As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Maxed out like your credit card. Go post in the new thread!

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    This Dungeons of Dredmore being a 5 minute achievement? BULLSHIT. I have found exactly one Diggle so far; in a room with 50 other monsters tearing me a new one.

On the rare occasion I did manage to kite a couple Diggles away from their buddies? No egg. :/

Diggles dont drop eggs. But almsot every floor and definately the first floor always has a room with diggle nests and eggs in it, usually with 2 diggles along with it.

Start a new game and just fully explore the first floor. Youll find everything you need - at least if you start off with the alchemy skill

EDIT: Oh.. Totp... umm..

Arise, Gentlemen of Steam Thread! Wallets shall be shaken, credit cards shall be splintered! A sale day... a Newell day... ere the sun rises!

Buy now!... Buy now!... BUY! Buy to ruin and the thread's ending!

APODionysus on
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    This Dungeons of Dredmore being a 5 minute achievement? BULLSHIT. I have found exactly one Diggle so far; in a room with 50 other monsters tearing me a new one.

On the rare occasion I did manage to kite a couple Diggles away from their buddies? No egg. :/

You are doing it wrong!
    Smash those Diggles up. If you find it too hard try it on easy mode. But even on normal you shouldn't be having trouble with mobs on the first floor.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    Forgive me; I feel this can't be BotP'd:

Holy shit! So, it turns out Total Biscuit has a hell of a singing voice... and he's been using it for Christmas charity. His latest attempt is Let It Snow, with a Steam Sale twist. It might as well be anthem of this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrwcF9IgMUI

• Options
    Free Giraffe Rides!!!Free Giraffe Rides!!! Registered User regular
    Diggle Nog can definitely be a 5-minute achievement. It depends a bit on the RNG, but it should be completely doable on the first floor, probably within the first 1/3rd or 1/2.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, start with alchemy so you have the mobile crafting set. You start with Aqua de Vitae or whatever as part of your default inventory, so you're already 1/3rd the way there. Diggle eggs should be within the first few rooms. And you can buy the Grog or whatever it's called at the vending machine once you have 50~ coins, which are also super easy to find.

I had a hell of a time with that Psychonauts achievements. The birds kept flying away after they were on fire and turning into roasts in places I couldn't reach.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    I spent more time doing the tutorial than the actual potion making.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Wait, what is the 12 Days cheevo for Poker Night?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    citizen059 wrote:

Try starting a new game?

I got mine in 5-10 minutes.

I literally got mine in like three minutes of starting a new game. Just make sure you tag Alchemy as one of your starting traits, and I cheesed and purchased a grog in my opening spawn. After that, it was just a matter of finding a Diggle to kill and steal eggs from.

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/Rq2zl/inmomentum

Figured I would place this here, since it seems like I have generated no interest at all. I paid somewhere around eleven for a spare Indie Gala, but I will be a monkey's something if I don't get some of these to some PA folks for the holidays.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular

Win 12 hands.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Just win 12 hands I think. Got my Psychonauts achievement, have like 4 coal now. Just awaiting the next day of achievements!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Apparently the Newell was displeased with me playing Arkham City and not hunting down. My nearly 100% save just disappeared and the recovery method from the steam forums doesn't work. D:

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular

the very first room I entered had 2 diggles and two eggs sitting in nests next to them. I did have to play for 15 more minutes to find a grog though.

• Options

Win 12 hands.

Ah. Well that should be easier.

I like the idea of the 3 Kings one, but it could conceivably take weeks if you're not just folding every single hand until you get dealt a pair of kings.

• Options
    Apparently the Newell was displeased with me playing Arkham City and not hunting down. My nearly 100% save just disappeared and the recovery method from the steam forums doesn't work. D:

Do yourself a favor and create an offline profile.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ruiner999 wrote:

How?
    edit: also should have writen "hunting down winter achievements"

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    HiB3 key still up for grabs. PM me if you want it. LET ME SPREAD MORE CHEER!

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote:

You are doing it wrong!
    Smash those Diggles up. If you find it too hard try it on easy mode. But even on normal you shouldn't be having trouble with mobs on the first floor.

Ohh

OHHH

Yeah, got it. :D

Thanks guys.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Oh man, I came home for the holidays after spending 4 months studying my master degree and I haven't been able to put a lot of attention to the Steam Thread (Been busying visiting friends and family), but I think I finally have time to work on some of those Christmas Achievements.

How many threads have I missed? 1? 2? Oh well, I'm only waiting on a sale on Payday (even if I'm not entirely sure I can run on according to the Can I run It? website).

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    mts wrote:
    i tried for the sanctum cheev last night, but think i only managed one or 2 presents. if i could figure out which way the things were coming from, i think i would have had n easier time with it

The presents are cumulative, so just keep plugging away. I think Santa flies by at around round 5. Shoot him down for three presents or so.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    @Kendrik is really a classy gent that he just gifted me Half-Life 2. Agree with you that missing this classic should not be allowed. :P Thanks for your kindness again and going through my game list. There would be hundred of hours being put on this for sure.

RoyceX7 on
    Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular

Win 12 hands.

Ah. Well that should be easier.

I like the idea of the 3 Kings one, but it could conceivably take weeks if you're not just folding every single hand until you get dealt a pair of kings.

The IDEA is solid, it jsut doesnt work in a limited time window

• Options
    UnreadableHulkUnreadableHulk Registered User regular
    Another day, another 30 minute wait until the new Steam Sale and then a two hour wait after that for the servers to cool down so I can actually check out what's on sale and the cheevos.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    job interview went extremely well. gifted myself chantelise because of it to celebrate (hey I don't have the job yet, can't get myself skyrim with nothing).

Also, holy hell, down with 1 thread two days into a two week sale?

• Options
    Ruiner999 wrote:

How?
    edit: also should have writen "hunting down winter achievements"

When you're signing in with your regular account, you can create a local profile that doesn't require you to be on GWFL all the time. I had the same thing occur, I think if you have the DLC in the game's base folder, it should show. But, if you're not too obsessed with having Nightwing and Robin show up immediately, the local profile will save you a headache and some heartache.

I had the same thing happen with my copy of AC, twice now. Not that I mind replaying, it is utterly fantastic.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    job interview went extremely well. gifted myself chantelise because of it to celebrate (hey I don't have the job yet, can't get myself skyrim with nothing).

Yeah, we seem to be moving slower than usual for some reason.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    So far I've gotten one lame coupon I can't use and 4 pieces of coal.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Took a bit, and through a fair amount of @nailbunny and @gaardean carrying me through Bunch of Heroes almost to the end, finally used a modded game to get the Cheevo for all the games in the list I own. Tempted to pick up Anomaly but I think I'll save the cash in hopes of a RPG I want.

If there was a School at which they teach Classiness, I would only assume the first people to be hired would be @Gaardean @DaringDirk @IceMopper.

Gaardean sent me Orcs Must Die + all the DLC
    DaringDirk who I friended yesterday because he's a bay area native (BROFIST ACTIVATE) sent me The Witcher
    IceMopper for the Humble Indie Bundle 3 or 4, whichever had Crayon Physics Deluxe which my daughter will love in about 2-3 months.

If I receive a steam coupon for free Monocle shine I will be sending your way, gentlemen.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    TheCanMan wrote:

Oh, we'll pick up the pace.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    In the christmas spirit, I bring you a song.

From nightmare before christmas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF2AmC2xyXM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Options
    In the christmas spirit, I bring you a song.

From nightmare before christmas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF2AmC2xyXM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What's this?

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    How far into Psychonauts do you have to go for the cheevo? I am weighing the merits of buying it.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Out to go shopping over lunch for the wife, who had no idea what I was talking about last night when I told her about the League of Extraordinary Classiness in which I am participating. So I better buy her something nice so she lets me operate my ninja giving and contests in peace.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm 3 hours into my playthrough of bastion. I am pretty pissed the cheevo requires you to start a new game (which overwrites your current one) to complete.

Not true. If you go into Options or Settings or something there's a Profiles part that lets you start a new one. I think there are 4 or 5 spots, I did the achievement last night with a fresh start that didn't (far as I know) involve overwriting shit.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote:

I think the problems the first day sort of slowed us down.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dudes, you fill me with holiday cheer. I came home to literally 24 friend requests. Pleased to make all of your acquaintances. :D

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Entriech wrote:
    Dudes, you fill me with holiday cheer. I came home to literally 24 friend requests. Pleased to make all of your acquaintances. :D

I've got like 15. I feel accepted :-D

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

the very first room I entered had 2 diggles and two eggs sitting in nests next to them. I did have to play for 15 more minutes to find a grog though.

It took me three tries to do mine. First guy I got hurt and drank a red potion I had. Red does not equal healing; I dropped dead.
    Second guy I just die fighting and stepping on a trap.
    Third one I finally found everything, but took awhile to get grog. Not once did the vending machine at the entrance have grog...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    TheCanMan wrote:

I think the problems the first day sort of slowed us down.

True. If steam and the forums are both working properly, we are unstoppable.

• Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    My first attempt at the Dungeons of Dredmor objective resulted in no Diggle Eggs on the first floor. The second time around I found plenty, but Grog took a while to find. I forgot about the vending machine, but I was having fun anyways.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
This discussion has been closed.