Options

The Book of the New [chat]

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Thanks juicer! Though I think I shall go with Fur traders because...it sounds easier and I am a lazy man.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    I have reached an epiphany

"Destination scan" is the most worthless package tracking update ever

It's basically "your shit's coming to your house. But not yet. Huff a dick."

Fuck shipping companies so much

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Can any of you guys tell me how to pronounce Coureurs de Bois? It's a card in A Few Acres of Snow and every time I play it I am just like "I play...these...guys..."

Koo-rer de bwah.

This. You're probably not going to get the accent/pronunciation quite right, but I'm sure no one will give a shit.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    For Christmas I got a copy of the New York Times from the day I was born.

Shit's going down in Czechoslovakia, but I'm sure Husak will get it under control.

This is what the NYT from the day of my birth looks like.
    news_131.jpg

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Tomorrow I gotta wake up early so I can get ready to go to a fancy place tomorrow.

Alma de Cuba

This time I hope I find something I like :|

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

it's hard without a pronunciation key. Just call 'em Fur traders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJTNOxV4Qg

• Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Can any of you guys tell me how to pronounce Coureurs de Bois? It's a card in A Few Acres of Snow and every time I play it I am just like "I play...these...guys..."

Okay, where are you from? Also, 21st Century, hi5 on that being your only language. That is kind of glorious. In like a Romans vs. the Maya way.

Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    21st: It's a pretty neat 1v1 boardgame I got for christmas that pits the British up against the French during the 1700s in Canada.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Thanks juicer! Though I think I shall go with Fur traders because...it sounds easier and I am a lazy man.

*narrows eyes*
    :D

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    bone daddy wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

Okay, where are you from? Also, 21st Century, hi5 on that being your only language. That is kind of glorious. In like a Romans vs. the Maya way.

I'm from California.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    :)
    Inquisitor wrote:
    21st: It's a pretty neat 1v1 boardgame I got for christmas that pits the British up against the French during the 1700s in Canada.

That sounds pretty nice.

Also, LOL, "A Few Acres of Snow" is a pretty funny pun in French. It'd be "Quelques Arpents de Neige" which is very similar to "Quelques Arpents de Pieges", the french name for Trivial Pursuit.

• Options
    bone daddy wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

It's kinda nuts but in the US most people can get by without learning a language other than English

Yeah it'd be nice if people were bilingual

But at the same time when do I practice my conversational French in fucking Liverpool NY

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

It's kinda nuts but in the US most people can get by without learning a language other than English

But at the same time when do I practice my conversational French in fucking Liverpool NY

Under your breath in traffic?

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    Koo-rer Day bwah. The proper term is Coureurs des Bois.

Aren't both fine? I'm not Canadian, but "bois" isn't inherently singular or plural.

• Options
    Buttlord wrote:

Yessssssssssssssssss.

Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote:

That sounds pretty nice.

Also, LOL, "A Few Acres of Snow" is a pretty funny pun in French. It'd be "Quelques Arpents de Neige" which is very similar to "Quelques Arpents de Pieges", the french name for Trivial Pursuit.

Man, I bet Trivial Pursuit would sell way more copies if it were called A Few Acres of Deadly Traps.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

Do it like me. Start playing video games with Frenchmen

• Options
    I mean I practice my Spanish when I'm drunk

If you think babbling nonsense phrases consisting of the four or five words I remember from high school counts as practicing

Because again, I don't ever have a time when I use it so I lost whatever meager skill I had

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:

That sounds pretty nice.

Well it is a line taken from a quote of Voltaire about how pointless the war in Canada was, due to it being such a far off and resource poor area. So I imagine the pun was intentional. :D

• Options
    bone daddy wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:

Yessssssssssssssssss.

Que senor

• Options
    Koo-rer Day bwah. The proper term is Coureurs des Bois.

Aren't both fine? I'm not Canadian, but "bois" isn't inherently singular or plural.

Bois can be singular "du bois" as in "some wood" or plural "des bois" as in "Woods".

Coureurs des bois is the proper term because there's no "singular wood" when talking about a forest, you know.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    when i first came to america i wanted to resist learning english

that lasted for about 3 hours

• Options
    Hola senor

Donde esta Bonertown

• Options
    Buttlord wrote:
    Hola senor

Donde esta Bonertown

Esta in mi Pantalones! :winky:

• Options
    Buttlord wrote:
    Hola senor

Donde esta Bonertown

Esta in mi Pantalones! :winky:

Es muy pequeno

Fuck your tildes

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I'm personally torn between learning French or German next. I want the German because then I can go to Germany and order a lager like a man. I want the French because I want to go to the wine country in France and be able to communicate with the folks there (I hear the country side is a gamble for finding someone that can speak English).

I can order beer and tapas in Seville Spain just fine, and a nice Port in Portugal. These are things I can do conversationally (can't read or write it worth a hoot).

• Options
    Necesito ayuda, tengo un perro caliente en mi zapato

• Options
    I'm personally torn between learning French or German next. I want the German because then I can go to Germany and order a lager like a man. I want the French because I want to go to the wine country in France and be able to communicate with the folks there (I hear the country side is a gamble for finding someone that can speak English).

I can order beer and tapas in Seville Spain just fine, and a nice Port in Portugal. These are things I can do conversationally (can't read or write it worth a hoot).

It's Europe. Speak English. If they seem like they don't understand you, talk louder and slower and until they get it. That's the American way.

• Options
    German is badass sounding. Unless you're me, and then you get stuck with the cutest sounding German dialect. Swiss German is to German as Hollywood Cockney is to the Queen's English.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    Buttlord wrote:
    Necesito ayuda, tengo un perro caliente en mi zapato

By the way this is my favorite thing t say when I'm drunk

• Options
    I just realized I have not eaten dinner.

Damn colds mucking with appetites.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Oh god

So a new $11 burger and decent beers type place opened up by me called Tavern on 2.

After the last few days all I want is real food and this is their basic burger:

Tavern On 2 Burger
    Paso Prime Ranch beef or all natural free-range chicken breast, brie cheese, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, Tavern On 2 signature ketchup sauce on a brioche bun (add bacon, avocado or caramelized shitake and portobello mushrooms for 1.50 each)

Oh man that sounds so good to me oh man

• Options

It's Europe. Speak English. If they seem like they don't understand you, talk louder and slower and until they get it. That's the American way.

I prefer exploding minds in mind explosions. To wit, speaking with a reasonably good dialect in the native language then turning to my friend and speaking to them in English with the deepest southern drawl that I can muster. So much fun.

• Options
    desc.

Go to there.

It is your destiny.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Why would you want caramel on onions?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    desc wrote:
    Oh god

So a new $11 burger and decent beers type place opened up by me called Tavern on 2.

After the last few days all I want is real food and this is their basic burger:

Tavern On 2 Burger
    Paso Prime Ranch beef or all natural free-range chicken breast, brie cheese, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, Tavern On 2 signature ketchup sauce on a brioche bun (add bacon, avocado or caramelized shitake and portobello mushrooms for 1.50 each)

Oh man that sounds so good to me oh man

So when are we going?

• Options

That's kind of cheating, though. I mean, it's like "How to Start a Barfight in Spanish." You really only need to be able to string together "mother," "cocksucker," and a bunch of animals in a random order to get your "I'd like to fight about something" point across. You're comparing speaking a language to hurling a bottle against a far wall and pointing at your untrousered dick.

Rogue helicopter?
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote:
    Why would you want caramel on onions?

U SRS

• Options
    bone daddy wrote:

That's kind of cheating, though. I mean, it's like "How to Start a Barfight in Spanish." You really only need to be able to string together "mother," "cocksucker," and a bunch of animals in a random order to get your "I'd like to fight about something" point across. You're comparing speaking a language to hurling a bottle against a far wall and pointing at your untrousered dick.

That's the language of men though

• Options
    bone daddy wrote:

How do you know that 21st is cut?

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
This discussion has been closed.