As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hofsta, can you use this http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/yoko-littner-anime-girls/ one for my legion skin? :O I like her hair and that skull on her head but she needs some kind of shorts or pants >.<

PassionateLovie on
  • Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    Old door setups involved one door being closed in the obvious fashion and the second door being open but mounted 90 degrees to the plane of the first door. So if you are having door problems, the simple fix is usually remove both doors and then place them they way you logically should.
    If that doesn't work it might be due to a redstone setup that was made to solve a problem that no longer exists, so you can just replace whatever it is with Ginger's setup.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT

The Jungle Expeditions will be tomorrow, Sunday, April 1st, 2012, starting at 3 PM EST (8 PM GMT). That means be at Traveler and Wanderer in the Ispawnbul New Harbor at 3 PM for the start. We have some supplies already for both teams (the ones listed earlier plus additional kind donations from Drijen and Sopa/Townstuck) but if you want diamond armor and weapons you'll need to bring your own. We do have fish for kitties and will be bringing back botanical specimens (i.e. jungle tree saplings).

This being said, if you can't make it on time, the teleports on the ships will stay up so you can join in later (and thank you to Nuka for both the teleports and the lovely ships). There will be plenty of area to explore and exploit so don't feel rushed if you can't make it exactly on time. Even if you can't come at all tomorrow, don't worry! The jungles will still be there later and you can still participate in the building of the city of Ocelotl.

For any last minute questions you can ask here or on the server. See you tomorrow!

• Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    Doors are acting funny. I've had a few instances where the door looked open but was actually closed. Opening it once or twice usually fixes it.

1.2 changed how doors work in general. If opening and closing doesn't work, remove and replace it.

Removed the door, placed it back down, still only opens with right click and not left.

• Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'd feel bad about abusing your market if I didnt trade you guys a shit ton of diamonds for enchanted goods ;) plus 30 minutes of searching with a fortune pick will get you near a stack of diamonds so, if you ask me the reality here is that you under value a lot of the other goods and that I can obtain netherbrick marginally faster than I could collect diamonds which made it worth doing here. I know for a fact that I could get 128 diamonds in a good hour or two, I can not get the equivalent to that from trading materials to the exchange. I don't know how big your stock is, but if I traded in my diamonds I could empty all the visible boxes.

As a market player in eve, I think your system works pretty good from the perspective of people coming to it to utilize it, as a system that someone can just sit in however to profiteer it needs love because that's easy; for instance you're gonna owe me another 200 soon :P I told you I'd become a stock lord.

Also yay Hofsta you're back, I can find myself a new position! You'll notice I added my hut in the back, its an ice cave minus ice :P Wink. Wink. Twixxo, your ice directions suck. I find your hut, nothing, I find this bazaar, nothing. Why you make me run in circles.

Haleskarth on
  • Options
    As for the 128 current credits. Why pull out now? I'm working towards a solid thousand :D

• Options
    FerretFerret Registered User regular
    Haleskarth wrote: »
    As for the 128 current credits. Why pull out now? I'm working towards a solid thousand :D

We must work together to crash the CX

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • Options
    lol, if I crash the CX than I wont have an establishment validating that a number attached to my name is of great value. I want the CX to thrive, so that all shall know haleskarth has the fucking credits.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Shitshitshit I just scrapped my previous design for the floating city goddammit

Gotta design hard

Actually being able to creative mode on the test server with other people would be pretty rad every once in a while

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    JpsCrazy wrote: »
    Doors are acting funny. I've had a few instances where the door looked open but was actually closed. Opening it once or twice usually fixes it.

1.2 changed how doors work in general. If opening and closing doesn't work, remove and replace it.

Removed the door, placed it back down, still only opens with right click and not left.

Sorry, I meant the opening/closing issue. Doors will only work with a right click as far as I'm aware.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Shitshitshit I just scrapped my previous design for the floating city goddammit

Gotta design hard

Actually being able to creative mode on the test server with other people would be pretty rad every once in a while

This makes me miss the floating island worlds Minecraft used to have. I'd like them to be added as a biome or something, possibly something like the ocean biome but with the landmass hanging in the sky over the water. It'd be easier to do now that the height has been increased I think.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Sorry, I meant the opening/closing issue. Doors will only work with a right click as far as I'm aware.

But. They should open with left clicks, and they do on single player, but on the server they don't. They appear open, but won't let players through.
    Stupid misunderstanding straying away from the original post...

So, I think there's a bug.
    Wooden doors appear open with a left click, but don't allow the player through. Right clicking 'open' doors closes them and immediately opens them allowing the player to walk through.
    Right clicking doors works just fine.
    I tested it in a ssp world and wooden doors seemed to work just fine.

JpsCrazy on
  • Options

But. They should open with left clicks, and they do on single player, but on the server they don't. They appear open, but won't let players through.
    Stupid misunderstanding straying away from the original post...

So, I think there's a bug.
    Wooden doors appear open with a left click, but don't allow the player through. Right clicking 'open' doors closes them and immediately opens them allowing the player to walk through.
    Right clicking doors works just fine.
    I tested it in a ssp world and wooden doors seemed to work just fine.

Huh, I was under the impression they never opened with a punch. That said, just tried it in both SMP and SSP and both buttons worked. Is anyone else running into this?

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    I had the problem with one of the noobcottage doors. Left click would visibly open it, but the server believed it closed. Right clicking worked, though.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    @Cathode Ray Tube;
    You have been planning and working on the Woolhalla rail line and me and AzureOdyssey are wondering if you need any help, supplies, etc?
    From what we can tell the line will go directly between us, so we would like to help get it connected.
    Just wanted to get some clarification on the plans.

woolhalla_rail_02.jpg

It looks like "island x" may be directly in line, so we claimed it in case you need it. Otherwise it looks like you may burrow under it (and then we might use that as our rail intersection).

Any information is welcome.

eldercore on
  • Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    wool halla rail? that reminds me.

whoever is building the north rail line (guess its old north,) ive fallowed your path and your going to cut straight threw the npc village i found, could you maybe build the rail over or under the village please? i know you want to keep it as straight as possible so i didn't ask for you to go around.

• Options

whoever is building the north rail line (guess its old north,) ive fallowed your path and your going to cut straight threw the npc village i found, could you maybe build the rail over or under the village please? i know you want to keep it as straight as possible so i didn't ask for you to go around.

That is my plan exactly. I already put a sign there to remind myself, in fact.

Speaking of that village, you can tear down those walls around it now too.

• Options
    Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mayabird wrote: »

That is my plan exactly. I already put a sign there to remind myself, in fact.

Speaking of that village, you can tear down those walls around it now too.

and let the zombies get the villagers?
    lol i went and replaced the wooden door in the wall with an iron one to stop the zombies from getting in.

• Options
    That's why they have golems, silly! Anywho...

EXPEDITION SUCCESS

Though we had to appropriate the steamship to Winderwood instead of taking Traveler and Wanderer, we managed to penetrate deep into the unknown northwest, encountering jungles! We have recovered saplings and some have tamed kitties to bring back to civilization.

Forbodingly, however, we have also discovered ruins in the largest section of desert, ominous bits of mossy stone brick looking suspiciously like altars. More later!

• Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    Good expeditioning everyone! I hope everyone tames many cats and that the angry ruin gods don't burn the world down. I look forward to seeing the beginnings of Ocelotl and surrounding lands later. Thanks Maya for putting this together!

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    we managed to penetrate deep into the unknown northwest,

northeast

too many confusing compass directions.

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Will there, perhaps, be a humane cat breeder selling kitties in Ispawnbul? I would pay good iron for kitties.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    Still haven't decided which jungle shall house Ocelotl. Looking for one with a good bay!

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I wanna purchase an ittybitty sitty kitty

• Options
    HofstaHofsta The Coolest Ever New YorkRegistered User regular
    i have ideas hofsta.
    first off.... more torches, i had a zombie attack me in the wizard's tower garden, and while climbing up the stairs outside to look over the wall with the main gate a creeper jumped off the mountain, hear a hiss crunch, then saw a creeper walking towards me.

other then that.... how about a brewery/distillery for the mead hall? how can you have mead without a facility to make it?

Both are excellent suggestions. Next time you're on get in touch with me or twixxo and we can talk more about you building a brewery for the mead hall. I would love to have something like that in the fort.
    Hofsta, can you use this http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/yoko-littner-anime-girls/ one for my legion skin? :O I like her hair and that skull on her head but she needs some kind of shorts or pants >.<

I would gladly make a skin for you. but the links not working :[ wanna pm me another link to the skin and any other details about what you want me to do?
    Haleskarth wrote: »

Also yay Hofsta you're back, I can find myself a new position! You'll notice I added my hut in the back, its an ice cave minus ice :P Wink. Wink. Twixxo, your ice directions suck. I find your hut, nothing, I find this bazaar, nothing. Why you make me run in circles.

Yeah Hale we can make things frosty for ya. Do you can if I go in there and spruce things up then?

Hofsta needs employment.

www.retroveractive.com
  • Options
    By all means, the shell of it is pretty much ready.

• Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I believe we have found a suitable area for Ocelotl! It's a smaller jungle, up north from the first one we found. It's smaller, but it's round and has a lovely bay towards a sea that is perfect for a ship.

Here it is circled on the map: TNDAj.jpg

Edit: It also has a interesting chasm going through part of it as well as a river.

Crowbawt on
  • Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    From the bay
    zYxXW.jpg
    oKqGc.jpg

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    doktorjakedoktorjake Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that theres a much bigger jungle that would be cooler just a bit north of where you guys are, if we let the dynmap update we could probably find the best spot for the new city.

Is it alright if we hold off on building a city until we can see all the area we've explored and then decide?

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    So, there's this cave in the Ocelotl Jungle that's just perfect for this. If no one does it I'm going to start banning random people one by one. Coordinates are -4335,63,-4409. Puzzles aren't necessary, but encouraged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7blg_k_6TtU&amp;NR=1&amp;feature=endscreen&amp;list=PLE895B445D25AA60C

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    McMastaMcMasta ProvoRegistered User regular
    So i think there are 3 types of jungle buildings people are excited about making.

I've tentatively called these, "Mesoamerican Ruins", "Ewok/Elven Village", and "Jungle House" and if you google image search those you'll see each are very different, and they ALL look very fun to do.

What do you guys think about designating separate areas of the new jungle we are developing to these types of architecture and have loose building codes for each?

I personalty like the idea of having the Bay area as the "jungle house" area with buildings like:

webecoist.momtastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/21-hdr-jungle-house.jpg

sceneworksinc.com/images/Jungle_House1.jpg

khaosokaccommodation.com/images/restaurant/restaurant1.jpg

The actual Ocelotl city styled like the "Mesoamerican Ruins" like:

rutahsa.com/Tikal-6.jpg

barney.gonzaga.edu/~mcoyner/images/ruins.jpg

islandcrisis.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/mayacivilization.jpg

And somewhere else close by being the "Ewok Village" Like:

khaosokaccommodation.com/images/twinhousesback.jpg

images.wikia.com/worldsofsdn/images/1/1f/Endor.jpg

thegeekville.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Fantasy_Elven_Village_018537_.jpg

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    All I know is that if I don't see something out of The Swiss Family Robinson, I will be disappointed. I don't care if most of us weren't alive when that movie came out.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    resists urge to build the home free from avatar........

• Options
    edited April 2012
    nuka wrote: »
    So, there's this cave in the Ocelotl Jungle that's just perfect for this. If no one does it I'm going to start banning random people one by one. Coordinates are -4335,63,-4409. Puzzles aren't necessary, but encouraged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7blg_k_6TtU&amp;NR=1&amp;feature=endscreen&amp;list=PLE895B445D25AA60C

Watching people screw up the Silver Monkey was possibly the first thing that made me lose faith in the human race.

edit: remember, always bet on Silver Snakes.

Firematic. on
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Firematic. wrote: »

Watching people screw up the Silver Monkey was possibly the first thing that made me lose faith in the human race.

COOL STORY BRO:
    The kids on this show were just local walk-ons from the Orlando area. One of our very own players, TheThreeMagi was on the show on the Purple Team one year.

• Options
    Haha, awesome. Guess that explains some of the mistakes.
    Also, further adds to my childhood belief that living near Nick Studios would immediately make my life better.

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    am i (player name thorgot) still on the whitelist from last summer? or was it wiped at some point

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Firematic. wrote: »

I KNOW! IT'S GODDAMN THREE PIECES. THE WIDE ONE GOES ON THE BOTTOM. THE TOP ONE IS SHAPED LIKE A HEAD!! FOR GOD'S SAKE HOW DO YOU FUCK THIS UP?!

• Options
    It is always the middle piece. The head even has a giant rod on it, and the base is the base.
    They just sit there and keep fucking up the middle piece over. and over. and over. There are only 8 possible (non-retarded) ways of lining it up, and they will take like 14 tries and then get gangraped by what I can only assume are transients and hobos wearing loincloths, which at that point I'm pretty sure they deserve.

This discussion has been closed.