As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    ultimakay wrote: »
    Test server is back up!

And down again.

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Test server is back up!

And down again.

Perfect timing, the test server will be staying down and the destruction has come to an end!

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    ChokeOnGlitterChokeOnGlitter Amazing San DiegoRegistered User regular
    O.O I'm so excited! :O Can't wait. :)

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Test server is back up!

And down again.

Perfect timing, the test server will be staying down and the destruction has come to an end!

Thanks for letting us play around on there, that was super fun! I made a giant blinking HELLLO sign at the end, redstone lamps are awesome.

• Options
    mohnsolomohnsolo Registered User regular
    Anyone else getting a "Too many cats" error?

?

!

6CIpp.jpg
  • Options
    I WISH...I don't know when we can log in!

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    So I can update Minecraft to the latest version now, yeah?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    So I can update Minecraft to the latest version now, yeah?

Yes, when we open the server back up we will be on 1.2.4

Still can't give a definite time the server will be up, we are doing some plugin testing to try to minimize the risk of something breaking after we open the server up.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    m6dO9.png

Just checking out skylands, whats that little floating thing?

SDp0q.png

Oh, uh oh wow that is real weird, I wonder who made that?

8kI3u.png

Oh, that totally explains it.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    We all love stiffys twixxo.....we all love them.

• Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sitting here giggling over the thought of twixxo flipping that switch, at work.

*beep beep beep* Trauma code in emergency.

A diamond to whoever can guess what terrible accident I'm about to go witness.

Clearly stiffy is a bad omen

Haleskarth on
  • Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    @ultimakay NOOB PATCHER

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    Not pictured: stream of rose petals erupting from said stiffy.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Firematic. wrote: »
    Not pictured: stream of rose petals erupting from said stiffy.

it's a metaphor!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Alright, we're updated!

ohgodpleasedon'tbreakthings

Also, expect instability in the future, keep important stuff in chests so you don't lose it by accident, yadda yadda yadda

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    It was a gun shot D:
    Happy serve up-day-te

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

The jungle expeditions will FINALLY be taking place! We'll be meeting up at the Ispawnbul Harbor, the twin ships Traveler and Wanderer to travel to our designated explorational regions. This will be taking place either later afternoon (EST) or evening, depending on what people yell at me most. Final determination will be made tomorrow.

PLEASE do not go into the two regions I already marked off. Other areas, fine. Go do a circumnavigation of Iceland* or something. Nuka said no exploration yet, so that's that for tomorrow. Please wait two stinking days before going off on your own into unexplored territory.

Mayabird on
  • Options
    OKAY RED TEXT AGAIN ANNOUNCEMENT TIME

We are ready to update to 1.2.4. This is kind of a big deal and is one of the, if not the, biggest updates we've had to do. What does this mean for you guys? Read on!

The Process:

I will be doing things slightly differently this time around to ensure the smoothest transition possible. One of the things that is different already happened - we did a test run for a few hours using the putative plugin suite on the SETest server. While there are a few things not currently working, for the most part we're comfortable with mission critical functionality and are ready to proceed. This will be a more complicated process for me and some of the other admins but I'll highlight things:

1) Sometime tomorrow or Saturday I will take the server down and remove the whitelist. You will receive 'Not whitelisted!' messages or something to that effect when you attempt to log on (I'm not sure what the exact text will be because we're switching whitelist from a plugin to bukkit's core functionality).
    2) I will make multiple redundant copies of the maps.
    3) We will cause the server to update the maps to Anvil format one by one. This will take for goddamn ever.
    4) Some other magic.
    5) I will begin tapping specific people to come on and test as I am ready and they are available. This will be mostly a matter of convenience and should not be construed as my loving any of you less.
    6) When playtesting is sufficiently problem-free to the satisfaction of the admin team, we will restore whitelisting to everyone else.

What Will Be Different:

1) We will have a fully functional 1.2 map. It will have a 256 buildheight across all maps, jungles, ocelots, etc.
    2) Lag will be reduced by a variable margin for different players due to a variety of new measures as well as improvements to core Minecraft. Server load will be radically reduced.
    3) As a result of 2, some things may operate oddly for you. If, for instance, you hit a huge number of mobs with a splash potion, it may seem as though you don't get as many exp orbs as you'd expect, but your exp will go up the expected amount. This is because of a mod we have installed now that buffers entities, preventing them from entering the world in such numbers or frequency that they lag the server. Very large amounts of TNT may detonate oddly (we're talking HUGE amounts of TNT here though, not things you guys are likely to be using). Extraordinarily large amounts of mobs may be throttled to prevent overspawn and server lag, and will be allowed to generate in when mobs are killed.
    4) If you experience lag in a specific area, please inform an admin. There is now a command we can run to try and fix it.
    5) Chat may or may not still have channels depending on whether HeroChat pushes a candidate build in time. If that ends up taking forever we'll push ChannelChat back on in the interim.

What Will Not Be Different:

1) Almost everything, but specifically...
    2) MCM directions. Bukkit suddenly reverse an update to Minecraft's new canonical directions. Old North is still MCM North, and so on. /pos still shows old directions.
    3) PvP. Right now, unless I get an answer to a ticket I raised in the next 24 hours, PvPToggle won't let me set permissions properly in 1.2.4.
    4) Showcase will not be coming back yet. Sorry guys, I love it too.

What Will Not Be Working Out of the Gate:

Dynmap. Shit's not updated quite yet. I expect we'll have it back soon.

one last thing I forgot...

What to Expect In the Coming Days

1) Frequent server downtime. As much as I have tried to vet and playtest all plugins, I am not delusional enough to believe I caught all bugs. Some of them will require restarts.
    2) Possible inventory loss. I'm sorry, I know this sucks and we'll do everything we can to help you out with it. But it's best not to carry a huge amount of shit on your person. Chests are ALWAYS safer during update time.
    3) Invasions postponed until the build is stable. This happens every update. We're not gonna tell you when they'll be back, though. Could be hours, could be days. Stay vigilant!
    4) Surprises! We have other plugins on the way that are lagging behind the update, but which will be added as soon as they are available.

Just quoting this so people see it again.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    i only got 15 minutes on the test server but i got a little bit of fun.
    i made a tnt trail threw ispawnbul that avoided all the laval falls, then it whent into an area full of ender dragons, on the other side i extended it into.. duno but part of it went into a watermelon house, another part whent up someones tower, and then i lit said traila nd watch and fallowed as a chain of tnt blew up cutting a path of destruction as it went.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    So, have materials and a plan to build a submarine at the harbor. BUT, questions!

1. Where to build? I don't want to put it in the wrong place and end up in someone elses spot. If someone could point at a place and say BUILD HERE!, I'd be eternally grateful.

2. Can I make a hideous drydock while building so I don't drown many, many times? It will be hideous while in progress, but safety first, right?

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    If anyone died at the bottom of spawn tower with a couple enchanted items, I have them.
    If said person was assassinated by Sopa, you may wish to remain in hiding, as he was seen loitering the scene with several suspiciously well-fed dogs.

• Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If anyone died at the bottom of spawn tower with a couple enchanted items, Firematic has them.
    If said person was assassinated by Firematic, you may wish to tell the authorities, as he was seen loitering the scene with several suspicious cutlery.

Sopa on
    jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Dynmap is working again. MCM ChestControl isn't because some vagabond forgot to update the code.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    This is an easy "use one button to open both doors" thing, because the doors got changed.

5Hs1o.jpg

New Freeducks: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?crc3cv31vonuos8

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    doktorjakedoktorjake Registered User regular
    Quick CX announcement:

The values for Clay blocks and netherbrick have been changed. Clay was too low and wasn't worth it to bring in, and netherbrick was very easy to obtain en masse and recieve a ton of credits for.

Kudos to Haleskarth, who made off with a cool 128 credits before we changed the system. We encourage this kind of shrewd trading, and also reserve the right to change prices as demand/supply dictates. Those 128 credits can be changed into anything from a lifetime supply of dirt (440 stacks) to 2 stacks of raw diamond.

If you'd ever like to try your hand at trading, hop on down the the Commodity Exchange (CX) by the woolhalla boat in OldHarbor. You may make off like a bandit, just like Haleskarth!

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    who stocks the commodity exchange?

like, if those credits entitle you to 2 stacks of diamonds, who has to go mine up those diamonds?

every time I see a scheme for some sort of mass exchange or currency system where people try to fix prices I just sort of smile and shake my head

• Options
    superapsuperap Registered User regular
    to all those involved in the update: --

GREAT JOB!
    and
    THANK YOU!

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    This is an easy "use one button to open both doors" thing, because the doors got changed.
    5Hs1o.jpg

Thanks! I was trying to figure this out last night.

Quoting this because yeah:
    superap wrote: »
    to all those involved in the update: --

GREAT JOB!
    and
    THANK YOU!

• Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Enc you failed to be more specific with the "water problems", did you patch your .jar to use HD textures?

If anyone else uses Freeducks (dumb name™) and has issues, post a screen shot or something. I've had zero issues and also not edited the water texture ever.

Freeducks again: http://www.mediafire.com/?crc3cv31vonuos8

Frostheim (Nuka updated \o/): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14282730/Frostheim.zip

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Expedition start time:

We have a lot of people in different time zones to try to accommodate, and I've noticed that Sunday afternoons tend to be busy times anyway. I'm proposing a start time of 3 PM EST (8 GMT, I think) tomorrow so the UK people will still have some quality kitty time but it's not too early for the folks on the other side of the pond. I know I won't be able to please everybody but I'd like to get as many people as possible who want to go.

So, later or earlier?

Also I have been stocking Traveler and Wanderer. Each ship currently has the following for the jungle expedition:

Two stacks (128) of raw fish (and thanks to the Solarans for their donation)
    Four blocks (4) of snow to keep the fish fresh
    One and a half stacks (96) of bread
    One and a half stacks (96) of melon slices
    One stack (64) of cooked fish
    Half stack (32) of wheat
    Three (3) potions of Fire Resist (8 min)
    Three (3) potions of Speed (8 min)
    One (1) splash potion of healing
    One (1) brewing stand
    One stack (64) of logs (but I will add three more stacks after lunch)
    One stack (64) of torches
    One stack (64) of iron
    Two stacks (128) of arrows
    One stack (64) of dirt
    One stack (64) of cobble
    Half stack (32) of coal
    Half stack (32) of redstone
    One (1) cake

Think I should pack more building materials/stone? I think I'll get extra bottles and netherwart for brewing, just in case. Anything else?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    @McMasta This is you with a shoulder cannon
    qcDHk.jpg

@Mayabird Methinks there should be more materials for brewing extended speed potions. I can drop some supplies from Townstuck's brewery.

Sopa on
    jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    HofstaHofsta The Coolest Ever New YorkRegistered User regular
    Hey everybody! I'm finally back from my trip and I want to give the Legion/anit- hell forces something new to occupy themselves when not defending the world from evil. I was thinking that Frostheim could use with some sprucing up and expansion. If anyone has any ideas or things they would like to see added to FH let me or twixxo know and if we like the idea we will fund the project. Thats right people, with special permissions I am gonna allow anyone who wants to contribute and build at Frostheim.

Some really cool ideas that have been brought up is headquarters/barracks/embassies for other anti hell factions and some new defensive structures around the fort. Also thinking about making a small militant town for all the veterans and whores just outside the fortress walls.

If you're interested get at meh!

P.S. I'm also offering to make custom event specific skins for anyone who wants them( cultists included). get at me in game or PM me your current skin and details about what you have in mind.

Hofsta needs employment.

www.retroveractive.com
  • Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    i have ideas hofsta.
    first off.... more torches, i had a zombie attack me in the wizard's tower garden, and while climbing up the stairs outside to look over the wall with the main gate a creeper jumped off the mountain, hear a hiss crunch, then saw a creeper walking towards me.

other then that.... how about a brewery/distillery for the mead hall? how can you have mead without a facility to make it?

• Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    So, I think there's a bug.
    Fence gates are completely unresponsive to left clicking and wooden doors appear open with a left click, but don't act as it with neither allowing the player through. Right clicking 'open' doors closes them and immediately opens them allowing the player to walk through.
    Right clicking normal gates and doors works just fine.
    I tested it in a ssp world and wooden doors seemed to work just fine.

• Options
    Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    JpsCrazy wrote: »
    Fence gates are completely unresponsive to left clicking

I think fence gates have always been right click only.

• Options
    doktorjakedoktorjake Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    MrMonroe wrote: »

like, if those credits entitle you to 2 stacks of diamonds, who has to go mine up those diamonds?

every time I see a scheme for some sort of mass exchange or currency system where people try to fix prices I just sort of smile and shake my head

We've tried to make the prices even enough that some people will trade in for certain resources, while others will buy them. If the exchange either runs out or gets flooded with resources, we re-evaluate the exchange rates for the items so that it becomes more balanced. The goal is for the exchange to perpetuate without any maintenance. Several people have both given and traded for diamonds, for instance, which indicates to us that they're priced correctly.

In some circumstances, we price items incorrectly. Netherbrick was one of these cases, and when Hale is ready to cash in his credits, 12obert13oyle and I will honor that transaction and mine up anything that the exchange is missing for him.

So yeah, the short answer to "who stocks the CX?" is 12obert13oyle and I.

doktorjake on
  • Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    Ashaman42 wrote: »
    JpsCrazy wrote: »
    Fence gates are completely unresponsive to left clicking

I think fence gates have always been right click only.

My bad! In that case though, doors are still acting funny.

• Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    Doors are acting funny. I've had a few instances where the door looked open but was actually closed. Opening it once or twice usually fixes it.

• Options
    FerretFerret Registered User regular
    doktorjake wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »

We've tried to make the prices even enough that some people will trade in for certain resources, while others will buy them. If the exchange either runs out or gets flooded with resources, we re-evaluate the exchange rates for the items so that it becomes more balanced. The goal is for the exchange to perpetuate without any maintenance. Several people have both given and traded for diamonds, for instance, which indicates to us that they're priced correctly.

In some circumstances, we price items incorrectly. Netherbrick was one of these cases, and when Hale is ready to cash in his credits, 12obert13oyle and I will honor that transaction and mine up anything that the exchange is missing for him.

So yeah, the short answer to "who stocks the CX?" is 12obert13oyle and I.

Bah I was planning on abusing the crap out of the netherbrick pricing on my next day off

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Doors are acting funny. I've had a few instances where the door looked open but was actually closed. Opening it once or twice usually fixes it.

1.2 changed how doors work in general. If opening and closing doesn't work, remove and replace it.

The Good Doctor Tran on
    LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
This discussion has been closed.