As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skyward: Mastersword Details Disclosed: KILL ALL DEMONS

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    Campion wrote:
    Just flap your wings. Move the controller up, move it down. You don't even need to do it very quickly.

Oh, god dammit.

You actually do you need to move fairly quickly.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, tried using the Wii MotionPlus attachment instead of the Wii Remote Plus on someone's recommendation, and it does seem more responsive that way...
    what is the exchange rate of dollars to rupees though is the question

Funny you should ask that; the recent Zelda anniversary issue of Game Informer had a currency conversion piece on the last page. Banana Coins, Bottle Caps, Pokemon Dollars, Minerals, and... Rupees.

Here's what it says for the latter:
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Lon Lon Milk = 10 Rupees

Real Cow Milk = $1.12

Magic Conversion: $1 = $8.93 Rupees

A McDonald's Happy Meal would cost over 28 Rupees.

You can find the rest here.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    how are the items in this one, speed

are there a lot of bad ones that never get used outside of their dungeon

not at all and it's one of my favorite things about it

every item has multiple uses and with a few exceptions there aren't any "this is a dolled-up switch that can only be activated by this one item!" type things

The item I just picked up seems like it might be a little specific, but I haven't had a chance to go exploring anything but the temple it came from yet.

I wish there were more uses for The Spinner in TP. I loved that thing so much.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote:
    So what do I need to do if I can't find the bundle anywhere

I am not hip to this whole Motion Plus magic, the last Wii game I played was Mario Galaxy 2, and the last one before that was Mario Galaxy
    hey vicio you should probably mark what point in the game your spoiler is from! I clicked it because I thought I was ahead of everyone else in the thread and whoops!

I'm not a huge stickler for spoilers and it's not exactly a huge spoiler anyway, just something for future reference

Yeah sorry, but I couldn't really think of a way to specify the boss without spoiling anything else :\

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote:
    Mr. G wrote:
    So what do I need to do if I can't find the bundle anywhere

I am not hip to this whole Motion Plus magic, the last Wii game I played was Mario Galaxy 2, and the last one before that was Mario Galaxy
    hey vicio you should probably mark what point in the game your spoiler is from! I clicked it because I thought I was ahead of everyone else in the thread and whoops!

I'm not a huge stickler for spoilers and it's not exactly a huge spoiler anyway, just something for future reference

Yeah sorry, but I couldn't really think of a way to specify the boss without spoiling anything else :\

I would have just had the post how you had it but put "fifth dungeon boss spoilers" in front of the spoiler

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Done and done. I never counted the dungeons ;)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    So, tried using the Wii MotionPlus attachment instead of the Wii Remote Plus on someone's recommendation, and it does seem more responsive that way...

Really? I thought it was just me, I played up to the beginning of the second dungeon yesterday and felt like the wii remote plus that comes with the game is hells of being inaccurate. For example, the bobokin - holding his sword in the upper left. I slash from bottom right upwards, and in game Link swings across from the right and gets dodged. Also the aiming with the beetle and slingshot seemed to constantly need to be re-centered, and the aiming itself slow and sluggish. All of the above was making playing it very frustrating.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    a note: while the wii motion plus does not need to see the sensor bar in order to function, giving it a clear view will vastly improve accuracy

• Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    So I've made it up to just after the fourth dungeon
    These new tears of light tests are so dang stressful. Whenever I accidentally step in water and everything goes red and loud with the close up on the guardians it is terrifying.

digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Naphtali wrote:

Really? I thought it was just me, I played up to the beginning of the second dungeon yesterday and felt like the wii remote plus that comes with the game is hells of being inaccurate. For example, the bobokin - holding his sword in the upper left. I slash from bottom right upwards, and in game Link swings across from the right and gets dodged. Also the aiming with the beetle and slingshot seemed to constantly need to be re-centered, and the aiming itself slow and sluggish. All of the above was making playing it very frustrating.

Hmm, interesting. I wonder if it's Wii Remote Pluses, or just the ones which come with the game...

The only problem I've had with using the attachment is needing to re-center the pointer a little more frequently...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote:
    a note: while the wii motion plus does not need to see the sensor bar in order to function, giving it a clear view will vastly improve accuracy

I made sure that it has a clear view, but I still get accuracy loss over time. I'm gonna try playing with one of my old wiimotes and the motion plus attachment next time.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I got this game a couple days ago and have been playing through it with a friend of mine and we suddenly ran into a pretty big problem (5th song spoilers)
    We beat Levias and started on the Hero's Song stuff, got the song parts from both the thunder and fire dragons, but we can't get the third Imprisoned fight to trigger no matter what we do, which means we can't advance at all to collect the third part of the song. After checking a bunch of walkthroughs and otherwise scouring Google we can't find anything we missed doing barring that one Goron standing around behind the temple wanting us to draw an arrow on the goddess wall

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    There's a good chance these questions will be answered as I keep playing the game but I'll ask them anyway. I just entered the 2nd dungeon so the only items I have are:
    sailcloth, slingshot, beetle, and digging claws

I have seen a few targets scratched into trees and whatnot. I'm not sure if they are just alerting me to something that I can hit nearby, or if I'm supposed to hit the targets themselves. Hitting them with the slingshot doesn't seem to do anything, but I don't have a bow yet. Also, what is the deal with certain trees that have reddish glowing spots on them?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I think the targets you're talking about are
    Clawshot points

I haven't seen the red glowy things though

• Options
    Yes you have. The thin trees sometimes have like red bands of... redness on them. Spots was the wrong word for me to use. It seems meaningful.

• Options
    I honestly have no idea what you're talking about

• Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote:
    Yes you have. The thin trees sometimes have like red bands of... redness on them. Spots was the wrong word for me to use. It seems meaningful.

I think they drop rupees if you cut the glowy part

digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    Okay. Thanks for your help.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    This game is starting to feel more like work and less like a fun adventure.

Because Fuck Tadtones. Fuck them hard!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    haven't gotten to play this much the past few days :<

what little I have played has been devoted entirely to that fucking pumpkin-shooting game. Goddammit Fledge learn to throw straight!!!

the worst part is I am going to nail a perfect score and find out that the only prize you get is a blue feather or some shit

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    speed, have you played the DS games

is the treasure in this similar to that

• Options
    I've played the DS games but don't really remember the treasure stuff

it's really more or less like Wind Waker's treasure system

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2011
    oh, cool

so you don't have to grind a lot of mini games for treasure?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    oh, cool

so you don't have to grind a lot of mini games for treasure?

no you get everything you need from fighting enemies and exploring the environment

some minigames also give you treasure though, and usually the rarity of the treasure scales to how well you did

• Options
    edited November 2011
    fifth song spoilers
    Whyyy does nintendo keep putting stealth sections in zelda? :<

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    The fact that you are mentioning a fifth song is making me a very happy camper

I figured I was gonna get the three flames then do the end dungeon but evidently I have a bit more to go!

• Options
    Speed, you know how groose is the best character in the game so far?

he gets even better

digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    I was hoping he would!

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Just entered the sixth dungeon and immediately saved last night. Will hopefully beat it tonight.

This game is insane.
    What's better than robots in Zelda? Robots with unrequited crushes in Zelda.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Reigner wrote:

This was easily the worst part of the game. It was so, so awful I want to stab the designer who came up with the idea, and his boss who okay'ed it.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I went over a friend's house and played some Zelda.
    I went to a Temple where I solved puzzles by HITTING TIME CRYSTALS to fight PAST ROBOTS while in the current day used a MAGIC VASE to clean sand. It concluded with fighting a Giant Scorpion.

I forgot how much I love Zelda.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Reigner wrote:

This was easily the worst part of the game. It was so, so awful I want to stab the designer who came up with the idea, and his boss who okay'ed it.

I mean, let's take a scavanger hunt, throw it underwater, and if you dont get every item in the set within a time limit you have to swim back and redo it. Then 2/3rds of the way through have someone remind you how you can do that dowsing thing that they've been litterally shoving down your throat since the beginning of the game. I was loving the game up until this and

post 6th dungeon spoiler
    Fighting the Imprisonned for yet a third time

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    I've only just reached the second dungeon and I've already had two "where did all the time go" play sessions with the game.

I really enjoy it.

• Options
    NeoToma wrote:
    I went over a friend's house and played some Zelda.
    I went to a Temple where I solved puzzles by HITTING TIME CRYSTALS to fight PAST ROBOTS while in the current day used a MAGIC VASE to clean sand. It concluded with fighting a Giant Scorpion.

I forgot how much I love Zelda.

I mentioned it before but when you run into past bokoblins the best method for fighting them by far is
    throw a bomb at them, they'll instinctively run from it and leave the safe zone around the time crystal, instantly decaying into dust and bones

• Options
    edited November 2011
    That's how I got my beetle upgraded.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Reigner wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Reigner wrote:

I mean, let's take a scavanger hunt, throw it underwater, and if you dont get every item in the set within a time limit you have to swim back and redo it. Then 2/3rds of the way through have someone remind you how you can do that dowsing thing that they've been litterally shoving down your throat since the beginning of the game. I was loving the game up until this and

post 6th dungeon spoiler
    Fighting the Imprisonned for yet a third time

Tadtones were annoying, but they really weren't that bad. You could use the map to be sure you weren't looking in the same places over and over again.

Spoiler-related spoiler:
    The third imprisoned fight is the best, though. The second was a pain until I figured out that I could use the Groosenator even when the imprisoned wasn't climbing. But if you hit him when he's trying to fly, he'll go ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM, which makes the fight almost trivial, aside from the fact that your Uber-Master Sword can smash his toes with a single spin attack at that point.

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    more like neoSLOWma

• Options
    NeoToma wrote:

holy shit

also just beat the 6th dungeon yayyyy

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Me too! And the plot finally started moving forward!

Some of my theories were confirmed, others shot down:

POST-SIXTH DUNGEON STORY SPOILERS
    I was so sure that everyone would have egg on their face when they found out the goddess they were praying to was actually three different goddesses. The language was obscure enough that I thought that could work. But nope, there's a different godess, and her name threw me for a loop.

I assumed that the old Sheikah lady was a time-traveled Impa, and that's pretty obvious now.

I thought there'd be a whole dungeon behind that door in the Sealed Temple. Instead, there's only a cutscene.

And I thought the whole "growing in spirit" thing was to make me able to get the whole Triforce, especially after the second flame, when I realized I didn't actually have the Triforce of Courage, but the mark was to symbolize the trait I had earned/proven. Pretty neat to have that confirmed. Never beat Link to the Past, so I've never had the whole Triforce before.

Jimothy on