As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Super drunk new thread!

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    If all he did was steal it then that was a stupid dick move as the time it takes waiting for it to get that low means he missed 2-4 minions, offsetting any xp advantage he might have gotten as well as really screwing your own jungler because they spent all that time tanking blue only to not get the level up for it. If you are donating the level one buff you need the teammate in question to help dps down the monster so they can get back to lane in time and so your jungler isn't completely shooting himself in the foot.

Also, this happens to be an odd lesson in proper smite usage always.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    No work. Too much snow. Who is for video games today?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    No work. Too much snow. Who is for video games today?

I be hatin'. It's absolutely freezing here(I've been in for 2 hours and am still wearing my winter jacket indoors), but there isn't enough snow to stop work. /sigh

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    oh hey they sped up the shop menus

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yeah no one seemed to believe me when I said it was clearly faster. I never had a problem before, but now its kind of wierd feeling

• Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    That's a very welcome change. I have to cycle through everything because apparently building Bloodthirsters on Riven and Atmogs on Lee Sin is way out of line.

I'm trying to remember if Lee Sin can give up blue and still clear the jungle in one go. I very much like the idea of giving up blue buff.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Also, this happens to be an odd lesson in proper smite usage always.

Exactly.
    Kay wrote:
    So, on the subject of solo tops and counters.

Should Vayne counter Renekton really hard? I suggested a lane change to him several times, but he never replied to that. All he'd say is 'i can't farm' over and over. I even offered him the jungle while I laned top, as I was pretty fat and sassy (and had like four kills).

At one point, he was level 4, she was level 8. He wouldn't even stand in XP range, he was so intimidated by her.

Hard to say. The fact he refused a swap when 4 levels behind means he is a bad player regardless of any other factors, so it's hard to say. I'm tempted to say Rene should win if he is better, so I don't think it's a true counter.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I know it's been brought up before, but I hate champs that people absolutely dominate with, but I can never seem to even have an average game on them.
    Frustrate.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    redxxiiredxxii Persona Non Grata Registered User regular
    I know it's been brought up before, but I hate champs that people absolutely dominate with, but I can never seem to even have an average game on them.
    Frustrate.

That's because you're not playing 48-hour gaming binges fulled by methamphetamine and Jolt cola.

But yeah, know what you mean. I started playing Lux after getting dominated by someone using that champ in a 5v5, and I still feel like a moron every-time my SPACE LASER!!! misses, or I fail to get a kill because my snare went 5 feet wide.

LoL: Handweasel
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I want to see some high level Chinese games because apparently Ezreal is their top pick and ban as their games end in about 20-25 minutes on average.

That sounds exactly like the type of games I want to play.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    HAHAHAHAHA IVE DONE IT! After going negative and wallowing in despair for so long I have evened my W/l !Watch me lose the next 20 games and go right back into the hole.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Frustrate.

This is me and Kassadin, I have never had a game where I felt like a real threat to anybody playing him. Only champ I feel like I just can't get to work on a basic level.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Enigma435Enigma435 Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    I want to see some high level Chinese games because apparently Ezreal is their top pick and ban as their games end in about 20-25 minutes on average.

That sounds exactly like the type of games I want to play.

I want to see some of this as well. Scarra I think was talking about Chinese teams at one point on sotl and mentioned a bunch of them had no concept of the current us/eu meta. Though in his words the eurolane was destroying everything they tried at wcg, but I'm just curious Wtf the game plays like over there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote:
    This is me and Kassadin, I have never had a game where I felt like a real threat to anybody playing him. Only champ I feel like I just can't get to work on a basic level.
    That's because Kassadin a) is easily counterpicked and b) requires very active play and ganking in order to work.

To do well as Kass you need to not be put against someone who zones you out of CS (hi Ryze/Cass/Karthus!), you probably need to be given blue on the second rotation, and you need to be using your Riftwalk to gank sidelanes from the moment you get it onwards.

If you CS evenly with your opposing mid, and both go 0/0/0 in lane, the likelihood is that they will be more useful and damaging in teamfights than you. Kass basically has to start snowballing to be really good.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    maybe china runs only kill lanes

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote:
    Naphtali wrote:
    That's because Kassadin a) is easily counterpicked and b) requires very active play and ganking in order to work.

To do well as Kass you need to not be put against someone who zones you out of CS (hi Ryze/Cass/Karthus!), you probably need to be given blue on the second rotation, and you need to be using your Riftwalk to gank sidelanes from the moment you get it onwards.

If you CS evenly with your opposing mid, and both go 0/0/0 in lane, the likelihood is that they will be more useful and damaging in teamfights than you. Kass basically has to start snowballing to be really good.

Once he gets going he is a fucking terror though , so fun .

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    I've done level one buff donations before to interesting results.

I was jungle shy one game when our ezreal sona lane was up against graves soraka before nerfs. So I have him and Sona just dps through mini with me, sharing xp and then I donate ez red buff at level 1 which got him to level 2 with red buff.

He won his lane HARD.

I always donate buffs early as Shy. Because my jungle is already so trivially easy I don't really need them, and ganking is easy enough anyway. Plus if I do want buffs, I can just go into the enemy jungle and take them.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Talith wrote:

I was jungle shy one game when our ezreal sona lane was up against graves soraka before nerfs. So I have him and Sona just dps through mini with me, sharing xp and then I donate ez red buff at level 1 which got him to level 2 with red buff.

He won his lane HARD.

First game I did Jungle Mundo, I gave Shaco literally all of my blues. It meant I had to wait for two more clears to get to level 4 (maybe 30-40 seconds), but he was just decimating TF all game. He ended up 10/2/x and I was 5/1/5; I think it worked out pretty great.

Then again, Mundo is really fast at clearing once he hits 3 and CDR is probably the biggest wasted stat on him outside of mana.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    MukkMukk Registered User regular
    I played a few games with Sejuani. Seems like a solid champ, at least as a jungler. Good ganks and so forth. Fun but nothing spectacular.

I usually start donating blue after the first one since I pretty much always go Philo stone with mana jungle champs.

• Options
    Bethryn wrote:
    Naphtali wrote:

Once he gets going he is a fucking terror though , so fun .

I haven't tried him in a long time (probably since before they reworked his W), my problems were mostly how to handle his mana between last hitting and harass. I always felt like I never had enough to do both at the same time during early laning and could never get to a snowball point.

I'd be all up for trying again with some pointers (runes, masteries, tips) though.

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Tommatt wrote:
    Torgairon wrote:
    Spectrum wrote:
    Torgairon wrote:
    normal draft pick order is elo-based, right? I guess I suck even harder than I thought because I've been 2nd last to last all day long.

can't...stand...more janna games...
    No, it's based on teams and random within them.

I'm really not sure if that makes me feel better or worse. thanks though

edit: dead last, again. I NEED SOMETHING TO BLAME FOR MY AGONY

Yeah I'm lvl 28 and something like 140 wins, 128 losses, and I'm always last/next to last.

I should actually track this sometime.

Normal draft

I'm really tempted to blame it on not being 30 (just hit 29 last night) and playing with 1000 win 30 players as well as your accounting, but I'm also willing to accept that some arbitrary randomness is screwing me into 6 janna games out of 7. it just seems funnier that way, somehow.

Torgairon on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    Never play normal draft

qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Trus wrote:
    Never play normal draft

elaborate, sir. my account is 29, I'm really only interested in playing solo queue ranked and I'm not sure I can live without the draft/howling at people to ban shaco/skarner/lee sin every game. sometimes, they even do it!

Torgairon on
  • Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    As Kassa, some matchups are straight up terrible for you. Anyone with a cheap, longer than your q range harass is going to be a lot of trouble pre 6.

In my experience, running mpen/arlvl/mrlvl/ap quints is a quite solid choice. I run the ar/lvl to make me last a bit longer in the mid game ganks, the mr/lvl also helps (together with the passive) to keep down ability harass from your opponent. I have not actually crunched the numbers on whether mpen quints would be a more solid choice than flat ap, but I think that the flat AP helps out with your harass for the first early levels. As for masteries, I like going 21/9/0 - grabbing 2 ranks of the armor/mr in defense and the health boosts too. This gives you a little more health early on which also helps keep you safe.

For summoners, there are several options available. I like running tp/ignite - since after lvl 6 you have riftwalk for a built in flash, and having tp means you can go back once for free during the pre 6 laning, and also helps get you to side lanes fast if the enemy is diving/set up ganks through teleport ganks. Flash is obviously a solid choice too, but be sure to be abit more careful during early laning if you go for it. If no one on your team is packing exhaust and several people go for ignite, exhaust can be a good option. Ideally, you want ignite for your burst at level 6, though.

For itemization, I tend to start mana crystal + 2 health pots. I like building a tear early, then rushing sorc. shoes and a deathcap, since this gives a lot of tasty tasty damage. I suppose you can also start with a dorans ring, but I prefer the crystal since it builds into other useful items. Your mileage may vary, though! After deathcap, it depends on what your enemies are building. Usually good to finish archangels. After that, roa, banshees can be good against some comps, quicksilver sash too, void staff, abyssal. Generally at this point you want to either beef up your own survival, or reduce the defences of your enemies. If few people on the other team are building mr, go abyssal. IF alot of people (2-3) are building alot, go void staff.

As for general play tips, early on you want to at least trade q for enemy harass. While the enemy is silenced, it's a great time to last hit. Try to use auto attacks only for last hits, but in some lanes you are going to need to focus on last hitting with q and just staying alive. If you are playing with a coordinated team, your jungler should give you the second blue and every blue from there on, pretty much. After that, you will be able to harass more freely, and after you gain level 6 a good harass combo is riftwalk->q->e-autoattack -> get out of there. Wait a few seconds, repeat (though you probably wont have e up again then.) My general skill priority is r>q>e>w, I often only pick w after I have maxed q and w. W is not bad per say, it gives you a little bit of extra sustain in the lane, and your auto attack gets a little more punch when you use the activate. It's real use is in my opinion the improved ease at which you can charge e by yourself. Sometimes this might be worth a level up, but on the whole it decreases the power of your full combo, leaving you with a weaker level 6 burst - which obviously is undesirable. After level six, be sure to gank other lanes. Kassa ganks hard, especially bot is susceptible at level 6 since you have a lot of burst and the enemy ad carry is typically very squishy - it is extra effective if you can get your support to buy a pink ward in order to catch them by surprise. If top is getting pushed hard it can be worth ganking there too, but since they are evenly levelled and are usually more tanky, it can be tricky. It does have the benefit that the enemy might not have gone b to pick up a ward yet, which makes the entry easier. Late game, you need to hang back in team fights. Wait untill mayor cool downs have been used and swoop down on the enemy ad carry - or ap carry. Basically, if an enemy champion is ever so slightly out of position, sit on his/her face and throw purple blobs of love at them. Don't get too cocky - you are rather squishy (especially if you did not go for roa), and the enemy team should be wise enough to know that you are at your most vulnerable when you have used riftwalk offensively.

Phew, got rather wordy - hope it's of use!

Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    zerg rush wrote:
    Nobody's saying that Sejuani will be bad. We're saying that she's boaring character design.
    I feel like this did not get the recognition and hatred that it deserves.
    Torgairon wrote:
    Trus wrote:
    Never play normal draft

elaborate, sir. my account is 29, I'm really only interested in playing solo queue ranked and I'm not sure I can live without the draft/howling at people to ban shaco/skarner/lee sin every game. sometimes, they even do it!
    In Ranked draft dodging means you lose ELO, in normal draft dodging just means you have to wait a couple minutes. This means a lot of people dodge if they are last pick, if they don't like the bans, if they don't get the champ they wanted, if they get counterpicked etc.

• Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Neaden wrote:
    Torgairon wrote:
    Trus wrote:
    Never play normal draft

In Ranked draft dodging means you lose ELO, in normal draft dodging just means you have to wait a couple minutes. This means a lot of people dodge if they are last pick, if they don't like the bans, if they don't get the champ they wanted, if they get counterpicked etc.

still better than playing against some goosebag character like shaco

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    10-20 minute setup on a game without several cream of the crop, broken champs vs. 2-3 with? opinions obviously differ but I'll take the former, especially since my patience for getting obliterated by blatantly broken teams and the ridiculous jungle roster is hair-thin these days.

• Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    Torgairon wrote:
    10-20 minute setup on a game without several cream of the crop, broken champs vs. 2-3 with? opinions obviously differ but I'll take the former, especially since my patience for getting obliterated by blatantly broken teams and the ridiculous jungle roster is hair-thin these days.

and really, I only usually ever get 1 queue dodge or 2 at most unless it's a new champ day or something

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    I really think Ionic Spark would be good on Shyvana, even more so if she ends up swapping Wriggles for Atma's in the later game. I need to try out not building wriggles and seeing if buying wards ends up being cheaper than going chain shirt/atmas. Not only is her attack speed good, but double bite which also resets the swing timer.

That and I saw a Cait using it to compete with Sivir in lane for creep clears. It looked awesome. Now I want to do it.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Daris wrote:
    I really think Ionic Spark would be good on Shyvana, even more so if she ends up swapping Wriggles for Atma's in the later game. I need to try out not building wriggles and seeing if buying wards ends up being cheaper than going chain shirt/atmas. Not only is her attack speed good, but double bite which also resets the swing timer.

That and I saw a Cait using it to compete with Sivir in lane for creep clears. It looked awesome. Now I want to do it.

Ionic Spark is really cool on Shyvana. It goes off a ton for all the pretty crackling!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    So, they removed basically every form of dodge in the game but they still haven't actually removed it? What the fuck Riot?

edit: nevermind, it says they officially removed it this patch, they just suck at writing.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Trus wrote:
    So, they removed basically every form of dodge in the game but they still haven't actually removed it? What the fuck Riot?

Who's still dodging?

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote:
    Talith wrote:

He won his lane HARD.

First game I did Jungle Mundo, I gave Shaco literally all of my blues. It meant I had to wait for two more clears to get to level 4 (maybe 30-40 seconds), but he was just decimating TF all game. He ended up 10/2/x and I was 5/1/5; I think it worked out pretty great.

Then again, Mundo is really fast at clearing once he hits 3 and CDR is probably the biggest wasted stat on him outside of mana.

the wha? CDR is kinda important on the big blue guy. get that ult up every 30ish seconds is awfully nice, not to mention, more cleavers.

and... i love the buffs on Mundo. hopefully make him much more viable. his health cost reduction on his W makes it worthwhile to get earlyish now. Plus teh cooldown reduction on his ult.

Mundo might be back. It's cleaving time.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Jungle roster is hair thin?

edit: In regards to dodge, I had a bot Shen dodge a killing blow today.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Arivia wrote:
    Trus wrote:

Who's still dodging?

They have a news item titled "Dodge Stat Removed in the Upcoming Patch" which I foolishly thought meant they were removing it next patch, not this last patch which is what it actually said.

qFN53.png
  • Options
    ScisScis Registered User regular
    Torgairon wrote:
    especially since my patience for getting obliterated by blatantly broken teams and the ridiculous jungle roster is hair-thin these days.
    Talith wrote:
    His patience is hair thin because of the ridiculous jungle roster.

• Options
    Talith wrote:

edit: In regards to dodge, I had a bot Shen dodge a killing blow today.

I would bet the bots that are intended to be tanks (shen, cho'gath) still have dodge runes somehow. Whoops

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Joe K wrote:
    Carnarvon wrote:
    Talith wrote:

He won his lane HARD.

the wha? CDR is kinda important on the big blue guy. get that ult up every 30ish seconds is awfully nice, not to mention, more cleavers.

and... i love the buffs on Mundo. hopefully make him much more viable. his health cost reduction on his W makes it worthwhile to get earlyish now. Plus teh cooldown reduction on his ult.

Mundo might be back. It's cleaving time.

His Q's cooldown is 4 seconds and the slow lasts for 2, so as long as you can keep landing cleavers, you don't have to worry about being kited. CDR definitely doesn't hurt here, but not imperative by any means, and I think straight up ability power would be more useful for overall deeps. His W is a toggle, so CDR is worthless. His E only has a 2 second downtime, and if you time your cleavers right, you can pretty much ignore that. His R has a super low cooldown already, and isn't what you'd call a game winner like Malphite's, Maokai's, Sejuani's, or Nasus' ult.

I'd say something like Tanky Stats=AS>MS>Penetration>AD>CDR>AP>Mana for Mundo.

Also, Ionic Spark is looking pretty sweet for Mundo.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I can't wait to try out Ionic Spark on a few new guys

Maybe on Kog'Maw or Graves

Maybe even do a wukong attack speed build with it

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    AS karthus. Make it so.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg