As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Brazilian Jiu-[Chat]su

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    isn't IQ 100 always the average

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    shits coming down the line bros

shit is coming

but we arent going to see the benefits of it im almost certain

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    goeey you're living in a world where genius iqs are normal already

check out da flynn effect

Genius IQs are normal

The deaf have neural implants

Members of the public carry around communications devices that respond to plain English commands

We can instantly communicate to the majority of the world any time we want for free

we are living in the future

Services that download REDACTED to their servers with gigabit Internet connections and then stream REDACTED to your computer less than 5 minutes after you started the download.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Full of double-double

Is it just that I am expected to work 2.5 more hours?

Shouldn't it be nap time?

desc on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    shits coming down the line bros

shit is coming

but we arent going to see the benefits of it im almost certain

whyzzat

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    Whoo, Chu! hope you'll be accepted.

thanks. however, it wasn't an examination to determine entrance to the college. that's automatically granted. it was an examination to determine where i'll be 'placed' on the hierarchy of courses- what courses i can take my first semester without needing to take prerequisites.

my primary goal is to be allowed to take calculus in the fall.

From what you've described I doubt you'll have a problem there. I'd be very surprised if they didn't let you start at Calc 1.

thanks for the vote of confidence! from what i hear so long as you're well spoken and polite you can convince almost any department head to waive a requirement (within reasonable limits). it's very important to me that i take calc. i hope to transfer to a competitive school and as a STEM major, 'remedial precalc' or, god forbid, 'collegiate algebra', would make my transcript look like shit.

so i've got my fingers crossed!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Abdhyius wrote: »

On the Stanford-Binet, yes.

But the SB is shit from a butt.

There are other intelligence tests that show a gradual increase in average intelligence - like Army entrance exams, for instance.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    because im willing to bet we will find ways of slowing certain types of degenerative problems and ageing, but we will be unable to simply reverse them

which is fuqed up yo

the other possibility is we go full retard on stem cell shit and grow entire body parts in vats and then its just like oh your body is falling to pieces here have a replacement one but then it turns out we cant do microsurgery on the neck well enough to connect the nerves BUT THEN it turns out you literally just inject stem cells into that shit like they did with those fucking rats and then you have to relearn how to use your whole body but it turns out its ok because your tits dont droop no more

... you dig?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

Genius IQs are normal

Members of the public carry around communications devices that respond to plain English commands

We can instantly communicate to the majority of the world any time we want for free

our public transportation is non existent
    our network infrastructure is strung together with paperclips and prayer
    we have a strong religious zealot faction component to our government
    warrantless wiretapping
    civilian assassinations

I agree we are living in the future

It's just a dystopian one.

uh, maybe for you, Johnny Reb

but those of us in the glorious utopia up north are livin' it up in our futuristic wonderland

did you know i saw the doctor this week?

guess how much it cost me

• Options

There are other intelligence tests that show a gradual increase in average intelligence - like Army entrance exams, for instance.

...and that is not shit from a butt?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    because im willing to bet we will find ways of slowing certain types of degenerative problems and ageing, but we will be unable to simply reverse them

which is fuqed up yo

the other possibility is we go full retard on stem cell shit and grow entire body parts in vats and then its just like oh your body is falling to pieces here have a replacement one but then it turns out we cant do microsurgery on the neck well enough to connect the nerves BUT THEN it turns out you literally just inject stem cells into that shit like they did with those fucking rats and then you have to relearn how to use your whole body but it turns out its ok because your tits dont droop no more

... you dig?

i dig yo

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular

You norm the questions against your sample population to be 100. If you don't re-norm them, then shift for whatever reason can send the average score achieved by people taking it either up or down until you re-norm it for your population.

• Options
    Pony wrote: »

Genius IQs are normal

warrantless wiretapping
    civilian assassinations

but those of us in the glorious utopia up north are livin' it up in our futuristic wonderland

more americans should try being horrifically poor like me. free universal healthcare in the universe of chu. 8-)

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Genius IQs are normal

warrantless wiretapping
    civilian assassinations

So you're not living in a Dystopia. We are. I think a utopia and a dystopia could exist on the same planet.

• Options
    so i've decided cause i dont want to have kids im going to use the money i'd use on their college to get my boobs lifted when im 45

can you help me out

i want botox on my balls, so they'll be smooth as eggs

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    so i've decided cause i dont want to have kids im going to use the money i'd use on their college to get my boobs lifted when im 45

• Options
    the army one is the only IQ test I've taken

I got an 8

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

...and that is not shit from a butt?

Pretty much all intelligence testing can be divided into: completely shit, mostly shit, and kind of shit.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options

Genius IQs are normal

warrantless wiretapping
    civilian assassinations

So you're not living in a Dystopia. We are. I think a utopia and a dystopia could exist on the same planet.

oh for sure i am just saying

champagne-cipriani-ows-23809-20110928-104.jpg

the view up here is nice, man

• Options
    And there are different flavors of shit depending on whether you want your shit to be internally consistent, shit that's consistent with other shit, shit that's generalizable within a culture, or shit that's generalizable across cultures.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Why would you drink coffee black? The texture is too thin and the mouthfeel is all wrong.

Nobody on earth thinks drinking black coffee is tough except people who do it until someone else pulls them aside and clarifies that it's not a shortcut to becoming Johnny Cash.

every coffee connoisseur I know of drinks their coffee black, or maybe with a bit of sugar if the coffee isn't good enough to stand on its own.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I have test anxiety so I can't trust IQ test scores.

I'm probably a super genius but there is no way to know for sure. 8->

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    tonight i am going out to a chain restaurant

i may break my diet real hard for the first time tonight if i order dessert :|

WHAT DO

• Options
    Why would you drink coffee black? The texture is too thin and the mouthfeel is all wrong.

Nobody on earth thinks drinking black coffee is tough except people who do it until someone else pulls them aside and clarifies that it's not a shortcut to becoming Johnny Cash.

Good coffee tastes good black!

• Options
    Coffee tastes better black. Unless you are a babby.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I decided a couple years back that having a child is a financial and emotional burden I'd rather not have.

But I still really like sex, so I want to still have that, and I'm not a huge fan of contraceptives in my monogamous permanent relationship, so

I was like "What if, I could get a doctor to slice into my genitals with a laser and install titanium implants thereby rendering me sterile but still sexually potent?"

turns out I just had to ask for it!

and it was done

cost me zero dollars

I brag about this often because it is a perfect example of how I live in a wonderful futuristic country

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

Genius IQs are normal

warrantless wiretapping
    civilian assassinations

are these the WALL STREET EXECUTIVES MOCKING OWS that were really just some people at a wedding?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    What's next, putting milk and sugar in our whiskey and wine?!

• Options
    oh so there were a surprising number of really hot girls at my college. i was too queasy about my test to try to convince any of them that putting my dick in their mouth was a good idea... but i might try it another day.

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »

Genius IQs are normal

warrantless wiretapping
    civilian assassinations

are these the WALL STREET EXECUTIVES MOCKING OWS that were really just some people at a wedding?

yes

i found it by GISing "occupy wall street champagne"

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »

Genius IQs are normal

warrantless wiretapping
    civilian assassinations

You are correct sir.

• Options
    Organichu they are all children. Pedo.

• Options
    I decided a couple years back that having a child is a financial and emotional burden I'd rather not have.

But I still really like sex, so I want to still have that, and I'm not a huge fan of contraceptives in my monogamous permanent relationship, so

I was like "What if, I could get a doctor to slice into my genitals with a laser and install titanium implants thereby rendering me sterile but still sexually potent?"

and it was done

cost me zero dollars

I brag about this often because it is a perfect example of how I live in a wonderful futuristic country

I went to the dentist about the bits of teeth falling out - the dentist that set me up with new teeth after my face plant

he just went oh you're not going to pay for this

and then he fixed it

life sure is sweet in the Utopias

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I don't need utopia because I never get sick.

I'll need utopia when I get hit by a car though.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    1. Finished my exam, but someone pulled the fire alarm half way through and we had to move it to another building.

2. Surely the myostatin blocker in production is published in literature? Granted it's something relatively simple like a single peptide enzyme, and with how Arch showed me how you can build a simple molecular biology lab for $500... Bitches we could go into business.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

every coffee connoisseur I know of drinks their coffee black, or maybe with a bit of sugar if the coffee isn't good enough to stand on its own.

So not only is the texture thin and watery, they sometimes add sugar

I will go ahead and disregard their opinions without a second thought now

• Options
    like five years ago I had a stroke that damaged my brain, fucked up my ability to work, and required me to be permanently medicated in order to function

for some people the medical treatment when it happened alone might've bankrupted them but it cost me nothing

and now I get the medication for free and the government helps pay my rent while I return to a life of full time work and I've made startlingly good recovery from the damage and have daily cognitive behavioral therapy techniques to help

what a country

• Options

So not only is the texture thin and watery, they sometimes add sugar

I will go ahead and disregard their opinions without a second thought now

You whiteys always put milk and sugar in your coffee!

• Options

and it was done

cost me zero dollars

I went to the dentist about the bits of teeth falling out - the dentist that set me up with new teeth after my face plant

he just went oh you're not going to pay for this

and then he fixed it

life sure is sweet in the Utopias

a month ago i was eating some pistachios and one of my back teeth just fuckin' shattered in half

p painful

saw a dentist about it within the week and got a fancy nice replacement

cost to me?

zero dollars

• Options
    like five years ago I had a stroke that damaged my brain, fucked up my ability to work, and required me to be permanently medicated in order to function

for some people the medical treatment when it happened alone might've bankrupted them but it cost me nothing

and now I get the medication for free and the government helps pay my rent while I return to a life of full time work and I've made startlingly good recovery from the damage and have daily cognitive behavioral therapy techniques to help

what a socialist hellscape

This discussion has been closed.