As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    "Yeah Shepard, but I've actually seen you dance. No comment."

Goddamn, the dancing burns are flying thick and fast in this one.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Vic TokaiVic Tokai Registered User regular
    Udina, you
    fucking prick. During that confrontation I was thinking, "please give me a Renegade interrupt so I can shoot this dick in the face." When the prompt showed up I don't think I've ever hit a QTE so quickly in my life. My Shep is mostly-Paragon, but she still recognizes that some fools just need to get capped.

XBL: Vic Tokai
    Steam: Vic Tokai
    NN: duke.togo
    PSN: sushiprophet
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    My policy since ME2 is to hit every interrupt, renegade or paragon. The way I see it, paragon Shepherd is a little rougher around the edges starting in ME2, and renegade Shepherd is softening a little at the same time.

• Options
    AngryLunchboxAngryLunchbox Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, yeah, late to the party, etc. but I just finished Tuchanka and I
    lost Mordin.

I just started shouting "NO! NO! NO!" The wife ran in thinking I was on fire or something and is like "WTF IS WRONG!?"

I felt to so bad I had to stop playing for the night.

Dammit Bioware...

AngryLunchbox on
  • Options
    ArthArth Registered User regular
    Ugh. Okay, only 4 days of work left before I get paid and I can finally get and start ME3. And I have remained almost entirely unspoilered.

Artheleron.png
  • Options
    Guitar Hero Of TimeGuitar Hero Of Time Registered User regular
    lost Mordin.

I just started shouting "NO! NO! NO!" The wife ran in thinking I was on fire or something and is like "WTF IS WRONG!?"

Dammit Bioware...
    Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.

• Options
    Vic TokaiVic Tokai Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    @ProfessorPhobos -- yeah, except for sacrificing the council (sorry dudes, but defeating Sovereign > your lives) I went from pure Paragon in ME1 to hitting the occasional Renegade dialogue choice/interrupt prompt in ME2 (and now 3). My thinking was that Shep had been killed and brought back to life as Space RoboCop, lost two years of her life in the process, has old friends thinking she's a traitor because Cerberus did the resurrecting, and to top it off people are STILL dragging their feet about the Reapers, so it was perfectly understandable that she'd start to lose some of her patience at that point.

Vic Tokai on
    XBL: Vic Tokai
    Steam: Vic Tokai
    NN: duke.togo
    PSN: sushiprophet
  • Options
    ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if it's still possible to get the Collector Assault Rifle? How's the art book, anyway?

Do you mean the alien laser rifle thing? If so, yeah its still in the game. I got it right at the beginning but I have no idea how.

Whoevers running the xbox meta tag, can you accept my friend request? Capn JL Picard is my xbox Live name.

btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Okay, so this kind of pisses me off. I got my Krogan Soldier to 20, and I was really enjoying it. I decided not to promote him, because I liked him just the way he was. I noticed that my Turian Soldier was also level 20, though, and I did want to promote him to a war asset, because I don't particularly care for him. Apparently, though, the game asked me if I wanted to promote the entire Soldier squad. I didn't even notice, I guess. So my Krogan Soldier got reset back to level 1. That honestly wouldn't even bother me, except that the fucking game automatically puts 1 point in Fortification, which is the one skill I don't want. Now I have to buy Spectre packages at 60,000 points each, in the hopes that I'll find another power reset card. Jesus Christ, I've purchased like 20 Spectre packages, and only ever found 2 of those fuckers.

God damnit.

I get the idea behind making the power reset cards something you purchase, but did they seriously have to be rare?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Umm...question.

Does anyone know if that warp ability that increase the power of detonations by 50% goes for if warp is used to start the move?

Wait...you have to buy power resets? That's dumb.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So apparently people will kick you out of multi for just BEING a Vanguard. Haha, losers.

That happened to me today.

Then I was high scorer of the match.

So nya.

I have to admit after my last match I could see why. I was with two Vanguards, and both of them were beyond bad. One charged into the heat of the battle against 5 other enemies. Now at level 10, what would be your guess that she was smart enough to get Barrier Charge AND get her Nova to reduce cooldown by 25%? The obvious answer is no.
    I'm really enjoying multiplayer (late to the party? didn't play it all in the demo) but man I don't think I'm that great at it. Its all assists all the way down. Matches where everyone gets 75 kills or so, I get 25.

Assists help too.

I would say the most important thing is keep yourself alive, helping with objectives and helping squadmates.

I don't care how many kills someone has if they keep dying while going for them.

Stupid fellow Vanguards who use Nova immediately after Charging.... Is it a wonder they end up dying 2 seconds later? It was their stupid fault for immediately Charging an Atlas...

So true...a lot of people are just bad at vanguarding. Makes the rest of us look bad.

I saw a Vanguard with a sniper rifle...I don't even know.

Was he a Drell? If so, he was trying to be Thane, though that's dumb, because an Adept would be a better choice for that sad little role-play.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    No...he was human.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Just beat the game, so I can finally read the thread without worrying about spoilers.
    I was really wondering how they were going to deal with having so many characters who could have died in previous games, and I think they picked a pretty good method with all the 1-mission teamups. I did feel like my main team roster was a little light, though...if I didn't have the DLC, or Garrus and Tali, my choices would have been pretty thin. But then I suppose there's going to be more DLC, and I did notice the Life Support room never gets an occupant.

There were so many good, emotional moments. I'm glad I picked my more-or-less 'perfect' ME2 import, rather than my original where Mordin died. I'm not sure how to go about replaying this...I played ME2 like six times, but it seems like the main differences here would be people not being there (making things less cool) or Shepard being a major dick. Just reading about how Tali could end up going...ouch.

As for the ending, I'll agree that it's perfect up til the elevator. Past that...eh. Not what I'd have written. Ideally my ending would involve Shepard having drinks on a beach, not to mention finding out what happened afterwards. Garrus and Javik were with me on the laser run, and for all I know they got fried, but I don't know. But, I've been listening to people forever going on about how it's the worst thing ever in video games, and I don't feel it was that bad. In any case, I'm not sure what BioWare might have announced, but through DLC or future ME-universe games I don't expect this to be the final word.

One question about war asset effect:
    Does it actually affect anything, and if so, what? I had waaaaaay more than 100%, even with only like 70% MP readiness, so I'm guessing I got the perfect ending, but with no epilogue I don't know what it did. If you go in with the minimum, do crew members die? Ships blow up? I don't even know how the fleet battle was going, whether the Alliance was wiped out or if they were wiping out the Reapers without the Crucible.

• Options
    So apparently people will kick you out of multi for just BEING a Vanguard. Haha, losers.

So nya.

I have to admit after my last match I could see why. I was with two Vanguards, and both of them were beyond bad. One charged into the heat of the battle against 5 other enemies. Now at level 10, what would be your guess that she was smart enough to get Barrier Charge AND get her Nova to reduce cooldown by 25%? The obvious answer is no.
    I'm really enjoying multiplayer (late to the party? didn't play it all in the demo) but man I don't think I'm that great at it. Its all assists all the way down. Matches where everyone gets 75 kills or so, I get 25.

Assists help too.

I would say the most important thing is keep yourself alive, helping with objectives and helping squadmates.

I don't care how many kills someone has if they keep dying while going for them.

Stupid fellow Vanguards who use Nova immediately after Charging.... Is it a wonder they end up dying 2 seconds later? It was their stupid fault for immediately Charging an Atlas...

So true...a lot of people are just bad at vanguarding. Makes the rest of us look bad.

Vanguard is a surprisingly intricate class. The frustrating part is that it's deceptively easy. You can plow through Bronze like a fucking rock star, but that shit don't really fly in Silver, and especially not in Gold. Human Vanguards, with Charge/Nova, can be amazingly powerful / useful, but you seriously have to understand when to let it fly, and when to keep it on the chain. I played with some pretty serious guys the other night (all N7 rank 100 or so, like me) and they didn't even want to stay in the Lobby with me, at first, because they've just had really bad experiences with Vanguards. I was able to prove to them that we can be a really great asset, and now I've got some pretty cool people to hang out with.

Most Vanguards are fucking awful, though. It's to the point, now, where I don't even revive Vanguards anymore. At least not the guys who rush off, away from the rest of the party, and get themselves killed in the first minute of a round. Fuck those guys. Either they'll learn not to do that shit, or they'll roll up another class. Either way, it's not my problem. I'm sure as fuck not wasting resources like Medi-gel and Rockets on Bronze, trying to push up and pick them up from the middle of a goddamn enemy spawn.

• Options
    No...he was human.

That's.... wow.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    Krogan Soldier, though. Just, fucking, wow. Most people I see boost Fortification and Rage, and completely drop either Carnage or Inferno Grenades. They rush around headbutting people, and don't get me wrong; I know that it can actually be pretty effective -- I've seen clips of Krogan Soldiers on Gold using Heavy Melee almost exclusively. I just ... don't think that's anywhere near as good as Carnage + Inferno Grenade spam. My Carnage, before I Promoted the character, was dealing 715 or so damage every 1.5-2 seconds, and my Inferno Grenades deal 215+ damage per second in a 7 meter radius. If you put me at a choke point, with an ammo supply close by, I can wrack up kills for days. I was playing Firebase White on Silver yesterday, and when they wanted us to area hack a computer, I pushed up ahead and covered the door. In all seriousness, I took out 2 Brutes, a few dozen Ravagers and Marauders, and tons and tons of Husks. My score, in that one round, went up by about 20,000 points. Get roasted, bitches.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Basil wrote: »
    Basil wrote: »
    Lemming wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    There's one thing I didn't have a problem with in the ending:
    The after credits coda where you see Buzz Aldrin talking to a boy. Now this, I was fine with. I hear a lot of people are upset by this little scene, but I don't see a problem with it. Yes, it does somewhat suggest that the entire story from ME1 to now has been an inaccurate retelling by this old man, but I don't think it makes it concrete. I could just as well choose to interpret it as saying that the entire story of Shepard happened just as I played it, and then, many many years later, this old man has retold it to his grandson, with some changes that we never see. I think the main message of this coda is just that Shepard's story lived on after his death and influenced the future denizens of the universe, which makes sense as he's now become a legend. Even if I have problems with the rest of the ending, I don't see anything wrong with this. Shepard's story is certainly legendary and worthy of homeric retellings.

And really, how can you get upset at a scene that ends with the line, "And every life is a special story of its own?" That's just a beautiful sentiment.

In my opinion that's the worst part.

ENDING spoilers
    It introduces an unreliable narrator for no reason whatsoever. It invalidates more than it enhances.

endin spoilers
    It's the explanation for why there are eight billion kinds of Shepards, what with all the different decisions you can make. I thought that was pretty clear.

But but but.
    That's completely unnecessary. Why would they feel the need to do that? This is silly. This ending is silly. It's not as bad as the entire story of that last Red Faction game, though. That was awful.
    I thought it was clear, since Buzz agrees to tell one more about The Shepard, that it was setting up for DLC stuff.

LIke:
    "...And that's how the Shepard got new clothes for his friends."

"Tell me another story about The Shepard!"

"Okay, one more..."

"...And that's how The Shepard got a new friend to ride around shooting stuff with him."

"Tell me another story about The Shepard!"

ad nauseum

Oooooooooh. DLC. Right. I always forget about that motivation.

I'm like a particularly stubborn breed of Flat Earther, it just doesn't occur to me.

This should be narrated by Marcus Vladov and his son, complete with chalk/crayon drawings.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XTZc29I6dI

"What's a Reaper?!"

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    AngryLunchboxAngryLunchbox Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    lost Mordin.

Dammit Bioware...
    Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Not gonna lie, I teared up a little when he said that.

I knew it was coming, but thought maybe he would be lucky like
    Grunt
    and pull a miracle out of his cloaca.

AngryLunchbox on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Purgatory, mid-game:
    Can't seem to find Cortez to hang out?

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    After lurking in several threads about ME3, (dating back to about June) I decided to finally sign up to the forums and say something.

I've just gotten past Thessia, and I admit, I'm getting too attatched to the characters. I mean, ME 3 took the interactions and fleshed them out even better than ME2 and ME1. My party members actually move to different parts of the ship, joke with each other, cook food, even talk via intercom with the 'guests'. Hell, they even acknowledge that me and Garrus are an item, and not in an unfriendly way. For a non spoiler example, Garrus tells Tali that some chick on the ship got him Turian chocolate. Tali tells me coyly to watch out, that I've got competition.

It also has it's downsides though... spoilers for Rannoch
    Thane, and Mordin, and to a lesser extent, Legion dying. True, they went out in rather great ways, but damn if I didn't start crying. Dammit Bioware, why'd you do this to me? You just killed off my three favourite additions to ME2, couldn't you have off'd Jacob instead? That being said, if there is a renegade interrupt for the Kai Leng fight, my pure paragon shepard will happily slice little pieces of him off and feed to a Varren (He's alive and conscience at this time, of course)

• Options
    edited March 2012
    milk ducks wrote: »

So nya.

Assists help too.

Vanguard is a surprisingly intricate class. The frustrating part is that it's deceptively easy. You can plow through Bronze like a fucking rock star, but that shit don't really fly in Silver, and especially not in Gold. Human Vanguards, with Charge/Nova, can be amazingly powerful / useful, but you seriously have to understand when to let it fly, and when to keep it on the chain. I played with some pretty serious guys the other night (all N7 rank 100 or so, like me) and they didn't even want to stay in the Lobby with me, at first, because they've just had really bad experiences with Vanguards. I was able to prove to them that we can be a really great asset, and now I've got some pretty cool people to hang out with.

Most Vanguards are fucking awful, though. It's to the point, now, where I don't even revive Vanguards anymore. At least not the guys who rush off, away from the rest of the party, and get themselves killed in the first minute of a round. Fuck those guys. Either they'll learn not to do that shit, or they'll roll up another class. Either way, it's not my problem. I'm sure as fuck not wasting resources like Medi-gel and Rockets on Bronze, trying to push up and pick them up from the middle of a goddamn enemy spawn.

Yeah. I've wondered why I've gotten kicked from a few games for no reason. Makes sense now.

Also...Cluster Grenade is ridiculous against large enemies. Saw some Drell using them. I dislike Drell Vanguard myself but I can see why it is effective.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Also a question on galactic readiness.
    Is it always at 50%? I had something like total military strength of 6000+, but effective says 3000. Did I miss something with this?

Readiness goes up with multiplayer victories.

• Options
    milk ducks wrote: »

So nya.

Assists help too.

Yeah. I've wondered why I've gotten kicked from a few games for no reason. Makes sense now.

Also...Cluster Grenade is ridiculous against large enemies. Saw some Drell using them. I dislike Drell Vanguard myself but I can see why it is effective.

I kind of want the Asari Vanguard for Stasis. If I could use that on the tougher enemy and Charge one of its buddies, it would be perfect.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    Ending thoughts
    I didn't hate the ending but it wasn't great. The main issue was that they overcomplicated it by bringing in the catalyst ghost boy and trying to give the reapers some sort of motivation that made no sense. It should have just been Harbinger possessing the illusive mans corpse and explaining the motive they hinted at before, that the reapers think they're doing mortals a favor by turning us into reapers. It's not the deepest motive but at least its makes sense.
    The bit with the Normandy outrunning the blast and crash landing on the jungle planet was made no sense whatsoever though.

• Options
    Shen wrote: »
    Purgatory, mid-game:
    Can't seem to find Cortez to hang out?

The map notes lie
    He's at the upper bar

• Options
    Jakorian wrote: »
    Ending thoughts
    I didn't hate the ending but it wasn't great. The main issue was that they overcomplicated it by bringing in the catalyst ghost boy and trying to give the reapers some sort of motivation that made no sense. It should have just been Harbinger possessing the illusive mans corpse and explaining the motive they hinted at before, that the reapers think they're doing mortals a favor by turning us into reapers. It's not the deepest motive but at least its makes sense.
    The bit with the Normandy outrunning the blast and crash landing on the jungle planet was made no sense whatsoever though.
    As far as the reaper motivation goes, it works better than anything I could think of. The original ME1 version where they wanted to gather tech without working for it or something was really flawed in a lot of ways, and it at least covers why they would kill intelligent races but not all life.

• Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    Scooter wrote: »
    Jakorian wrote: »
    Ending thoughts
    As far as the reaper motivation goes, it works better than anything I could think of. The original ME1 version where they wanted to gather tech without working for it or something was really flawed in a lot of ways, and it at least covers why they would kill intelligent races but not all life.
    but their motive that synthetics and organics cannot coexist was ridiculous. We just made peace with the Geth and Quarians so clearly they can get along.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    So, I have a question. Is the single player game time-sensitive? I.e. can I put off certain missions and do them later, or if I choose to one mission over another, do the others disappear at some point? I've only done sur'kesh, so I'm quite early in the game.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    envoy1 wrote: »
    So, I have a question. Is the single player game time-sensitive? I.e. can I put off certain missions and do them later, or if I choose to one mission over another, do the others disappear at some point? I've only done sur'kesh, so I'm quite early in the game.
    The first batch of Citadel pick-up quests did seem to go away at one point to be replaced with a second batch. I don't recall anything being really important though.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    I was just sent this link to a clip on the ending, which I found quite amusing regardless of my thoughts about the ending itself:

Spoilers, obiviously.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Rhan9 wrote: »
    I was just sent this link to a clip on the ending, which I found quite amusing regardless of my thoughts about the ending itself:

Spoilers, obiviously.
    :^: :^:

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Rhan9 wrote: »

Spoilers, obiviously.
    :^: :^:

Infinitely superior.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    I found some cut dialogue from the end game on youtube

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    That's not cut. You can hear all that if you have enough reputation.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I passed every check in that part of the game and didn't hear it.

• Options
    I am PacalI am Pacal Registered User regular
    The ending actually reminded me of
    KotOR II. OK, it wasn't quite as bad... But it made almost as little sense, and the disconnect between all that had happened before and the last minutes felt similar.

• Options

only the start

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Dox the PI wrote: »

only the start

No I heard it all.

No idea what the flags are, but I definitely heard it.

• Options
    mjekmjek Registered User regular
    Well, that's not depressing as hell. I can see why they cut it- the whole less is more thing. However, I kinda wished that they had left it in depending on who you romanced, or maybe a dialogue earlier in the game about family.

• Options
    Dox the PI wrote: »

only the start

No I heard it all.

No idea what the flags are, but I definitely heard it.

that's....weird

This discussion has been closed.