As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Super drunk new thread!

• Options
    BastableBastable Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I've finally learnt that tank mao does not work for me, AP boxing day Mao is a grand success. Annie discoed after being killed a 4th straight time in a row.

maoap.png

Presents for everyone!

Bastable on
    Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    I think my favorite lane opponent 1v1 top lane as Nasus is Singed. Just had a game the other day where he kept running around and poison trail-ing me. I decided not to care (started Cloth/5) and farmed all day. All day erry day. Pop ultimate just to farm minions some more.

It was rough going, but after a while the Singed started getting desperate. Flings when I was outside of turret range that were just a hiar shy, or not enough for me to eat more than one tower hit. In a last, desperate gambit, after he realized that I gave absolutely no shits about anything he would do in my lane, he began Flinging me away from low health minions just to slow me down.

It wasn't enough. It never is, against Nasus. If you can't hate Nasus to his tower and/or completely stomp him 2 on 1 early game, he snowballs so incredibly hard. Hell, even if you hit him 2 on 1, the minute you leave the lane to do anything else he goes right back to being a threat.

I really, really need to learn how to mid with Nasus because I think he'd be a complete monster.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Tank Maokai is a bad plan in general.

His damage output is very much dependent on his AP ratios. You want to split him between AP and defensive stats. RoA, Spirit Visage and Frozen Heart is a basic good all-around build for him, or you can play him full AP.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    trus and elementalor begin unfairly accosting our graves for buying sword of the occult
    i knew better, i saw in him the potential to be great
    rammgraves.png

[edit] I love our KDA

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I think my favorite lane opponent 1v1 top lane as Nasus is Singed. Just had a game the other day where he kept running around and poison trail-ing me. I decided not to care (started Cloth/5) and farmed all day. All day erry day. Pop ultimate just to farm minions some more.

It was rough going, but after a while the Singed started getting desperate. Flings when I was outside of turret range that were just a hiar shy, or not enough for me to eat more than one tower hit. In a last, desperate gambit, after he realized that I gave absolutely no shits about anything he would do in my lane, he began Flinging me away from low health minions just to slow me down.

It wasn't enough. It never is, against Nasus. If you can't hate Nasus to his tower and/or completely stomp him 2 on 1 early game, he snowballs so incredibly hard. Hell, even if you hit him 2 on 1, the minute you leave the lane to do anything else he goes right back to being a threat.

I really, really need to learn how to mid with Nasus because I think he'd be a complete monster.
    Singed's mediocre early game is an exceedingly poor choice to put against Nasus's mediocre early game, yes. Singed can maybe win that lane if he gets some early jungle support but it's not a good thing. He has some partial advantage due to Nasus being easy to bait into poison when he's going for his last hits, but Singed naturally pushes and Nasus is going to get easy last hits at his tower.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    My favourite part is the Fizz saying the 19/4 Graves is "ignorable"

qFN53.png
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    So I had a game where my team took a great big dump in every lane, fed the crap out of Nocturne, and blamed me for every single thing that went wrong. If I didn't fight I was useless, if I did fight I was garbage, if I farmed I was a fat cow, ect, ect...

Next game:

worstever.JPG

People expect the jungler to be some magical fairy that keeps them from taking a big dump in their lane. Like they can just feed and hug turret and I alone will take care of the enemies. I'm not entirely happy with Shyvana. She isn't that good of a ganker, so often I find myself munching on the enemy jungle when I can't get a gank. This doesn't help my team a lot in lane, but I do get ganks on my way to becoming a monster. Shyvana really does impress me around the middle of the game though. She gets tanky, and just starts eating people.

I had a fantastic moment when I was eating their wraiths right as they came mid for a team fight. So as they inch back to position themselves, I leap over the jungle wall onto Brand and he dissappears. Then Lee. In all the fire and snapping jaws I find myself wondering where Ashe was, and find she has already ran north to escape.

If I like one thing about Shy, it's the similarity to Leona. Phage into triforce (Rather than mallet.), running exhaust, and a jumping move to get me onto the carry. Only Shyvana has less health and no stuns, but silly good attack and good life steal.

• Options
    I want to put this into a separate post. I almost never gank bottom. It trouble me. My ad carries always seem to do so very very bad I can't convince myself a gank with Shyvana would work. When they are good, well why would a ranged ad carry want me stealing from them? I try to keep an eye on dragon and help them get that though. I'm also good about killing anyone who dares try and hit them from our jungle.

I just... even if I can justify it to myself, I feel bad. Pointers and advice would be very welcome.

• Options
    if they're warded well Shy probably won't do much but scare them away, all you can really do is gank defensively aka save them and cover while they heal

really good gankers like rammus can feed a bad graves 19 kills

• Options
    IgelIgel Registered User regular
    Daris wrote:
    I want to put this into a separate post. I almost never gank bottom. It trouble me. My ad carries always seem to do so very very bad I can't convince myself a gank with Shyvana would work. When they are good, well why would a ranged ad carry want me stealing from them? I try to keep an eye on dragon and help them get that though. I'm also good about killing anyone who dares try and hit them from our jungle.

I just... even if I can justify it to myself, I feel bad. Pointers and advice would be very welcome.

Sometimes when I'm the ranged AD bot I'd rather the jungle didn't show up out of a feeling of obligation, particularly if we're already winning the lane fairly handily. If the jungler would like to exploit the situation for his own ends I'm all for it. A tower dive so we can all get fat and happy off assist gold? Baller. A bailout if we're being outplayed? Appreciated! For the most part I like to trust the jungler to be where he feels can do the most good. This is not always saving me from my mistakes.

In general, the jungle should go where he can be effective. While the role has a lot of power to affect the flow of the game you can't blame 'em for your own failures.

As far as advice, there are some pretty novel (to me) strategies for ganking either top or bottom that you may want to look into. Coming up into the side bushes from your own side of the map while the lane pushes under their tower is unexpected and effective a good bit of the time. Ganking from the enemy's tribush can work if everyone is on the same page about engaging. Most of this is contingent on knowing where the enemy's wards are, so communication with a good support is helpful! Conversely, you could have better multitasking skills than I and watch the enemy's movements yourself.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Whats better to level up on graves first, q or e

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    how do i akali

shit be confusing yo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I liked how they dove past the graves in every fight to get to me. So worth it as you can see.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    how do i akali
    shit be confusing yo.

-Look at her double passive (has ad/ap requirements to activate) and try to get runes/masteries that just cover both so you can start boots. If you have enough AP but not AD dorans blade is acceptable and few people will make fun of you. If you have enough AD but not AP I wouldn't get a dorans ring because mana regen is a somewhat wasted stat.

Ideally you have both passives and start boots pots

-You can be SUPER LAME and rush gunblade and say 'look my stats be like synergy dog' and then everyone hates you and you do pretty well with some sustain on top
    Or you can be really cool and be all like 'sheen rocks even though i don't have mana' and do way more damage then later get lichbane and do WAY more damage

whichever one of these you don't get you usually get towards the end of your build

-After whatever you want first Rylais is a must because you are going to hit one dude with lots of abilities and it's nice for him to be slowed. The slow lets you auto attack to proc your Q whenever you hit one so that's pretty cool too. Also the beefyness. If you finish sheen/rylais in a reasonable time you will feel really powerful zipping to people doing tons of damage and not taking too much

-After that you build burst caster standbys like Death Cap, void staff, mejais if you have confidence etc. finish lichbane after deathcap at least

-Defenses should be one or both of banshees/GA usually. The spell shield stops the stuns and taunts that would destroy you in teamfights. lategame akali with GA can usually get another 1-2k damage out before dying for reals

Things I see other akalis do and hate
    -Using Q after ult, use it before and use your ult to hit at the same time as your Q for a certain proc, this matters less once you get rylais
    -Getting rageblade, you can get up to 8 stacks in the course of comboing somebody but you usually only get there once a ton of your abilities are on CD and your energy is poop. Also attack speed isn't much of a thing. I really don't like this recommended item
    -don't rely on stealth circle, when you have your easy kill walk your ass out and come back late

• Options
    edited December 2011
    actually, i found the guide that i started akali with and really only deviate from it when i know the circumstances call for it

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/2676

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    how do i akali
    shit be confusing yo.

-Look at her double passive (has ad/ap requirements to activate) and try to get runes/masteries that just cover both so you can start boots. If you have enough AP but not AD dorans blade is acceptable and few people will make fun of you. If you have enough AD but not AP I wouldn't get a dorans ring because mana regen is a somewhat wasted stat.

Ideally you have both passives and start boots pots

-You can be SUPER LAME and rush gunblade and say 'look my stats be like synergy dog' and then everyone hates you and you do pretty well with some sustain on top
    Or you can be really cool and be all like 'sheen rocks even though i don't have mana' and do way more damage then later get lichbane and do WAY more damage

whichever one of these you don't get you usually get towards the end of your build

-After whatever you want first Rylais is a must because you are going to hit one dude with lots of abilities and it's nice for him to be slowed. The slow lets you auto attack to proc your Q whenever you hit one so that's pretty cool too. Also the beefyness. If you finish sheen/rylais in a reasonable time you will feel really powerful zipping to people doing tons of damage and not taking too much

-After that you build burst caster standbys like Death Cap, void staff, mejais if you have confidence etc. finish lichbane after deathcap at least

-Defenses should be one or both of banshees/GA usually. The spell shield stops the stuns and taunts that would destroy you in teamfights. lategame akali with GA can usually get another 1-2k damage out before dying for reals

Things I see other akalis do and hate
    -Using Q after ult, use it before and use your ult to hit at the same time as your Q for a certain proc, this matters less once you get rylais
    -Getting rageblade, you can get up to 8 stacks in the course of comboing somebody but you usually only get there once a ton of your abilities are on CD and your energy is poop. Also attack speed isn't much of a thing. I really don't like this recommended item
    -don't rely on stealth circle, when you have your easy kill walk your ass out and come back late

Yeah I picked her up and ran a few bot games.

First I used my AP rune set. But things were not working properly and then I realized that she's a little rune and item specific.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    which is why you see lots of akalis fall on their faces especially during free week because they are underestimating naked akali compared to double passive akali

having minimum stat requirements from runes and masteries to overcome such a big stat gap is pretty dumb and I never liked it. Now that I have like a million rune pages I'll probably play her more since theres room for more than "Generic AD, Generic AP, whatever jungler I want to use"

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ignore seems to be lying

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    Yorick will win against Nasus in lane every time. Bad Yoricks will poke with their ghouls and just feed Nasus' Q. Good Yoricks will wait for Nasus to use his Q on a minion, THEN W, walk up and auto-attack, Q for the swing reset and auto again, then finish off with E to get their health back. The harass will be too much unless the jungler just camps Top.

Obviously that doesn't mean a victory if Nasus keeps farming past the laning phase, as it could go either way. That being said, Yorick contributes to teamfights way more than Nasus does.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    @Talith games later?

• Options
    I'm honestly not that familiar with Yorick. Maybe they've just never been threatening to me, or maybe because I almost never top. I know he has his ghouls, and a lot of life gain. That's about it. I would look into him on moba, but he's not Talon with a 700 range/damage increase/teleport/silence. The latter is the kind of high cheese that makes me look into a champions exact kit.

I think if more people played Talon/Graves they would both be nerfed again. On that subject, what is with the ranged ad slot? All I have seen for days are Graves/Caitlyn/Vayne. Nothing but those three in bottom lane unless there is no ranged AD. So many of them are just terrible too.

If I had to assume a reason, it would be the same as so many raging bads on lately. Holiday break for the kiddies.

• Options
    which is why you see lots of akalis fall on their faces especially during free week because they are underestimating naked akali compared to double passive akali

having minimum stat requirements from runes and masteries to overcome such a big stat gap is pretty dumb and I never liked it. Now that I have like a million rune pages I'll probably play her more since theres room for more than "Generic AD, Generic AP, whatever jungler I want to use"

Hahaha I fortunately just bought a fourth rune page prior to purchasing her so I guess that was good timing because I had that simple trio of pages too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Graves, Caitlyn, and Vayne are picked a lot because they're better than the other ranged AD carries.

butts
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I set up the best bait as Mundo. I had enough armor, health, and CDR that I could solo Baron by simply abusing the low CD on my ult. I tell my team to all sit in the bushes and wait for me to come to them (the enemy team has no burst, save for Annie). Not five seconds after I start smacking Baron around do I see Morde teleporting on top of a ward. I'm about 2/3rds health here, so I pop my ult and skedaddle into my bushes where my team is. And then Irelia and Vayne run out of the bush waaaay too early (YOU DON'T LEAVE THE BUSH AT ALL FFS) and Morde flashes off without taking damage and we get obliterated by the rest of their team.

0CS Support Mundo isn't bad at all, because he can just sit in the bushes and throw cleavers without revealing himself. The only problem is when your carry only has 40cs at 15 minutes.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Gumpy wrote:
    @Talith games later?

@Gumpy, Always up for some games.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Iceshot22Iceshot22 Terre Haute, InRegistered User regular
    Do we have a LoL chat room thingy? The other forum I lurk uses that so you dont have to add everyone. Id like to join it if it exists. I didnt see it in the op and was just curious

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend code-2578-3543-8236 | Xbox GT- IceShot22
  • Options
    IgelIgel Registered User regular
    Iceshot22 wrote:
    Do we have a LoL chat room thingy? The other forum I lurk uses that so you dont have to add everyone. Id like to join it if it exists. I didnt see it in the op and was just curious

If you join the Penny Arcade chat channel you'll find cool dudes to play with. It's case sensitive I believe.

• Options
    Iceshot22Iceshot22 Terre Haute, InRegistered User regular
    Igel wrote:
    Iceshot22 wrote:

If you join the Penny Arcade chat channel you'll find cool dudes to play with. It's case sensitive I believe.

Why thank you good sir

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend code-2578-3543-8236 | Xbox GT- IceShot22
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    i think shit talking the other team when you win a 4v5 should be a bannable offence

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I think shit talking the other team should be a bannable offence. People should just be mature, have respect, and keep their goddamned gloating to themselves.

(I haven't lost a game in three days.)

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    I've gotten three games in a row where I'm part of a 3 or 4man that surrenders at 20 minutes despite only being down ~three kills and are even on towers.

Like, shit. We have three carries and they have no CC. Just grind it out, man.

• Options
    jesus christ the teams today

sig.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    At least you guys are getting to play.

I'm stuck on my laptop which I havn't updated LOL in forever on. Got a 360 MB download to do that's going super slow.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I wish I hadnt played tbh

2.5 hours for 180ip, complete waste of time

sig.gif
  • Options
    Rami wrote:
    I wish I hadnt played tbh

2.5 hours for 180ip, complete waste of time

Same here.

Last game I went 7/3/1 as Tryn despite being solo top against Sion and Ahri. The rest of my team fed a total of twenty three deaths in 18 minutes. Another 3man plus me and a 1/10 Viegar with 39cs at surrender.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I need to hook up a breathalyzer to my LoL client, probably also my voice comms.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Fresh off a 4 loss streak, my fastest non-bot win ever
    sighch.jpg

More ip in 15 minutes then the previous 4 games put together.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Every time I try to play I get reminded it's Christmas break. I'm turning off my computer so I have some kind of reminder to not play LOL. As much as I enjoy the idea of some of these immature kids losing their ability to play AFTER the holidays, these games just suck.

• Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Shyvana is my new favorite character. She's tanky enough to initiate, dps enough to burn down a carry, and can jungle and gank well. I don't know; I usually have a lot of success with her, whether or not my team performs well. She also destroys the jungle and counters well. Plus I have her redhead skin <3!

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Akali actually takes. . .training. go figure.

does her mark stack? Or do I have to Q . . .wait. . .R>auto attack>Q>auto attack

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png