As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Rock could tell the crowd to chant "I'm dumb" and they'd do it. They don't need to pipe shit in.

Loved Cena referencing the Rock's streudel or whatever he's calling his penis now.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    can't wait until the inevitable THE ROCK'S STILL SO FUCKING GREAT ON THE MIC, OH GREAT HERE COMES JOHN THE SNORE CENA ARGH post from cageside seats

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    PG left the building, screaming.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Why won't this end

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    eddizhere wrote: »
    "Missing Balls" chant is great. They have to be piping this shit in.

How can they pipe in a chant that's never been chanted before?

Really? Man, how bad do you guys want to believe that everything you see and hear on Raw is real.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    god fucking damn it

can't believe the rock managed to turn me against him in under a year

just...fuck pro wrestling, man

fuck it

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i heard that the rock

and dwayne johnson

dwayne johnson

and the rock

are.....the same person???

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Triple B wrote: »

Really? Man, how bad do you guys want to believe that everything you see and hear on Raw is real.

Missing Balls is a chant that has literally never been done before.

Hard to pipe in a chant that has never been done before.

THANK GOD THIS IS OVER

pipe that in

• Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    As others have said, I'm now officially in Cena's camp.

The Rock's promos weren't always that bad were they?

They really really were. I've never liked the guy, and like him a lot less since his return, but this is "the Rock" that everyone loves so much. Hell he's actually a tad bit better than he was if you ask me.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

That didn't answer my question. Portland hasn't had Raw in a LONG time and they're usually a hot crowd. Not saying it isn't possible but I ask again, how do they pipe in a chant that's never been chanted before?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one that really wants Austin to show up for one of these and rip both of them a new one?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Conspiracy theorists are awesome

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I hope that's not true, because I don't like the one in there.

• Options
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that really wants Austin to show up for one of these and rip both of them a new one?

yes, what the wwe needs is more dudes from the attitude era to come out and shit on people

• Options
    god fucking damn it

fuck it

Seriously. I don't know what's worse, the fact that this is making me boo the Rock of all people, or the fact that this is making me cheer Cena.

• Options

THANK GOD THIS IS OVER

pipe that in

I'm not sure if I'm being trolled or

I mean you really think they're above having a group of people record chants in a studio for playing during shows

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Dogbone33 wrote:

He'd probably talk about twitter too.

• Options

That didn't answer my question. Portland hasn't had Raw in a LONG time and they're usually a hot crowd. Not saying it isn't possible but I ask again, how do they pipe in a chant that's never been chanted before?

are you aware of the existence of recording studios

note: I am not saying that's what happened

• Options

yes, what the wwe needs is more dudes from the attitude era to come out and shit on people

Obligatory "Shawn's back next week" post

this can still happen

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh god, why
    As others have said, I'm now officially in Cena's camp.

The Rock's promos weren't always that bad were they?

Rock promo's have been a lot of catchphrase creation and "I'm the most electrifying man in all of entertainment" while Cena's have been more "Ok, that's great, but I'm still going to beat you the fuck up."

Which honestly is exactly the way this thing should be playing out. Ever since Cena ditched the jilted lover routine he's been pretty on fire.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

electroma-newspaper4-16-50pc.jpg

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    god fucking damn it

fuck it

Seriously. I don't know what's worse, the fact that this is making me boo the Rock of all people, or the fact that this is making me cheer Cena.

That's probably the plan to be honest. At least I'd think WWE wants that to happen.

Like I said Raw had some good wrestling and storyline advancement but I can why most would hate the ending promo. But I'm pretty sure the ratings will be really good and that's all that matters.

• Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular

I don't really think they're piping it in, I'm just so astounded that this crowd is chanting literally anything and everything that I feel some technical wizardry has to be taking place.

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options

this can still happen

well shawn only comes back to yell at his buddies, anymore

and fuck, triple h and undertaker could use the help

• Options

THANK GOD THIS IS OVER

pipe that in

I'm not sure if I'm being trolled or

I mean you really think they're above having a group of people record chants in a studio for playing during shows

This is like saying TNA fans really don't chant "THIS IS AWESOME"

Believe me

TNA fans are that annoying and stupid

Don't act like WWE fans aren't

Don't act like a good percentage of sports fans aren't

• Options
    Yeah, you guys are like cynical level 100

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular

this can still happen

Speaking about that, we're all in agreement that he's going to special referee HHH/Undies match right?

Which just seems like damn, why blow that type of load on an already stacked Wrestlemania?

• Options

So I am then? That is fine I can live with that.

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    It's not like last year with HHH vs. Taker, where they did crotch-chop/throat cut for like a month straight then Shawn had to come back and essentially sell their match for them. They've actually done a fine job of selling it this year on their own.

• Options

this can still happen

Speaking about that, we're all in agreement that he's going to special referee HHH/Undies match right?

Which just seems like damn, why blow that type of load on an already stacked Wrestlemania?

would be better to have mick foley do that

get him on the card with a match he made famous with two of the dudes he had his most memorable matches with, and also he doesn't have to do shit but count one two three

• Options

this can still happen

Mick Foley might be the guest ref.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Goose! wrote: »
    Conspiracy theorists are awesome

Conspiracy theorists.

Really.

"Wrestling exaggerates and fabricates shit to make the show look more like a show" is on the same level as "aliens kidnapped JFK" or some shit.

Really.

Starting to feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here, so I'll just say that I can't believe I'm rooting for Cena and I love that he pointed out the notes scribbled on Rock's wrist.

Triple B on
  • Options

I don't really think they're piping it in, I'm just so astounded that this crowd is chanting literally anything and everything that I feel some technical wizardry has to be taking place.

It's the Rock. People will chant anything he wants them to chant. Shit, he's had that ability since he became the Rock in 98.

It's like Austin and the WHATs.

this can still happen

I doubt that

Shit, it's already Hell in a Cell between two old guys. They already want to give it more than half an hour. It'll already be a mass clusterfuck if even one thing screws up. They don't need any more fuckups.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Seriously even if most here hated the Cena/Rock promo it had to happen to help build the feud.

SarcasmoBlaster put it best a few post up with "Rock is cutting his usual promos while Cena is actually taking the whole thing seriously and points out the flaws of Rock's character". And the fans STILL cheer Rock over Cena.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    Or Cena could spend the next weeks burying dwayne like he was HHH vs a group of FCW guys on live tv. Either or.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Why would WWE pipe in half hearted chants? Have you seen Smackdown? I don't think anybody on the production team knows what restraint is.

If they had somehow spliced together chants for "we will miss you" and chants for Balls Mahoney they would have layered some hairdryer over it and blasted that shit at maximum volume.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yep. I'm out. No more reading this thread. The bullshit WWE keeps pulling isn't half as bad as reading you muppets piss and moan about it, and then at each other.

• Options
    Or Cena could spend the next weeks burying dwayne like he was HHH vs a group of FCW guys on live tv. Either or.

That part where DX stuffed the Spirit Squad into a box that they then labeled MAILTO: FCW or something years ago was funny.

Not as funny as Shawn superkicking that one guy backstage and his papers flew everywhere.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular

That part where DX stuffed the Spirit Squad into a box that they then labeled MAILTO: FCW or something years ago was funny.

Not as funny as Shawn superkicking that one guy backstage and his papers flew everywhere.

HE JUST KICKED STAN

This discussion has been closed.