As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Of Yordles, Suppordles and Sort-of-Yordles

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Invisible Teemo in a bush!

I park next to him and spam Starcall for a good 90 seconds!

An enemy has been slain!

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Nautilus's art and flavor are fantastic. Really dig the sound work on him too. If nOthing else, artistically cohesive and well executed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    Yeah Nautilus is an incredibly well-done champion. He's pretty balanced right now too, if a tiny tiny bit strong. Now he just needs a Big Daddy skin and I'd never stop playing him.

• Options
    What boots do you run on Soraka? I've gone mostly Boots 5, but I'm considering CDR boots to take the edge off the CD on the heal.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    CDR almost always.

Merc Treads also viable.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    What boots do you run on Soraka? I've gone mostly Boots 5, but I'm considering CDR boots to take the edge off the CD on the heal.

Ionion or Mercs.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    The few times I've gone support Taric I've felt I would have been better as soraka/sona , or if I'm trying to get kills blitz or alistar. His heal seemed almost worthless, so you have his stun and armor boost/dmg.

I was probably just doing it wrong though

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    lmao at that kit after all of xypherous's posts about how giving AoE CC to a support was a horrible decision with sona and they've learned their lesson etc

gonna be broken as hell

Well the skill and positioning requirements of something like this is pretty far and above Sona's fire and forget ult.

true

but we've got a 100% track record for xypherous's characters being overpowered

and this character sounds waaaaay too good already

what are you talking about. riven and renekton got buffed immediately after release. just because they got overbuffed doesn't mean they were overpowered to begin with.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Poppy with boots 3, Triforce, and Miracle can chase down Ezreal, even after three wall jumps.

Also, Poppy versus GP top with Tryndamere jungle? It's like you want me to get fed.

• Options
    Mattitude87Mattitude87 Registered User regular
    League of Legends: Mattagascar
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Kennen/Galio/Fiddlesticks/Leona/Ezreal.

SO MUCH FUN.

I went up against Malz mid as Galio just to get over my mortal fear of that floating purple guy. He'd throw a full combo on me and it would do like... nothing. It was so good.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    The few times I've gone support Taric I've felt I would have been better as soraka/sona , or if I'm trying to get kills blitz or alistar. His heal seemed almost worthless, so you have his stun and armor boost/dmg.

I was probably just doing it wrong though

I have the same problem. The heal does very little and eats mana, and I feel pretty useless having a melee attack. It annoys me because Taric was my first "main" back when I had no idea what the game was about and thought Taric was best used to teleport in with some minions and sneakily demolish towers.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Taric is clearly underpowered relative to other support choices at this point in time, in my opinion.

• Options
    Taric is a manly man for manly players. You just gotta max out Shatter asap, and take armor yellows, reds, and quints (HP5 quints also work).

All you gotta do is run in and tank the enemy team while your carry cleans up the mess you leave behind you. Once you hit level six, ERW+Exhaust followed up by your Caitlyn or Sivir landing a clean Q and two auto attacks is about 70% of a carry's or support's life bar, and since Taric is rocking 120 armor at this point, he's mad baller at taking tower hits.

• Options
    LefLef Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »

SO MUCH FUN.

I went up against Malz mid as Galio just to get over my mortal fear of that floating purple guy. He'd throw a full combo on me and it would do like... nothing. It was so good.

Yes, but a Malz in that situation should just farm really hard and push. then he should gank sidelines.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Jurrassic Kog'maw OHEMGEE

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular

You know, Riot understands very very well that I really like to spend money. I <3 both those skins.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    lmao at that kit after all of xypherous's posts about how giving AoE CC to a support was a horrible decision with sona and they've learned their lesson etc

gonna be broken as hell

Well the skill and positioning requirements of something like this is pretty far and above Sona's fire and forget ult.

true

what are you talking about. riven and renekton got buffed immediately after release. just because they got overbuffed doesn't mean they were overpowered to begin with.

Well, Renekton got a nerf hammer on him like the Fist of God on the day before release. He was, by all reports, more OP than release Xin Zhao so they nerfed the shit out of him right before they released him. Go check the champion spotlight. At level 11 at 1/0/0 he 1v2s jungle Irelia with red buff and heimerdinger, under hiemer's turrets then tower dives them for the double kill. His cull and stun both have 3 second cooldowns with just brut/kindlegem. It was fucking insane. About a day after release, they admitted to doing a last second hatchet job just so he didn't break the game, and doubled a bunch CDs and nerfed his base stats as well. If it hadn't been for that, Renekton would have gone down in memory as the most OP champ ever.

Seriously, I'd play the shit out of Renekton if he still had 13/12/11/10/9 sec cooldown on slice and dice, 9/8/7/6/5 sec cooldown on his Q and W, and 120/90/60 cooldown on his ult.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Didn't take Graves very long to get a new skin.

butts
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Mafia street sweeper Graves.

I hardly ever play AD Carry but I'll buy the shit out of that skin.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Also I think Nhat is playing Lulu on his stream? Is he at Riot or something? WTFUX

http://www.own3d.tv/live/10955/Nhat_Nguyen

Edit: Lulu has a Baker's Daughter type skin whose polymorph model is almost certainly a cupcake.

Fucking sold.

Edit x2: Jurassic Kog'Maw's splash art is really well done.

Rius on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    zerg rush wrote: »

gonna be broken as hell

true

Well, Renekton got a nerf hammer on him like the Fist of God on the day before release. He was, by all reports, more OP than release Xin Zhao so they nerfed the shit out of him right before they released him. Go check the champion spotlight. At level 11 at 1/0/0 he 1v2s jungle Irelia with red buff and heimerdinger, under hiemer's turrets then tower dives them for the double kill. His cull and stun both have 3 second cooldowns with just brut/kindlegem. It was fucking insane. About a day after release, they admitted to doing a last second hatchet job just so he didn't break the game, and doubled a bunch CDs and nerfed his base stats as well. If it hadn't been for that, Renekton would have gone down in memory as the most OP champ ever.

Seriously, I'd play the shit out of Renekton if he still had 13/12/11/10/9 sec cooldown on slice and dice, 9/8/7/6/5 sec cooldown on his Q and W, and 120/90/60 cooldown on his ult.
    Renekton's cooldowns are just too goddamn long right now for what he does.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Those are some.... kind of impressive ratios for so much utility.

Really low mana costs too.

• Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    zerg rush wrote: »

gonna be broken as hell

true

Renekton's cooldowns are just too goddamn long right now for what he does.

Its too bad that Renekton is going to continue to be not-so-great for a long time because Riot is "scared" of buffing him out of control. When, Realistically, he just needs a real passive and reduced CDs. Maybe a change to his Q so that it actually does some healing

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Those are some.... kind of impressive ratios for so much utility.

Really low mana costs too.

Gonna support the shit out of the enemy team.

• Options
    99 magic damage added to AA at 15?

On hit / attack speed lulu inc.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Poppy with boots 3, Triforce, and Miracle can chase down Ezreal, even after three wall jumps.

Also, Poppy versus GP top with Tryndamere jungle? It's like you want me to get fed.

one of my favourite deaths was kiting Wukong all the way from his second top tower to my second top tower as Janna before I died

and only realizing after the fact that he had boots 2 and I had forgotten to buy any

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Riot stepping up their game!

Curious to see the death animation for Jurassic Kog'maw.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Lef wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »

SO MUCH FUN.

Yes, but a Malz in that situation should just farm really hard and push. then he should gank sidelines.
    He tried that. I'd push right back, soak up his DoT so his push wasn't as effective, and follow him to the sidelane. It was glooooorious.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    99 magic damage added to AA at 15?

On hit / attack speed lulu inc.
    That's what I said!

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    massive damage

sweet ganking tools

ad and ap steroids

jungle lulu yes

edit: mf+lulu bottom too stronk

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    Her AP and possible AD applications seem so good, the only reason she would be played support is because thats somehow even better.

But that Q could really really be a pain in he DICK mid with that damage CD and range. Stand back shield minion to prevent them last hitting hit Q from miles away harass. Be a dick.

Also 60 AP at max rank W, thats not bad. Not great, but not bad.

• Options
    She looks like tons of fun.

• Options
    malmortius.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2012
    New AD caster item is not from brutalizer :(

Its just an improved Hexdrinker. 55 AD 35 MR 400 magic damage shield and 1 AD per 2.5% hp missing.

so 40 max AD if you.... are dead.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Its not a bad change, I guess cause hexdrinker was a good item that suffered from nothing to build into.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I tried queueing for ranked and got midway through champ select before my nerves got to me and I backed out (by clicking x after someone else dodged.)

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    MORE LIKE MAW OF DR. MUNDO

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    that is pretty useful I think since hexdrinker isn't a bad item, it's just not an end game item.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Mundo likes new item.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
This discussion has been closed.