As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• Options
    Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Inter_d wrote: »
    I honestly dislike the increased unlock for aliens.

Keep me from getting any decent guns. Well...I've gotten a few but I would like a few more.
    Thing I hate most about the ending
    Your choices for the last 3 games

MEANINGLESS

None of it makes a goddamn bit of difference. You do all that, and oh here's 3 fucking buttons pick your ending.

It soured me so much on human revolution I haven't touched it since, why the fuck would Bioware repeat that

You know I really don't understand this.
    At the end of the day the choices you make are the choices you make. Saying something is meaningless because things didn't turn out the way you wanted them to is pretty silly, imo.

I mean I've read the ending and I know that Shepard is going to bite it for the most part. Yet I don't think that somehow invalidates the conversations I have with squadmates about what we're going to do once everything is over.

The choices you made at the time were in the best interests of the galaxy simple as that.

That being said I have a much different perspective on these kinds of games than other people.
    I'm saying the choices I made were meaningless because they had no effect on the outcome, the game just told us "here are the endings, pick one" and we get nothing beyond that

What happened with the quarians, most of their population is on Rannoc, how are they doing?
    Since the Salarians are mostly intact, are they now the dominant power in the galaxy?
    How long until the races were in contact with each other again?
    WHY DID THE NORMANDY CRASH, AND WHERE THE HELL IS THAT PLANET AT?!

Have you ever thought that the reason those things are
    uncertain because they are uncertain?

I think people underestimate just what the ending means. At the end of ME3 for better or for worse you have pretty much stopped thr Reapers. You have stopped a race of sentient beings who have been guiding the galaxy by their plans for millions of years now.

And that's why I think the end of ME3 is great. Because for the first time in those years the universe is finally free of Reapers. Which while refreshing also leaves a sense of uncertainty. Remember that the galaxy has been dependent on Reaper tech to the point where they never bothered to understand, that's gone and with it a future with many possibilities.

Also, problem I have with those questions is that yeah they would be nice to know but at the end of the day those aren't things that need to be answered immediately.

Mass Effect has always been Shepard's story and his/her quest to stop the Reapers. That's it. All that other stuff about the Krogans, Quarians, etc while nice were just there to help paint the universe.

And ME3 does end Shepard's story(which is actually why the special ending annoys me). And even though Shepard's story ends the story of the universe is still ongoing it doesn't have a definite conclusion. If anything the destruction of the Reapers just opens more mysteries.

As for what will come of Shepard's actions who knows, and I believe that's the point. Many things could happen.

I don't know I think people are so used to having things spelled out for them that they can't appreciate an open ending.

So tell me if they had an actual ending that tied up the most pressing loose ends and gave us some actual closure on this story and the wonderful world inside it but you had to work for it by completing some arbitrary set of requirements, would you pick it?

I'm glad you like the endings. I am.

I don't. I want closure, I want to know what the effects were of the decisions I made because ending so abruptly with a token epilogue that can be applied to all endings is not doing it for us.

I'm not telling you to be mad or to demand the everything-spelled-out ending that we want, just don't claim we're philistines because we can't accept such an unsatisfying end to what is an amazing 5 year journey.

I'm not even saying change the endings, I'd be pleased as punch if they just gave us an actual epilogue that tells us our friends are okay/dead and what the state of the galaxy is after this major war.

Who ever said I was mad? Believe me I love defending my points and I'm downright giddy right now.
    And like I said for the most part I believe Mass Effect close what he needs to close, that being Shepard's story. Shepard fought to give the galaxy and chance at a future free from the control of the Reapers and he did that.

What they do with that is up to them.

As for what happened to your friends. Yeah, sure, I guess that would be nice to know but it isn't needed.

I believe your crew gets stranded I guess that's scary. It would be simple if the game just told you they died, or if someone told you they lived but they didn't.

I myself believe that it would kind of cool in the way if they died off there, sacrificing everything along with Shepard to create a future. Though I could also see how some would want to believe they made it and things didn't end badly.

Interesting how you look at it.
    No one did, I'm saying the point of speaking out about these frustrations isn't to recruit more folks to the cause.

Apparently it is needed by those of us who want closure, but it's fine that you don't.

I would be pissed but I'd be fine with the forced martyr endings if they were each as well done as Mordin's.
    Mordin's sacrifice makes us cry because we were along his journey of redemption and got to see it through with him. If you went full paragon through the whole series not only did he save the krogan species but Mordin also helped you give them the fighting chance to redeem themselves and find a peaceful equilibrium with the rest of the galaxy.

For Shepard, we get to die, strand all the aliens in our system, destroy intergalactic travel, watch the Normandy go down on an unfamiliar planet with the rest of our crew (who were inexplicably picked up sometime after I got on the citadel), and we never get to find out if any of our decisions even mattered.

All we know is that years, decades, or centuries afterwards there is at least 2 humans left in the galaxy telling our story.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Rannoch spoilers:
    OH FUCK Jonah just got screwed again

Also: Goddamn, Gerrel, at least when Koris sent me to storm a Geth ship he didn't shoot the thing from under me. That gets your shit punched.

• Options
    YnuuYnuu Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Some other ending thoughts:
    I agree Sniper, a large part of what I'd have liked would be some fleshing out of the ending. Like, how does the control option work - does Shepard assume direct control or is Shepardness disseminated throughout the Reaper consciousness ala Legion? And for the destruction option, why do the Geth have to die? I assumed at the time it just destroyed all reaper tech, which would include the Geth with their Reaper updates, but some clarification... And there are a lot of other gaps of knowledge too that others are addressing, I'm just stuck on the very end at the moment.

But, I'm more willing to submit all of those questions to the whims of space magic (the synthesis option is wholly space magic to me but I don't mind so terribly) than I am to go without having any idea of what happened to all of my squadmates and friends and allies. The reason any of the scenes in the game had any emotional impact, for me, was because of them. Mordin's redemption, Legion's sacrifice (I was strongly considering the destruction option as the actual best choice - then I remembered 'does this unit have a soul'), Liara's pain on Thessia (I never really cared for the Asari). These things are what made the events of ME3 and the series as a whole so damn amazing, and the ending is to me incomplete until I find out what happened to my crew.

Ynuu on
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Part of it for me is that they really seem to know what people want to see, they do SO much right and then this gets thrown in at the end. They just had to know people would react very very poorly to this ending. It doesn't come even close to doing the series justice. The game had some really epic moments, some really well written stuff, and then we get this at the end. I keep looking online expecting an explanation, an apology, an early aprils fools, something. It just really ruined the whole story for me. I was JUST talking about how I feel it's the best piece of science fiction I've seen then I get this shit ending.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    God damn any adept class that isn't the Asari Adept is fucking dead weight. Adepts are absolutely WORTHLESS against anything with armor or shields and in higher difficulty levels, that's basically everything.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    mjek wrote: »
    The rule that character's actions have consequences, and that they build upon one another to create a continuity of story from opening to close. That's a lot of college major bullshit, so I'm going to use some examples for comparison: The Original Trilogy and Harry Potter, because then most everyone here will know what I'm talking about.

1) The ending of Return of the Jedi happened completely because of the character's choices and their struggles, and nothing else. The Force didn't just descend and solve everyone's problems by waving its hand. Then, then last scenes showed resolution for the characters: Han and Leia cemented their relationship; Anakin was redeemed and Luke earned his knighthood; the Rebellion had been victorious. In ME3, you hobble over to hologram and get your ending handed to you without absolutely no input from your previous choices or any other character.

2) Like ME3, Deathly Hallows built it's ending around plot points introduced within itself- the titular Hallows and Harry's love-driven survival. However, those plot points had been foreshadowed and setup from the very beginning of the series- look at how Harry defeated Quirrel or why Voldemort needed his blood; they were plot points that setup the fact that Harry's ability to love was his saving grace. in ME3, the Crucible is a barely-explained MacGuffin, and its actual traits are never even hinted at.

Also, did you noticed that we never actually learned who built the Reapers, when, or why? All we get is some line about synthetics and organics which is demonstrably false by the rest of the story.

It's like one writer handled the rest of the game, and another wrote the ending without the two ever speaking to each other.

Hmmm...couple of problems with that.

Knowing the origin of the Reapers isn't really vital to the story. The game gives you "hints" as to what the Reapers may be about but never flat out tells you. That's actually a writing convention of ambiguity being a good thing. It opens up debate and allows the reader/viewer to flex their own mental muscle instead of having it spoonfed to them.

The ending of Mass Effect happens because of Shepard. Everything you've done so far from ME1 to ME3 have been building up to your confrontation with the Reapers and the game does give you that. I think that is the main hangup people have. They want to see what Shepard actions cause AFTER the Reapers when really that was never the point of anything he was doing. You can even see it in the game, depending on how you play, Shepard can show a lot of uncertainty with his/her actions. But he/she does them anyway because they're trying to change the here and now.

Basically, what I'm saying is what happens after the Reapers isn't imperative to Shepard's story. Which has a very definite end.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Rannoch again:
    AW FUCK Koris naw bro why you gotta be a hero

why couldn't you just be a dick like you were on the Rayya

why couldn't you turn out like Udina

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    God damn any adept class that isn't the Asari Adept is fucking dead weight. Adepts are absolutely WORTHLESS against anything with armor or shields and in higher difficulty levels, that's basically everything.

Warp does extra armour damage, other biotics with high Force still stagger enemies with shields.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Moar ending thoughts:
    As for the Catalyst not explaining itself as to the choices, that the whole reason the Catalyst and Reapers exsist is because they're the originial synthetics that rose up and killed their masters and started the cycles.

Like Chessboxing and others have said, I feel betrayed by the ending. It seemed half-assed, like, "Okay, we're done here, pack it up quick and let's get outta here." I don't especially mind the actual endings, but I would have liked to have seen how Shepard's story affects his close friends and the immediate aftermath. Even if it was just his squad on the Normandy adding his name to the list in the crew quarters would have been enough.

I felt admiration and regret when Mordin stepped in that elevator, I felt sadness praying with Kolyat. I felt bro-hood hanging with Garrus and that awesome soft feeling of romance. I felt the oppression of having all this weight squared on one man having to do so much, then when I saw three buttons that said, "PICK ONE," at the doorway, I just felt really fucking empty.

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    Major spoilers, endgame question
    This...is probably the end of the ME universe's timeline, isn't it? The choices Shepard makes are just so disparate. I don't see how you could have an ME4. Even ignoring the destruction of the relays (which is huge, I mean...someone on Earth could never see someone on Rannoch), the different Krogan, Geth/Quarian outcomes etc., the difference between organic/synthetic synthesis and destroying the Reapers is just too great.

I guess I was expecting finality, I just didn't expect such a level of...Finality

• Options
    edited March 2012

You're crazy, I've been playing a human adept, the damage is excellent. There's just a few issues. You have to be able to set up biotic combinations to get the most of them, which can be a pain, and you don't get credit for the damage your team is getting when you're warping things armor.

They aren't hot against shields though, I'll give you that. They *toast* armor though.

Chessboxing909 on
    "I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I swear I can't go anywhere on the internet without people trying to spoil this game for me.

What makes people think its a good idea to throw out details about a game on their Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, etc? Nothing major has been spoiled for me yet, but I like everything in a game to me 100% discovered on my own. I didn't even watch trailers for this game.

Do you have to completely avoid the internet to be able to enjoy anything these days?

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    mjek wrote: »
    The rule that character's actions have consequences, and that they build upon one another to create a continuity of story from opening to close. That's a lot of college major bullshit, so I'm going to use some examples for comparison: The Original Trilogy and Harry Potter, because then most everyone here will know what I'm talking about.

1) The ending of Return of the Jedi happened completely because of the character's choices and their struggles, and nothing else. The Force didn't just descend and solve everyone's problems by waving its hand. Then, then last scenes showed resolution for the characters: Han and Leia cemented their relationship; Anakin was redeemed and Luke earned his knighthood; the Rebellion had been victorious. In ME3, you hobble over to hologram and get your ending handed to you without absolutely no input from your previous choices or any other character.

2) Like ME3, Deathly Hallows built it's ending around plot points introduced within itself- the titular Hallows and Harry's love-driven survival. However, those plot points had been foreshadowed and setup from the very beginning of the series- look at how Harry defeated Quirrel or why Voldemort needed his blood; they were plot points that setup the fact that Harry's ability to love was his saving grace. in ME3, the Crucible is a barely-explained MacGuffin, and its actual traits are never even hinted at.

Also, did you noticed that we never actually learned who built the Reapers, when, or why? All we get is some line about synthetics and organics which is demonstrably false by the rest of the story.

It's like one writer handled the rest of the game, and another wrote the ending without the two ever speaking to each other.

Hmmm...couple of problems with that.

Knowing the origin of the Reapers isn't really vital to the story. The game gives you "hints" as to what the Reapers may be about but never flat out tells you. That's actually a writing convention of ambiguity being a good thing. It opens up debate and allows the reader/viewer to flex their own mental muscle instead of having it spoonfed to them.

The ending of Mass Effect happens because of Shepard. Everything you've done so far from ME1 to ME3 have been building up to your confrontation with the Reapers and the game does give you that. I think that is the main hangup people have. They want to see what Shepard actions cause AFTER the Reapers when really that was never the point of anything he was doing. You can even see it in the game, depending on how you play, Shepard can show a lot of uncertainty with his/her actions. But he/she does them anyway because they're trying to change the hear and now.

Basically, what I'm saying is what happens after the Reapers isn't imperative to Shepard's story. Which has a very definite end.
    That's one point I will agree with you on. The Reapers should have been left completely alien. We were told from start to (near) finish that there reasons are incomprehensible because they're the old ones, the techno/organic dark gods from the abyss.

What we learn instead (at the end) is that they're simply part of a bizarre system to allow organic life to continue. They're servants, simple enforcers that happen to carry the genetic material of former advanced species. I think the Catalyst claimed they were the best of the galaxy or some such, but since all reapers follow the reaper code of destroy all life every 50k years, we can all pretty much assume that they're operating on the same logic as catalyst either because of indoctrination or because no matter what every civilization once liquified, put into reaper form, and finding out about the "inevitable" cycle agrees with catalyst's solution.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    The more you think about it, the more depressing those endings become.

I mean,
    Tali had just recovered her home world.

Good luck gettin' back there now.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Fantastic ambient scene (after Tuchanka spoilers):
    After Tuchanka, Garrus and Joker are trading jokes in the cockpit on the Normandy. Personal favorite:

Joker: "What does a turian do when it runs out of ammo?"

Garrus: "It pulls the stick out of it's ass and starts beating people to death with it."

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular

You're crazy, I've been playing a human adept, the damage is excellent. There's just a few issues. You have to be able to set up biotic combinations to get the most of them, which can be a pain, and you don't get credit for the damage your team is getting when you're warping things armor.

They aren't hot against shields though, I'll give you that. They *toast* armor though.

If it works like ME2, SMGs did great shield damage and with the -90% weight mod they don't even weigh anything.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    jackisreal wrote: »
    What's "the special ending" in broad terms?

Ending spoilers
    Basically you get a teaser that Shepard might not be dead.

woah woah woah

Can you elaborate?

this video is the extra he is referring to.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    My favorite was
    Something like:

Joker: "What's the hardest thing about seeing a Turian that took a rocket to the face?"
    Garrus: "Figuring out which side took the rocket."

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Warp makes almost anything with armor a joke. The time difference in my team taking down an armored enemy that I'm warping and one that I'm not is huge.

Granted I play an Asari but about the only time I use Stasis is to get a Phantom to hold the fuck still while I charge up my Arc pistol and headshot it. It's kinda handy for peons but Warp+Arc spam works just fine.

I don't really enjoy Adept nearly as much as my Infiltrators though. Especially since I unlocked the Widow last night.

• Options
    Moar ending thoughts:
    As for the Catalyst not explaining itself as to the choices, that the whole reason the Catalyst and Reapers exsist is because they're the originial synthetics that rose up and killed their masters and started the cycles.

Like Chessboxing and others have said, I feel betrayed by the ending. It seemed half-assed, like, "Okay, we're done here, pack it up quick and let's get outta here." I don't especially mind the actual endings, but I would have liked to have seen how Shepard's story affects his close friends and the immediate aftermath. Even if it was just his squad on the Normandy adding his name to the list in the crew quarters would have been enough.

I felt admiration and regret when Mordin stepped in that elevator, I felt sadness praying with Kolyat. I felt bro-hood hanging with Garrus and that awesome soft feeling of romance. I felt the oppression of having all this weight squared on one man having to do so much, then when I saw three buttons that said, "PICK ONE," at the doorway, I just felt really fucking empty.
    Yeah, this, there's these great emotional scenes with real characters, real choices, then this ending just feels so tacked on. Like it was rushed, or there wasn't enough cash to do a real ending or something. When every other character in the series dies there's a good amount to it, a good scene, some chat about it, the mass effect universe owns it and it fits. This just felt like some tacked on crap, it makes no sense, it feels lazy and it damages the entire series validity as truly great science fiction. It makes me think of how I felt after walking out of the theater right after seeing Alien 3. It's not quite as bad but still, it's pretty GD bad. I just don't understand how this ending made it to release. At the very least it could have been fleshed out. How about an explanation as to how Joker ended up making a run for it, what happened to some of the others, just SOMETHING. It's not just that I'm angry, I'm fucking hurt, I was really devoted to these characters, this series, this story, and this entire ending, everything after going up that stupid elevator, seemed like it was phoned in by someone who didn't give a shit and just wanted to collect a check.

• Options
    TejsTejs Registered User regular
    You know, I just realized that

(Unresolved Storyline from ME2 with some ME3 spoilers, including endgame spoilers)
    We never find out what was happening to Haestrom's sun. Like at all. Why was the star aging so quickly? Was it just the Geth dreadnought? Completely forgotten, unless that is going to be a DLC mission.

What happened to all those people on the Citadel when it got ported to Earth? HOW did it get ported to earth?

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    been really enjoying my MP engineer with the vindicator.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Tejs wrote: »

(Unresolved Storyline from ME2 with some ME3 spoilers, including endgame spoilers)
    We never find out what was happening to Haestrom's sun. Like at all. Why was the star aging so quickly? Was it just the Geth dreadnought? Completely forgotten, unless that is going to be a DLC mission.

What happened to all those people on the Citadel when it got ported to Earth? HOW did it get ported to earth?
    Thems people got processed, I imagine.
    As for HOW it got to Earth?
    Reapers did it with space magic.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Well as for what happened to the people on the Citadel:
    When Shepard wakes up he's surrounded by corpses. Pretty sure that's your answer right there.

Grimdark indeed

RT800 on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular

I've been pulling top place with the drell adept on gold no problem. Spam reave, throw the occasional cluster grenade, I only pack a submachine gun to burn down shields which leave me with pretty much instant skill regeneration. The only class I find really useless on gold are vanguards, fuck those guys.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Every time I see that clip with the old man and the kid looking out into space I just get so pissed. I want to hear that Reaper sound and see a big fucking laser just turn them both into dust.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    been really enjoying my MP engineer with the vindicator.

Engineer is definitely my favorite class thus far in MP. I currently rock a Carnifex, keeps my cooldowns under 3 seconds and it can put the hurt on things. Wish I could find an ammo mod though as I frequently have to hit the crates.

The assist points I pick up laying down the multi-target overload and wide area incenerate are sick. I can lead the team in points and have less than 30 kills.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    The only class I find really useless on gold are vanguards, fuck those guys.

hahahahaha

not quite, sir

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    orpheusorpheus Registered User regular
    Gamestop accidentally sold my collector's edition copy. They sold me the standard, and had another collector's shipped out, saying I could return the standard (even though it's for PC) and pay the difference for the collector's edition. So I have the standard installed and activated, so the key is mine now. I gave that one back (they said they will defect it out) and now have my collector's edition.

I'm curious if anyone knows exactly how this will work on Origin. Does the collector's edition key give you all the bonus stuff, and the separate key in the box gives the Ashes DLC? Will I even be able to add this extra product key to my game? I can go ahead and try it out and see, but I figured I'd see if anyone knows how this will work before I screw something up. It would also be nice if I end up with an unused key so I can play coop with my PS3 friend.

Thanks for any info offered.

But, if you are after mere parlor tricks, you will be sorely disappointed. For if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, but your very soul!
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Yeah, but then you're just sitting here going; What the hell did I just prepare all of these Citadel jack weeds for if they all just get insta killed? I expected some kind of fight through the Citadel to the Superlaser control panel and you'd get assistance along the way based on the decisions you made.

Perhaps another ME3 playthrough where Shep is just a complete dick to everyone is the way to go. Genophage? Eff you. Does legion have a soul? Nope, now go toast me some bread. Taking all of you down with me in the reaper final battle.

Tejs on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular

Originally the plot was going to have the mass relays causing dark matter store up so the reapers would show up and kill everyone to stop galactic destruction
    then they scrapped that whole plot

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The day 1 DLC character in the CE is really good. Very happy with how he worked out. Really do think this guy should have been available for everyone who bought new.

Really enjoying the game, but it has some odd technical issues and I still really hate how they made EDI
    a sexy robot woman for no coherent reason except fanboy pandering I can assume.
    But this is a minor complaint in the scheme of how good me3 actually is.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options

Yeah, but then you're just sitting here going; What the hell did I just prepare all of these Citadel jack weeds for if they all just get insta killed? I expected some kind of fight through the Citadel to the Superlaser control panel and you'd get assistance along the way based on the decisions you made.

Perhaps another ME3 playthrough where Shep is just a complete dick to everyone is the way to go. Genophage? Eff you. Does legion have a soul? Nope, now go toast me some bread. Taking all of you down with me in the reaper final battle.

I hadn't thought of this, but this is a BIG part of it for me-
    You know, thats another BIG reason I'm disappointed. Look at the big finale in Mass Effect 2. All the upgrades, squad loyalty, we see how all of that effects the big battle. Here we don't see nearly as much involved in the finale. Our choices don't seem to hold as much weight there at the end. While in ME2 we chose who did what, saw the upgrades to the ship get us to the collector base safe/or not, here we just see the stupid 'war room' numbers go up and that's it.

• Options
    Dox the PI wrote: »

Originally the plot was going to have the mass relays causing dark matter store up so the reapers would show up and kill everyone to stop galactic destruction
    That would make more sense than the actual ending, although the obvious plot hole of why they would keep the mass relays around when it causes galactic destruction is there.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    I'm giving away Mass Effect 3.

Also, @takyris I have been ordered to make you submit an entry, regardless of the fact that you own the game.

So get on it!!!!

I'll be taking entries through Friday night/Saturday morning, and since I work Saturday I can be convinced to evaluate anything submitted up to 1600 EST.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    That was some pretty good voice acting by Martin Sheen toward the end there at least.

RT800 on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    DLC 2 Squad member please

Ichaxo, Keeper Engineer

Do it

Tejs on
  • Options
    Dox the PI wrote: »

Serious? hunh...

wonder how that whole situation would have been tackled in ME3.

• Options

I hadn't thought of this, but this is a BIG part of it for me-
    You know, thats another BIG reason I'm disappointed. Look at the big finale in Mass Effect 2. All the upgrades, squad loyalty, we see how all of that effects the big battle. Here we don't see nearly as much involved in the finale. Our choices don't seem to hold as much weight there at the end. While in ME2 we chose who did what, saw the upgrades to the ship get us to the collector base safe/or not, here we just see the stupid 'war room' numbers go up and that's it.
    You get that turret schematic to C-Sec - if you do, there would be a room with no turrets in it, since they got cleared out, and a C-Sec guy nodding his head as you guys fight past. Didnt get the schematics? Well, now you have a room full of turrets.

Or you get all that medigel to the hospital; that saves C-Sec lives while you're fighting through, giving some brief NPC assistance in a large battle a-la Jack's biotic kids. Didnt do the quest? No special NPCs.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

Most everything has shields in higher difficulties though which makes the adept lose a lot of effectiveness. Meanwhile the Engineer is laughing his balls off and not giving a fuck no matter what target he's presented. Every time I play a biotic class all I can think of is just how much easier the Engineer has it.

wWuzwvJ.png
This discussion has been closed.