book spoilers
    does ramsay show up in CoK?
    Yes.
    oooh

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    http://grrm.livejournal.com/

Season 3 confirmed to be roughly the first half of SoS as expected. GRRM is writing the 7th episode, titled "Autumn Storms".

Comradebot wrote: »
    Book Three Thoughts...
    I'm certainly dreading the day of the Red Wedding episode. It was hard enough to read it, watching it and the likely horrified expressions of those I watch the show with who have no idea it's coming is gonna be harsh. Again, reading it was painful enough... my eyes darted across the paragraphs several times just to make sure I was comprehending it all correctly, and a Roose-wielded sword really did just slice through Robb's heart.

I went to class feeling like i was in a daze, then promptly skipped the next class to start reading again because I just had to know if there was any ray of hope, and how the world would unfold with the North effectively fucked. Thankfully, Joffrey soon bit it, Arya and the Hound killed some shitheads, Dany burns a bunch of greasy guys to death, and Davos and Jon just remained awesome. Oh, and how could I forget the chants of "STANNIS!" at the end?

And then on to Feast For Crows...
    Probably my least favorite of the books, and a slow starter as the world resets from all the mass of death, but it had more than enough Ironborn content to keep me happy and it starts to really pick up a couple hundred pages in or so. But, I'm sure the TV show won't have that silly character split, which is good.

And to the guy currently struggling with Feast... just stick with it. I literally had the same problem at the start of the book, it's definitely not the fast pace zaniness of Storm, but it's worth pushing through the earlier chapters. If nothing else, DWD is (at least in my humble opinion) the second best book.

Victarion, Theon, Davos, and Wyman "I demand a POV from this man!" Manderly knock it out of the fucking ballpark. Along with, like, every single fucking side character in Theon's chapters. DWD only loses points for Quentyn chapters, half of Dany's (or whatever number it is where she's just sitting around daydreaming of penis), and I didn't care for Bran buddying up with a bunch of elves. But honestly, I think the Theon chapters are excellent enough to make up for it. They're strong contender for Best POV Throughout A Book in the entire series, right there with Tyrion in Clash.
    My reaction to the Red Wedding was just like yours. I couldn't believe it at first and had to re-read it to come to terms with how and why it was happening. I felt my heart die at the same time Roose sliced through Robb with the infuriating "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" line. Motherfucking traitor. If Stannis burns the Boltons alive in book 6 I will be the happiest man on the planet.

at this point, I am more invested in seeing characters horribly murdered for their crimes, than seeing people succeed.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    book 3

I remember being so relieved when

Robb sat down and ate at the table, and ate of bread and salt.

Okay thank christ, everyone is safe now.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    book 3

Yeah.
    :(

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    book 3

Book 3
    I felt so bad. Especially for Catelyn. She tried so hard to help her son, but she just made things worse

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    book 3

Book 3 (and minor beyond)
    I felt so bad. Especially for Catelyn. She tried so hard to help her son, but she just made things worse
    At the end, I was pissed Catelyn didn't get the chance to just lunge at that old son of a bitch and drive a knife through his withered, dusty heart. Instead he just sits there, being an old son of a bitch.

I think I'll be legitimately pissed if he just dies of old age. Frey needs to die trying to flee at hobbling old man speed while Arya Jason Vorhees walks behind him with Needle. Instead, he'll probably just die of being ridiculously old.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    book 3

Book 3 (and minor beyond)
    At the end, I was pissed Catelyn didn't get the chance to just lunge at that old son of a bitch and drive a knife through his withered, dusty heart. Instead he just sits there, being an old son of a bitch.

I think I'll be legitimately pissed if he just dies of old age. Frey needs to die trying to flee at hobbling old man speed while Arya Jason Vorhees walks behind him with Needle. Instead, he'll probably just die of being ridiculously old.

uhhh

Future Spoilers:
    He's going to be Dany's Hand when she takes power, duh!

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Feast for the Crows spoilers
    Man, I really like that all the Freys are being hunted down
    I mean some of them are probably not bad people. But it's still kind of hilarious how rapidly they are being killed.
    I hope the show introduces a Frey death count in the corner of screen

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I mean some of them are probably not bad people. But it's still kind of hilarious how rapidly they are being killed.

i think that would be too silly for it, but I would love it.

• Options
    Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    book spoilers
    does ramsay show up in CoK?
    Yes.
    Has he been cast yet? I'm reading DoD and
    I fucking hate that guy. Barely got done with the 2nd "Reek" chapter where the Ironmen got betrayed. god damn

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

perhaps

there will be an app for that

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    You guys realize that Roz has had more screen time than Sansa and Catelyn this season?

Combined?
    could we please not start the "OH GOD ROS HAS MORE TIME THAN ____, SERIES RUINED"

It's been 2 episodes. One scene wasn't even about her, it was about baby-killing, and the other is about her reaction to baby-killing and Littlefinger reintroducing himself to the season 2 audience. She may well not show up again this season. There's 8 goddamn hours to go, and we have no idea how the writers are going to break those 8 hours up. Let's hold off on bitching about characters getting the shaft in favor of Ros the whore until at least halfway through the season? Jesus.

At least when I crosspost, I don't copy/paste. :lol:
    Langly wrote: »

Special feature on the BluRay.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'm curious how this whole things going to get wrapped up in two books. That being said I want to see the following:
    The Blackfish and Edmure just break out in the night, and go on a stealth killing spree.

• Options
    Book 6: Wherein the population is decimated by meteors.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    didn't GRRM once say something to the effect of "jesus, wouldn't the five kingdoms have been complicated enough"

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    didn't GRRM once say something to the effect of "jesus, wouldn't the five kingdoms have been complicated enough"

Jesus: "Don't blame me, George. You wrote those books yourself"

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »

Then the Westerosi will go "PSH, meteors!?! We can kill ourselves faster than some stupid rocks!"

And then they will, because Westeros is fucking awful

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    man I like a lot of these characters a bunch

hope they don't all end up dead

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    GRRM heard that.

You've doomed them all.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Seriously wrote: »

Book 7: Way, way more inbreeding

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Minor book 3/7 Spoiler:
    The Greatjon is still being held captive and his son has been killed, so I fully expect him to go apeshit at some point.

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Minor book 3/7 Spoiler:
    The Greatjon is still being held captive and his son has been killed, so I fully expect him to go apeshit at some point.

Fuck yes.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Minor book 3/7 Spoiler:

Fuck yes.

Someone check!
    Is the giant on Umber's banner green?

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Minor book 3/7 Spoiler:

Fuck yes.

He can join the two I mentioned earlier for mass carnage

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I'm curious how this whole things going to get wrapped up in two books. That being said I want to see the following:
    The Blackfish and Edmure just break out in the night, and go on a stealth killing spree.

Nope. Final books?
    Wyman Manderly becomes Mecha-Manderly, a giant, unstoppable walurs-man robot, and terrorizes King Landing.

Also, Ramsay finds Jesus. And then flays off his dick.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I would Kickstarter like $100 for that game.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Robb has his qualities

but no way he takes Drogo

maybe with his wolf

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Now, Jaime vs. Drogo

That'd be quite the fight to see

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    I would pay for that game

• Options
    So, I continued my mission to try and get my girlfriend into Game of Thrones last night. We watched the fourth and fifth episodes ("Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things" and "The Wolf and The Lion")... and I'm happy to say she's most certainly enjoying it at this point. No fan of White Walkers and gratuitous violence, but she has a weakness for giant puppies and loveable/hateable characters.

Anywho, final scene of "The Wolf and The Lion" is the epic swordfight between Jaime and Ned, which is one of the best things ( at least in my opinion) that they did better than in the books. Then, Ned gets stabbed with a spear. She jumps up and goes "Oh my god, where did they just stab him?!" I said "Just the back of the leg". She gave a sigh of relief and replied, "Oh, okay... I was about to say, there's no way they're going to kill him off."

I... I wanted to laugh and/or cry. I felt absolutely fucking awful at that point, because not long after I've realized she's actually getting really and truly invested in the series, I then realize what I've truly done.

On the plus side, she expressed a strong desire to see Viserys die. Good news, my love, episode six is "A Golden Crown"... for king...

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    I've read the books and decided to go balls deep on this show with the Blu Ray of season 1 when I heard how good it is.

It is fantastic and not at all squeamish to emulate GRR's soul sucking meanness/awesomeness. I've been watching season 2 now via HBO Go with my traumatized significant other and holy shit is Littlefinger way more of an asshole than I remember.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Pot of gold fatality

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    So, I continued my mission to try and get my girlfriend into Game of Thrones last night. We watched the fourth and fifth episodes ("Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things" and "The Wolf and The Lion")... and I'm happy to say she's most certainly enjoying it at this point. No fan of White Walkers and gratuitous violence, but she has a weakness for giant puppies and loveable/hateable characters.

Anywho, final scene of "The Wolf and The Lion" is the epic swordfight between Jaime and Ned, which is one of the best things ( at least in my opinion) that they did better than in the books. Then, Ned gets stabbed with a spear. She jumps up and goes "Oh my god, where did they just stab him?!" I said "Just the back of the leg". She gave a sigh of relief and replied, "Oh, okay... I was about to say, there's no way they're going to kill him off."

I... I wanted to laugh and/or cry. I felt absolutely fucking awful at that point, because not long after I've realized she's actually getting really and truly invested in the series, I then realize what I've truly done.

On the plus side, she expressed a strong desire to see Viserys die. Good news, my love, episode six is "A Golden Crown"... for king...

please keep us up to date on her reactions

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Minor book 3/7 Spoiler:

Fuck yes.

Someone check!
    Is the giant on Umber's banner green?

The Greatjon is not a jolly motherfucker if that's what you're after.

• Options

OH MAN I HAD A DREAM WHERE THIS GAME EXISTED

WHAT IS GOING ON

• Options
    JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    My friends want to create a guild in Guild War 2 using Game of Throne puns for a name. Doesn't have to be limited to Game of Thrones, literally. A suggested "funny" guild name was JoffsBros. The groans were heavy, I assure you.

I am not good at creating puns.

So I have come to you gentle folk, to see what sort of puns can be created. I fear for our collective sanity.

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Options
    You are drawing game ideas on Deviantart in your sleep?

• Options
    "Originally this was a one shot about my wildest fighting game dreams "

That is the conclusive evidence.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    You are drawing game ideas on Deviantart in your sleep?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/4039974#Comment_4039974

Does anyone else think this would be turned into an awesome 2D fighting game? Where you get to pick your fighters from various parts of the series and pit them against each other?

The Mountain vs. Ser Loras
    Brienne vs. Ned Stark
    Syrio vs. Sandor Clegane

Heck, a lot of them even have specific weapons associated with them, and stages they could fight on.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/18375517#Comment_18375517

Brolo on