Options

[Chat] Mexico

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    not only that - imprisoning people is bad. costs money, ruins lives, wastes time etc etc

ceteris paribus, keep the bros out of prisonz

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    i love how many legislators appear to believe that making things illegal will reduce whatever it is they make illegal by enough to offset the downsides of having to enforce the new rule

I've heard on the news that there are some legislators that are aware of how poorly thoughtout/written the bill is and will vote for further research rather than push the current bill forward. But I have no idea how many actually think that, probably 2.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote:
    Steve Bell kicks ass, though.

98% of the time he is pretty awesome.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Alright we have a winner
    Obama = #illuminati taking down Wikipedia is work of the Devil!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    imagine how many tweets are improved by adding #illuminati to them

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    deadlyrhetoricdeadlyrhetoric "We could be two straight lines in a crooked world."__BANNED USERS regular
    not only that - imprisoning people is bad. costs money, ruins lives, wastes time etc etc

ceteris paribus, keep the bros out of prisonz

Join me as I pour one out.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    The thing about Asay is that most of the time I just don't understand the point he's trying to make.

Like, even aside from whether it's a terrible opinion, his cartoons are just awful at transmitting any sort of meaningful point of view.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Required by law to prominently display that the product may contain funklike ingredients

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I went to Wiki just now to see the front page, and it took me a second to realize that I had to enable scripts :p

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    I wish I could be a political cartoonist

I would have been less disappointed in you if you'd said you wanted to be a professional hatstand, or a writer of misery memoirs, or James Belushi.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote:
    Alright we have a winner
    Obama = #illuminati taking down Wikipedia is work of the Devil!

My faith in humanity is steadily shrinking.

• Options
    bogart what is it about steve bell that gets you especially

because i always feel there is some essential element to them that i am not appreciating

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Eddy wrote:
    Required by law to prominently display that the product may contain funklike products

"...known in the State of California to cause gettin' down and talkin' real smoove."

• Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

I would have been less disappointed in you if you'd said you wanted to be a professional hatstand, or a writer of misery memoirs, or James Belushi.

At least Belushi had the decency to die young and leave some drugs for the rest of us.

Keith Richards on the other hand...

• Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote:
    8vylhw.jpg
    mlzk9.gif

Is this real?

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Bogart wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

I don't need your judgement

you don't know what I've had to deal with

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I prefer political cartoons that take advantage of recent tragedies to make completely unrelated points.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8811/ixbgd.gif

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Thanatos, unless we're talking vertical cliffs, upstate New York has hills.

Well he's talking about the 45* incline they build houses/streets/parking on, I think. NYS in general isn't stupid enough to put tons of roads up hills that steep except highways. Especially since we get metric butt-tons more snow than the rest of the US combined. This is problematic for areas that don't though, because trying to get up a hill that steep with slush is going to be futile.

Albany has some 1-2 roads like that though, now that I think about it, don't they?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    mindspork wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

At least Belushi--

No, there is another.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote:
    8vylhw.jpg
    mlzk9.gif

Is this real?

Yes, those are real...

They're not even that bad compared to others...

• Options
    edited January 2012
    That is absolutely fucking infuriating. I am livid.

I'm going to go have a drink and think about my life.

thehumandignity on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2012
    I just found an interview where Glenn McCoy lists R. Crumb as one of his influences, and William Gibson as one of his favorite authors

what the fuck

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    mindspork wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

At least Belushi--

No, there is another.

*kssssshhhht* A sister? *kssssshttt*

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    mindspork wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

At least Belushi--

No, there is another.

I am ashamed I got the reference

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    bogart what is it about steve bell that gets you especially

because i always feel there is some essential element to them that i am not appreciating

His surreality and hugely original style set him far apart from the herd of political cartoonists for me. I am also a big fan of Loew, especially his amazing WWII stuff.

• Options
    yeah i can dig theyre pretty unique

i suppose one cant expect to appreciate all humour

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    mindspork wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

At least Belushi had the decency to die young and leave some drugs for the rest of us.

That's John Belushi. James Belushi is alive and well and stinking up the screen somewhere.

• Options
    Bogart wrote:
    mindspork wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

That's John Belushi. James Belushi is alive and well and stinking up the screen somewhere.

Oh god him. (i always get them mixed up.)

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Obama-Economic-Team.jpg

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hello folks, I am at work now.

Lots of actual work to do. Although I think its silly thay have me hunt sales leads for them blah.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Glenn McCoy has decent taste in things, judging from this interview

he just is an awful bitter person

I really think a lot of conservatives are liberals who just really really needed someone to sleep with them at a crucial point in their lives

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    i love how many legislators appear to believe that making things illegal will reduce whatever it is they make illegal by enough to offset the downsides of having to enforce the new rule

Pony once mentioned that a welfare fraud crackdown in Canada cost more than the projected fraud they prevented.

Yeah, this is a common thing in the US.

"Crack down on welfare fraud! Welfare queens!"

"Okay, but that wouldn't actually save us very much money."

"WELFARE QUEENS"

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Alright, gonna play an old PS2 era RPG. Gonna play Wild ARMs 3. I'm assuming i don't need to have played through the first 2, right?

• Options
    James Belushi was regularly acted off the screen by dogs, small children and Ahnoldt.

• Options
    Feral wrote:

Pony once mentioned that a welfare fraud crackdown in Canada cost more than the projected fraud they prevented.

Yeah, this is a common thing in the US.

"Crack down on welfare fraud! Welfare queens!"

"Okay, but that wouldn't actually save us very much money."

"WELFARE QUEENS"

A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

• Options
    Okay, no, I'm not getting a drink because I guess being angry makes my legs not work very well now.

This is steadily making me angrier. I'm pretty sure my head is going to explode at this rate.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    So I just got back from my haircut, and my hairdresser mentioned that she'd like to set me up with her sister-in-law (sister of her husband, not spouse of her sibling).

Naturally I'm a little wary, but interested because fuck if I've had any luck on my own lately.

She tells me about her sister, who we will call Olivia, because I was going to use Obama but then decided not to but decided to keep the O. Olivia seems pretty cool; she's in a very competitive program at UK, has some nerdy interests, plays bass, etc. She shows me a picture of Olivia, and she's pretty cute! Awesome!

Then she shows me another picture, which is of Olivia after she's gotten her new tattoo. It's some sort of writing on her arm, but I can't tell from the iphone screen what it says. I ask my hairdresser what it is.

"Oh, it's a quote from Atlas Shrugged," she replies.

For the record, I still gave her my number because I'm desperate, but.....man, I hope it's not a symptom of a bigger problem.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Eddy wrote:
    mindspork wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

At least Belushi--

No, there is another.

I am ashamed I got the reference

Because Star Wars: The Empire Strikes back is so very obscure? 0.o

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    For the record, I still gave her my number because I'm desperate, but.....man, I hope it's not a symptom of a bigger problem.

If someone gets an Atlas Shrugged tattoo, they're probably not worth your time.

This discussion has been closed.