As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Greatest American [chat]

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Super-Tuesday!

I thought about making a joke about how today Republican candidates are running around wearing capes and underwear on the outside.

Then I realized it would still be less ridiculous than what they're actually doing, and I was sad.

sig.gif
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    Super-Tuesday!

I thought about making a joke about how today Republican candidates are running around wearing capes and underwear on the outside.

Then I realized it would still be less ridiculous than what they're actually doing, and I was sad.

It's like every onion article ever written about republicans is instantly true upon writing or having been written.

Strange times.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    It looks like the Romney dam will hold back the Santorum, which will then subside to manageable levels until August.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Morning [chat] hoping I can get a CE copy of Mass Effect 3 today if not Ill try to get the guide for Street Fighter X Tekken.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    XCOM is gonna be my new favourite game.

I was looking forwards to that Xenonauts thing but then this showed up so like pfffft fuck off.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I was looking forwards to that Xenonauts thing but then this showed up so like pfffft fuck off.

What's Xenonauts?

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    anyone interested in being my mindbloom friend?

www.mindbloom.com

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    It looks like the Romney dam will hold back the Santorum, which will then subside to manageable levels until August.

A last minute surge of Santorum could break that dam and it'd take Romney quite a while to clean himself off after that, I'd wager.

sig.gif
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm sure Romney's no stranger to cleaning up stuff like Santorum during an intense competition. He'll barely be fazed.

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Morning [chat] hoping I can get a CE copy of Mass Effect 3 today if not Ill try to get the guide for Street Fighter X Tekken.

Beware! According to spoiler-heavy Metacritic User Reviews, ME3 is basically the worst game ever made!

If only it were more like (thing most people hated in the first game) or had (minor character absolutely nobody else gave a damn about in the second game), then Bioware wouldn't have abandoned its fan base like this.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular

Yes yes yes! It's looking super slick so far. Haven't seen (haven't been looking for) any new info for a few weeks now. Any new juiciness?

• Options

Beware! According to spoiler-heavy Metacritic User Reviews, ME3 is basically the worst game ever made!

If only it were more like (thing most people hated in the first game) or had (minor character absolutely nobody else gave a damn about in the second game), then Bioware wouldn't have abandoned its fan base like this.

Oh god, really?! Im assuming nerds raging about Origin?

• Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular

Are the 'h8rs' seriously review shitting on MC that badly? >_<

• Options
    HerrCron wrote: »

A last minute surge of Santorum could break that dam and it'd take Romney quite a while to clean himself off after that, I'd wager.

Romney's sandbagged too much for that. At worst there will be some seepage, but there's no danger of it washing Romney away.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Campy wrote: »

Yes yes yes! It's looking super slick so far. Haven't seen (haven't been looking for) any new info for a few weeks now. Any new juiciness?

Well if you look one page back you will see video footage of the game, hence our discussion :P

• Options
    Ugh the atheist Subreddit are just as pitiful as the people they are "against"

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes, Metacritic's ME3 review section is currently getting bombed by ridiculous whiners and absurdly stupid complaints. Also, there are some horrendous spoilers in there as well. Best avoided.

• Options
    Ugh the atheist Subreddit are just as pitiful as the people they are "against"

Are they the "Why can't anyone tolerate my views, anyone who can't see how right they are just have no brain" variety?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Guys, do you mind dispensing with the disgusting scatalogical jokes?

I know you think lube, shit, and cum are hilarious, and I know that cumshitlube jokes are the height of witty attacks on Republicans around here, but I'm trying to have breakfast. Seriously, can we flush this tangent? Possibly permanently?

• Options
    Just looked at the cast list for the film version of the Eugene O'Neill play I saw last night. Damn. That's a classy cast for a four-hander.

Katharine Hepburn, Ralph Richardson, Jason Robards, Dean Stockwell.

• Options
    you shouldn't eat breakfast while browsing the internet

it'll make you feel less full

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I'm sure Romney's no stranger to cleaning up stuff like Santorum during an intense competition. He'll barely be fazed.

He'll just strap it to the roof of his car

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

I know you think lube, shit, and cum are hilarious, and I know that cumshitlube jokes are the height of witty attacks on Republicans around here, but I'm trying to have breakfast. Seriously, can we flush this tangent? Possibly permanently?

While I disagree, and hope that people continue to attack Santorum viciously on every avenue until he has a nervous breakdown and reevaluates what a worthless piece of human garbage he is...

I could also do without the endless, uncreative puns.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

I don't get it

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Nevermind

21stCentury on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

While I disagree, and hope that people continue to attack Santorum viciously on every avenue until he has a nervous breakdown and reevaluates what a worthless piece of human garbage he is...

Your mom.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

I don't get it

Are you familar with the story about his dog

that he put in a dog crate and strapped to the roof of his car for a long road trip

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Sorry, we seem to have let this little amusement leave a permanent stain on the fabric of [chat]...

sig.gif
  • Options

I don't get it

Are you familar with the story about his dog

that he put in a dog crate and strapped to the roof of his car for a long road trip

no, I've never heard that :(

poor romneydog

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I don't get it

Mitt and his family went on a 12 hour road trip and transported their dog in its crate, strapped to the roof of their car.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

are you suggesting the forums are in need of a pundectomy

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

I don't get it

Mitt Romney is known for strapping things to the top of his car.

For instance, live dogs.

Winky on
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    I'm just glad I could stick it to all these establishment quote unquote professional game reviewers from quote unquote reputable review sites and balance out all these overwhelmingly positive reviews. If Tali's step cousin who was standing in a doorway and had no dialogue or name in ME2 isn't in ME3, the people have a right to know about it. The truth will not be silenced.

• Options
    Now reading metacritic reviews of ME2 to compare. My favourites so far:
    The graphics are poor at best and the online is constantly laggy. Overall I was let down by the badly written story and generic characters. This game tries to copy Battleship Earth and does it badly.

He probably means Battlefield Earth. And there's no actual online play in the game. He's probably talking about something else, to be honest.
    The first game was a complete scam by Bioware and also by analysts from around the world. From the second I was not expecting less and so it proved.

Analysts?

And on and on and on. Is it only Bioware games that get carpet-bombed on metacritic by such a high proportion of cretins?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I'm just glad I could stick it to all these establishment quote unquote professional game reviewers from quote unquote reputable review sites and balance out all these overwhelmingly positive reviews. If Tali's step cousin who was standing in a doorway and had no dialogue or name in ME2 isn't in ME3, the people have a right to know about it. The truth will not be silenced.

Well I just think that Bioware should address their incestual relationship that is heavily documented throughout fandom, for instance in my fifty thousand word treatise about why it's okay to masturbate to that sort of thing.

• Options
    While I still find that line of jokes to be amusing, no doubt to the part of my brain that's 14 years younger than the other parts, I shall now forego further jokes of that type.
    Ha, you thought I was gonna sneak one more in here, didn't you?

• Options
    nerds ruin everything

• Options
    The ME3 shitstorm sounds like it's all about shipping. Is this true?

If so, shippers ruin everything.

• Options
    in other news stolen from reddit

here's a fat NYC squirrel eating shake shack

3512shake.jpg

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I don't even know what the nerds are pissed about now

is it still day one dlc? whatever

This discussion has been closed.