As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Holy [chat] its my turn!?

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote:
    ...Wait, I'm not in a swing state anymore. I can vote third party WOoooo

I have the opposite feeling. I don't live in New York anymore, my vote matters WOoooo

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    So It Goes wrote:
    hey y'all

just watching Ron Paul make sense on the topic of US being a world policer

Somehow he's the most sensible Republican candidate.

Huntsman is the most sensible
    he also doesnt seem to be taking the process very seriously and is unlikely to win anything

He's running for veep, barring some kind of mindblowing upset that would get everyone at Gallup fired.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    you're a piece of garbage and you make me sick!

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    you're a piece of garbage and you make me sick!

boo hoo

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I wonder what constitutes a profile infraction.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    What piece of garbage doesn't make someone sick?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    question: prodigious, prodigious electricity bills in a normal sized house are indicative of some crazy unusual practice or a meter error, right?

we don't have electric heat. it is winter so noone is using fans or air conditioners... but our bill was like $300.

my aunt is like, upset and cracking down on people forgetting to turn off lights and shit like that. i'm like, ok, fair enough, we shouldn't waste electricity... but that is minor, on the penny stuff. either the meter is wrong or my uncle (with his crazy, house-rocking and lights-dimming bass bins and huge music rack with equalizers and preamps and pro speakers and so on) is largely the cause.

i don't feel like nickel and dime stuff (leaving on a kitchen light a few nights a month, leaving laptops on the charger, etc) can even begin to account for this sort of charge in a meaningful way.

What kind of heat do you have?

i believe it is gas?

we don't have oil or coal or anything and i'm fairly sure it's not electric

but even if it is we haven't used the heat yet

My electric bill was $200. In Texas. During the summer. One of the hottest summers on record in the past fifty years for the state.

$300 is outrageous. Turn off ALL electricity in your house at the fuse box and observe the meter. See if the dial is still spinning. Take down the numbers at the beginning of the month and make sure they match the bill. Make sure no one in your family recently purchased a Chevy Volt and is hooking it up to an outlet every night.

• Options
    Kagera wrote:
    What piece of garbage doesn't make someone sick?

like, the pantyhose someone strangled themselves with and the EMTs threw in the trash

• Options
    I wonder what constitutes a profile infraction.

justinsane?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Huntsman is running for 2016 after the GOP totally implodes

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    question: prodigious, prodigious electricity bills in a normal sized house are indicative of some crazy unusual practice or a meter error, right?

we don't have electric heat. it is winter so noone is using fans or air conditioners... but our bill was like $300.

my aunt is like, upset and cracking down on people forgetting to turn off lights and shit like that. i'm like, ok, fair enough, we shouldn't waste electricity... but that is minor, on the penny stuff. either the meter is wrong or my uncle (with his crazy, house-rocking and lights-dimming bass bins and huge music rack with equalizers and preamps and pro speakers and so on) is largely the cause.

i don't feel like nickel and dime stuff (leaving on a kitchen light a few nights a month, leaving laptops on the charger, etc) can even begin to account for this sort of charge in a meaningful way.

What kind of heat do you have?

i believe it is gas?

we don't have oil or coal or anything and i'm fairly sure it's not electric

but even if it is we haven't used the heat yet

Hm. They may have done an "actual" reading on your meter. Often they'll do an estimated reading, based on past usage, then when they finally do send someone out to check the meter they take an actual reading and charge you accordingly. If they've underestimated, it can end up being a hefty bill. So if they just estimated for a few months and your uncle was holding the basement version of Woodstock that whole time, that could be the cause.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Infractions for all!

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    yeah Chu something is seriously, seriously, seriously off to have a $300 bill

I don't even know if your uncle's bumping system would explain it.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I had a $300 bill

my hooker bill, that is

• Options
    edited December 2011

"After" implies it hasn't already happened.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Theres a guy I'm shipping something to whose name is allegedly Hope Fails.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Hope seems like it would be a worse guy name than Ashley.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Organichu your uncle is selling electricity to black people.

• Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    I had a $300 bill

my hooker bill, that is

1 $300 hooker, or 300 $1 hookers?

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Aaron actually goes by his middle name.

His first name is unisex.

Aaron is actually kind of unisex too, isn't it.

• Options

Not if you spell it out. Aaron is masculine, Erin is feminine.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Giant Egyptian city built. Massive temples. Giant statues. Good times had by all.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    A failing refrigerator will net you a high monthly electric bill. As the compressor goes kaput, the fridge is going to run more and more until eventually it's running non-stop. And then it explodes into a ball of flames and agony.

• Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular

Well, hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Ash is the best guy name.

Nah, Erin is the female Aaron.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

"After" implies it hasn't already happened.

after Newt gets Mondaled

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Giant Egyptian city built. Massive temples. Giant statues. Good times had by all.

you liking children of the nile then?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    hope fails eternal

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I need to befriend an Aaron and introduce him to all my other friends so that he can get all of my accidental calls from people who don't lock their phones.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    hmmm

like, i know my uncle has some crazy stuff down there- serious equipment. one of the things (like, a pro-light set? with a fog machine and strobes) actually had to come with like, a converter cord so it could plug into an american socket because it has crazy high amperage/voltage

the shitty thing is obviously the bill's not in my name and my family's crazy irresponsible/poor and doesn't know how to talk to CSR's

so to really get anything done i have to like get on speaker phone and coach them and they resent me for it... but otherwise it'll never get fixed

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    I know an Aaron. He spends a lot of time blowing this dude named Matt.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Organichu wrote:
    hmmm

like, i know my uncle has some crazy stuff down there- serious equipment. one of the things (like, a pro-light set? with a fog machine and strobes) actually had to come with like, a converter cord so it could plug into an american socket because it has crazy high amperage/voltage

the shitty thing is obviously the bill's not in my name and my family's crazy irresponsible/poor and doesn't know how to talk to CSR's

so to really get anything done i have to like get on speaker phone and coach them and they resent me for it... but otherwise it'll never get fixed

Just pretend you're whoever the person on the bill is. I've pretended to be my boss' father repeatedly to get credit card charges to go through.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    sometimes i pretend to be a happy and functional person

• Options

don't we all

• Options

does that person have a different name

like Lashonda

or Rayne

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Wash wrote:

like Lashonda

or Rayne

That person has a $300 hooker bill.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Wash wrote:

like Lashonda

or Rayne

are you accusing me of being a least i could do fan

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

I don't bother anymore.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    I feel like I should clarify that I was just kidding

I'm actually in a fantastic mood tonight

• Options
    Wash wrote:

like Lashonda

or Rayne

are you accusing me of being a least i could do fan

I don't know what that means, Lashonda, but your weave looks amazing girl where you get your hair did?

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.