Options

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    Thunder dome is actually the name of my PC.I just wanted to play some games with you guys. What you thought I wanted to fight to the death?

I mean I would.work has gotten me some aggression I need to let out and I haven't worn my Tina Turner mad Max outfit in a long time

It was a pun. I'll play with you man.

• Options
    What Is Schwa?What Is Schwa? Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Edit: Given away to an outstanding member of the Adventure team, Battletoad!

I have a copy of BF3 I'd like to give away. It is an origin code, so I can't use steamgifts. However, I would like to give it to one of the fine chaps in the give away club. Contact me on steam, please.

What Is Schwa? on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Thunder dome is actually the name of my PC.I just wanted to play some games with you guys. What you thought I wanted to fight to the death?

I mean I would.work has gotten me some aggression I need to let out and I haven't worn my Tina Turner[/] mad Max outfit in a long time
    Kadoken wrote: »

I mean I would.work has gotten me some aggression I need to let out and I haven't worn my Tina Turner mad Max outfit in a long time

It was a pun. I'll play with you man.

I was aware :)

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I'm eyeing Rift to soothe my WoW needing addiction. Is it worth the $5 bucks? Because in all honesty im just going to PVP for a good month in the game and when my free sub is up im done.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Oh, SR3 you tempt me so with your low, low prices. I don't know if I can resist this weekend.

And I shall try and make it for some Space Marine tonight. I am bloody awful at the deathmatch, but I'm okay once you get an HB in my hands in Extermination.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Yikes! Saints Row 2 is bigger than I thought at 11 GB. Not that it's a big deal, but my hard disk space is quickly dwindling away.

• Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh shit.

Rayman Origins demo is up on Steam and is available to pre-order with a copy of Rayman 2 thrown in.

*edit* In my haste to post I probably didn't notice this has already been mentioned.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    For those picking up Saint's Row 2. Don't forget about the Gentlemen of the Row mod to make it a less shitty console port.

Made by our very own IdolNinja. Its in the 2nd post of the SR3 thread but here's the write up.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715922

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    For those picking up Saint's Row 2. Don't forget about the Gentlemen of the Row mod to make it a less shitty console port.

Made by our very own IdolNinja. Its in the 2nd post of the SR3 thread but here's the write up.

Thanks for linking that; I was going to go searching for it, but this made it easy to bookmark. :)

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    I have a dilemma. This is my first gaming PC and I've had it for a year, so I need help with this.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/29/pinball-fx-2-included-in-windows-8-consumer-preview/

Zen motherfucking Pinball is finally coming to PC. This was the one thing preventing me from laying console gaming to rest. But for Windows 8? What kind of support does Steam, Blizzard's lineup (SC2 and Diablo 3) and Origin have for Windows 8? Spring Break starts tomorrow and I would be willing to consider making the conversion because I have a 500 gig external drive for a good majority of my titles and albums, but switching to a trial of Windows 8 is quite the commitment. My PC is not a workstation this semester, so I have no problem doing this.

And what is the nature of moving my Steam games onto a drive so that I don't have to redownload gigs and gigs of installation files?

The Steam move is incredibly easy. Just re-install Steam, move the old steamapps folder to the new location, start up Steam, all is good. At the most, the first time you run a game it will reinstall VC++.

As for whether or not Windows 8 is compatible with everything, the technical answer is "maybe" while the real answer is "you're probably not going to have any problems." While there is always the chance it won't work, Windows 8 is an upgraded Windows 7 framework, so realisticaly everything should work fine.

I trimmed my Steamapps folder to 185 GB, leaving plenty of room for my music and Origins games, as well as my SC2 Installer. By moving this folder do I keep my saves? I still need to beat Torchlight.

Saves can be trickier because they may be stored in the Steamapps folder, and BOTH AppData folder, the My Games folder, or the My Documents folder. The only surefire way to be sure is to check every one that doesn't have cloud sync.

just added the other AppData cuz it can be in local or roaming, depending on the game.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Saves can be trickier because they may be stored in the Steamapps folder, and BOTH AppData folder, the My Games folder, or the My Documents folder. The only surefire way to be sure is to check every one that doesn't have cloud sync.

just added the other AppData cuz it can be in local or roaming, depending on the game.

Don't forget the folder userdata from steam and a few games can even make up weird locations for saves.
    And the obligatory link: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/23/stop-it-put-save-games-in-one-place/

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Riokenn wrote: »
    I'm eyeing Rift to soothe my WoW needing addiction. Is it worth the $5 bucks? Because in all honesty im just going to PVP for a good month in the game and when my free sub is up im done.

At low levels I couldn't get into it. The game seems like it might have some depth, but at low levels every screams "generic." Like you have all these neat options for essentially creating your own class from different talent trees, but most of the low level skills are fairly similar to eachother so that no one tree is completely useless solo at the start. Graphically the game is competent, but everything seemed really blurry and the art style didn't have a unique identity (I feel the same way about Kingdoms of Amalur).

Also if PvP is your focus, be aware that low level PvP is largely dominated by PvE gear. Only two peices of PvP gear are available at level 10, so people grind out Rifts and Invasions (events akin to public quests) in order to get enough PvE currency to supplement the PvP gear.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Guys guys. I've forgotten HOW AWESOME Civ IV is. Civ V is ok and all, but Civ IV is what happens when you take a brilliant concept, and polish it to all get out. I LOVE THIS GAME.

Thanks again to @Prisca for the coupon. :D

• Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, Civ IV is an incredible game, especially with the BUG mod. It's amazing how much you can squeeze out of it if you really dive in and get your hands dirty. I feel like it's got a kinship with games like chess or go or something - you can learn the rules and play at a very surface level without much trouble, but there's an entire universe of complexity underneath waiting to be discovered if you're motivated to do so.

Civ V is finally halfway-decent after all the patching they've done to it, but I don't feel like it'll ever achieve the same heights as IV. It's just a fundamentally different game.

Supraluminal on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    It's so sad to see my inventory devoid of coupons.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Mine are still showing up in my inventory.

That's gonna get annoying if they don't go away.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Mine are still showing up in my inventory.

That's gonna get annoying if they don't go away.

Mine were still there when I got home from work, but were gone after returning from dinner.

• Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular

Don't forget to shoot me a PM as well for an invite to the Penny Arcade Saints Row steam group for both SR2 and SR3. I'm also happy to give any PA'er a hand with troubleshooting the game or mod either via PM or on Steam. :)

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I'm thinking about grabbing SR2, but so many games in the backlog already AND I finally got a dota 2 invite today.
    when would I ever have time to play it?

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    IdolNinja wrote: »

Don't forget to shoot me a PM as well for an invite to the Penny Arcade Saints Row steam group for both SR2 and SR3. I'm also happy to give any PA'er a hand with troubleshooting the game or mod either via PM or on Steam. :)

It's true too, he helps the helpless (Me).

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    My backlog is getting smaller! What is this?! Nyxquest was short, really short, like "hour and a half" short. :(

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Once again thanks to @Cantido and @pslong9 for the offer of Magicka. I just tried out the demo, which crashed and burned magnificently. But class on you classy buggers anyway!

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Anyone else unable to connect to steam?

Nevermind, wont connect for over half an hour. Make a post about it? Connects as soon as I post.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Wow. I really want this Vessel game.

Rootin' for an indie bundle appearance!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Looks like Two Worlds 2 has an unmentioned sale. 50 percent off, so is all the DLC.

• Options
    PeteRoseHairPeteRoseHair Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh man.

OH MAN. I asked whether I should pick up Dungeon Defenders or Fortune Summoners this weekend.

And do you know what happened? DO YOU KNOW?

That wily @busfahrer went right ahead and gifted me Dungeon Defenders! You are an awesome dude and a classy gent. I looked into the eyes of your icon and
    busfahrer.jpg

PeteRoseHair on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I'd totally buy Saint's Row 2 but my laptop can't run it. One of these days, I'll have to take my friend up on his offer to build a actual gaming computer.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Really impressed with the Rayman Origin demo. Works flawlessly on my ancient machine with no tweaking. Was figuring it was a maybe at best.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Looks like Two Worlds 2 has an unmentioned sale. 50 percent off, so is all the DLC.

I just saw Two Worlds 2 today at a Five Below for 5 bucks. Almost picked it up.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I'd totally buy Saint's Row 2 but my laptop can't run it. One of these days, I'll have to take my friend up on his offer to build a actual gaming computer.

You dont need a gaming computer for saints row 2, any last generation dual core should be fine. On an i3 530 you actually need to download a mod to slow it down

• Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular

You dont need a gaming computer for saints row 2, any last generation dual core should be fine. On an i3 530 you actually need to download a mod to slow it down

A lot of laptops have 5400 rpm green drives though, so be careful. Anything below 7500rpm and the game is pretty much fucked, due to the idiotic way the engine streams data from the hdd into memory.

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Anyone pick up Red Faction Armageddon for 5 bucks on the Amazon sale? Totally activates in steam, and now I want some folks to play MP survival/destruction with me. ;)

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I just had my second dialog battle that moved me. The one with your friend in the police station....is it all this good? Because this is the first game I've played in a .....this is the first game I've every played where I want to explore every dialog option....I may never beat it.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »

You could always try the Free version, which is levels 1-20 for free before shelling any money out. It's got a few restrictions to fight spammers (like you can't send mail or post things to the AH), and a few caps on how much currency you can have or what zones you can travel to, but should give you a pretty good taste.

I've got three MMO subscriptions ATM: WoW, SWTOR and Rift. Rift's the only one out of the three I've actually been actively playing lately since I actually dig it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »
    How's everyone else doing with backlog clearance?

I'm pretty happy with how I'm progressing. After I wrapped up Skyrim I knocked out Uncharted 3 for the PS3 then Steamed my way through Sonic Generations and DNF after getting bored with Terraria. So ummm 5 down and around 30 to go.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Rhiley wrote: »

I'm pretty happy with how I'm progressing. After I wrapped up Skyrim I knocked out Uncharted 3 for the PS3 then Steamed my way through Sonic Generations and DNF after getting bored with Terraria. So ummm 5 down and around 30 to go.

I think for every single game I complete three more get added to my backlog. Damn Steam/Amazon/Greenman sales.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Rhiley wrote: »

I gave up. Working on books and comics instead. Changing moods and all that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I bought a new hand held. That way the back log is small. ha ha ha.

I may need help.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've dealt with my backlog by....preordering Overgrowth and playing around with the alpha, and then getting back into Dwarf Fortress.

No love for my Steam library right now it seems.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I like to think of it as diversifying your backlog portfolio across platforms.

This discussion has been closed.