As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    That's not cut. You can hear all that if you have enough reputation.

only the start

No I heard it all.

No idea what the flags are, but I definitely heard it.

Hmm, I didn't hear it at all either. I had full reputation (or so I thought) and I didn't hear that or

Ending spoilers:
    Manage to convince IM to shoot himself either

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Things I hate:

Grenades

Enemies having infinite grenades.

• Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Krogan Soldier, though. Just, fucking, wow. Most people I see boost Fortification and Rage, and completely drop either Carnage or Inferno Grenades. They rush around headbutting people, and don't get me wrong; I know that it can actually be pretty effective -- I've seen clips of Krogan Soldiers on Gold using Heavy Melee almost exclusively. I just ... don't think that's anywhere near as good as Carnage + Inferno Grenade spam. My Carnage, before I Promoted the character, was dealing 715 or so damage every 1.5-2 seconds, and my Inferno Grenades deal 215+ damage per second in a 7 meter radius. If you put me at a choke point, with an ammo supply close by, I can wrack up kills for days. I was playing Firebase White on Silver yesterday, and when they wanted us to area hack a computer, I pushed up ahead and covered the door. In all seriousness, I took out 2 Brutes, a few dozen Ravagers and Marauders, and tons and tons of Husks. My score, in that one round, went up by about 20,000 points. Get roasted, bitches.

The thing you're forgetting is that running around as an unstoppable engine of head-butting might is fun.

Even the NPC's tend to now know what the fuck is going on when a giant frog-man barrels around the corner and proceeds to hit them with a hay-maker. Suddenly the game's gone from a third person shooter to Wrestlemania and most of them can only keep shooting impotently at the engine of death rolling their way.

• Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hey look what EA lied about!

Algertman on
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Algertman wrote: »
    Hey look what EA lied about!
    Does that unlock the Horizon mission, too?

Doubt it. That was removed from the game after completion I bet.

• Options
    So you're defending this?

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular

only the start
    No I heard it all.

Who'd you romance?

No-one actually. Well, enough with Kelly to get her to feed the fish in ME2.

I romanced Ashley in ME1 and she died on Virmire. So I didn't pick it up with anyone else. Didn't feel like a thing my Shepard would do.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So hey, if that video is accurate, it essentially shows how to pirate the DLC.

So maybe un-imbed it. It's totally possible I'm being totally paranoid, but pirating is one of the few zero-tolerance policies these forums have and I'd hate for anyone to get flak over it.

• Options

only the start
    No I heard it all.

Who'd you romance?

I romanced Liara in ME1 and picked it back up in ME3, and I didn't hear that dialogue. I also had full reputation but couldn't get that last persuade/charm, so I think there may be weirdness going on under the hood.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Algertman, I've seen a lot of dumb stuff about Mass Effect, but the "omg corporate liars BiowEAr is the debbil" is probably the dumbest.
    Did these morons miss the 650mb download? The voice files (like with Kasumi) were there long before because that stuff was all planned and done in advance, the model was there well before because it had the silhouette when the CE was teased like a year before. It doesn't take much to add the combat behavior and combat dialogues. Does it have the character related missions? Does it have the dialogue wheels? Try it and see! Spoiler alert: nope.

One of our favorite devs came back from his vacation early to finish the From Ashes DLC before release -- not enough time for the month or two when the game is content locked and finalized. And please don't embarrass yourself or us by suggesting he was lying. The levels of BSN histrionics has already been a bit much.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure people did a similar thing with Kasumi post ME2 launch

• Options
    spamfilterspamfilter Registered User regular
    Are you sure you heard it all, because for me it starts the same and ends the same, but there is no conversation about Shepard being a dad, that part was cut.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    They did. People found a beta model and voice files for Kasumi on disc. But she wasn't finished.

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular

There are definitely parts I didn't hear in game, and I add full everything.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh fantastic. I made a new multiplayer class, and when I try to switch to my previously created characters, those slots are greyed out and have the lock icon over them.

*edit
    After googling - it seems they don't have a fix for this and its related to going to the store while 'ready'

great.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    No, guys, B$owEAr ripped everyone off by charging them money for content that hadn't been downloaded yet and could be unlocked with an .ini line change. If you were being logical you could see that.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Eh, the day one From Ashes DLC is really a non-issue for me at least. I can believe that it was not completed before the game was content locked, and they managed to finish it before release but too late to be integrated to the core game. From Ashes isn't integral to the game either, although it does provide a lot of interesting plot additions. I kinda viewed it as similar to Shale, as far as DLC goes. People threw a fit about that for little reason in my opinion.

The ending complaints are far, far more legitimate, and personally I am also conflicted about the Tali's face thing:
    You don't actually see her, like one might expect. She takes the helmet off like three times, but always away from the camera, and then you get a shitty photoshop stock image as "Tali" in your cabin. Really, it's better to ignore their lazy solution to this by just mentally replacing it with some of the better fan art on the subject matter, or just think that it's left as a mystery completely.

This is just a minor gripe though. Apart from the ending and this particular point, I absolutely adored the game.

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Wasn't there a rule regarding arguing about DLC?

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

Drop it.

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »

Drop it.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

• Options
    someone should make a song from the biotic sounds
    it wouldn't be hard

• Options
    edited March 2012
    A duck! wrote: »

Drop it.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB
    :^: 

I was just about to do this.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

only the start

No I heard it all.

Hmm, I didn't hear it at all either. I had full reputation (or so I thought) and I didn't hear that or

Ending spoilers:
    Manage to convince IM to shoot himself either

yeah I failed the final intimidate/charm check despite having full reputation for a long time. maybe what they said about your paragon/renegade stuff not mattering anymore wasn't really the case after all...

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    it wouldn't be hard

It'd be the birth of a ground breaking new genre. We could call it . . . Wubstep.

-Oh. Oh that's already a thing.

Well then. Wub wub wub. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Basil wrote: »
    it wouldn't be hard

It'd be the birth of a ground breaking new genre. We could call it . . . Wubstep.

Don't you mean Dubshep?

• Options
    add some reaper foghorns and we're golden

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So...does

Ending stuff
    Anderson die regardless of what you do? I couldn't pass the final check but I shot TIM and Anderson still died.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So...does

Ending stuff
    Anderson die regardless of what you do? I couldn't pass the final check but I shot TIM and Anderson still died.
    Yep.

There's a part in the scene where TIM tries to prove he has control by making you shoot Anderson in the gut.

• Options
    I always smile when I remember someone describing the Reaper Death Rays as beams of pure dubstep.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny FabulousJohnny Fabulous burgin' Registered User regular
    Yo, level 19 Vanguard. How in the hell does a level 5 Soldier score more points than you on the first three waves of Silver? God damn.

We tried nothin' and we're all outta ideas.
    xbl gamertag: sublunary
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So...does

Ending stuff
    Yep.

There's a part in the scene where TIM tries to prove he has control by making you shoot Anderson in the gut.
    Theoretically he could have passed out from shock, and quite frankly it's a miracle that all three of you are conscious, but yeah, he dies.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    He might have been afraid to charge.

Its a neurological condition brought on by exposure to turrets in early life. The only cure is

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny FabulousJohnny Fabulous burgin' Registered User regular
    Judging by how many times the dude felt the need to Charge a group of Centurions with full shields, I'd say that was not the case. I don't know how anyone can clear a public game on anything higher than Bronze.

We tried nothin' and we're all outta ideas.
    xbl gamertag: sublunary
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Does doing the mission Priority: Perseus Veil lock me out of any other missions / sidequests?

I'd like to do it immediately because I'm guessing
    Tali will join during or after it
    , but if I'm wrong about that, it can wait.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Oh god guys, 11,000 views in two days.

In six months or so, if I could get this added to the OP. It would be the greatest experience of my PA life.

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Does doing the mission Priority: Perseus Veil lock me out of any other missions / sidequests?

I'd like to do it immediately because I'm guessing
    Tali will join during or after it
    , but if I'm wrong about that, it can wait.

In general, I'd recommend finishing any sidequests you can before taking on the Priority missions just in case. Sometimes doing priority missions makes sidequests impossible to complete afterwards. If you can't find a way to do a sidequest, then it often becomes available after doing a priority mission(unlocking a system you need to go to or something like that).

• Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    I just finished myself. Since everyone else is sharing their opinions on the ending, why not share my retarded opinion!
    I can see people being upset by it, and yeah, it was disappointing. But honestly the rest of the game more than makes up for it IMHO, and the ending is nowhere near as bad as many people are proclaiming here (and the rest of the internet, to be fair). It was enough for me to see the reapers finally be defeated, even if literally everything else about the universe is left to the imagination. It's probably been said before, but I think it's a small victory for Bioware in its own right for people to be so mad/frustrated about an ending like this. At least they got people emotionally invested enough to be so disappointed. And for me the journey (all 3 games, really) more than makes up for an ending that leaves some to be desired.

Also, I really like that NG+ is useful again. It's nice to jump right into being a goddamn angel of death with all your previous fun gadgets intact.

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    How does NG+ work, anyhow?

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Archonex wrote: »
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Krogan Soldier, though. Just, fucking, wow. Most people I see boost Fortification and Rage, and completely drop either Carnage or Inferno Grenades. They rush around headbutting people, and don't get me wrong; I know that it can actually be pretty effective -- I've seen clips of Krogan Soldiers on Gold using Heavy Melee almost exclusively. I just ... don't think that's anywhere near as good as Carnage + Inferno Grenade spam. My Carnage, before I Promoted the character, was dealing 715 or so damage every 1.5-2 seconds, and my Inferno Grenades deal 215+ damage per second in a 7 meter radius. If you put me at a choke point, with an ammo supply close by, I can wrack up kills for days. I was playing Firebase White on Silver yesterday, and when they wanted us to area hack a computer, I pushed up ahead and covered the door. In all seriousness, I took out 2 Brutes, a few dozen Ravagers and Marauders, and tons and tons of Husks. My score, in that one round, went up by about 20,000 points. Get roasted, bitches.

The thing you're forgetting is that running around as an unstoppable engine of head-butting might is fun.

Even the NPC's tend to now know what the fuck is going on when a giant frog-man barrels around the corner and proceeds to hit them with a hay-maker. Suddenly the game's gone from a third person shooter to Wrestlemania and most of them can only keep shooting impotently at the engine of death rolling their way.

Oh, I mean I get it, man. Don't get me wrong; it totallly is fun. I just don't think it's super-effective. I keep trying to look up information on Carnage and Inferno Grenade mechanics, and all I ever see on the subject is basically, "Fuck Carnage, fuck Inferno, just headbutt shit". And I find that a little frustrating, is all. I capped out Rage before I Promoted (capped everything but Fortification), and whenever I think it's safe, I'll totally melee 3 mooks in the middle of a round. That damage resistance bonus is huge, and Krogans already have high HP / Shields.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Emporium wrote: »
    I just finished myself. Since everyone else is sharing their opinions on the ending, why not share my retarded opinion!
    I can see people being upset by it, and yeah, it was disappointing. But honestly the rest of the game more than makes up for it IMHO, and the ending is nowhere near as bad as many people are proclaiming here (and the rest of the internet, to be fair). It was enough for me to see the reapers finally be defeated, even if literally everything else about the universe is left to the imagination. It's probably been said before, but I think it's a small victory for Bioware in its own right for people to be so mad/frustrated about an ending like this. At least they got people emotionally invested enough to be so disappointed. And for me the journey (all 3 games, really) more than makes up for an ending that leaves some to be desired.

Also, I really like that NG+ is useful again. It's nice to jump right into being a goddamn angel of death with all your previous fun gadgets intact.

Same here Emporium. The argument that...
    The rest of the game/series is shit because of two minutes of footage is beyond dumb. Especially since Shepard can survive, and the crew is safe, if seperated.

manwiththemachinegun on
This discussion has been closed.