As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Latest episode
    5 seconds of Ghost on screen made me so happy. We need more of him.

Tyrion continues to be the bossest.

Gendry and Arya were adorable.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    did anyone else feel like this episode had a lot more changes from the books than the other episodes?

not like making subtle things more explicit, but straight up alterations

like obviously they can't keep everything the same but this episode just felt like the concentration of changes was higher than normal

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Well. I don't know about just the latest episode, but Ros is driving me up the fuckin wall

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Show Littlefinger needs to grow out his stache so he can twirl it menacingly.

So hamfisted.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    did anyone else feel like this episode had a lot more changes from the books than the other episodes?

not like making subtle things more explicit, but straight up alterations

like obviously they can't keep everything the same but this episode just felt like the concentration of changes was higher than normal

Definitely did, but I've been over em'. Most of em' were the cutting of very minor characters, so I can live with that.

Book Spoilers
    Then it'll turn out Princess Shireen is key to everything!

They'll replace her role in stopping the apocalypse with Ros.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Ros turns out to be Rhaenys Targaryen

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Is Ros the new meme now

Do we hate her more or less than the Batista/Laguerta stuff from Dexter

I need Internet consensus

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Can't believe I was mispronouncing Damphair all this time, just found out from a GRRM interview that it's Damp-hair... exactly like it's spelled. Stupid me.

Also, they better not cut out Cleftjaw. I guess we'll find out next episode.

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Can't believe I was mispronouncing Damphair all this time, just found out from a GRRM interview that it's Damp-hair... exactly like it's spelled. Stupid me.

Also, they better not cut out Cleftjaw. I guess we'll find out next episode.

I hope not, he was awesome. And looking at the episode titles...

Book Two Spoilers
    It looks like we're going ahead with the whole "Theon takes over Winterfell" thing this season... which means they probably just outright cut the Reeds from the show. Thinking Osha gets the expanded role, taking over for Jojen at least... and Bran just doesn't get to wish his dick worked.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Ros is fine, and will probably be necessary to flesh out a few other characters that TV viewers may not be as familiar with.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Littlefinger wiped cum off the mouth of one of his whores. He's the worst character on the damn show right now, which he shouldn't be at all. Also, "I keep on paddling" is not a very good threat. Otherwise, I liked the ep.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    yeah, but he did so, just so she could turn around and deep kiss an annoying customer

which made me giggle

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    hmm I'm watching episode 2 of season 2
    They put the Gold Cloaks coming for the Bull pretty early

and did any of the Blood Riders get killed? I thought they all made it to Mareen with Dany

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Ah ha ha ha
    Fish Pie

• Options
    Yeah the cum wipe was disgusting.

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    I let out an audible "whoo!" when Pyke came up in the opening credits.

Also, Yoren is a badass.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    so I guess Stannis
    Has no daughter in the show?

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    It appears that way.

• Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I won't lie, Littlefinger's talk with Ros didn't bother me; but everything else in that scene did. There was literally no reason for any of it to be in there.
    Ditto for the scene with Theon beforehand...I'm sure they could've found a way to work in that exposition without a gross sex scene.

Especially that.

Nechriah on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    also what was the point of the scene with Theon and whatsherface on the boat

i get that it was in the book but if you're looking for irrelevant scenes to cut that's got to be at the top of the list

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Nechriah wrote: »
    I won't lie, Littlefinger's talk with Ros didn't bother me; but everything else in that scene did. There was literally no reason for any of it to be in there.
    Ditto for the scene with Theon beforehand...I'm sure they could've found a way to work in that exposition without a gross sex scene.

Especially that.
    The Theon scene is ripped straight from the books

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Well, see the gross sex scene was actually part of the book. Basically
    Up to this point Theon was kind of a dick to John, but like a bro to the other Starks. Now we get to see that oh, no hes actually nothing like any of the Starks, and is a complete dick

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    but the scene with Asha establishes that, so the boat scene is redundant

• Options
    The boat scene is also important in that
    it shows just how highly Theon thinks of himself and his position as Balon's only living son. He talks about how all these important people will be there to welcome him, and how nothing important has happened on the Iron Islands since he was taken north, and then oops no one is there and no one cares. That slap of reality is pretty important to his character, I think.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Huh. I've read all the books multiple times and I have no recollection of that scene. And I usually remember all kinds of pointless little details, like all the heraldic junk.
    I mean, I guess it's important to establish Theon's a big ol' jerkface for the people watching who haven't read the books...I just really felt like they went overboard with the pointless, nasty sex this episode. They could've shown Theon being terrible in some other capacity.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Holy crap
    Where did it mention Sir Loras and Renly were lovers in the books?

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Holy crap
    Where did it mention Sir Loras and Renly were lovers in the books?

It was implied several times
    They spent all night "praying together alone
    When Renly dies Loras talks about beauty being gone from the world
    Someone says something about sticking his sword in the hole Renly didn't find

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Was not expecting that.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I thought the Theon sexscene was serviceable. It could have been done some other way, but this was adequate.

I am one hundred percent certain Stannis Baratheon plays with his miniatures once everyone has left the room. The table compels him.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I thought the Theon sexscene was serviceable. It could have been done some other way, but this was adequate.

I am one hundred percent certain Stannis Baratheon plays with his miniatures once everyone has left the room. The table compels him.

It compels us all.

Also, yes, the Theon scene was acceptable. The Roz scene? Oh look, a GNDN scene with Roz. Again. I'm shocked.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I haven't checked other sites but I think if we get another useless Ros scene next episode people will be pretty pissed.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    I haven't checked other sites but I think if we get another useless Ros scene next episode people will be pretty pissed.

Highlighted for emphasis. I don't mind Roz scenes when they're not a waste of time. First ep this season? Very neat way to start the atrocity small and then reveal the full scale of it all. You could make the case for a couple of the other scenes, maybe, but they're weak ones. They only exist, in my mind, so that we have a viewpoint for when Barra is murdered, but why couldn't that use the Law & Order cold open method of unnamed-characters-who-happen-to-be-in-the-area?

And then this last episode...okay I'll shut up now.

Just...a point, that's all I want. If there is a point, it's either not there or it was so tiny it went straight through my skin, skull, brain, and out the other side and I didn't even notice.

• Options
    I mean, Littlefinger doesn't get much "screen time" in Clash of Kings, and the stuff he does get up to they can't really show yet.

Littlefinger Clash of Kings stuff:
    He basically does two things in this book: Broker a Lannister-Tyrell alliance, and contact Sansa via Ser Dontos, and both of those things are done "off screen."

I figure the producers and writers feel "How to Run a Brothel 101, Presented By Littlefinger and Ros" is better than having the character do a bunch of nothing for long stretches of the season.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Peter Ebel wrote: »

I can picture him making all the appropriate sounds as he moves the units too.

• Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    Screw you guys, I liked the Roz scene. It made Littlefinger into more than just someone with whores and money. Of course, the actor scores points in my book too.

Or maybe I just have a Littlefinger crush.

• Options
    "pyoo pyoo! buuuurrrrssssh!"

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Ladai wrote: »
    "pyoo pyoo! buuuurrrrssssh!"

*whatever the onamatopeia for tiny horsies galloping is*

*in a high, squeaky voice* "Charrrge."

And then, after making double-sure no one can see him, he cries a single tear, which falls on the table. "Battle called on account of rain," he mumbles.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I didn't like the lead-in to the Ros and Littlefinger scene, but I thought the scene itself was good. And she was a perfect viewpoint to use to let the audience see the baby-killing in the first episode, anyone complaining about that is just being a "Everything Must Match the Books Exactly!" pootyhead.

Cersei and Robert's scene last season was GNDN, and it was excellent. There are other measures of quality for a scene than its utility to the plot.

Back in season 1 I hadn't liked Theon's sex scene, but oddly now that he's had another, and then what we find out about his relationship with his family, it actually worked pretty well for explaining the kids issues. I certainly have more sympathy and understanding for him at this point in the TV story than I ever had for him through most of the book series.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    They also made Sansa an even bigger bitch than the books, which is astounding considering. (I'm on episode 6)

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    They also made Sansa an even bigger bitch than the books, which is astounding considering. (I'm on episode 6)

I am curious how you came to this conclusion

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.