As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 61 - The Old World Cries Havoc for Tzeentch!

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Round 3, End Phase

Board at the start of the end phase:

game61state30.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - Plague remains

2. Hero Tokens are resolved - A Leper goes to its final reward in Bretonnia and a Seductress is murdered in The Border Princes

3. Resolve Old World cards - no effects

4. Score Ruined Regions - The Border Princes: +8 VP +4 VP

The Badlands: +7 VP +3 VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Slaanesh has the most DACs and ticks twice; all others tick once

14 - Draw 2 Cards
    18 - Score 3 VP
    15 - Score 3 VP
    19 - Upgrade
    24 - Upgrade

9 - Upgrade

Updated VP:
    Khorne: 23 + 7 = 30 VP
    Nurgle: 23 + 3 = 26 VP
    Tzeentch: 28 + 10 = 38 VP
    Slaanesh: 18 + 8 = 26 VP
    The Horned Rat: 17 VP

6. Check for Game end - The game does not end

Things that need to happen:
    1. Khorne to draw two chaos cards
    2. Slaanesh to choose an upgrade
    3. The Horned Rat to choose an upgrade
    4. Slaanesh to choose an upgrade
    5. I'll reveal the next Old World card; The Horned Rat to make any decisions

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Seductress and Daemonette upgrade, please.

• Options
    The BasharThe Bashar Registered User regular
    I will take Under Empire Upgrade.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Round 4, Old World and Draw Phases

Up From Skavenblight
    Place one Skaven token in every region, or adjacent to every region, where there is at least one Warpstone token. (Total Skaven equal to number of regions containing Warpstones.) If there are no Warpstone tokens in play, do nothing. - Discard this card instead of adding it to the Old World track.

game61state31.png

The Horned Rat to place the five new Skaven tokens in his choices of Norsca, Troll Country, The Empire, Bretonnia, or Tilea.

After that, the Draw Phase:

Tzeentch may discard 1 card before drawing back up to 5.

Draw 2, 7 in hand, 11 left in deck
    Draw 2, 6 in hand, 13 left in deck
    Draw 4 or 5, 5 in hand, 8 or 7 left in deck
    Draw 2, 4 in hand, 13 left in deck
    Draw 2, 4 in hand, 13 left in deck

After The Horned Rat chooses where the Skaven tokens end up, he may then draw and decide whether he's cashing in his Cache. Once all the above decisions have been made, Khorne will be active.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    And just a reminder before we start the round, if Tzeentch dominates and ruins the Empire it'll be a win for him.

Icerimp on
  • Options
    Can I put more than one in each area? For example could I put two tokens in Bretonnia and none in the empire?

I will be cashing in the cache.

• Options
    Yes, with the exception of Tilea, as it has only one Warpstone in or adjacent.

• Options
    peskypesky Registered User regular
    The Bashar wrote:
    Can I put more than one in each area? For example could I put two tokens in Bretonnia and none in the empire?

I will be cashing in the cache.

Reading the old world event I would say yes you can but there are rules that you will have to follow (as in you cannot place all 5 into Norsca). There are 5 valid regions (Badlands doesn't count as you can only place it in Badlands or BP in which both are ruined). So you will have to consider each 5 regions (Norsca, TC, Kislev, Empire, BP) individually. Something like this:

1. Norsca: Place either in Norsca or TC.
    2. TC: Place either in TC or Norsca.
    3. Kislev: Place either in TC or Empire.
    4. Empire: Place either in Empire or Bretonnia.
    5. BP: Place in Empire, Bretonnia or Tilea.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I know I could've written my placement instructions a whole lot better, but I thought he'd figure it out, and I'd just answer if he had a question. :) I probably should've just looked back at some older game to see how Darian would've written it. :P

Edit: Thanks for typing it all out, pesky. :)

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    peskypesky Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote:
    I know I could've written my placement instructions a whole lot better, but I thought he'd figure it out, and I'd just answer if he had a question. :) I probably should've just looked back at some older game to see how Darian would've written it. :P

Edit: Thanks for typing it all out, pesky. :)

Any excuse not to do any work while at work.

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Icerimp wrote:
    And just a reminder before we start the round, if Tzeentch dominates and ruins the Empire it'll be a win for him.

Oh whatever brother... While I am doing well, there are plenty of ways of stopping me and there are others who can win by VP this turn too. (We all know Khorne deserves some good rolls sometime soon!) You however, win this turn if you double dial, regardless of what VP people are on, you are definitely the threat especially with your new ability to move noble tokens around! People know to deal with me, but you are definitely the threat, don't try and push that onto me!

Also, I will disgard the Blue Scribes before drawing...
    http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/149/acts/9357

• Options
    All right then. 1 in Norsca, 2 in Troll Country, and 2 in Bretonnia.

I'll draw my cards and lets get this party started

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Oh whatever brother... While I am doing well, there are plenty of ways of stopping me and there are others who can win by VP this turn too. (We all know Khorne deserves some good rolls sometime soon!) You however, win this turn if you double dial, regardless of what VP people are on, you are definitely the threat especially with your new ability to move noble tokens around! People know to deal with me, but you are definitely the threat, don't try and push that onto me!

Also, I will disgard the Blue Scribes before drawing...
    http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/149/acts/9357

Just pointing it out! Because I care.

Icerimp on
  • Options

From now on I will call you Care Bear!

• Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    I return from joyful weddings and find only discord among brothers! How heartbreaking.

Quicken Decay in the Empire.

5/6 PP

• Options
    Round 4, Summoning Phase

game61state32.png

Corsairs (remove a figure after battle at event) are still crusading, after all these years.

Chaos effects:
    The Empire: Decay (+1 VP for N when others summon to or from)
    Bretonnia: Plague (card remains in slot if N places corruption)

Tzeentch is active.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I seem to be having internet issues at home so excuse the phone post... I will play Havoc in The Empire handtracker.heroku.com/games/149/acts/9374 that leaves me at 4/6 pp... I'll edit in the morning at work for colour and layout. edit - not sure that link worked so will update that too.
    Edit 2
    Here is everything as it should be...

Havoc to the Empire
    4/6 PP

http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/149/acts/9374

Cerberus on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Cultist + Noble from Estalia to The Empire
    5/6 PP

+1 VP

Icerimp on
  • Options
    That is...

• Options
    Hmmm?

• Options
    Yeah it's kind of all or nothing at this point for me.

• Options
    I'm not convinced it is over yet. It is possible to stop slaanesh and it is possible for khorne and maybe nurgle to pull ahead on points.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Hm.

Well, crap. I accidently played one of my cards.

Icerimp on
  • Options
    It's like you accidentally dropped it faceup on the table. Just save the link in case you want to play it later.

• Options
    Clan Rat from the Badlands to Bretonnia

7/8 PP

• Options
    Warrior to the Empire.

4/6 PP

• Options
    Round 4, Summoning Phase

game61state33.png

Corsairs (remove a figure after battle at event) are still crusading, after all these years.

Chaos effects:
    The Empire: Decay (+1 VP for N when others summon to or from) and Havoc (Warriors/Greater Daemons roll no battle dice and place corruption during battle phase)
    Bretonnia: Plague (card remains in slot if N places corruption)

Tzeentch is active.

• Options

I will cast Glean in Troll Country... As I would like to visit soon!
    http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/149/acts/9428

4/6PP

• Options
    Now I'll use that card. Daemonic Subtlety to Bretonnia
    5/6 PP
    http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/149/acts/9375

• Options
    Rat Ogre from the Badlands to Estalia

5/8 PP

• Options
    Just the Empire ruining and Tzeentch getting first points for it will win it for him.

• Options
    I think its a tough situation as you need to stop a slaanesh dial win and get ahead on points, the only way I can see that happening from where we are is you killing a huge amount of stuff. I'll be honest its a strange position for me as I want you to kill stuff to stop the slaanesh double tick but not so much that it nets you a crazy amount of vp, which can happen with that upgrade.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Pretty sure there's absolutely no way for me to win at this point. Oh well.

Warrior to the Empire.

3/6 PP

Jebu on
  • Options
    Round 4, Summoning Phase

game61state34.png

Chaos effects:
    Troll Country: Glean (adjacent to all other regions)
    The Empire: Decay (+1 VP for N when others summon to or from) and Havoc (Warriors/Greater Daemons roll no battle dice and place corruption during battle phase)
    Bretonnia: Plague (card remains in slot if N places corruption) and Subtlety (Daemonettes and KoS place corruption)

Tzeentch is active.

• Options

Hmm...
    Cultist to Troll Country

3/6PP

• Options
    Daemonic Subtlety to Tilea
    5/6 PP
    http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/149/acts/9468

• Options
    Rat Ogre from Kislev to Tilea

3/8 PP

• Options
    Cultist to the Empire.

2/6 PP

• Options
    I'm away for the weekend so I'll do a phone post... pretend this is dodgerblue. Cultist from The Badlands to Kislev... 2/6 PP

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Round 4, Summoning Phase

game61state35.png

Chaos effects:
    Troll Country: Glean (adjacent to all other regions)
    Bretonnia: Plague (card remains in slot if N places corruption) and Subtlety (Daemonettes and KoS place corruption)
    Tilea: Subtlety (Daemonettes and KoS place corruption)

Khorne is resting; Slaanesh is active.

blahmcblah on