As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metastasis, a [mini-Phalla] - Game Over. Mafia Victory.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Hmm, very interesting. So how do we verify an identity?

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Have multiple people attack someone and hope enough of them arn't mafia to lie to you?

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Isn't the proteins ability a net disadvantage then?

It strikes me that guarding someone at random is a poor move.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Are proteins village-aligned?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Isn't the proteins ability a net disadvantage then?

It strikes me that guarding someone at random is a poor move.

It's the way normal guarding has always worked. Ish.

romanqwerty. I need a vote :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    I'll stick with my !Cythraul vote unless someone has compelling info.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Are the dead viable vote targets in this phalla?

Dead, but not eliminated, players are eligible to be voted out.

Sad, really. They can't even defend themselves!

• Options
    Are proteins village-aligned?

At the beginning of the game, yes.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Okay, plan change based on this new info.

We will be splitting the village into two halves, based on signup number. The low and high half. Tonight, we all attack only those in the low half (the first 12 living, ie 1-14). Proteins only guard those in the upper half. Ideally, all upper half deaths should be of non-mafia, helping with identifications. This should double up attacks more often, letting us break through any protein guards the mafia gets while also avoiding the problem of village powers interfering with each other. Tomorrow we switch what halves are getting attacked and guarded.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I guess Smoove operator then.

I am guessing one of the killed is a mafia and we have someone vouching for at least one of the dead so that leaves three choices.

By voting within the dead we also prevent the mafia from being able to eliminate an extra target as a possible Rac1and force them to keep guessing.

My main problem with Phyphor's plan is that based on what we learn today, I suspect people may be wanting to target their kills based on suspicions on both reveals and voting habits. What we learn tomorrow may very well cause such a system to break down, leaving the top 12 better defended in that case compared to the bottom half.

Also if the mafia have some sort of guard besides the proteins they may have only one or two people in the lower half and can target their guards as well to prevent death. I don't really have a better idea but assuming 6 mafia with 2 "dead" that leaves only 4. The chance of there being only one mafia member in the lower 12 would be pretty good.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Assuran wrote: »
    Are the dead viable vote targets in this phalla?

Dead, but not eliminated, players are eligible to be voted out.

Sad, really. They can't even defend themselves!

Hm

Hmmmmm

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, we have a 1 in 3 chance of voting off mafia today if we vote for a dead person (INANTP). Is that what the village wants to do?

• Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    Sounds good. Smoove

• Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    What if we did a hybrid or Phyphor's initial plan and the newly vamped one. When we are inserting the prime number, it would just be half? That way it is still random enough that hopefully we hit several different people?

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I meant, of course, INANTP was good, that's what I get for posting when I've just woken up from 3 hours of sleep.

Sure, let's go with Smoove

If you're good Smoove, all apologies.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Smoove

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Smoove time

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    smoove i guess

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Smoove your time is now! Well, again.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Personally, I really don't like the vote someone who's dead plan. We could have one or two people who are dead mafia in there. The ideal case is actually that all three of them hit mafia. They revive and three of them say I hit So and So. Even if that isn't the case, I think the loss of information available to the village is not worth keeping the mafia guessing, so, I'm staying with Kime.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Need to vote, but feel meh about Smoove, so let's go with JABmonkey

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I'm not sure voting for "dead" people (when we have a 1 in 3 chance) is the best idea, since the odds aren't significantly better than they would be for the general population, and it gives us less information on who's who on Day 4.

For lack of a better option, Sportsboytjw

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    But The Quest is The Quest.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    If we kill dead villagers via the vote, we also kill any information that have.

sprotsboytjw

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    You win again, logic!

Not sure who to go for but...
    Smoove

• Options
    Lets see if this !Smooves things over.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Probably should mention that Daylight Savings Time just started in the U.S. Because that may have caused some confusion, I'm going to extend today's deadline to 9:00 EDT (still 1:00 AM GMT). Future deadlines will still be at 8:00 EDT (12:00 AM GMT).

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Crazy daylight savings time, screwing with everything.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Damn you, Benjamin Franklin.

• Options
    jdarksun for yelling at me in Wiz-War.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Thank god. Neither the 23 hour day or the 3 hour nap I had to take to deal with the 23 hour day have fucked me!

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Voting for dead people is stupid and I hate it.

sportzboy

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote:
    Okay, plan change based on this new info.

We will be splitting the village into two halves, based on signup number. The low and high half. Tonight, we all attack only those in the low half (the first 12 living, ie 1-14). Proteins only guard those in the upper half. Ideally, all upper half deaths should be of non-mafia, helping with identifications. This should double up attacks more often, letting us break through any protein guards the mafia gets while also avoiding the problem of village powers interfering with each other. Tomorrow we switch what halves are getting attacked and guarded.

i'm retracting my Phyphor vote because i like this plan.

Sportzboy because it is unsporting to kill someone while they're unable to speak.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I am not totally sold on the vote-the-dead plan (although that's probably partially because I have not been paying close enough attention) and the other votes seem pretty random so I am going to grudge-vote Langly.

• Options
    I'm also not very fond of killing those who are unable to defend themselves.

sportzboytjw

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    gaslight I haven't even done anything to you lately!

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    So, why sportzboytjw compared to say romanqwerty, cythraul or ketbra? Just wondering.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Because he has the most votes and vote close is coming up fast

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    o crap!!! smoove Sorry was driving all day!!

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.