Options

MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic

• Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    this is my battlefield avatar

L6v3L.png

• Options
    despite the "suggestive" nature, i found it cute! i don't even know who or what that puffball is supposed to be

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    my little serious army man

broken image link
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    my little serious army man

i'd play/watch that

e: aww i missed erasing a bit of pink. i'll have to edit that later.

mully on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    mully wrote: »
    i don't even know who or what that puffball is supposed to be

It's Fluffle Puff, from the hit Flash game, GO FAST.

• Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh my God yes! Of all the possible things that could happen, this is the Best! Possible! Thing!

"What's this?" the Hub says, "A challenge."

There is now a commercial out for the season finale episode.
    FXJsG.gif

Full video is here, but after that does anything else really matter?

Edit: Opps, missed that this was mentioned on the last page, sorry.

Bremen on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Bremen wrote: »
    Oh my God yes! Of all the possible things that could happen, this is the Best! Possible! Thing!

FXJsG.gif

did uh

did twilight shoot herself?

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    The only characters I could really buy being secretly royalty are Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, the former because she would never consider bringing it up to brag or gain an advantage, and the latter because she wouldn't really care about it and it could go some way towards explaining her rebellious and arrogant streaks.

not to mention it would explain how she got such a bitchin' cloud house on a weathergirl's salary

I'm still going with
    RD is a secret Pony Mafia Princess

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »

FXJsG.gif

did uh

did twilight shoot herself?
    Evil clones!

Video has four Rainbow Dashes menacing a Fluttershy, too.

• Options
    Perhaps. It could be pony-pretending-to-be-Twilight shooting Twilight. Or vice versa.

The full video provides all the context we have so far. Already posted it last page, too, but okay.

• Options
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Perhaps. It could be pony-pretending-to-be-Twilight shooting Twilight. Or vice versa.

The full video provides all the context we have so far. Already posted it last page, too, but okay.

Yep, caught it just after I posted; somehow managed to miss your post earlier.

• Options
    Wandering IdiotWandering Idiot Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    not to mention it would explain how she got such a bitchin' cloud house on a weathergirl's salary

I'm still going with
    RD is a secret Pony Mafia Princess

I'm pretty sure she would actually brag openly about that.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Those fluffy ponies just can't win.
    Break your space key here
    Capture.JPG

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Sure they can. They just have to hit 500 before Rainbow Dash.

Although I somehow got it to glitch out once and go right past the "win" condition. Got up to 3000 or so before letting RD catch up.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So "Fighting is Magic" is now cannon, hmm?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    so is there a way to win without ending up in space

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Evil clones!
    "I'm clone! I am attacking you!"

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

Yup. Rather than trying to get ahead, just try to keep up.

• Options
    edited March 2012

There are six outcomes.
    1. Rainbow Dash reaches the edge of the screen while Fluffle Puff's just skateboarding.
    2. Rainbow Dash reaches the edge of the screen while Fluffle Puff is propelled by fan and sail.
    3. Rainbow Dash reaches the edge of the screen while Fluffle Puff is propelled by the big fan.
    4. Rainbow Dash reaches the edge of the screen while Fluffle Puff is propelled by Cola Pony.
    5. Rainbow Dash reaches the edge of the screen while Fluffle Puff is propelled by rockets.
    6. The true ending: GO FAST

SabreMau on
  • Options

There are seven outcomes.
    1. Rainbow Dash reaches the edge of the screen while Fluffle Puff's just skateboarding.
    2. Rainbow Dash reaches the edge of the screen while Fluffle Puff is propelled by fan and sail.
    3. Rainbow Dash reaches the edge of the screen while Fluffle Puff is propelled by the big fan.
    4. Rainbow Dash reaches the edge of the screen while Fluffle Puff is propelled by Cola Pony.
    5. Fluffle Puff is too far ahead of Rainbow Dash when she becomes propelled by rockets.
    6. Rainbow Dash reaches the edge of the screen while Fluffle Puff is propelled by rockets.
    7. The true ending: GO FAST

• Options
    I don't remember that fifth one.

• Options
    That's the one where she ends up in space. Unless that's the same end as 6. I was never, ever behind Rainbow Dash when I got rockets.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, that's the #5 I had in my list. I intentionally slowed down at least once at each stage to see what happened. Fluffle Puff can never be too far ahead of Rainbow Dash without reaching 500 and winning. Rainbow Dash can be off-screen as far behind Fluffle as she wants, but the game doesn't end early unless Rainbow passes the edge of the screen in front of Fluffle.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Doubleposting because I just got home. And this is season finale synopsis.
    Ponyleaks wrote:
    Air dates:
    • S02E25: April 21, 2012, 17:00 UTC (1 p.m. EST) (time not confirmed)
    • S02E26: April 21, 2012, 17:30 UTC (1:30 p.m. EST) (time not confirmed)

Synopses:
    • “Not everything is rainbows and gumdrops in this two-part special that finds unicorn Twilight Sparkle digging up a wedding shocker as her brother Shining Armor prepares to get hitched.” (TV Guide)
    • A Canterlot Wedding – Part 1 (S02E25):
      • “Twilight's brother, Shining Armor, is marrying Princess Celestia’s niece, Cadence.” (Zap2it)
    • A Canterlot Wedding – Part 2 (S02E26):
      • “Twilight discovers a dark secret about Cadence right before the wedding.” (Zap2it)

Was sorta suspecting this, actually. Both episodes of the two-parter airing back-to-back with no "To be continued next week..." cliffhanger. Of course, that leaves April 14th as a rerun week.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, that's the #5 I had in my list. I intentionally slowed down at least once at each stage to see what happened. Fluffle Puff can never be too far ahead of Rainbow Dash without reaching 500 and winning. Rainbow Dash can be off-screen as far behind Fluffle as she wants, but the game doesn't end early unless Rainbow passes the edge of the screen in front of Fluffle.

Did for me. If I got too far ahead of Rainbow Dash and hit, I think it was, 350, I'd soar off into space. If RD wasn't at least visible on the screen, I couldn't even get to 500 no matter how far ahead I was.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hm, weird. Didn't for me. And I was mashing spacebar so hard I was GO FAST with RD waaay behind me.

Then again, it can be slightly buggy. I broke the counter once and kept on going until I stopped mashing spacebar.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    hold up! neice? so asuming that luna is her mother, or there another member of the royal family. i assume she want revenge on the bitch who inprisioned her mother on the fucking moon for a thouands of years. i say kill the bitch and her minions

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Doubleposting because I just got home. And this is season finale synopsis.
    Ponyleaks wrote:
    Air dates:
    • S02E25: April 21, 2012, 17:00 UTC (1 p.m. EST) (time not confirmed)
    • S02E26: April 21, 2012, 17:30 UTC (1:30 p.m. EST) (time not confirmed)

Synopses:
    • “Not everything is rainbows and gumdrops in this two-part special that finds unicorn Twilight Sparkle digging up a wedding shocker as her brother Shining Armor prepares to get hitched.” (TV Guide)
    • A Canterlot Wedding – Part 1 (S02E25):
      • “Twilight's brother, Shining Armor, is marrying Princess Celestia’s niece, Cadence.” (Zap2it)
    • A Canterlot Wedding – Part 2 (S02E26):
      • “Twilight discovers a dark secret about Cadence right before the wedding.” (Zap2it)

Was sorta suspecting this, actually. Both episodes of the two-parter airing back-to-back with no "To be continued next week..." cliffhanger. Of course, that leaves April 14th as a rerun week.
    Good find. I dunno how I feel about it not being a cliff hanger. On one hand it's great to just get it all at once, but then there's no suspense or excitement from waiting.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Well, what's confirmed is
    both parts on the same day. Zap2it doesn't list airtimes yet, so we're just assuming they're airing back-to-back. And not, say, the first half in the morning and the second half in prime time. They always air two MLP episodes back-to-back anyway with the second one being a rerun, so it fits. And the TV Guide piece said "this two-part special" and only listed 4/21 as the airdate, not 4/21 for "the first half of this two-part special". Also the Hub commercial only talks about it happening on one day, not two.

In non-spoilery news, I listened to the Rob Paulsen and Tara Strong podcast tonight. Amusing times.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Tara Strong is gonna be at the Emerald City Comic Con here in Seattle next weekend. To be honest, though, I'm more excited that also appearing are Billy West, Maurice LaMarche, and Kevin Conroy.

Tara will probably get mobbed, though.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Evil clones!
    "I'm clone! I am attacking you!"
    Probably some clone spell gone wrong, or this could be all Cadance's doing.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    oh dang, that's 4 of the best in the business

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Tara Strong is gonna be at the Emerald City Comic Con here in Seattle next weekend. To be honest, though, I'm more excited that also appearing are Billy West, Maurice LaMarche, and Kevin Conroy.

Tara will probably get mobbed, though.

The con Tara is going to in June only draws around a thousand people but the organizer is hoping her appearance will almost double that. I hope so considering he only charges 10 bucks total for both days and offers free parking.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    oh dang, that's 4 of the best in the business

They actually have quite a lineup of voice actors along with all their other guests.

Kevin Conroy
    John DiMaggio
    Jess Harnell
    Maurice LaMarche
    Rob Paulsen
    Tara Strong
    Billy West

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    thepizzaelementalthepizzaelemental Registered User regular
    The guy who drew Fluffle Puff also runs the Dan vs FiM tumblr, which is pretty hilarious.

http://dan-vs-fim.tumblr.com/

And as for the season finale:
    I'm still kind of baffled that they added another alicorn to the cast. I mean, based on what's been shown in the show, alicorns are kind of a BIG DEAL. Adding a new one that's just a cliche fairytale princess seems like it would undermine the idea of them being extremely rare and special, and marrying what would apparently be a "mortal" pony kind of raises more questions about pony lifespans. And she's a princess with a dark secret? So maybe she's not really an alicorn/princess? Or the whole princess thing is all just an act and she's really a more powerful goddess than Celestia and Luna combined but she's limiting herself to not draw attention from eldritch horrors from the outer darkness? Or maybe this will be the episode where Twilight Sparkle learns alicorns are born through an ascension ritual and Celestia has been grooming her as the next princess since the very beginning.

MH3: B77AE9 - Natou
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    So, is it one hour or two hours to the next episode?

Also, when does the US switch to daylight savings?

• Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

We already did

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

One hour.

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Personface wrote: »
    What is today's episode slated to be?
    Hurricane Fluttershy, something about a cyclone and pegasus ponies controlling it for some reason that I can't remember.

Blendtec on
This discussion has been closed.