As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Legend of Zelda Thread: Wind Waker HD (Fall 2013) and New Zelda!

1939495969799»

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Are the dungeons different in Seasons in Ages? Or, rather, what in particular -is- different between the two games? I've only ever played Seasons, I bought both on sale and I started playing Seasons again because it's the thing I know and I never got a chance to link to Ages in the olden days. But I'm getting a little frustrated with the game because of some of the dungeons and the "Switch your items every five seconds" mechanic. I understand Ages can't fix the latter, but if there's different -things- in it, then that would be cool.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    Different land mass, different dungeons, some different items. Pretty much they're separate games except you can get codes to then use in the other game to get some upgrades or special weapons. Beating them both gives access to the actual final boss, which can be done in either game, and doesn't matter which you play first. It's not just a simple mirroring of dungeons like the GC/Wii version of Twilight Princess or minor changes like Pokemon games.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I really liked the items in seasons better, for whatever that's worth.

The slingshot's replacement in ages is more fun, but the magnet gloves, cape, and magic boomerang were fun to play around with, while the cane and the switch hook had less utility. As for the power glove?

It's so bad is a sufficient description, as long as we're using bad in the negative sense.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    I really liked the items in seasons better, for whatever that's worth.

The slingshot's replacement in ages is more fun, but the magnet gloves, cape, and magic boomerang were fun to play around with, while the cane and the switch hook had less utility. As for the power glove?

It's so bad is a sufficient description, as long as we're using bad in the negative sense.

Same for the switch hook really...Now you can switch paces with things slightly further away!

That and the power glove dungeon are my least favorites simply because the reward sucks.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    CSStheGr8 wrote: »
    Different land mass, different dungeons, some different items. Pretty much they're separate games except you can get codes to then use in the other game to get some upgrades or special weapons. Beating them both gives access to the actual final boss, which can be done in either game, and doesn't matter which you play first. It's not just a simple mirroring of dungeons like the GC/Wii version of Twilight Princess or minor changes like Pokemon games.

Okay, this is awesome. Thanks for the info!

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    I hope I never have to deal with motion controls in Zelda again. If that happens I will die happy.

You may not have to, at least for the next one. Aonuma says that part of making Wind Waker HD is helping in creating the controls for the Wii U original.

I hope he's just talking about a couple specific gamepad features and not going back to full buttons. I bet a bunch of people would complain but I envision the gamepad basically being your pouch so when you want an item you have to reach down to it to get it, like how in Skyward Sword you were still running around while picking items but now you have to take your eyes of the screen or try to remember where you put something. Also no minimap, you have to take out your map on the gamepad.

This sounds great in theory but there's no way it'd be fun in execution.

Yeah, I'm not sure I can imagine a Zelda game requiring you to hop back and forth between controllers for the duration...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I think the following items are a given
    Lens of truth
    Gust jar
    Beetle
    Dowsing

Since they can use the tablet fairly well.
    Im sure the hud and item bag will be entirely on the tablet as well

But I dont think well get a skyward sword control scheme though Id prefer the option

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Geth, close the thread

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Rorus Raz. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.