Options

[Simcity] Where discussion of water pollution and power grids is normal.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    That was so satisfying. Want more! The music really just lulls me into Turtle speed and i just have a blast slowly growing an empire.

Damn pubbies kept deciding not to provide power though, at the end I broke down and plopped some wind, but I went about 3.5 hours of just mooching off their smog producers! :)

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Well, there's your problem right there

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    On that note for those without codes and who need their Simcity fix:

I'm starting the stream now. Tutorial is mandatory but after that I'll make my own city.

:^: awesome stream

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    So... with the game being 12 gigs... and the beta download only being around 2 gigs... I'm guessing these weren't the retail textures/models?

Really fun though.

No I don't.
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    So... with the game being 12 gigs... and the beta download only being around 2 gigs... I'm guessing these weren't the retail textures/models?

Really fun though.

I think all the regions were not included as well, only the one

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

Really fun though.

I think all the regions were not included as well, only the one

Hmmm... though I assume that the regions themselves wouldn't take up 10 Gigs. We're going to have to compare the released game with the beta. I'm expecting it's going to look a lot more pretty.

No I don't.
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    i7tc6mWn2hTos.png

Looks like the creatures from Spore finally found planet Earth we are dooooomed.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    @delphinidaes Just watching your stream from the beginning, and wanted to point out that you can upgrade roads, you don't have to demo them. If you noticed this later on, sorry for repeating.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I noticed when fully zoomed in this time, the graphics were unfocused even close up. Not like we've seen screens of with the depth of field trick where the distance is unfocused and the foreground is sharp.

Perhaps that is where some graphics were saved in the betas?

• Options
    @delphinidaes Just watching your stream from the beginning, and wanted to point out that you can upgrade roads, you don't have to demo them. If you noticed this later on, sorry for repeating.

Yeah I thought the dirt roads couldn't be upgraded but I figured it out later :D

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Yeah it would be nice if the monster were an actual spore creature randomizing each time, but random peniszords knocking down your building wouldn't be a fun experience.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    What? That would be an even better experience.

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    9 PM: "Well, OK, I'll try this out for a bit."
    11:50 PM: "Simcity server shutting down in 600 seconds." "WAIT NO I JUST GOT A COLLEGE"

Did I miss it or is there not a terrain raise/lower tool? It seemed difficult-to-impossible to build roads going up the side of the mountain in the mining town area, even if i made cool switchback curvy roads. Also, you can make cool switchback curvy roads.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    I had the same feeling. I wasn't sure I was going to play for very long but then I was kicked off right after I built my recycling plant. I'm looking forward to the full release next week. It was a lot of fun, but like a few other folks, I hope these aren't the final graphics because damn zooming in was almost painful to look at.

• Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    What's with the gay samba Godzilla?
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    I had the same feeling. I wasn't sure I was going to play for very long but then I was kicked off right after I built my recycling plant. I'm looking forward to the full release next week. It was a lot of fun, but like a few other folks, I hope these aren't the final graphics because damn zooming in was almost painful to look at.

I would imagine that the final textures will be included in the final release. That extra layer of detail probably adds several gigabytes of data, which is something you don't want to have to download for a 4 hour beta.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    I hope so. I mean, I wouldn't be super broken up about it, but I wasn't expecting the blur. Perhaps limiting zoom would have been the better option. Still looking forward to the game like I said.

• Options
    Watch the stream today. Starts in like 30 min. They typical zoom in super close from time to time.

• Options
    Today's stream is 25 minutes away

http://letsallbemayor.com/en/event/going-green

• Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    They also have one of the lead designers playing the game today too. Should provide a lot of insight. Maybe some useful tips.
    They use livestream for these events. So you can view the stream from here also, but I don't know if you can participate in votes from this page:
    http://new.livestream.com/accounts/2987316/events/1902153

Robes on
    "Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    and he's on.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Praise be the dev that actually knows what he's doing!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Argh, it won't connect.

• Options
    It's fixed. Wow, this guy knows his stuff.

• Options
    The idea of pedestrian paths for the University to create snap points is just mind blowing.

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Yeah, my mind got blown too.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    RaveRave Registered User regular
    Quite annoyed that the monster happened and it was completely ignored. Didn't even get a chance to see him because the dev was worried about water

• Options
    Rave wrote: »
    Quite annoyed that the monster happened and it was completely ignored. Didn't even get a chance to see him because the dev was worried about water

The monster is godzilla-esque. Stomps in a line from one side of the map to the other, breathing fire in that line and destroying anything and everything in it's path. No stopping it, you just have to rebuild after it leaves.

Screwed up my beta city last night, I was nearly broke but making tons of money, but it took out my water, power, and gloriously tall apartments that were filling up nicely. Took me an hour to recover and by then it was time for the beta to end.

• Options
    Yeah, my mind got blown too.

He did it again with the roads for the wind farm!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    El Guaco wrote: »
    The idea of pedestrian paths for the University to create snap points is just mind blowing.

Wut.

Like. I'm going to need someone to explain this to me because I think I know what it means but I want to be sure.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

Wut.

Like. I'm going to need someone to explain this to me because I think I know what it means but I want to be sure.
    Right now he's drawing a special dirt road out from his wind plant. This creates more of the little blue snap points so he can add more turbines without building a new 'base'.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    That is pretty fantastic. Lots of ideas from that, actually.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

Wut.

Right now he's drawing a special dirt road out from his wind plant. This creates more of the little blue snap points so he can add more turbines without building a new 'base'.

So you can do that with the University too?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    The one thing I am noticing is that many of these ploppable utilities are rather large. He's already had trouble placing a few of these and had to redo it a couple of times. The smaller maps means you have to really think ahead on where you might want to place these large structures in the future.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    So the negative opinion of this game from the past few months seems to have turned positive in the last few days.

Is this the first documented occurrence of the internets changing its mind?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Spaffy wrote: »
    So the negative opinion of this game from the past few months seems to have turned positive in the last few days.

Is this the first documented occurrence of the internets changing its mind?

Well I think the negativity was mostly borne from a lack of info (shocking I know)

Once people actually got into the beta and we got real info that pretty much vanished.

Or the people turned off by the game just decided to leave instead of staying in the thread and crapping all over it about a game they didn't like.

But I think the latter would be a far bigger feat than the internet changing it's mind :D

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    So Playing last night I was doing a sandbox game and trying to make a coal/steel mining town with mostly industry in the hills and a coastal town with very little industry. I could not get the residential people to commute to the mining town despite having both rail and road connections.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Guys.

I will finally be able to make a city that replicated Jacques Fresco's 'Venus Project' vision, and see if it works. :D

Online only sucks, but holy shit this game. Curvy roads really do change everything.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I'd think a lot of people are just accepting that just because it's not what you wanted it means it's a bad product. It's not the SC5 that I wanted, but I'm still going to get and love it for what it is.

• Options
    Showcasing 28 hours of live game play is also a pretty good way to prove your game isn't butts.

This discussion has been closed.