As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 61 - The Old World Cries Havoc for Tzeentch!

• Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Cultist from The Border Princes to The Empire

4/6 PP

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I don't think the board updates have saved as this is missing recent moves...

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, not quite sure what happened there, but it's fixed now. Still good on your move, @Icerimp?

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Yessir. I don't have many options, unfortunately!

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    The Horned Rat is active. Oh, and +1 VP.

• Options
    The BasharThe Bashar Registered User regular
    Clan Rat to Tilea
    2/8 PP

• Options
    Yep, that's @Jebu.

• Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    Sorry about the delay!

Cultist to the Empire.

1/6 PP

• Options

I will cast Warp Portal to Estalia moving a Slaanesh cultist to The Badlands

http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/149/acts/9606

To do this I will discard The Blue Scribes

http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/149/acts/9607

2/6PP

• Options
    Round 4, Summoning Phase

game61state37.png

Corsairs (remove a figure after battle at event) are still crusading, after all these years.

Chaos effects:
    Troll Country: Glean (adjacent to all other regions)
    The Empire: Decay (+1 VP for N when others summon to or from) and Havoc (Warriors/Greater Daemons roll no battle dice and place corruption during battle phase)
    Bretonnia: Plague (card remains in slot if N places corruption) and Subtlety (Daemonettes and KoS place corruption)
    Tilea: Subtlety (Daemonettes and KoS place corruption)

Khorne is resting; Slaanesh is active.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Cultist from The Border Princes to The Empire

3/6 PP

+1 VP

Icerimp on
  • Options
    Clan Rat to Norsca
    1/8 PP

• Options
    edited January 2012
    He can do it due to the Under Empire upgrade.
    This means all areas with skaven tokens are considered adjecent for him! Its a good upgrade...

Cerberus on
  • Options
    I'm kind of curious as to whether that or the Council of Thirteen upgrade ends up being better in the long run. I guess this is the wrong thread for me to talk about it, though.

• Options
    Cultist to the Empire.

0/6 PP, rest

• Options
    edited January 2012

Cultist to the Empire

1/6PP

+1 VP

Cerberus on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Daemonette from the Border Princes to Tilea. Control a clan rat.
    1/6 PP

Icerimp on
  • Options
    Is it ok for me to change that, if nobody's taken another move yet? I don't know the policy on moves.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Well, if it's ok to change it, go with this below. If not, that's fine, too.

Cultist from The Border Princes to Tilea

2/6 PP

Icerimp on
  • Options
    Clan Rat to Norsca
    0/8PP

I had a feeling this game isn't going to be lasting that much longer. With all the Skaven tokens on the map I though it was a better idea.

• Options
    Hold up, Slaanesh's second move doesn't work, as he has no cultists remaining in The Border Princes. What would you like to do instead, @Icerimp?

Here's the board before Slaanesh's move:

game61state38.png

• Options
    Whoops. Cultist from the Badlands to Tilea
    2/6

• Options
    I probably could've guessed that would be the move. Unless he says otherwise, I'll assume @The Bashar is keeping his move the same, so Tzeentch is active.

• Options

Cultist from The Badlands to Troll Country

0/6PP and rest

This is going to be interesting!

• Options
    Take us home, Slaanesh.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm going to make a very shocking series of moves here. Hold on to your hats!

Cultist from Estalia to Tilea.
    Cultist to Tilea.

0/6

Icerimp on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I didn't find them very shocking

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    You just have no appreciation for the dramatic.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Round 4, Battle Phase

game61state39.png

Corsairs (remove a figure after battle at event) are still crusading, after all these years.

Chaos effects:
    Troll Country: Glean (adjacent to all other regions)
    The Empire: Decay (+1 VP for N when others summon to or from) and Havoc (Warriors/Greater Daemons roll no battle dice and place corruption during battle phase)
    Bretonnia: Plague (card remains in slot if N places corruption) and Subtlety (Daemonettes and KoS place corruption)
    Tilea: Subtlety (Daemonettes and KoS place corruption)

Troll Country: 2 dice
    Kislev: 4 dice
    The Empire: HAVOC'd! - +1 corruption, +2 corruption DAC
    Bretonnia: 2 dice
    Estalia: 2 dice, 1 die
    Tilea: 2 dice, 1 die
    The Border Princes: 2 dice, 1 die

Khorne is free to roll in all regions except The Border Princes. Once The Horned Rat rolls for Tilea, The Border Princes dice may then be rolled.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    At least I found this last round shocking. I'll explain after the game ends.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It was fun to play. Hopefully I can get more games in. Looking back, I can see plenty of places I could have made better choices. Maybe Khorne will be very unlucky with rolling, though!

Edit: Very, very, very unlucky.

Icerimp on
  • Options
    It was more you as kingmaker than me, since there really wasn't much I could do to affect things. I'm annoyed at myself for playing pretty poorly this game. Hopefully I'll do better next time!

• Options
    Also, Dark Elves, right? What's with those guys?

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Don't be so sure. You just got 3 DACs

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yep, you had the one earlier for Rampage in Troll Country. At best I'll tie you with 4.

Icerimp on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Players with more experience than me would probably be able to tell better, but I think you played the round as best as you could have, considering the circumstances.

Icerimp on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    1 hit in Estalia Kill the bloodletter

No hits in Tilea

Wow, I got curb stomped this game. I'm sure I misplayed stuff but damn, I didn't even have a chance.

The Bashar on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Border Princes - 1 hit. Kill a bloodletter.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3345657/

Icerimp on
  • Options
    Just need Khorne's roll in The Border Princes.

• Options
    Wow, I go to sleep and there has been a huge amount of activity...
    Looks like feeding Khorne cultists paid off on stopping Slaanesh dial.
    jdarkson wrote:
    It was an incredibly long shot for me to tie or catch Tzeentch anyway. I needed nine hits.
    I think it may have been even more than this, I had it figured out like this...
    At the start of the Battle Phase we had six points between us, I was getting 18 that you weren't (Empire Ruination and Domination) so that was 24 points difference, so you needed 12 kills. I thought that was pretty unlikely. (Unless I'm missing something which is highly possible)

I think you did exactly what you had to in the last turn as soon as the Havoc went down.
    The Bashar wrote:
    Wow, I got curb stomped this game. I'm sure I misplayed stuff but damn, I didn't even have a chance.

I feel properly guilty about screwing you on turn one, sorry about that. I know that wasn't it for you but it didn't help.