As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Castle Phalla (IX): Fifth Night - ******* *******

• Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    A man tries to bring a bit of storyline into play, with maybe some good interactive consequences, and look what he gets. (fucking ignored)(and I thought it was quite funny)

Johannen on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Rygar wrote: »
    You know exactly why I voted for you.

Go ahead, everyone vote for me. See what doesn't happen.

This... umm... is sort of a good point. If he's a wraith, it's possible he's more or less invulnerable.

Which would be pretty damned interesting.

That said, if he is invulnerable, and if we have a high likelihood of staking a noble, in general, then trying to stake an immortal may save a life.

So, Rygar. Are you saying that you're invincible? Because if you are, that's a damned good reason to vote for you.

I have not a clue what you are talking about. But surely there would be no side effects for voting for a little old noble such as me.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    You know exactly why I voted for you.

Go ahead, everyone vote for me. See what doesn't happen.
    So, Rygar. Are you saying that you're invincible? Because if you are, that's a damned good reason to vote for you.
    I !unretract my vote for Rygar.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Johannen wrote: »
    A man tries to bring a bit of storyline into play, with maybe some good interactive consequences, and look what he gets. (fucking ignored)(and I thought it was quite funny)

Sorry, we're too busy standing with our metaphorical jaws dropped while Rygar abuses the Wraith role.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Can the defender defend himself? Maybe that's what Rygar is.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I retract my vote for TehSpectre and vote for VishNub.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2007
    Man... what?

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Aroduc wrote: »
    Man... what?
    Something strange is going on.

*Puts on his detective's cap*

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "Well that's shocking... from your faces I can tell that the lord and his maids were killed last night!! Well i'll be dammed!"

*Blows nose in Choco's vest* "There's a good chap, sorry about the vomiting last night, I had one to many appletinis."

"Well what seems to be going on here then? Why's Rygar changing his mind like a leper changes clothes sizes? We're voting on who the killer is aye?! Well then, only a dabbler in the arts of mind changing could be deviant enough to commit such a vile act"

"I'm sorry but.... I !Vote for Rygar"

(I'm going to continue like this just because it feels more fun)

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Johannen wrote: »
    "Well that's shocking... from your faces I can tell that the lord and his maids were killed last night!! Well i'll be dammed!"

*Blows nose in Choco's vest* "There's a good chap, sorry about the vomiting last night, I had one to many appletinis."

"Well what seems to be going on here then? Why's Rygar changing his mind like a leper changes clothes sizes? We're voting on who the killer is aye?! Well then, only a dabbler in the arts of mind changing could be deviant enough to commit such a vile act"

"I'm sorry but.... I !Vote for Rygar"

(I'm going to continue like this just because it feels more fun)

"I am not an assassin, which doesn't mean I can't be just as deadly as one," speaks Rygar, baring his teeth. Then shifting nervously, "That doesn't mean I have special powers though, does it?"

"Perhaps you should reconsider?"

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I !retract my vote for Rygar yet again.

Seems he was a little confused. I don't know what's going on now, but if anyone wants to get in contact with me and work on a network, I have ways of proving I am who I say I am.

I don't know who I should vote for just yet after this lil fiasco...

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    I'm going to retract my vote for Casual Eddy and vote for Rygar until and unless he gives me a reason not to. Because he's certainly implying that voting for him won't have an effect.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    BunyipBunyip Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't think it's a good idea to vote for Rygar unless he wants us to, at least the first night... If he's not a noble or assassin he's either a wraith or a special, all of which could be a benefit to the good guys. Unfortunately, I think the assassins are highly likely to kill him the first night anyway.

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    Lord Cecil EaglelaserLord Cecil Eaglelaser Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Could Rygar please elaborate on what will happen if we vote for him, because as of now I don't see why we shouldn't vote for him.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    I...

Even more applicable than it was a couple of hours ago.

What the hell is going on in this here Phalla game?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Could Rygar please elaborate on what will happen if we vote for him, because as of now I don't see why we shouldn't vote for him.

Don't vote for me, vote for VishNub.

I never said I was a wraith. But I am confident that the assassins will not kill me tonight, I have friends who will stop that. That doesnt mean I couldn't die from other ways.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Who shot who in the what now?

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "hmm, Rygar changes his mind like a filthy vagabond, but speaks with the tongue of a true charmer... My mind is ill at ease people."

"For now I !Retract my vote for rygar. But be warned boy, you are on thin ice with all your... mollycoddling."

"Someone bring me that stable boy I vomited on, I need to whipe my shoe!"

Johannen on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2007
    Ms Scarlet.

Observatory.

With the candlestick.

:winky:

Aroduc on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I retract my vote for TehSpectre and vote for Vishnub.

I think we an afford to trust Rygar for one night.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote: »

Colonel Custard.

I am getting way to many PMs now, and I gonna have to start to lie to people to keep my self alive. I have made my vote, and that is my intention. No more posting from me.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "The poor boy is just confused and upset about last night's.....incident. He knows not what he does, or its consequences." -Spectre says, nodding to Johan then eyes Rygar as the man asks to speak with him in private. Quiet words were spoken until the voices became raised enough to hear in the main hall-

mumblechatlalalmumble"Why would you think...?"mumblecough"At this point you couldn't...."mumblemumblegrowl"I will not be bullied into anything. Good day sir!"

-Spectre is seen storming out of the adjacent room back into the main sanctuary before regaining his composure-

"I would just like to make one thing clear; I was here of my own accord having been invited to last night's dinner. I do not wish to be here any longer, or argue with people over who did what. I just wish to get back to my home in peace."

-After having spoken his piece, he retreats to a bar in the corner to drown his worries in brandy-

(How's that for a post. I am such a nerd. Thanks a bunch Johan.)

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote: »

Colonel Custard.

I am getting way to many PMs now, and I gonna have to start to lie to people to keep my self alive. I have made my vote, and that is my intention. No more posting from me.

I don't know about you, but I always find that people believe me more readily when I don't broadcast that I could possibly be lying.

YRMV though...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm not even reading the posts with roleplaying. It's just too painful.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Is it weird that my reaction to finding the thread has apparently shit itself is "Thank god I finally have something to work with, this was boring as hell"?

Rygar, since I assume this is a question everyone wants to know, do you have some kind of reasoning behind your votes? If so, it would be in your interest to publicly say so and publicly ask for the guardian to protect you tonight. If there's something to what you're saying great, if not we'll kill you tomorrow and see what we can learn.

As for now, I'm holding off on my vote to see what shakes out. One way or the other, I want to find out more about Rygar's craziness (it doesn't help he seems REALLY new to this and unsure of what he's doing), whether that means votign with him or for him.

werehippy on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Seriously, I have no idea what's going on. Reading the thread has not clarified matters. The only thing I've figured out so far is that Rygar seems to be hilariously bad at whatever role he has.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I !vote TehSpectre due to his severe deficiency when it comes to formatting his roleplaying.

This will likely be my final vote tonight, since I have conflicts later.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    a bit of roleplay to spice things up (not a :winky: type of roleplay)

"Hmm spectre's off to get shitfaced... that bar looks mighty fine if you ask me."

*Johannen picks a maid up over his shoulder and hoists her over to the bar with him.*

"A bottle of your strongest wine barman, i'm going to get as drunk as possible so that I don't care about the chlamidya this young wench is probably going to give me."

"The rest of you, if your done with your eyerolling and ass slapping get over here, have a sit down, and we'll discuss this like nobles."

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I !vote TehSpectre due to his severe deficiency when it comes to formatting his roleplaying.

This will likely be my final vote tonight, since I have conflicts later.

I thought it looked decent enough. Meh.

-Edit: Also, at least I wont be doing the whole "Verily it is-eth crazyeh thatist hast happenedeh" like Eddy. >.>-

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Johannen, you're next.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    I'm not even reading the posts with roleplaying. It's just too painful.

Don't knock it till you've tried it baby.
    Johannen, you're next.

:D lol

Johannen on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I did try reading it. It was too painful.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If Rygar is the wraith and cannot be killed by a standard vote maybe we need one of the artifacts.

Anyway this is a mess but Rygar is the one acting most suspicious: I !vote Rygar.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    What I wouldn't give to be a vigilante about now.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    o.k i'll stop now. Lol, sorry I was just bored there for a minute, what with this whole Rygar debacle going on.

Also, the loss of my Optimus Prime avatar has made me edgy.

Johannen on
  • Options
    Lord Cecil EaglelaserLord Cecil Eaglelaser Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I !retract my vote for Mtvcdm

I !vote for Rygar

Because until he gives me good reason not to us feel we should vote for him.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Don't vigilante me, I swear I'll stop. Johannen instigated!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    BunyipBunyip Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I think Rygar is the vigilante, and I think he's doomed.

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Mtvcdm was awful quick to try and point out who everyone was thus taking away any thoughts as to what he is due to people to busy thinking over the people and the positions he had put them in. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a special/assassin.

Johannen on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    I have no inclination to listen to Rygar. He's given us no reason to trust anything he says. He could be a wraith trying to help us by pointing to Vishnub, who is an assassin. He could be a wraith trying to fuck us by pointing to Vishnub, a seer. He could be an assassin playing a strange game, he could be nobody of import trying to puff himself up into something more important than he is. Fuck if I know.

But the only tool we have to poke shit with here is the vote, and for now, since Rygar is at least as likely to be a bane as a boon, I'm still incline to poke him with our tool and see what happens.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.