As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Letters of [chat], aka classy people being classy

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Feral how were you complaining about the game when you were on Insanity!

• Options
    Vanilla you suck.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote:
    No one hates Hobbes the stuffed tiger.

I hear he has a lifetime membership to an all-white, all-male organization dedicated to preventing social advancement for women.
    bigger-hobbes.gif

• Options

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    Bogart wrote:

I hear he has a lifetime membership to an all-white, all-male organization dedicated to preventing social advancement for women.
    bigger-hobbes.gif

:^:

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    one of these days I really should finish mass effect 1.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

wat

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    facebook has shown me that the kind of people who discuss whiskey on the internet generally also really enjoy taking their children hunting

these are the kind of people i should be acquainted with so that i can get liquor advice and free haunches of venison or whatever

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Dilemma - I am going to a wedding soon, very soon and I need to think about gifts. Now I know both the people pretty well and they have pretty different tastes. They are also going to be travelling for a while, then moving countries. So all the obvious gifts are not really appropriate (house etc). Personal gifts are also hard, given their different tastes. Happily they have a register, or at least a fund to contribute to buying stuff for the house they will live in when they settle down. This would seem like the easy choice, but how much does one give?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    i too am a little surprised

i usually only play on hardcore

my penis is wilting just a little bit

• Options
    Feral wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

wat

The other day you were trashing the combat in ME2. You were playing on Insanity!?

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    I only died once on the main part of getting Grunt. Either I'm getting better at Insanity, it naturally gets easier as the game progresses, or Stasis is an awesome bonus power (though I've rarely been able to take full advantage of it).

Do you have Mordin yet?

I made the mistake of trying to get Grunt before getting Mordin. It was hard. I got through it, though.

They say that you can take the missions in any order you want but I think it's more like Mega Man where there's a certain order that makes it easier.

I only play on Insanity, BTW.
    Yup, though I didn't take him with me. Taking Jacob and Zaeed to get Grunt on Insanity is rather dumb as a soldier. Pull is mostly useless when everyone has shields, and concussive shots aren't much better.

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

Obviously he's insane.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    emnmnme wrote:
    Bogart wrote:

bigger-hobbes.gif

Sources tell me he's a fifth columnist for feminism and will give up the society's most valuable secrets for snuggles and belly rubs.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    my tech-illiterate sister had me burn her two CDs (for her car) full of old school r and b. i almost felt like a robber baron when she gave me $20 for like, 35 minutes of work.

• Options
    Feral wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

wat
    it just seems a little weird to complain about it being hard and enemies being bullet sponges on hard mode

of course they are! it's hard mode!

• Options
    Feral wrote:
    I only died once on the main part of getting Grunt. Either I'm getting better at Insanity, it naturally gets easier as the game progresses, or Stasis is an awesome bonus power (though I've rarely been able to take full advantage of it).

Do you have Mordin yet?

I made the mistake of trying to get Grunt before getting Mordin. It was hard. I got through it, though.

They say that you can take the missions in any order you want but I think it's more like Mega Man where there's a certain order that makes it easier.

I only play on Insanity, BTW.
    Yup, though I didn't take him with me. Taking Jacob and Zaeed to get Grunt on Insanity is rather dumb as a soldier. Pull is mostly useless when everyone has shields, and concussive shots aren't much better.
    jacob is awesome on that mission

you know that part where there's a bunch of krogan all in a row? take mordin and jacob: incinerate, shoot off the last of the armor, PULL OFF THE CLIFF

REPEAT EIGHT TIMES

i love the krogan conga line

• Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    i don't like comedians who are too real

because when they get real i just end up wanting to argue with them

Me too! If you want to tell a joke with an absurd premise but it's funny, that's great! But if you want to make an observation with an absurd premise and I'm supposed to laugh just because of how true it is I want to respond... Negatively.

I'm with chu. So many people love Hicks that I watch his specials sometimes hoping it'll hit me right, but every time it's just flat.

And the whole taking metaphors literally thing just made me connect one of mt best friends from school and the many low-grade aspie tendencies he has: cannot follow a metaphor, great memory for facts, abrupt changes in conversation topic, and a bunch more. Funny.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    facebook has shown me that the kind of people who discuss whiskey on the internet generally also really enjoy taking their children hunting

these are the kind of people i should be acquainted with so that i can get liquor advice and free haunches of venison or whatever

I have no children and do not hunt, but I'll happily talk whisk(e)y on the internet.

I've got a copy of Whisky Advocate sitting on my desk at home right now!

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Organichu wrote:
    my tech-illiterate sister had me burn her two CDs (for her car) full of old school r and b. i almost felt like a robber baron when she gave me $20 for like, 35 minutes of work.

.... wat. Where does a newborn get $20 from?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm bad at social things I must be an aspie!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

Toddlers and Tiaras really sent the prostitot market through the roof

• Options
    emnmnme wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

...i don't have a newborn sister. your conception of my family tree is all wrong, em! it's all wrong!

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I play a lot of games on the highest difficulty.

Other games give me sufficient ammo to deal with my enemies, or ways that I can farm ammo, or ways I can progress while conserving ammo.

Giving you a finite amount of ammo and no way to circumvent fights is just bad design, IMO.

My main complaint is that ME1 had unlimited ammo but ME2 didn't, and I felt like (in the context of the ME franchise, where maps are largely linear) this was a bad idea.

Feral on

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

I cleared some viruses off a friend's laptop and she offered me €100... apparently the guy in the store was going to charge €150.

I settled for a coffee.

• Options
    Not all hardest difficulties are created equal.

Some games really want to rip your dick off and stomp on it.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Organichu wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

...i don't have a newborn sister. your conception of my family tree is all wrong, em! it's all wrong!

The only explanation for why a person in this day and age doesn't know how to burn a CD is because they were born yesterday.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    shalmelo wrote:

I have no children and do not hunt, but I'll happily talk whisk(e)y on the internet.

my problem even talking about it is that there isn't much variety around here, because Ontario has pretty draconian liquor laws. only the province can sell liquor, and they charge a price on top instead of tax.

this bottle of Van Winkle 12-year is about 40 dollars in the US, and it was 71.50 in Ontario.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Bioshock Infinity is going to have a 1999 mode outside of the normal difficulty settings. Basically a dick ripping simulator.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Not all hardest difficulties are created equal.

Some games really want to rip your dick off and stomp on it.

dark world cotton alley still gives me nightmares

• Options
    Elendil, you gave me some really good advice whenever I've complained about Mass Effect, though, just wanted to tell you that.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

The only explanation for why a person in this day and age doesn't know how to burn a CD is because they were born yesterday.

http://instantostrich.com/

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Bioshock Infinity is going to have a 1999 mode outside of the normal difficulty settings. Basically a dick ripping simulator.

I love Irrational games so much. So much.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    everybody say inimitable 3 times fast

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Gooey wrote:

I did it.

Now what.

• Options
    Gooey wrote:
    inimitableinimitableinimitable

• Options
    Gooey wrote:

idibitible

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

I did it.

Now what.

BURN, WITCH

*flamethrower*

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    I play a lot of games on the highest difficulty.

Other games give me sufficient ammo to deal with my enemies, or ways that I can farm ammo, or ways I can progress while conserving ammo.

Giving you a finite amount of ammo and no way to circumvent fights is just bad design, IMO.

My main complaint is that ME1 had unlimited ammo but ME2 didn't, and I felt like (in the context of the ME franchise, where maps are largely linear) this was a bad idea.
    Then I guess you need to shoot carefully or use your powers more.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote:

my problem even talking about it is that there isn't much variety around here, because Ontario has pretty draconian liquor laws. only the province can sell liquor, and they charge a price on top instead of tax.

this bottle of Van Winkle 12-year is about 40 dollars in the US, and it was 71.50 in Ontario.

At least you can find some Van Winkle - none of the liquor stores that I frequent in my area (Seattle) ever seem to have it in stock. Even the fancypants whiskey bar that I go to occasionally only ever seems to have the rye.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
This discussion has been closed.