Options

Take My [Chat] Away!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I remember breaking in to my neighbor's house by opening the front door.

Because in my home town, people only lock their doors when they are home and asleep.

I broke into my grandma's neighbors house this way once. I wasn't paying attention, walked right in, and didn't notice anything was amiss until I reached for the iced tea pitcher in the fridge.

No one saw me, but I hauled ass out of there.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    around where i live the standard is to lock the door when you're leaving the home or when you're sleeping. seems not-crazy to me.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Because in my home town, people only lock their doors when they are home and asleep.

I broke into my grandma's neighbors house this way once. I wasn't paying attention, walked right in, and didn't notice anything was amiss until I reached for the iced tea pitcher in the fridge.

This story raises further questions!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    My GF sent an article on how to break into your own home if you get locked out, asking me if it would work on her place. I'm slightly insulted but rather smug. I do pity the bastard trying to knock off the knobs to her door with a hammer.

I have broken in through our windows more times than I can count when i've forgotten my keys.

All I need is A. A ladder and a second floor window cracked a little open and not minding to scratch the fuck out of my arm

or B. A piece of wiring or a thin, flexible stick.

Yes, I did think of entry via the windows. They are break resistant and have the option to be opened a little and locked in place.
    In an erotic board game, what're the consequences of the worst possible roll?

Auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Ours lock in place too. But usually it's just the little thing on the inside you have to lift up to get them all the way open I have to defeat, for the second floor windows.

Our cellar windows though, I can get open even when they're closed and locked. I know the precise spot to tap on so that the vibrations makes the lock pop open, and then I can get the window a centimetre open, and then get the locks the rest of the way off with the wire.

What I'm saying is, get inventive.

It's not one of the window latches. It's closer to a deadbolt in the frame, with security glass.

security glass is better than regular glass because it won't cut you to shit and kill you

more than one aspiring burglar has been killed climbing through a broken window

The windows in question are impact resistant. I'd have to check the exact specs for them but they will handle a baseball bat pretty well. A axe can get through them if the firefighter is willing to take a few wacks. But thankfully once your people were wussified, the odds of a home invasion involving an ax went down dramatically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jofsub9RM6Y&feature=BFa&list=FLTeq0ER6bNGWmtLmAemQCfQ&lf=mh_lolz

28:00

EDIT: and 38:00

EDITEDIT: and 41:00

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I just had an idea for making a facebook app which was some sort of persistent sex dice "campaign" for a collection of particularly kinky swinger players.

It would have score boards.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Oh really

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    why are they remaking total recall

why cant they leave my childhood alone

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Oh man

Today's google logo

FUCK YES

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    My friends growing up had a big dog as their security system. Former police German Shepard. Nice dog. I do recall the first time I met him. I walked in the door and ended up flat on my back with the dog on top of me. The look on his face was "We're gonna stay right here till a person comes and tells me to remove your throat or that we're friends. I really, really want to be friends with you". And the whole time his tail was wagging. Scary, yet doggie friendly.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    total recallin

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    desc wrote: »

Oh really

I didn't like Colin Farrel when he was the flavor of the week, but I thought he was really good in In Bruges and surprisingly funny in Fright Night.

But I don't know why you'd remake Total Recall, much less make it look very serious.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Dogs are awesome.

People and dogs are like...like eukaryotic cells and the organisms that became mitochondria.

That is to say, eventually we will incorporate them into our bodies.

Winky on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Dogs are awesome.

People and dogs are like...like eukaryotic cells and mitochondria.

Gross.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Dogs are awesome.

People and dogs are like...like eukaryotic cells and the organisms that became mitochondria.

This seems like good science.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    most of my childhood demolitions experience was directed towards ant piles.

this is how i found out about the impressive combustible power of gasoline

gotta use diesel unless you want like burns or something.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Gooey I'm really enjoying this dubstep drawing

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    I love the retarded plan the guys had for getting into Nokas.

"Old building, not originally a cash counting building: back window has got to be a normal window, right?"

woops.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Dogs are awesome.

This seems like good science.

Kind of NSFW and potentially nightmare fuel:
    DogWoman.jpg

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

I hereby decree that I shall not see this movie if it doesn't have the line "get your ass to Mars".

• Options
    most of my childhood demolitions experience was directed towards ant piles.

this is how i found out about the impressive combustible power of gasoline

gotta use diesel unless you want like burns or something.

diesel just... burns. Gasoline explodes.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    My GF sent an article on how to break into your own home if you get locked out, asking me if it would work on her place. I'm slightly insulted but rather smug. I do pity the bastard trying to knock off the knobs to her door with a hammer.

I have broken in through our windows more times than I can count when i've forgotten my keys.

All I need is A. A ladder and a second floor window cracked a little open and not minding to scratch the fuck out of my arm

Yes, I did think of entry via the windows. They are break resistant and have the option to be opened a little and locked in place.

Ours lock in place too. But usually it's just the little thing on the inside you have to lift up to get them all the way open I have to defeat, for the second floor windows.

Our cellar windows though, I can get open even when they're closed and locked. I know the precise spot to tap on so that the vibrations makes the lock pop open, and then I can get the window a centimetre open, and then get the locks the rest of the way off with the wire.

It's not one of the window latches. It's closer to a deadbolt in the frame, with security glass.

security glass is better than regular glass because it won't cut you to shit and kill you

The windows in question are impact resistant. I'd have to check the exact specs for them but they will handle a baseball bat pretty well. A axe can get through them if the firefighter is willing to take a few wacks. But thankfully once your people were wussified, the odds of a home invasion involving an ax went down dramatically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jofsub9RM6Y&feature=BFa&list=FLTeq0ER6bNGWmtLmAemQCfQ&lf=mh_lolz

I didn't think bullet resistant glass was called for. And I wanted firefighters to be able to get in case of emergency.

• Options

Oh really

I didn't like Colin Farrel when he was the flavor of the week, but I thought he was really good in In Bruges and surprisingly funny in Fright Night.

But I don't know why you'd remake Total Recall, much less make it look very serious.

They remake everything. Who knows. I wonder how much demand there is to see Total Recall again.

It seems like people would either be annoyed or not care at all that a remake existed.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Good afternoon Donkey,

My grandma and her neighbor had the same style house and neither locked their door.
    I walked into the wrong house.
    I drink unsweetened ice tea like nobodies business.
    If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to call me at extension x4999

Thanks,
    Deebaser

• Options

Oh really

They remake everything. Who knows. I wonder how much demand there is to see Total Recall again.

It seems like people would either be annoyed or not care at all that a remake existed.

They could do something more faithful to the short story.

• Options

I didn't think bullet resistant glass was called for. And I wanted firefighters to be able to get in case of emergency.

are there transparent explosives?

I just had the greatest idea:

reactive armor windows

try to smash them, get a faceful of high-velocity glass

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Gooey I'm really enjoying this dubstep drawing

my favorite bit was the white sunglasses, in the dark

919UOwT.png
  • Options

Michael Ironsides as Cohagen!?
    AWESOME!
    META!

• Options

reactive armor windows

No. Just no.

• Options
    there is no way that can go badly.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

reactive armor windows

So you want to blow up your own windows for them?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Good afternoon Donkey,

My grandma and her neighbor had the same style house and neither locked their door.
    I walked into the wrong house.
    I drink unsweetened ice tea like nobodies business.
    If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to call me at extension x4999

Thanks,
    Deebaser

I mean, was it night time? Were you intoxicated?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    total recall... is that arnold on mars or harrison ford with the people-like robots

• Options

reactive armor windows

Yes!

It's exactly like reactive armor, except instead of foiling a HEAT round, you're foiling a guy with a sledgehammer. By slicing him to bits.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I don't mind a total recall remake. to me that makes a lot of sense actually. anything based on already existing material makes sense to remake (reinterpret, reimagine) to me, all the more so in a genre that benefits so much from technological advancements.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options

Michael Ironsides as Cohagen!?
    AWESOME!
    META!

Michael Ironsides should be in everything.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    total recall... is that arnold on mars or harrison ford with the people-like robots

ahnold on Mars.

Blade Runner was ford.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Total Recall was fun in an 80s kind of way but really, it's garbage. A remake could only improve things.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    FUCK me Mass Effect 3 is at Walmart for $30

Less then a month

• Options

reactive armor windows

Yes!

It's exactly like reactive armor, except instead of foiling a HEAT round, you're foiling a guy with a sledgehammer. By slicing him to bits.

But if there's two guys then you just removed the other dude's barrier to entry and doubled his share of the loot simultaneously!

• Options
    For example: four titted aliens? Anything is possible!

This discussion has been closed.