As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] - It's a brand new jungle out there! Oh and some kind of bear thing.

• Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Klyka wrote:
    Bethryn wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    yeah, probably!

Like,I play Shyvana, someone else does too. I run into one guy, he completely fucking flattens me and loses like, 1/4 of his health eventhough I use everything I have at my disposal.
    Other Shyvana runs around killing two guys at the same time while barely losing any health.
    I just don't get it.
    Option 1) Your build and level.
    Option 2) The builds and levels of the people attacking the Shyvana's in question. It's quite possible the guy you tried to 1v1 was their most farmed character, and the 2 dudes the enemy Shyvana faced were your team's two worst farmed characters.

Obviously I don't know the specifics, but it's usually something like that.

I think I just lack the required amount of hate for every living being that is required to play LoL efficiently. Maybe I should write some more curses in chat or call someone the N-word a few times.

That never worked for fizban!

Lost on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    Bethryn wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    yeah, probably!

Like,I play Shyvana, someone else does too. I run into one guy, he completely fucking flattens me and loses like, 1/4 of his health eventhough I use everything I have at my disposal.
    Other Shyvana runs around killing two guys at the same time while barely losing any health.
    I just don't get it.
    Option 1) Your build and level.
    Option 2) The builds and levels of the people attacking the Shyvana's in question. It's quite possible the guy you tried to 1v1 was their most farmed character, and the 2 dudes the enemy Shyvana faced were your team's two worst farmed characters.

Obviously I don't know the specifics, but it's usually something like that.

I think I just lack the required amount of hate for every living being that is required to play LoL efficiently. Maybe I should write some more curses in chat or call someone the N-word a few times.
    Love Only Yourself

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote:
    ChaosHat wrote:
    Spectrum wrote:
    ChaosHat wrote:
    To be fair, I never ended up not level 4. I mean maybe I did and I didn't pay attention but I'm pretty sure.
    It's only double wraiths (usually opening at wraiths) that does it. Double wolves is fine.

Double wraiths worked for me but I never opened at them. That seems like the worst place to open.
    Start at enemy wraiths, initial smite to kill, finish off the three. Do blue without Smite, wolves, wraiths, smite is back up for red, minis. Did not get to 4.

Okay this actually makes a million times more sense. Full clear + any camp to level 1 assumes that you're facing a respawning camp instead of two initial spawn camps, so the camp that you're "redoing" but not actually redoing won't have the exp necessary to pull it off. If you're going to steal I'd say just take the blue wraith (no smite) then take their big golem (with smite) and then clear normally.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Volibear sounds like a pokemon.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so i just bought lux.

had fun. probably should have read a guide or something prior to going into solo queue.

but i had the fewest dies and most assist so i'm happy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Lux OP. I don't know why I play anyone else.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    it was seriously pretty damn fun.

hitting dem binds

my team all goin "noice!" after they get a kill

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The minicamp buff just being a heal is sooooooo boring. If they want to reduce passivity in lanes they should make minigolems and wolves grant a buff that lets you see (and kill wards) that lasts either one minute or until you are attacked by or attack a champion.

• Options
    ChaosHat wrote:
    The minicamp buff just being a heal is sooooooo boring. If they want to reduce passivity in lanes they should make minigolems and wolves grant a buff that lets you see (and kill wards) that lasts either one minute or until you are attacked by or attack a champion.

ehhh

well i like your avatar and sig.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wolves should get a buff that's a mini version of Warwick's bloodhowl

'cause they're wolves, see?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Played my first game as Fizz. Holy shit seastone trident is probably op.

I've got 500ap and lichbane, dealing over 1000dmg in a single attack.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    does anybody have the numbers on volibears skills

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    (Active): Volibear gains 45% movement speed while moving toward enemy champions. Lasts 4 seconds. Volibear's next attack deals additional physical damage and flings the target behind him.
    Cost: 40 mana
    Cooldown: 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 seconds

Physical damage: 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 / 125

Frenzy (Passive): Volibear gains attack speed with each attack. Stacks up to 3 times.

(Active): When Volibear has 3 stacks of Frenzy, he can bite an enemy to deal physical damage, increased by 1% for each 1% health the target is missing. The stacks are not consumed.
    Cost: 40 mana
    Cooldown: 18 seconds
    Passive attack speed: 8 / 11 / 14 / 17 / 20 %

Physical damage: 90 / 140 / 190 / 240 / 290 (+20% of bonus health)

Majestic Roar (Active): Volibear lets out a powerful roar that damages and slows enemies for 3 seconds. Minions and monsters are feared as well.
    Cooldown: 11 seconds
    Cost: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana

Magic damage: 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 (+0.6 per ability power)

Slow: 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50 %

Thunder Claws (Active): Volibear channels the power of the storm causing his attacks to blast his targets with lightning, bouncing to up to 4 nearby enemies. A single lightning can only hit a target once. Lasts 12 seconds.
    Cost: 100 mana
    Cooldown: 100 / 90 / 80 seconds

Magic damage: 75 / 115 / 155 (+0.3 per ability power)

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    ^that works too
    does anybody have the numbers on volibears skills

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Volibear_the_Thunder's_Roar

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    ChaosHat wrote:

ehhh

well i like your avatar and sig.

You can't tell me heal isn't soooo boring. At least make the other buffs awesome. "The next creep you kill will give 50% more gold to you" or "You found a rock on the ground! You can throw it at an enemy to do 50 damage!"

Then you just collect all the golem rocks over the course of the game, then you just destroy someone by throwing five rocks to their dome.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    sweet somebody put them up literally in the last 10 mins

cheers br0s

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote:

Fed fizz with a lich bane is so dumb to fight. Pop your W and give your Q a 2.4 AP ratio... okie dokie.

I guess it's not even really fighting, you just have a chance of randomly getting killed any time he's up.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    so am i dumb if I built Volibear just like singed

Get boots3, RoA, FoN, and other +health/armor stuff as necessary

• Options
    so as a test case, volibear with 2 warmogs, hp/l yellows and 9 point def hp shit (also 21 offense) will be doing 900 (902 but whos counting) damage base with w

if used on somebody with 39% hp it would do

1.61 x 902 x 1.06x1.015 (assuming those things stack multiplicatively, which they probs do but marginal either way)

=1562 damage base

with a 12 sec cd at best

hmm

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    You're dumb if you build boots 3 on singed, yes.

• Options
    Carnarvon wrote:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

perhaps you do not know the joy that is rocket singed where you just build movespeed and take ghost and run around the map going ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

• Options
    another test case: volibear with 2.5 attack speed would be applying his ap 8 x0.3 over 3 seconds, 2.4 ap ratio --> 3.0 if you count roar

not bad

not practical though

gunblade probably good investment if fed

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    all offense masteries

all the time

m i lolling rite

• Options
    edited November 2011
    as an amusing hypothetical, volibear with 5 warmogs and the setup before would be doing 1724 base damage

about 2600 to somebody with 50% hp

how kinktacular
    all offense masteries

all the time

m i lolling rite

y

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I like how in the video phreak or whatever was like "I build him 0/21/9" and yet one of his abilities does more damage the less health the enemy has

which coincidentally synchronizes great with the final mastery in offense

• Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    Carnarvon wrote:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

perhaps you do not know the joy that is rocket singed where you just build movespeed and take ghost and run around the map going ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

MS quints.
    He is wrong though. It's dumb to build boots3 on anybody, not just Singed.

• Options
    redxxiiredxxii Persona Non Grata Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote:
    Rami wrote:

Fed fizz with a lich bane is so dumb to fight. Pop your W and give your Q a 2.4 AP ratio... okie dokie.

I guess it's not even really fighting, you just have a chance of randomly getting killed any time he's up.

Fighting a late-game Fizz is pretty miserable in general and impossible if he's been fed. I was really hoping the last patch would have nerfed him a bit, not buffed him.

Fizz is free this week... probably not going to be playing a whole lot.

LoL: Handweasel
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Guys new jungle makes me want to play eve again is this a good idea c/d

• Options
    zeeny wrote:
    Arch wrote:
    Carnarvon wrote:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MS quints.
    He is wrong though. It's dumb to build boots3 on anybody, not just Singed.
    IIRC Garen can get away with it, depending on comp.

Olaf is a maybe as well.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    what items do you dudes use on lux? i feel like rushing rabadons isn't exactly a good idea but idk what to do ._.

am i even supposed to spec her all AP style?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    I like how in the video phreak or whatever was like "I build him 0/21/9" and yet one of his abilities does more damage the less health the enemy has

which coincidentally synchronizes great with the final mastery in offense

On the other hand the flat health and +10% health work pretty great with him too. Building tank spec on champions that deal good base damage is generally a good idea.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    what items do you dudes use on lux? i feel like rushing rabadons isn't exactly a good idea but idk what to do ._.

Max that CDR. Seriously, 24 second lasers are great.

Then I go generic mage. Morello's Evil Tome is great on her.

In other news, solo top garen is fucking terrifying. Just saw one go 12-2-17 in a game.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    garen sona bot is a crappy lane too. it doesn't matter where garen is as long as he gets farm and builds the right items. he is naturally tanky and does a lot of damage. high sustain tanky deeps yo.

metagolem garen real terror.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited November 2011

Ionian boots, Morellos Tome(OR DFG if you prefer) Deathcap, Maybe Abyssal Specter if you need it or Voidstaff for funsies.

Honestly once you are at 40% CDR and have Deathcap the rest is situational. Fire dem Lasers all day. Also don't listen to the Lux haters in here she is still awesome and fun to play even if she isn't seen in tournaments (hint: LOTS of perfectly good champs aren't seen in tournaments, and it is silly to try and use that as some sort of measurement of a champ.)

Key thing on lux (and something lots of people forget) is to make sure you are auto attacking between your abilities. You have plenty of time to do so and it increases your damage output to ridiculous levels. Bind them and toss Light bomb. Auto attack, detonate bomb, auto attack.

If your ult is up you can bind them, toss bomb, fire ult, auto attack, detonate bomb and auto attack. The ult automatically triggers the passives already in place and reapplies them.

*edit* Oh! and RoA ages is fine on her as well. I love it when people underestimate how squishy she is. You can go more glass cannon if you want but I like the RoA personally.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    so direct damage spells apply red buff now

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So the new spawn timers are nice.

Wolves respawn in 1 minute
    Golems respawn in 1 minute
    Wraiths respawn in 40 seconds

And the rest is unchanged.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Guys.

Single target spells now proc the red buff.

edit GOD DAMN YOU FUCK

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Urgot with red buff ahahahahahahahaahah AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    IDK, its kind of nice both buffs have something to appeal to casters now instead of just blue. After all, blue offers something to almost everyone.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    What do you use for runes on lux, Delphinidaes?

I haven't played lux in a while, but I remember constantly running out of mana. From the looks of it, I think I also had a lichbane in there for the autoattacks and extra ms.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
This discussion has been closed.