Options

Take My [Chat] Away!

• Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    total recall... is that arnold on mars or harrison ford with the people-like robots

Arnold on Mars.

Other one's blade runner.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Total Recall was fun in an 80s kind of way but really, it's garbage. A remake could only improve things.

SCREW YOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORW1kuxx2xY

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    His name is Michael Ironside.

You only say Ironsides when you are referring to several of him.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    They could do something more faithful to the short story.

As long as they leave the fight between Lori and Melina.

Because Jessica Biel is Melina and Kate Beckinsale is Lori in the new one.

:winky:

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I remember breaking in to my neighbor's house by opening the front door.

Because in my home town, people only lock their doors when they are home and asleep.

I broke into my grandma's neighbors house this way once. I wasn't paying attention, walked right in, and didn't notice anything was amiss until I reached for the iced tea pitcher in the fridge.

No one saw me, but I hauled ass out of there.

This story raises further questions!

Good afternoon Donkey,

My grandma and her neighbor had the same style house and neither locked their door.
    I walked into the wrong house.
    I drink unsweetened ice tea like nobodies business.
    If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to call me at extension x4999

Thanks,
    Deebaser

I mean, was it night time? Were you intoxicated?

Nope, daytime. I didn't visit all that often and wasn't really paying attention. I briskly moved from the living room filled with old lady furniture and way too many pictures of the grandkids (not noticing that it was not familiar old lady furniture and the pictures weren't of my cousins), to the kitchen where the lack of an ice tea pitcher in the fridge clued me in that something was very wrong.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Variable wrote: »
    Total Recall was fun in an 80s kind of way but really, it's garbage. A remake could only improve things.

SCREW YOU

Variable. Love you, but have you watched it recently?

This is like people complaining about Michael Bay ruining Ninja Turtles. There is literally nothing for him to ruin.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    His name is Michael Ironside.

You only say Ironsides when you are referring to several of him.

The only way we're gonna get him in everything is via cloning. Thus my post is correct.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Reactive armor glass

pros:

1. Would be layers outside of normal armoured glass, so you're not losing anything

2. YEAAAH TRY BREAKING IN TO MY HOUSE WITH FIVE KILOS OF GLASS EMBEDDED IN YOUR FACE

3. Kids will not play football by your house twice.

cons:

1. If you know about it, can be defeated without much effort. Hm. Devise additional security measures.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Summary: If you don't lock your doors, idiot teenagers will raid your fridge.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Dude, spin off movie.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    For example: four titted aliens? Anything is possible!

I thought she had three?

That left quite the impression on me as a child.

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    My GF sent an article on how to break into your own home if you get locked out, asking me if it would work on her place. I'm slightly insulted but rather smug. I do pity the bastard trying to knock off the knobs to her door with a hammer.

I have broken in through our windows more times than I can count when i've forgotten my keys.

All I need is A. A ladder and a second floor window cracked a little open and not minding to scratch the fuck out of my arm

or B. A piece of wiring or a thin, flexible stick.

Yes, I did think of entry via the windows. They are break resistant and have the option to be opened a little and locked in place.
    In an erotic board game, what're the consequences of the worst possible roll?

Auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Ours lock in place too. But usually it's just the little thing on the inside you have to lift up to get them all the way open I have to defeat, for the second floor windows.

Our cellar windows though, I can get open even when they're closed and locked. I know the precise spot to tap on so that the vibrations makes the lock pop open, and then I can get the window a centimetre open, and then get the locks the rest of the way off with the wire.

What I'm saying is, get inventive.

It's not one of the window latches. It's closer to a deadbolt in the frame, with security glass.

security glass is better than regular glass because it won't cut you to shit and kill you

more than one aspiring burglar has been killed climbing through a broken window

The windows in question are impact resistant. I'd have to check the exact specs for them but they will handle a baseball bat pretty well. A axe can get through them if the firefighter is willing to take a few wacks. But thankfully once your people were wussified, the odds of a home invasion involving an ax went down dramatically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jofsub9RM6Y&feature=BFa&list=FLTeq0ER6bNGWmtLmAemQCfQ&lf=mh_lolz

28:00

EDIT: and 38:00

EDITEDIT: and 41:00

I didn't think bullet resistant glass was called for. And I wanted firefighters to be able to get in case of emergency.

are there transparent explosives?

I just had the greatest idea:

reactive armor windows

try to smash them, get a faceful of high-velocity glass

So you want to blow up your own windows for them?

Yes!

It's exactly like reactive armor, except instead of foiling a HEAT round, you're foiling a guy with a sledgehammer. By slicing him to bits.

But if there's two guys then you just removed the other dude's barrier to entry and doubled his share of the loot simultaneously!

Like reactive armor on tanks is on the outside of the regular armor, this would have to be on the outside of normal armoured glass. You don't want it to blow inwards.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

SCREW YOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORW1kuxx2xY

YES

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

Kate Beckinsdale is the most forgettable face in Hollywood. I mean, I know that she gets work pretty consistently and I've probably seen a few of those films, but I'd be at a total loss to describe her.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    @spool32 Remember yesterday about the cigarettes and the firing and the whu-hay gloiben? This seemed relevant for Texas.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-health-resources/health-reform-and-texas/victoria-hospital-wont-hire-very-obese-workers/
    “In Texas, employers cannot discriminate against employees because of their race, age or religion,” said DeDe Church, an Austin-based employment lawyer. “Weight is not one of those protected categories.”
    “This is discrimination plain and simple,” said Peggy Howell, public relations director for the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance. She said a hospital should know that lots of medical conditions lead to obesity or weight gain. “So the field of medicine is no longer an option for people of larger body size? What a waste of talent.”

• Options
    edited March 2012

SCREW YOU

Variable. Love you, but have you watched it recently?

This is like people complaining about Michael Bay ruining Ninja Turtles. There is literally nothing for him to ruin.

I'm just playing around, it's a quote from the movie. (I even just said I like the idea of a remake of total recall)

I disagree about the turtles thing but not enough to argue with you about it.

edit - @Donkey Kong because I want to make sure you see all of this you bastard

Variable on
  • Options
    Mim wrote: »

I thought she had three?

That left quite the impression on me as a child tiny, milk-hungry babby.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/SCOTUS_con.jpg

What does that sign on the right even meeeeean?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Hm... as a second measure, the frame of the window could release mustard gas, triggered by the reactive glass layer going off.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

And why is that lady wearing mickey gloves?

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options

I thought she had three?

That left quite the impression on me as a child.

I think he's saying in the remake anything is possible, we may even see four titties on one alien body

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Death panels, man. When everybody has health care, everybody will want breast exams, and of course there's only so many exams to go around.

Death panels!

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Or, hm...

no, the main weakness is that access is too easy.

Solution: aerostat.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

there was the bit a while back about the surgeon general saying that screenings weren't necessary until your 50's or something

previously 40's had been the norm of when it was suggested

some people have suggested that this is tied to uhc and the presumable increase in demand for screening and lack of change in the supply of machines/doctors/etc to do said screening

this was after obamacare was passed iirc

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    @spool32 Remember yesterday about the cigarettes and the firing and the whu-hay gloiben? This seemed relevant for Texas.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-health-resources/health-reform-and-texas/victoria-hospital-wont-hire-very-obese-workers/
    “In Texas, employers cannot discriminate against employees because of their race, age or religion,” said DeDe Church, an Austin-based employment lawyer. “Weight is not one of those protected categories.”
    “This is discrimination plain and simple,” said Peggy Howell, public relations director for the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance. She said a hospital should know that lots of medical conditions lead to obesity or weight gain. “So the field of medicine is no longer an option for people of larger body size? What a waste of talent.”

I don't take health advice from fat people seriously, ever. This is a good call. Also, NAAFA sounds like something a fat dude would order 6 of. Six naffas please, hold the mayo. I'm on a diet!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Guess GAME staffers are quite pissed

BQ8iD.jpg

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    if obamacare gets overturned ill poop on a supreme court justice

poo
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

I don't take health advice from fat people seriously, ever. This is a good call. Also, NAAFA sounds like something a fat dude would order 6 of. Six naffas please, hold the mayo. I'm on a diet!

It doesn't surprise me that you're in support of this ignorance at all.

• Options

You'll need to poop on a local judge first, then a state supreme court justice. You have to follow procedure!

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tea Party:
    "WE ARE STUPID AND WE ARE PROUD OF IT"

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    I am more than a little worried, after reading recaps of the healthcare argument today. When the government says 'trust me, this is a special case we won't expand' a million alarm bells go off in my head. I'm equally unmoved by "it is necessary" as a rebuttal of "it is unconstitutional".

I am worried.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

At least I didn't get insurance through it yet so I have nothing to lose!

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

I thought she had three?

That left quite the impression on me as a child tiny, milk-hungry babby.

boy, I was way past the milk-hungry stage at that point.

• Options
    edited March 2012

Soon after the law went into place, an advisory board set up by it recommended that the mandatory age for breast cancer screening be increased, and insurance companies followed suit by denying coverage for screening before the new, older age.

spool32 on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

In the memo, one of several records used by three physicians of Indian descent to lodge a racial discrimination suit against Citizens, Brown wrote that he felt “a sense of disgust” that more “Middle-Eastern-born” physicians were demanding leadership roles at the hospital. “It will change the entire complexion of the hospital and create a level of fear among our employees,” he wrote.

I'm oftentimes dubious about claims made by special interest groups for obese people, but in this case the hospital that they're up in arms against seems to really deserve the criticism.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    This Tape Library company keeps trying to pass support off to my backup software company. IF YOUR FUCKING DEVICE DOESN'T EVEN SHOW UP IN DEVICE MANAGER

IT'S NOT THE FUCKING BACKUP SOFTWARE

WHEN YOU GET THE DEVICE TO RECOGNIZE IN DEVICE MANAGER AND IT STILL DOESN'T WORK THEN WE'LL FUCKING TALK

FUCK.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

I'm sorry man, I freely admit this is an irrational bias. I cannot bring myself to take health advice from an obese person seriously.

I cant really justify it, but there it is.

• Options
    I am more than a little worried, after reading recaps of the healthcare argument today. When the government says 'trust me, this is a special case we won't expand' a million alarm bells go off in my head. I'm equally unmoved by "it is necessary" as a rebuttal of "it is unconstitutional".

I am worried.

Is it also unconstitutional to create a law requiring healthcare be given to any pedestrian hit by a cement mixer regardless of their ability to pay?

• Options
    As someone who grew up "in" a hospital (my mom worked there for a well respect Cardiovascular Surgeon), hospitals, teaching hospitals especially, are probably one of the last strongholds of the good old boys system. And they're also suuuuuper racist at the top.

• Options
    If I made a sign for that Tea Party rally, it'd be something like, "ACA is the Democrat's version of the Patriot Act! Kill the bill!"

This discussion has been closed.