As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's all go post in the new STEAM thread and talk about Tom Clancy ♥

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    subedii wrote:
    Drake wrote:
    Paradox has GamersGate. Although they sell their stuff other places too. Such as Steam, obviously. So heck, why not?

Why not indeed it seems:

http://twitter.com/#!/TheWesterFront/status/137227766289534976
    Happy to see @GOGcom open to new games, looking forward to selling our games on their platform.

That's awesome news.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So Hard Reset was pretty awesome. Weirdly short though, like 5 hours and I wasn't in a hurry. I kind of expected that the boss fight was the last one, what with the waves of the heavy bots and the fact I had most upgrades I wanted, but it still ended kind of abruptly. Like they ran out of money half way or something.

Verdict: Great shooter, wait for a big sale.

The thing I liked most about Hard Reset was that it scales very well for the poor saps like myself who are still stuck with old crackerbox PCs.

The minimum requirements are a P4/Athlon 64 at 2.5GHz, 2GB of RAM, and a 512MB 8800GS/3870 for crying out loud.

Kinda nice in this new era of superbloomed shooters that basically tell you "Quad Core or GTFO".

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote:
    Yeah, I have some mods installed but theyre there mostly to pretty up the place.

Is it odd that everyone I run into outside of towns is someone Im going to kill? Like, very rarely will I run into someone who is all "hey, lets talk about trees" or something, its always "Ima fuck you up random dude strolling through the forest with full armor and a big ass sword" and then I fuck them up with my big ass sword.

Skyrim is good about letting you run into friendlies. Lots of hunters/fishers you can buy food from.

Oh I haven't run into any hunters or fisherman to buy stuff off of yet. I have run into the Khajit caravan on the road though.

ON an unrelated note, incident if you still have your Arkham Asylum code, I'd trade some things for it or just flick you some cash?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So when using the steam backup feature, does it only backup the steam folder, or when backing up a game does it also back up the saves that are saved in other folders like your documents?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote:
    Yeah, I have some mods installed but theyre there mostly to pretty up the place.

Is it odd that everyone I run into outside of towns is someone Im going to kill? Like, very rarely will I run into someone who is all "hey, lets talk about trees" or something, its always "Ima fuck you up random dude strolling through the forest with full armor and a big ass sword" and then I fuck them up with my big ass sword.

Skyrim is good about letting you run into friendlies. Lots of hunters/fishers you can buy food from.

Fuck you temptress (temptor? is there a male form of temptress?), my $60 will be staying firmly under my ass.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I saw a hunter and almost shot him in the face. Then I decided to walk up and see what he did first.

He offered me bear pelts. Or something. I dunno. I shot him anyway.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Between Sins being on Steam and Arrested Development officially getting picked up again, I'm not sure if I'm having a fever dream.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Oh, and I know everyone here is too smart to fall for it, but I recently got a message that I accepted because it came from someone in the PA Monday Night Combat group.

Was an obvious phishing attempt, but just be wary in case this guy is joining a lot of PA groups: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033093217

Corpekata on
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    emp123 wrote:
    emp123 wrote:

Fuck you temptress (temptor? is there a male form of temptress?), my $60 will be staying firmly under my ass.

Tempter is the male form of temptress, I'm guessing, since Aviator/Aviatrix, and *cough*Dominator/Dominatrix*cough*. Any male word ending in -tor is -trix when applied to a female word, so I'm guessing -ter is -tress. Steam thread = Correct grammar thread, too.

I saw a hunter and almost shot him in the face. Then I decided to walk up and see what he did first.

He offered me bear pelts. Or something. I dunno. I shot him anyway.

You evil man. I never shoot people just going about their business, I feel guilty afterwards. Didn't in Fallout 3 or Oblivion, but do in Skyrim and New Vegas. Better writing and world are the reasons, I'm guessing.

Also, thanks for the heads up @corpekata

Lord_Snot on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    So when using the steam backup feature, does it only backup the steam folder, or when backing up a game does it also back up the saves that are saved in other folders like your documents?

It only backs up the game itself, not any of the save files. I don't think it even backs up the save files if they're located in the game folder.

• Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Anybody else pick up Anno 2070?

• Options
    Xaviar wrote:

Not at that price. After how they dropped support for the previous one on steam, Ill stand over this way and eye it warily for a few months.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    I used to really love the series, but I don't buy Ubisoft games anymore. How'd it turn out?

• Options
    Not bad so far. Basically the same game but in the future, though you build up different factions on the same island, which puts space at a bit of a premium. There's a weird meta-game thing thought with voting in the senate and council against other players for different in-game bonuses..

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    With Skyrim and Batman AC on Tuesday and then the Thanksgiving sale, I am not sure I will ever have free time again!

• Options
    WiddershinzWiddershinz Registered User regular
    So Hard Reset was pretty awesome. Weirdly short though, like 5 hours and I wasn't in a hurry. I kind of expected that the boss fight was the last one, what with the waves of the heavy bots and the fact I had most upgrades I wanted, but it still ended kind of abruptly. Like they ran out of money half way or something.

Verdict: Great shooter, wait for a big sale.

The thing I liked most about Hard Reset was that it scales very well for the poor saps like myself who are still stuck with old crackerbox PCs.

The minimum requirements are a P4/Athlon 64 at 2.5GHz, 2GB of RAM, and a 512MB 8800GS/3870 for crying out loud.

Kinda nice in this new era of superbloomed shooters that basically tell you "Quad Core or GTFO".

Well that is good to hear. I ran it on maximum shinies, but not sure it made all that much difference really. The atmosphere was very dark, which I find makes it hard to see the quality of the graphics.

Steam ID widdershinsaus
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So...aquaria.

I absolutely loathe the first real boss of the game. To the point where I cant keep playing tonight or I'll end up putting my foot through the monitor. At least I figured out WHAT to do. Now just to perfect it, because I'm pretty much dead if I get hit once.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    Do you have any recipes to boost your defense? The healing and stat boost items are very handy in Aquaria.

• Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Xaviar wrote:

As sweet as it looks, but TAGES DRM with a 3-machine activation limit is just too much bullshit for me to tolerate. (Same with 1404)

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I awoke this morning to a vision of our doom.

Automatic ordering on Steam based on your price thresholds.

It's probably tied to your wishlist (which all of you should be updating in advance of the coming sale). I put Rage on my wishlist, say, and then place a six month order to buy it automatically at $15. Then, if the game hits that price during the time period Steam buys it for if I have enough in my Steam wallet to cover the cost I set.

You'd want to have an expiration date on every order, and (please God) you'd only want it to draw from Steam wallet funds to avoid going crazy with orders and getting hit with $50 unexpectedly on a credit card from exuberance earlier in the year.

Doing this would allow for crazy things like 30 second sales which would reward people for using their wishlists and the auto order system. Given how much we know Steam is using us as (willing) economic and price model guinea pigs, this would provide a whole new data set to work with. And, most importantly, it would hasten our demise in the service of the Newell.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Well that would actually be awesome for me, iolo. So many times I've seen great deals but I've been unable to jump on them because I'm away at work for weeks at a time. If I could tell steam to autobuy a game for me if it hit a set price it'd be great!

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Gaslight wrote:

Ha, we're all doomed. Doomed I say!

Is anyone using it?

EDIT: Double Ha! (It's too early in the morning where I am to expect me to grasp any form of subtlety, including but not limited to clicking on nested links.) Also, "Steam Pilot" is a much better name.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I'd be amazed if anybody is.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote:
    Gaslight wrote:

Ha, we're all doomed. Doomed I say!

Is anyone using it?

EDIT: Double Ha! (It's too early in the morning where I am to expect me to grasp any form of subtlety, including but not limited to clicking on nested links.) Also, "Steam Pilot" is a much better name.

Oh sweet jesus this is far too dangerous for me to know about.

• Options
    I read the link, but wasn't going to comment on it until at least a couple more people got sucked in :p

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Just Cause 2 on sale on Gamers gate this weekend, I guess?

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=justcauseweekend

If you don't have it, you should correct that!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Man, SR3 goes from great to amazing when you use the zombie voice.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    I cant even get out of the first room in Magicka. I got the green life spell, keep pushing the middle mouse button, it does a little cast thing of a green swirly around me, but the barrier wont go down and the game just tells me I need to cast the spell again.

I dont think this is for me.

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:

I'd definitely use such a feature if it existed.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    Not sure where to ask, so I'll try here:

Got Lara Croft: Guardian of Light and played through it co-op. Best fucking value for money I've ever seen, I think. Amazing graphics, absolutely awesome gameplay and super fun puzzles and unlockables.

Then bough the first DLC (Challenge Pack 1). Zero unlockables. Zero content. Zero fun. What the flying fuck?

Is the rest of them as shit as the first?

How the fuck do they expect people to pay for DLC after they raped you up the ass with the first one like that? I mean, if you could have unlocked a Lara Croft S&M latex outfit, I would have understood, but there literally was nothing beyond 4 small bare-bones levels. Just reinforced my view of FUCK DLC (it was the first I've ever bought as well... god damnit).

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Tertiee wrote:
    Do you have any recipes to boost your defense? The healing and stat boost items are very handy in Aquaria.
    Recipes, yes. Ingredients, no.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    The Guardian of Light DLC levels aren't great, but I liked them and thought they were different enough from the base game to be worth it.

Also, I don't quite get how a number of levels equals zero content. Since when are levels not content?

• Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Xaviar wrote:

There's a demo, though it's not on Steam. Just FYI.

• Options
    Oh no. I totally bought it. Just looking for people to add to the metagame contacts thingy.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Hydrophobia: Prophecy is the daily deal, anyone played it? is it worth playing?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I found it very unimpressive.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    After what happened to my copy of Dawn of Discovery, I refuse to touch the Anno series.

Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Has anyone played Jurassic Park yet? What do you think? How does it play?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    In case you classy gents haven't noticed you can pre-purchase Trine 2 and get some hats all up ins. Also, how long has Gatling Gears been on Steam? I thought it was Origin exclusive.

EDIT: Since I got totp I'll just leave the link to the 2012 game of the year right here.

lostprophet on
    Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.