the past. I loved the demo.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I wish I could link this thing to everything I bought on XBLA. I almost want to buy Meat Boy again.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Bullio wrote:
    emp123 wrote:
    SkutSkut wrote:

Pretty sure it's everyone that has a BioWare social account. A friend of mine and I both got codes for it and we never signed up for the beta or the SWTOR website.

Ah, theyre sending invites out all over the place. Theyve handed out over 170,000 beta keys via other websites, plus everybody who is signed up on the games website, etc.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hmm.

Do I buy Aquaria now, or do I wait for the Humble Bundle? I passed on the last one because the only thing I was really interested in was Issac, and I'm kinda getting.. worn out on the Humble Bundle. I guess it's the name "humble..." they aren't anymore, IMO.

But damn, do I want a good Metroid-style game.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ParielPariel Registered User regular
    Anybody want my copy of Blocks that Matter and The Binding of Isaac from the Humble Bundle (the Steam keys for them, that is)? I really just wanted Voxatron Alpha, I have no interest in playing either of those games.

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Pariel wrote:
    Anybody want my copy of Blocks that Matter and The Binding of Isaac from the Humble Bundle (the Steam keys for them, that is)? I really just wanted Voxatron Alpha, I have no interest in playing either of those games.
    I'll take them.

Steam name is sevbot45

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Not really Steam related, but as it's a good deal and someone asked about it earlier, Avadon the Black Fortress is just 2.50 on Direct 2 Drive today. Well worth it considering the prices Spiderweb Software's games run:http://www.direct2drive.com/10858/product/Buy-Avadon:-The-Black-Fortress-Download

• Options
    Big thanks to Athenor for the gift of aquaria. Woulda said this sooner, but I fell asleep.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    What the balls. Why do I need to remember my dumb stardock account to play sins?

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I kinda want to get Bejeweled 3. That's not weird at all, right?

Looks like the Super Meat Boy has a bunch of soundtracks. I don't remember having seen any of these on Steam before, but they aren't listed as new releases.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    It's Bejeweled, son. Same basic gameplay that remained pretty unchanged for years, some new modes, and polished like a shiny... well, gem.

Still inexplicably addictive as fuck.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Is the steam store page down for anyone else? loading reaaaaaaly slowly for me at the moment.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Viking wrote:
    Is the steam store page down for anyone else? loading reaaaaaaly slowly for me at the moment.

Its loading really slowly for me too.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    thanks for the confirmation =)
    something must be wrong because they wont let me give them money. I want to buy virtual magic cards damn'it

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Drake wrote:
    Lord Jezo wrote:

Recent update added some things to it to make single player much less painful. I haven't checked them out, but the idea of what they mentioned had me wanting to go back for another shot at Single Player.

Wow, is there any info on that somewhere? I really liked the game but didn't put much time in it since it was a bit too hard for me to be enjoyable, seeing as I'm illegally retarded...

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Gents, I'm trying to pick up the Super Meat Boy anniversary bundle as I've only played Braid out of that whole pack. Problem is that because of the fundraiser I'm running (check the link in my sig if you're feeling classy!) through my PayPal account, I can't make any transactions until I can provide PayPal some formal ID.

If someone could pick it up for me, I'll be able to pay you back when I fly home next Tuesday and have my credit card in my grubby little hands :P

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I own every game in the super meat boy bundle but super meat boy. I'm sort of impressed.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote:
    I own every game in the super meat boy bundle but super meat boy. I'm sort of impressed.

Well, shit. I just checked, I own all of them... This Steam thing is getting out of hand :-P

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote:
    I know I got most if not all (games in the SMB anniversary bundle) from indie bundle sales. Perhaps you did as well?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I own them all with the exception of bit.trip runner. Which is pretty fun so I may need to get in on that.

On that note, I too wish for bejeweled. I played the hell out of the original. I should hope there is enough of the new hotness there to make a purchase a valid choice.

If not, whatever, if it has the zen/unlimited mode Ill be fine.

steam_sig.png