Options

Dear Leader of Best Korea is Dead

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Ubik wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Ubik wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    So Colin Quinn decided to take the meta-route for jokes about this.
    I'm not going to joke about anybody dying!!! Kim Jong Il or Bin Laden. Who are we to judge who's good or evil? #benefitofthedoubt
    And people are flipping their shit, missing it.

i don't get it

It's a dumb joke built around shock factor on fake holier-than-thou stuff. But instead of telling him the joke is dumb, people are mad at him as if it was a serious statement.

well then let me say

that "joke" is dumb
    Colin Quinn is really dumb on twitter overall.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    So:

Ahmadinejad

Sudden death on Christmas, or New Year's Eve?

I say Christmas, because so far Osama and Jong Il have been announced dead on a Sunday night, and Christmas is next Sunday

Maybe he'll pull a Hitler.

Edit - WAIT I just realized this could mean a ton of bad shit. I mean kill himself!

Ahmadinejad doesn't matter at all what the fuck are you people on about?

Right, Kha... I dunno his name. The spiritual leader dude, he's the one in charge right?

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Tossrock wrote:
    Scooter wrote:
    Artreus wrote:
    Politically, I think China would come in with the North. They have been involved in all the six party talks.

So they would do a bunch of talking at least.

Doubt they would intervene with any real military action though.

But then again, like most people here, I am fairly uninformed about the realities of the situation

Half* of North Korea's artillery is pointed at China

*Okay I'm not sure exactly how much but there's a lot

I'm going to repost this every time the "lol artillery" meme resurfaces.

Tossrock wrote:
    The whole "North Korean artillery would flatten Seoul" meme is largely unfounded.

Here's the high level pop-sci overview and here's the in depth gunsperg analysis

This is missing the point completely.

Okay yes, people saying Seoul would be flattened are wrong. I misspoke.

It would not be a fine paste on the ground. That was wrong of me to post.

The fact remains that it would still be a bloodbath on both sides. It being worse for one side than the other is not really all that important to my point.

Way too many people would die.

Many, many civilians would die. Many more soldiers on both sides would die in horrific fighting.

And even when the South wins and forces unification, on top of all the bloodshed, their economy would be ruined. Because the North is in really goddamn bad shape. And not just the two Koreas. The entire Asian economy would go through an awful recession at best.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    So:

Ahmadinejad

I say Christmas, because so far Osama and Jong Il have been announced dead on a Sunday night, and Christmas is next Sunday

Edit - WAIT I just realized this could mean a ton of bad shit. I mean kill himself!

It's not about power it's about celebrity, Pharezon

People have money on this shit

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    captaink wrote:
    Colin Quinn is really dumb on twitter overall.

I follow him to see the people yell at him and take him seriously. That's the funny part.

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Iran is more of a really shitty bureaucracy of crappy behavior
    And the things we get most mad about are the stuff the population actually supports
    So it's not like democracy would be that much better for the rest of the world

It's kind of like Russia

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    So:

Ahmadinejad

It's actually about dictators

Osama, Gaddafi, Jong Il

Pretty much the only ones left are Ahmadinejad, Mugabe, and I can't think of the rest right now

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote:
    This is missing the point completely.

Okay yes, people saying Seoul would be flattened are wrong. I misspoke.

It would not be a fine paste on the ground. That was wrong of me to post.

The fact remains that it would still be a bloodbath on both sides. It being worse for one side than the other is not really all that important to my point.

Way too many people would die.

Many, many civilians would die. Many more soldiers on both sides would die in horrific fighting.

And even when the South wins and forces unification, on top of all the bloodshed, their economy would be ruined. Because the North is in really goddamn bad shape. And not just the two Koreas. The entire Asian economy would go through an awful recession at best.

I don't think anyone wants war between North and South Korea. My girlfriend is in Seoul right now, in fact! That is basically the last thing I want! I'm just correcting the myth that North Korean artillery would destroy Seoul, which it wouldn't. North Korea's rockets and WMDs are much more threatening than plain old artillery.

sig.png
  • Options
    Patton Oswalt, on the other hand, is great:
    All the flags in North Korea are flying at half-M*A*S*H today.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Ahmadinejad isn't the tyrant, Khamenei is

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    would be great if his son was pretending all this time and is like

"hey, we're a democracy now... what's up, south korea"

fingers crossed

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Because the Ayatollah doesn't call the shots at all

• Options
    Henroid wrote:
    Patton Oswalt, on the other hand, is great:
    All the flags in North Korea are flying at half-M*A*S*H today.
    "I can't listen to that song today" -- sobbing North Korean, as Run DMC's "You Be Illin'" spins.

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recently read this set of incredibly depressing and possibly exaggerated or fabricated set of interviews with a former guard, I think, from a facility where NK housed their political prisoners.

I think I need to find it after I get home from work.

You should really read this book.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    I really doubt NK is going to do anything militarily

My fear is that the Jong-un will do something that will allow millions of people to flee to surrounding countries

Which would mess them up a lot, especially China!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I don't think the kid is going to have a lot of power

this sounds like one of those situations where a general/a group of generals get the real power and they keep the figurehead because the propaganda is too well ingrained

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    So:

Ahmadinejad

Osama, Gaddafi, Jong Il

Pretty much the only ones left are Ahmadinejad, Mugabe, and I can't think of the rest right now

Osama and Ahmadinejad are not dictators aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Replace dictators with "assholes," does that work for you?

• Options

Osama, Gaddafi, Jong Il

The leader of the united states, Speaker of the House John Boehner,

• Options
    Ahmadeinejad does have the smuggest smile on the planet

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    I am dumb.

http://www.amazon.com/Aquariums-Pyongyang-Years-North-Korean/dp/0465011020

This is the book.

I am bad at URL tags

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular

this sounds like one of those situations where a general/a group of generals get the real power and they keep the figurehead because the propaganda is too well ingrained

Makes sense

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Al_wat wrote:

Osama, Gaddafi, Jong Il

What?

• Options

My fear is that the Jong-un will do something that will allow millions of people to flee to surrounding countries

Yeah this.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:

Osama, Gaddafi, Jong Il

What?
    he's making fun of you people that are misunderstanding the roles and status of important people

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    BusterK wrote:
    And the things we get most mad about are the stuff the population actually supports

It's kind of like Russia

I do not understand this post. Please elaborate.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Artreus wrote:

Yeah this.

I'm having trouble seeing the downside of this situation

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    BusterK wrote:
    Artreus wrote:

Yeah this.

Massive migration away from NK is bad for China, and is bad for South Korea.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    BusterK wrote:
    Artreus wrote:

Yeah this.

Okay.

You have millions of people flooding into your country.

Good luck?

You want to organize feeding and sheltering them?

Figuring out where they should go, where to live and work?

edit: also a host of other issues.

I am tired and dumb.

Artreus on
  • Options
    475818968.jpg

The internet sure is fast on the draw.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    why is Yahweh sparing dictators from the apocalypse

unless

• Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:

Osama, Gaddafi, Jong Il

What?
    he's making fun of you people that are misunderstanding the roles and status of important people

Fair enough.

• Options
    Artreus wrote:
    BusterK wrote:
    Artreus wrote:

Yeah this.

Okay.

Good luck?

I am tired and dumb.

And guess what happens if they don't get any of that. They get angry and seek weaponry to address their situation.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    BusterK wrote:

Makes sense

Guess what Kim Jong-il did when his dad died?

Transferred most of the power in the country from the Party to the military.

yuuuuuuuup

• Options
    Pharezon wrote:
    BusterK wrote:

It's kind of like Russia

I do not understand this post. Please elaborate.

Well by bureaucracy I meant the balance of the President, Parliment, a Cleric Council under the Khameni
    And by bad behavior I meant from the Western perspective
    Their influence on Iraq, Syria, and Palestine
    But most of that stuff seems to be supported by the the population so whatchagonnado?

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Ubik wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Ubik wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    So Colin Quinn decided to take the meta-route for jokes about this.
    I'm not going to joke about anybody dying!!! Kim Jong Il or Bin Laden. Who are we to judge who's good or evil? #benefitofthedoubt
    And people are flipping their shit, missing it.

i don't get it

It's a dumb joke built around shock factor on fake holier-than-thou stuff. But instead of telling him the joke is dumb, people are mad at him as if it was a serious statement.

well then let me say

that "joke" is dumb
    Colin Quinn is really dumb.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:
    Artreus wrote:
    BusterK wrote:
    Artreus wrote:

Yeah this.

Okay.

Good luck?

I am tired and dumb.

And guess what happens if they don't get any of that. They get angry and seek weaponry to address their situation.

See, not even so much that as 'now you have a ton of homeless people sucking up space and/or people with jobs and most of their shit together sucking up resources

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Olivaw wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    So:

Ahmadinejad

Osama, Gaddafi, Jong Il

You mean, aside from the son that's taking Jong Il's place?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    CNN: "We know his son is in his late 20s... likes basketball..."

Why.... am I watching this channel again?