Options

Mass Effect 3: They Call It Halo

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Also, I don't remember any explanation as to why
    The Reapers didn't just go straight for the Citadel and cut off all Relay transportation like the last time, THEN go for Earth.
    Pretty sure for the same reason they were making a human Reaper.

Shepard.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    Goatmon your spoiler tag isn't working

Oops! Fixed.

Thanks for that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Just tried some multiplayer. That was pretty fun, but really hard when you are a level 1 nobody with crappy guns!

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    why were they called the protheans and not the proteans

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I don't know if any BioWare people are still reading this, but I really liked the ending and I loved the entire game.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    summer blockbuster action movies are fun

fun, but rarely meaningful

ending
    better fun with less meaning than vague arbitrary would-be intellectual bullshit
    Yeah, part of what I loved about the Mass Effect games was the whole action movie vine to it. Yeah, it had deeper parts to it, but the endings of 1 and 2 were strictly fun. Mass Effect 1,you kill the bad guy, blow up a Reaper, oh shit here comes debris. Anderson runs in all happy, helps a squadmate up, "Where's Shepard?" As the squadmates look down alll sad, a look of horror crosses his face as he surveys the wreckage. But wait, who's thay running towards us?? Shepard, broken ribs but otherwise alive. Cliche but still an enjoyable ending.

Mass effect 2: As Shepard runs through the doomed collector base, harbinger's voice chases him all, "You think you've won? This means nothing. We will find another way." Shepard does a cliche giant jump towards the normandy as the music holds a note, grabs hold by the cliche tips of his fingertips, and gets pulled up as the normandy does the spaceship version of the cliche jump away from an explosion. Meaningless? Maybe, but incredibly fun.

That's what i want from Mass Effect games. That fun, cinematic, blockbuster experience. Are there ways to do that and not have Shepard survive? Yes. See the end of Tuchanka for a really good way of handling sacrifice. But the Mass Effect 3 ending just did not deliver, and I would much rather have a safe, cliche, feel-good blockbuster ending like the previous games.
    I would also suggest that the current ending is just a different type of cliche. So between the two, I'd rather go for the fun one.

• Options
    eat lots of proteans to build muscle mass

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    summer blockbuster action movies are fun

fun, but rarely meaningful
    better fun with less meaning than vague arbitrary would-be intellectual bullshit
    I still prefer my "shep dies after stopping the illusive man and firing the crucible, cut to funeral/giant statue ceremony

Bonus scene if wrex is alive and the genophage is cured: cut to beautiful jungle planet, wrex is there with his newborn son, names him Urdnot Shepard

Basically this
    But I don't even need the funeral

Just fire the crucible, Shepard collapses back onto the floor, and fade to black

Maybe intercut some moments from the trilogy, kind of a "your life flashing before your eyes" thing as he dies

Like meeting Ash on Eden Prime, becoming a spectre, fighting Saren, etc

But when as he fades for the alst time, pull back to show the whole room with him and Anderson and the view of Earth and Reapers exploding

And roll them credits
    You met me at a very strange time in my life.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Ending spoilers
    With QEC still up, it kind of removes any stress about the Normandy being lost (provided theirs can be back online, and would facilitate coordination of trade and possibly ideal placement of new stations acting like the citadel on a smaller scale. So the desire for a happy ending doesn't seem far fetched at all, as one of the "drawbacks" of any of the choices can be circumvented with enough elbow grease and cooperation.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    multi is rad

playin soldier

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ending junk, what I would change it to if I could, etc. cross posted from G&T
    Joolander wrote: »
    I've thought a lot about it, and here are my recommendation for how ME should have ended. These are really just a few minor tweaks, but it's really more about how the ending feels.
    Naturally, do not click unless you have finished

this is long, and hopefully it makes sense
    Lets start with the actual endings you can choose from. Get rid of the synthesis ending. It's dumb, non-committal, and makes no goddamn sense.

the two other endings Destroy and Control, are fine with a few minor tweaks

Destroy: I actually like this one as explained in the game: hit a button, and all Reapers or anything based on reaper tech is destroyed. Things I would change:

Make it just the hardware that is destroyed. Make it clear that Reapers outright explode, most mass effect drive cores shut down, Geth platforms are all destroyed, but not their software (as I see it, Geth software is inherently different from Reaper software--more on this later) So a lot of the Geth will be destroyed with this option, but some might make it back to other servers (a lot of Geth stuff is not at all based on Reaper tech). Also, Shepard's implants will fail after the button is pressed. After making the choice, Shep slumps down and watches as the Reapers explode. Shep bleeds out and the screen goes black.

This option definitely ends the cycle, with an almost negligible chance that it will start back up again. Shepard is dead, and life in the universe has the chance to forge it's own technological path, free from Reaper influence. Pretty much everyone is stranded in Sol

Control: This one is pretty much fine as is, but instead of Shep's body being vaporized, make it so that Sheps Consciousness is transferred and replaces the one controlling the Reapers. after this happens, Shep's body keels over, brain dead, and we see that the Reapers retreat, and fly into a super-massive black hole at the center of the universe, or maybe just back out into dark space.

This option saves the day, but the threat of the cycle starting again in the distant future is pretty much inevitable (the question is not if but when), but the Reapers will not be there to prune the universe as they see fit like the universe's biggest bonzai.

Both options deactivate the Mass Relays, but do not destroy them, since destroying the relay network pretty much destroys most of the galaxy as evidenced by the Arrival DLC. Why this is the case has to do with the Reapers' origin. Also, don't have TIM indoctrinated. He's really just that committed to controlling the reapers, and trusts no one to do it but himself.

Next, the Catalyst. The Catalyst should just be the Citadel. PERIOD. In one of the earlier cycles, before the Crucible was designed, the dominant race built what would become the citadel as the weapon that would destroy the Reapers. It was almost finished, but the Reapers had won, and the remaining beings of that cycle are the Keepers (this is why they can maintain and alter shit on the Citadel while being almost completely mindless: because they built the damn thing).

Now, the Reapers had this WMD that could easily destroy them, and it almost did. So what do they do? They don't risk dismantling the thing incase it goes off when they do. Instead, they install a Reaper intelligence that shares their objectives and motivations into the Citadel. This intelligence is named Harbinger. Harbinger is put in control of the weapon and the Keepers, who are there to maintain the station so a hardware problem doesn't cause the damn thing to fire. Also, a Super Mass Relay functionality is added to the Citadel so that in subsequent cycles it will be easier for the Reapers to get back here from dark space.

As an aside, here is the origin of the Reapers as I see it
    During the first cycle after organics built the Mass Relays, a devastating war between synthetics and organics broke out. In order to win this war, Organics had to melt themselves down and remake themselves as Reapers. In this way, they are neither organic nor truly synthetic, as they have no creators but themselves. Since they were now more powerful than ever, they considered their transformation to be an ascension of sorts, and concluded that this chain of events was basically inevitable. To keep this power and ensure that never again would a organic synthetic war nearly destroy the galaxy, they came up with the reaping plan, and species they deemed worthy were allowed to join their ranks through "ascension". They do this every 50,000 years either because thats about the time the synthetics will get uppity, or thats just a bit before the organics are capable of being a thorn in their side

In the downtime between reapings, out of boredom and self-preservation Harbinger has the Keepers upgrade the Citadel so that he will be in control of the Reapers. He does not risk deactivating the weapon lest it go off, and takes control of the Reapers to ensure that they don't change their mind and quit reaping or decide to destroy the Citadel and him with it. Once the Protheans come around and takes away his control of the Keepers, he has the Protheans altered into the Collectors so that he can still have some freaking influence in the galaxy. ME2 is now Shepard further neutering Harbinger's power. All he has left are the Reapers themselves

The Crucible is still the work of many cycles passing down their knowledge, but instead of weapon it is more a key to wrest control of the Citadel from Harbinger so that it can be activated

So now, after the player rides up the elevator, Harbinger is the one greeting him. Shep gets to argue with Harby about the philosophical merits of Reaping and whether a synthetic/organic war is inevitable, Harbinger gets to explain the choice of Control/Destroy and call Shepard a dick and a fool and all other things that he can't do shit about now that the Crucible is docked with the Citadel.

Since Harbinger is the one presenting you with the choice and being a dick about it, the player gets to feel like they have won, because either way it fucks Harbinger over, instead of having some kid who really couldn't care less what happens

So, how does your Galactic Readiness score affect all this? Only the ones pertaining to how well the Crucible's construction is going affect which of the choices you get. Too low and the Crucible is only able to take away Harby's control of the Reaper killing gun, and you can only hit the button to get the Destroy ending. If it's REALLY low, Earth gets vaporized from the signal (or the signal is strong enough that it rips the magnetosphere from the Earth, making it uninhabitable). Higher Crucible scores mean the construction team has ironed out all the little bugs, and Shepard can replace Harbinger as the Citadel's guardian for the Control ending. This would also mean that Shep has to spend the rest of eternity in solitude, not being able to communicate with anyone, only able to watch.

The rest of the Galactic readiness would basically affect the final run up to the beam, and stuff would happen depending on what assets you had, for example the Spectre team might show up to help you in one of the firefights, Jack might help you out by focusing her students' biotic artillery on some of the reaper forces in your way, etc

Your total effective Galactic Readiness affects how well the battle for Earth is going, with very high values having everyone just barely and perhaps arguably holding off the Reapers. (shown during your conversation with Harbinger

If your effective fleet score is high enough (ie, you have enough ships that weren't destroyed, you get a cinematic after the credits where the Normandy arrives wherever it was Shep chose the ending, and a boarding made of people not on your ground team recover Shep's body for a funeral

FÍN

again, I hope all that made sense, and thanks for indulging me

but I'm done thinking about it. who wants to multi? I haven't played since the demo

Joolander on
  • Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    Endgame.
    You guys do realize that the Reapers managed to make it from the edge of the galactic rim to Earth in six months at FTL speeds, right?

The relay destruction doesn't leave galactic society completely boned, especially since the galactic comm network is still (mostly) intact, it's just going to take longer to travel from star system to star system.
    It took the Reapers 6 months to get from the Galactic Rim to a Mass Relay. It still takes nearly 12 hours to get from Earth to the Charon relay at FTL speeds. Magnify that by 137,000, roughly, to be able to get to the Arcturus Star system. That's the closest star system on the Galactic Map that can be accessed from Sol. Now imagine going to Thessia.
    Bring a book, kids.

Besides, if it's a choice between destroying modern galactic transit, or destroying modern galactic civilization, those relays are getting blown to shit.
    It's more, "Bring a book, kids. Hope you pass it down to your great grandkids cause they're going to be bored."

If you didn't do the math, that's 187 years just to Arcturus. That's not factoring in fuel, either.

"Never Hit"
  • Options
    I don't know if any BioWare people are still reading this, but I really liked the ending and I loved the entire game.

I also really liked the ending

but I understand the concerns over it

and I do hope they build off it with SOME sort of epilogue

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Endgame Stuff.
    This is probably the last thing I am going to say about this, because I'm basically okay with everything that happened, and if we're arguing about how it's a tragedy that galactic transit is boned, this line of discussion is clearly losing steam.

Anyway, I think the ending has some good underlying elements. It's just that the way its presented is supremely weird, and doesn't entirely match the tone of the rest of the game, hence the violent reaction.

Honestly though, if that's the way it's going to end, I can live with that. My friends lived. The galaxy is safe. Life will continue on without interference from outside sources.

All things considered, that's okay with me.

Either way, though, I really loved the game through and through. It had it's peaks and valleys, but at the end of the day, I can say with all sincerity that I loved the whole package, and I can't complain about that.

You did good, BioWare.

You did good.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Endgame.
    You guys do realize that the Reapers managed to make it from the edge of the galactic rim to Earth in six months at FTL speeds, right?

The relay destruction doesn't leave galactic society completely boned, especially since the galactic comm network is still (mostly) intact, it's just going to take longer to travel from star system to star system.
    It took the Reapers 6 months to get from the Galactic Rim to a Mass Relay. It still takes nearly 12 hours to get from Earth to the Charon relay at FTL speeds. Magnify that by 137,000, roughly, to be able to get to the Arcturus Star system. That's the closest star system on the Galactic Map that can be accessed from Sol. Now imagine going to Thessia.
    Bring a book, kids.

Besides, if it's a choice between destroying modern galactic transit, or destroying modern galactic civilization, those relays are getting blown to shit.
    The Protheans figured out how the mass relays worked, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to figure it out considering there's a giant archive of Prothean information on Mars. Also the conduit on Ilos likely still exists since it wasn't made by the Reapers.

Also, all those dead Reapers on earth are just hanging around, now. Considering just scavenging Sovereign brought about many upgrades in technology, having many intact Reapers available for study will likely uplift things.

EDIT: Also, as I said; even though the mass relays are destroyed, stuff like QEC and other forms of galactic communication still exists. So does the extranet.
    QEC works, but not the extranet. QEC is unique because of its independence from mass relays, which is why everyone in ME3 uses it. The extranet worked through relay comm buoys.

QEC is also not a terribly practical means of communication.

• Options
    Endgame Stuff.
    This is probably the last thing I am going to say about this, because I'm basically okay with everything that happened, and if we're arguing about how it's a tragedy that galactic transit is boned, this line of discussion is clearly losing steam.

Anyway, I think the ending has some good underlying elements. It's just that the way its presented is supremely weird, and doesn't entirely match the tone of the rest of the game, hence the violent reaction.

Honestly though, if that's the way it's going to end, I can live with that. My friends lived. The galaxy is safe. Life will continue on without interference from outside sources.

Either way, though, I really loved the game through and through. It had it's peaks and valleys, but at the end of the day, I can say with all sincerity that I loved the whole package, and I can't complain about that.

You did good, BioWare.

You did good.

That'll do, BioWare.

That'll do.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    Endgame.

Bring a book, kids.

The Protheans figured out how the mass relays worked, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to figure it out considering there's a giant archive of Prothean information on Mars. Also the conduit on Ilos likely still exists since it wasn't made by the Reapers.

Also, all those dead Reapers on earth are just hanging around, now. Considering just scavenging Sovereign brought about many upgrades in technology, having many intact Reapers available for study will likely uplift things.

EDIT: Also, as I said; even though the mass relays are destroyed, stuff like QEC and other forms of galactic communication still exists. So does the extranet.
    QEC works, but not the extranet. QEC is unique because of its independence from mass relays, which is why everyone in ME3 uses it. The extranet worked through relay comm buoys.

I thought it was weird how they went from a rare and expensive form of communication to everyone having them in less than a year

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Endgame Stuff.

You did good, BioWare.

You did good.

That'll do, BioWare.

That'll do.

Man, let me have my sappy sentimentality towards a company that is cackling as it counts all the dollars it will make on my future DLC purchases!

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Orca wrote: »
    ending!
    Langly wrote: »
    no, it really doesn't have to end like that. There aren't rules, there are other ways to have an impact. Thousands of soldiers make sacrifices and come back home and have to live and find a life in peace. That happens. There isn't some rule book that says welp this theme plus this theme equals character sacrifice, sorry there is no ther way.

People make that lep all the time and it isn't based in anything at all.
    This is about narrative impact and buildup. It would be different if this were ME1, where yeah, it wouldn't make sense for Shepard to die. But the entire leadup to the ending has harped on the theme of sacrifice. Even after being (mortally?) wounded, Shepard still drags herself to her feet to finish the job no matter the cost.

Surviving just cheapens it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY9NO4GQJRk

is my retort. It would have that same feeling that ME1 had when you thought Shepard was dead, just more so because you haven't any thoughts that she would get out of that. Rule of Cool is just as cliche as Sacrifice Equals Death. I feel fine with either outcome, but you're not playing Devil's Advocate with your own argument.
    Skullo wrote: »
    More Ending (apparently can't let this go).

I guess I'm in the camp that feels like everything they've done has zero impact on the future. And that's pretty upsetting. I spent 3 games uniting a galaxy against a threat that's actually not the real threat and then they can't take advantage of that.

Can't see why it couldn't have been:

Low assets/no assets: Everyone dies, cycle repeats.
    Minimum assets: You drive off the reapers but everything is fucked?
    High assets: You drive off the reapers, Shep dies in the process.
    Highest: Same, but shep lives?

You could keep everything the way it is, substituting the stupid god-kid's choice with Shep activating the weapon in her final moments.
    I keep saying this but the trilogy is Shep's story, not the galaxy's

What happens to the galaxy is a thing for later games, once Bioware hashes out a distant future for it

Shep's story, and our knowledge of the galaxy, ends when Shep dies. The end. Lights go out.

Also there's no reason for Shep to live other than the player's need for a feel-good ending, everyone goes into that mission knowing there's a damn good chance they're dying
    I contest that the galaxy is Shep's story. Everything you did, unless you were completely Terra Firma Dickshep, was Shep making the galaxy a better place, or at least making an impression upon it. By effectively killing 2/3rd's of the galaxy by destroying the Mass Relays, I feel that it cheapens all that Shep has done in all three games.

I contest that he even did that thing but I hate that argument so let's move on and also the first point
    Shep's story is fighting the reapers and the decisions that play into that

Not some altruistic desire to help the galaxy

He's doing his job, that's all

Buttlord on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    hate the geth

love fighting reapers

haven't done cerberus yet

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Endgame.

Bring a book, kids.

I thought it was weird how they went from a rare and expensive form of communication to everyone having them in less than a year
    Yeah, I think they played a bit fast and loose with them in ME3. I guess understandably. I seem to remember QEC being limited to text, but if so, that was even before ME2.

• Options
    Endgame Stuff.

You did good, BioWare.

You did good.

That'll do, BioWare.

That'll do.

Man, let me have my sappy sentimentality towards a company that is cackling as it counts all the dollars it will make on my future DLC purchases!

Hey man, I'm one of the few who genuinely enjoyed the ending of Mass Effect 3. I let you have any chemical response to BioWare you wish.

• Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    @takyris I feel like I should point out that, mild misgivings about the ending aside, this was one of the best written games I have ever played.

Regardless of what other people say, you guys are aces in my book. <3

Thanks, dude. That means a lot. :)
    (PS: Who would I have to kill to get a writing job at BioWare? I have the fiberglass omniblade right here, give me the word, I'm on a plane in two hours.)

Let me get some addresses from BSN...

• Options
    Endgame Stuff.

You did good, BioWare.

You did good.

That'll do, BioWare.

That'll do.

Hey man, I'm one of the few who genuinely enjoyed the ending of Mass Effect 3. I let you have any chemical response to BioWare you wish.

You wanna go, brah?

You wanna go?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    some level 15s in this game

poor level 3 bugboy...

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    multiplayer discovery: 4 quarian infiltrators can do geth gold without any difficulty, provided they have maxed sabotage

• Options
    BugBoy wrote: »
    some level 15s in this game

poor level 3 bugboy...

I can guarantee you that you are probably the only competent person in that lobby.

(Also, please get a 360 and a copy of this so we can play video games together.)

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    takyris wrote: »
    (PS: Who would I have to kill to get a writing job at BioWare? I have the fiberglass omniblade right here, give me the word, I'm on a plane in two hours.)

Let me get some addresses from BSN...

HA!

Oh taky, you so kwazy!

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    @taky you were awesome before, but after finding out that you wrote the
    Kakliosaur
    quest, you are now officially my hero

it woulda been even better if the Salarian had been named Ha'Mond or something, but still, amazing

i'm gonna echo RME's sentiments that, while the ending is disappointing, the rest of the game is some of the best writing i've ever seen

PS i told Mac to give you a hug make sure he gives it to you

• Options
    that is like 300 bucks!

• Options
    Endgame Stuff.

You did good, BioWare.

You did good.

That'll do, BioWare.

That'll do.

You wanna go, brah?

You wanna go?

Oh we will go. Brah.

Righ after I finish working these sweet glutes!

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Endgame.

Bring a book, kids.

Yeah, I think they played a bit fast and loose with them in ME3. I guess understandably. I seem to remember QEC being limited to text, but if so, that was even before ME2.
    That was just for Emily Wong's twitterfeed. It was a crappy QEC that the doctor was playing around with.

• Options
    that is like 300 bucks!

GET A JOB, FREELOADER.

(I just wanna play video games with a BB...)

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    c'mon host player

don't leave on wave one

• Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    ending!
    Langly wrote: »
    no, it really doesn't have to end like that. There aren't rules, there are other ways to have an impact. Thousands of soldiers make sacrifices and come back home and have to live and find a life in peace. That happens. There isn't some rule book that says welp this theme plus this theme equals character sacrifice, sorry there is no ther way.

People make that lep all the time and it isn't based in anything at all.
    This is about narrative impact and buildup. It would be different if this were ME1, where yeah, it wouldn't make sense for Shepard to die. But the entire leadup to the ending has harped on the theme of sacrifice. Even after being (mortally?) wounded, Shepard still drags herself to her feet to finish the job no matter the cost.

Surviving just cheapens it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY9NO4GQJRk

is my retort. It would have that same feeling that ME1 had when you thought Shepard was dead, just more so because you haven't any thoughts that she would get out of that. Rule of Cool is just as cliche as Sacrifice Equals Death. I feel fine with either outcome, but you're not playing Devil's Advocate with your own argument.
    Skullo wrote: »
    More Ending (apparently can't let this go).

I guess I'm in the camp that feels like everything they've done has zero impact on the future. And that's pretty upsetting. I spent 3 games uniting a galaxy against a threat that's actually not the real threat and then they can't take advantage of that.

Can't see why it couldn't have been:

Low assets/no assets: Everyone dies, cycle repeats.
    Minimum assets: You drive off the reapers but everything is fucked?
    High assets: You drive off the reapers, Shep dies in the process.
    Highest: Same, but shep lives?

You could keep everything the way it is, substituting the stupid god-kid's choice with Shep activating the weapon in her final moments.
    I keep saying this but the trilogy is Shep's story, not the galaxy's

What happens to the galaxy is a thing for later games, once Bioware hashes out a distant future for it

Shep's story, and our knowledge of the galaxy, ends when Shep dies. The end. Lights go out.

Also there's no reason for Shep to live other than the player's need for a feel-good ending, everyone goes into that mission knowing there's a damn good chance they're dying
    I contest that the galaxy is Shep's story. Everything you did, unless you were completely Terra Firma Dickshep, was Shep making the galaxy a better place, or at least making an impression upon it. By effectively killing 2/3rd's of the galaxy by destroying the Mass Relays, I feel that it cheapens all that Shep has done in all three games.

I contest that he even did that thing and also the first point
    Shep's story is fighting the reapers and the decisions that play into that

Not some altruistic desire to help the galaxy

He's doing his job, that's all
    And in so doing of his job, especially as the idea of being a Spectre, his story is played out by the results of his actions, not just his actions. If the result of his action to stop the Reapers is to cut off the galaxy is to cheapen every other thing that he had worked toward, it sits wrong in my wheelhouse. All life, as we know it, is built around the idea of connection, and what that connection does after death. If Shep's story as we have played it is his life, then one great decision invalidates a ginormous portion of it.

"Never Hit"
  • Options
    that is like 300 bucks!

GET A JOB, FREELOADER.

(I just wanna play video games with a BB...)

beep boop

shoot geth

• Options
    The thing I was most, uh, for lack of a better word, disappointed with was the opening

maybe it's because I spoiled it for myself in the demo, but I felt like the game doesn't really kick into gear until
    after the mars mission

and yeah I know it's that whole taris/eden prime/freedom's progress thing

but I don't typically feel that way the first time I play

it's not a big deal, but it wasn't the FUCK YEAH LET'S DO THIS opening that mass effects 1 and 2 had, at least, for me

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    I just did sur'kesh and I feel like this is going slow

fun though

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh yeah, @takyris ending aside, this is definitely up there with the best games I've ever played. I'm actually starting my femshep run now.

For all the talking I've been doing about the ending, I could go on for hours about all the little character scenes. So many evocative moments.

Javen on
  • Options
    Endgame Stuff.

You did good, BioWare.

You did good.

That'll do, BioWare.

That'll do.

You wanna go, brah?

You wanna go?

Oh we will go. Brah.

Righ after I finish working these sweet glutes!

Once I get done with this Natty Ice and shotgun this Four Loko, your ass is mine in a completely non-sexual sense!

[IMG][/img]
This discussion has been closed.