As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    Comradebot wrote: »
    So, I continued my mission to try and get my girlfriend into Game of Thrones last night. We watched the fourth and fifth episodes ("Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things" and "The Wolf and The Lion")... and I'm happy to say she's most certainly enjoying it at this point. No fan of White Walkers and gratuitous violence, but she has a weakness for giant puppies and loveable/hateable characters.

Anywho, final scene of "The Wolf and The Lion" is the epic swordfight between Jaime and Ned, which is one of the best things ( at least in my opinion) that they did better than in the books. Then, Ned gets stabbed with a spear. She jumps up and goes "Oh my god, where did they just stab him?!" I said "Just the back of the leg". She gave a sigh of relief and replied, "Oh, okay... I was about to say, there's no way they're going to kill him off."

I... I wanted to laugh and/or cry. I felt absolutely fucking awful at that point, because not long after I've realized she's actually getting really and truly invested in the series, I then realize what I've truly done.

On the plus side, she expressed a strong desire to see Viserys die. Good news, my love, episode six is "A Golden Crown"... for king...

please keep us up to date on her reactions

Please video her reactions for youtube.

10 million views.

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    So, I continued my mission to try and get my girlfriend into Game of Thrones last night. We watched the fourth and fifth episodes ("Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things" and "The Wolf and The Lion")... and I'm happy to say she's most certainly enjoying it at this point. No fan of White Walkers and gratuitous violence, but she has a weakness for giant puppies and loveable/hateable characters.

Anywho, final scene of "The Wolf and The Lion" is the epic swordfight between Jaime and Ned, which is one of the best things ( at least in my opinion) that they did better than in the books. Then, Ned gets stabbed with a spear. She jumps up and goes "Oh my god, where did they just stab him?!" I said "Just the back of the leg". She gave a sigh of relief and replied, "Oh, okay... I was about to say, there's no way they're going to kill him off."

I... I wanted to laugh and/or cry. I felt absolutely fucking awful at that point, because not long after I've realized she's actually getting really and truly invested in the series, I then realize what I've truly done.

On the plus side, she expressed a strong desire to see Viserys die. Good news, my love, episode six is "A Golden Crown"... for king...

10 million views.

Please, she hates me trying to snap a picture of her... somehow, I think she'd avoid me for a week if I tried to film her.

Oh well, her shyness just means she'll never be a Youtube star.

• Options
    JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular

10 million views.

Please, she hates me trying to snap a picture of her... somehow, I think she'd avoid me for a week if I tried to film her.

Oh well, her shyness just means she'll never be a Youtube star.

Film her reaction to eel-dicks. You know you want to.

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    "Woman breaks up with boyfriend because of Ned Stark's fate".

I can see it happen.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    "Woman breaks up with boyfriend because of Ned Stark's fate".

I can see it happen.

And lose her one way to watch new episodes of True Blood? Doubtful. :p

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Hey is anybody down for playing some Game of thrones? It's so much more fun when the turns go fast.

• Options
    Yes, yes, start a game and I will join.

Then I will lose.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Hey is anybody down for playing some Game of thrones? It's so much more fun when the turns go fast.

How do I do this?

• Options
    Go here.
    http://sovereign.public.is/

The game name is a Dance of Dongs 2

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    I joineeeed

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    I'm in.

Dibs on losing first.

• Options
    Okay, just need 2 more people to hop in.

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    I'm joining.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    i have no clue what im doing here btw

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    i have no clue what im doing here btw

Neither do I.

I tried joining one public game, and that was like, five years ago, so far there's been two turns.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Minor book 3/7 Spoiler:
    The Greatjon is still being held captive and his son has been killed, so I fully expect him to go apeshit at some point.

Fuck yes.

Someone check!
    Is the giant on Umber's banner green?

The Greatjon is not a jolly motherfucker if that's what you're after.

No no. Although he is, when he's not drunk and angry.
    GREATJON SMASH

• Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular

I was just talking about a Game of Thrones fighting game the other night (Super Stark Fighter).

You know those bonus levels where you beat up a car?

In this game, you slap the shit out of Joffy B.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Skullo wrote: »

I was just talking about a Game of Thrones fighting game the other night (Super Stark Fighter).

You know those bonus levels where you beat up a car?

In this game, you slap the shit out of Joffy B.

It would sell more than Super Mario 3.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I joined> I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    I'm in.

Dibs on losing first.

annnd I get Stark.

Perfect. 8-)

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I am a rose. I am prepared to wilt.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Can anyone do this now, I am ready.

• Options
    Okay we're started! The goal is to try and get 7 castles in 10 rounds. You take areas by moving to them. If another player is already on it you have to fight them for it.

The more grain you have the more armies and the bigger e armies you are allowed to have.
    Influence tokens are used to bid on position, pay to make a soldiers/boats, and use to hold. A piece of land without keeping a solider there.

If you have a ship in a sea between to land masses, you can have your men move to landmasses are next to that sea.

• Options
    Damn it I didn't see the game name you mentioned

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Looking at that fighting game art, all I can think is

Storm of Swords stuff:
    ROBB, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITHOUT YOUR DIREWOLF?

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Anybody wanna play that didn't find the first game?

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Anybody wanna play that didn't find the first game?

I ain't got no problem playing in several games if you don't have enough people for a second full one.

• Options
    I have decided to watch playoff hockey instead

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    Ice was never mentioned by name in the show, was it?

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    Actually, I think Ned Stark asked for Ice by name just before heading out to behead that ranger who fled the Night's Watch in the first episode.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    It was definitely name-dropped at some point... Presumably the prop is still sitting around somewhere, it was a pretty awesome sword

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    In the books didn't someone in Kings Landing nab it when Ned was in the cells?

In fact, it might have been Payne, the executioner.

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I love me some named swords. I thought they'd make a little bit bigger deal out of it, mostly because

Future and Book Spoilers
    its subsequent melting and re-forging for Joffrey is one of the top tier rage inducing Joffrey moments

QuirkyLittleTyrant on
    PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Re: Ice

(book 3 spoilers)
    It was melted down into Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail, which were given to Jaime and Joffrey, respectively. Jaime passed his on to Brienne and Tommen inherited the sword from Joff.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Ladai wrote: »
    Looking at that fighting game art, all I can think is

Storm of Swords stuff:
    ROBB, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITHOUT YOUR DIREWOLF?

That's his assist.

• Options
    Re: Ice

(book 3 spoilers)
    It was melted down into Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail, which were given to Jaime and Joffrey, respectively. Jaime passed his on to Brienne and Tommen inherited the sword from Joff.

Oh my god.

I have been rereading the series, not far into book two yet, and I had completely forgotten about that.

God damn.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    (Book 4/5/6? Spoilers)
    It's just a shame that Brienne might end up lopping Jaime's head off with it.

Seriously, fuck Catelyn forever.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    (Book 4/5/6? Spoilers)
    It's just a shame that Brienne might end up lopping Jaime's head off with it.

Seriously, fuck Catelyn forever.

All book spoilers:
    Listen, I like to hate on Catelyn just as much as the next person, but on this issue I can empathize with her.

I mean, look.

The woman has known pretty much nothing but betrayal since the series started. The Lanisters killed her husband. Theon betrayed them and (as far as she knows) killed her two youngest sons. The Freys and Boltons betrayed them and killed (again, in her mind) her only remaining son. Hell, they killed her.

And suddenly here's Brienne, the only person in the Seven Kingdoms who Catelyn trusted to bring back her only remaining children. And what is she doing? Wandering around with a gat damned Lanister sword. With a gat damn lion on the pommel. Let's count our lucky stars no one involved knew the thing was made via melting down Ned's family sword.

How's a hate-fueled zombie obsessed with revenge supposed to react?

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Someone brought Season 1 DVDs into work, and it reminded me
    Series speculation spoiler
    Just how not dead Syrio Forel is

godmode on
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    JustTee wrote: »
    My friends want to create a guild in Guild War 2 using Game of Throne puns for a name. Doesn't have to be limited to Game of Thrones, literally. A suggested "funny" guild name was JoffsBros. The groans were heavy, I assure you.

I am not good at creating puns.

So I have come to you gentle folk, to see what sort of puns can be created. I fear for our collective sanity.

Theres a starcraft 2 pro player who off races under the name GameOfDrones.