As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: Great King Caravella won't leave you indifferent. So that just happened.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I bought persona 3 portable a few weeks ago at $40 and they just cut the price to $20. Clearly I am the king of timing

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I bought one of the old 360s to replace my faulty original a day before the S models were announced (and the old models got major price cuts).

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    If you haven't played Persona 3 yet and you have a PS3, here's your opportunity.
    Persona 3: FES will arrive on the U.S. PlayStation Store as a PS2 Classic next Tuesday, April 10, for $9.99, the latest PlayStation Blogcast has revealed.

Oh, that's kind of awesome and very tempting. Hmm.

Do it. It's 80-100 hours of one of the best RPGs on the PS2 for 10 bucks. Totally worth it.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh I know it's supposed to be awesome

but I also have approximately ten billion other games to play

adding another game onto that list doesn't seem to be the wisest decision

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ridge Racer Unbounded is pretty fun, I am enjoying the track builder.

Especially when I realised that there are loops and half pipes.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I will never play Persona 3. It scares me a lot. The one cutscene I saw was someone actually shooting themselves in the head which I presume was a bullet and not an evoker and their blood was all glugging out and now i wanna die

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Jesus, brad can sing

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I will never play Persona 3. It scares me a lot. The one cutscene I saw was someone actually shooting themselves in the head which I presume was a bullet and not an evoker and their blood was all glugging out and now i wanna die

I can tell you that was not the case. That was an evoker.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    persona 3 is an anthology of brief, sad short stories of various teenagers losing the struggle against depression

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    the rpg stuff is a misconception

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    also at the end of the game you kill yourself

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I had Hot In Here stuck in my head the entire day at work on Friday

But not Nelly's

Brad Shoemaker's rendition

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Persona 3 portable is great gameplay wise but the lack of cutscenes or actually moving around the world is weird.

I mean it isn't terrible, but I really can't wait for persons 4 vita

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    The fake persona 5 ost has gotten me crazy hyped, even if it's not the actual soundtrack that shit is good. Soul check being the best obviously

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    The fake persona 5 ost has gotten me crazy hyped, even if it's not the actual soundtrack that shit is good. Soul check being the best obviously

Persona 5 has apparently been in development since at least August 2011, so there should be a reveal sometime soon.

• Options
    I wonder what the theme will be, I'm already accustOmed to black/white

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Persona 4 was announced like 4 months before it came out, right?

They keep that shit tight.

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    blakeblake Registered User regular
    Man. Patrick spent 5 minutes of a quick look spinning around while explaining the game.

What kind of bees make milk?
    Boobees!
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    Patrick is still learning how to actually play the game when seriously explaining the basics of it at the beginning. Just about every quick look I've watched that he's controlling it's just him running randomly around while he describes what the game is for the first 5-10 minutes. Then it's usually fine.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    It bugs me when they stand still or do nothing at the main menu during a quick look. It's usually not a problem (except for QL EX's), but the Xenoblade video should have been longer. < 30 minutes for a game that big seems uncommon for them.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Well, they have to leave the next day for PAX, but I agree with you that I would have liked the QL to have been longer.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    yeah usually the games are a lot shorter but the quicklooks are longer.

Weird that the game where showing hours and hours would not even scratch the surface of the game was so brief.

I guess it is because they were so busy and leaving for PAX east. Would have been cool if they'd waited til next week. It looked like there were still a ton of gameplay systems left unexplored.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    The only thing they didn't show was a real cutscene. If they had gotten to the tentacle thing that would have been a great ending to the quicklook.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    I totally understand why it was so short.

I just want to see more xenostuff

• Options
    xenojunk

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Show me your xenojunk

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I've heard so much good stuff about the game that I'm tempted to buy a used Wii to play it. However, I have a ton of other stuff to play already, and spending $120-150 to play a single game seems a silly way to spend money.

Cormac on
  • Options
    you are underestimating how rad xenoblade is

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Well that money could be going towards a 55" plasma TV because I really need a TV before I buy another console and game.

• Options
    just put the cables on your tongue, same effect

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I got a laugh out of Jeff and a smile and fistbump out of Ryan, so tonight was pretty successful.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    nice!

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Jeff's write up of Boarderlands two is wonderful.

• Options
    It really is.

And now my expectations for that game unreasonably involve Gearbox seeing that article and adding in a dating sim.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I enjoyed the jab at AC Revelations

At least I think it was a jab at AC Revelations

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hahaha. I just listened to the end of the bombcast for Nov 22, 2011 and found the tweet Patrick was talking about.

(NSFW)

Basically, Patrick picks up a free work of Mega Man pixel art off the street by people who are going to throw it out, but he doesn't realize that this piece is quite special, even after he tweets it.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    blue/dick colorblind

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ohhhh maaan

• Options
    pfffaha

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Oh man the PAX panel was the best thing ever.

This discussion has been closed.