As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Game Industry Thread: Master Chief -- script delivery boy

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Did someone bring up Monkey Ball Vita without posting this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poqps1bzA7E&feature=player_embedded

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    The 3DS was doing pretty miserably for its first few months of life until the price drop, wasn't it? What did those numbers look like compared to Vita?

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    The 3DS was doing pretty miserably for its first few months of life until the price drop, wasn't it? What did those numbers look like compared to Vita?

Don't remember the exact stats but the Vita is doing worse than the 3DS was at this stage of its life.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Comparatively, it did quite a bit worse during its own launch months as well.

EDIT:

... Well, unless I'm full of shit. I'm trying to find a life to date chart I spotted a while back...

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    What do we have to compare the Vita too to make it look good?
    Atari Lynx? Sega Nomad?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Atari Lynx? Sega Nomad?
    It's almost certainly healthier than the Virtual Boy

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Atari Lynx? Sega Nomad?

Virtual Boy.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

Don't remember the exact stats but the Vita is doing worse than the 3DS was at this stage of its life.

Yeah, I remember seeing comparison charts using the Japan sales data (about the only good numbers we get anymore) and the Vita was lagging behind in compared launch time frames.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sales chart I found:
    statista-portable-console-sales-chart.jpg

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/19/microsoft-q3-results-1-4-million-360s-sold-entertainment-divis/
    microsoftq3slide.png

Despite being the number one best-selling console in America for fifteen months running, the 360's success wasn't enough to prevent Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division from being the only section of the company to post a year-over-year decline in revenue during the third quarter of fiscal 2012.

The Entertainment and Devices Division, which includes Microsoft's gaming businesses and the Windows Phone platform, finished the period ending on March 31, 2012 with $1.62 billion in revenue – a 16 percent drop over the same period in fiscal 2011. During Q3 2012, Microsoft sold 1.4 million 360s, a 48 percent drop year-over-year.

When the entirety of fiscal 2012 is taken into account, however, the Entertainment and Devices Division is actually up as far as revenue is concerned: $7.84 billion so far in fiscal 2012 as compared to $7.42 billion by this time in fiscal 2011. The devision's operation income, on the other hand, is down year-over-year, posting at $627 million for the first nine months of fiscal 2012, compared to $1.24 billion for this time last year.

Otherwise, Microsoft's Q3 performance was strong across all fronts: Overall quarterly revenue rang up at $17.41 billion, a six percent increase over Q3 2011, with a business-wide operating income of $6.37 billion, a 12 percent year-over-year increase.
    Anybody have any idea why the decrease in profit?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So while those numbers aren't exactly super for the-

Wait, wait just one fucking second here,
    vglols.jpg

Nevermind I guess

• Options
    Yeah I know. It was all I could find. Though to be fair it has other sources.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Gotta be Windows Phone. It's doing utterly, utterly horribly. Didn't even sell enough in the last platform chart I saw to not get lumped into the five percent that was "other." (FYI, the smallest single category was BlackBerry at four percent.)

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Thought you guys might enjoy this. Really good talk/panel on making money as an indie. I volunteer for the organization, they put these on once a month at Bungie.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I thought the 3DS did "ok" but below expectations by quite a bit. But I might be wrong.

Also I think Sega is stealing a play out of Nintendo's playbook for that commercial. That totally looks like it should be a Nintendo commercial.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    3DS was doing pretty bad, but that was because of the insane price born of hubris and the lack of system selling games. Once the price dropped and the Sales Trinity released it rised to the heavens.

And apparently Iwata might be dropping another bomb tomorrow:

IPttx.jpg

He announced another Nintendo Direct that's taking place tomorrow at 12:00PM in Japan time.

EVOL on
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    I don't think Nintendo Direct has ever dropped a bomb other than (I think) Fire Emblem. They are cool for getting release dates and videos though.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Did someone bring up Monkey Ball Vita without posting this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poqps1bzA7E&feature=player_embedded

I bet they take the part of the game out where you roll the ball over the pair of boobs(or edit out the boobs and model pictures, rather). Damn you America.

Robes on
    "Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The 3ds did pretty bad because for the first few months there were no good games for it. The launch titles didn't have a game from any of Nintendo's major franchises. It took a price cut and a Mario game for the system to really take off.

Basically what Evol said. I didn't read his post before writing this so yeah!

Robes on
    "Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    He's going to announce that he's quintupling his pay, then kill an intern who doubted him.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Robes wrote: »
    The 3ds did pretty bad because for the first few months there were no good games for it. The launch titles didn't have a game from any of Nintendo's major franchises. It took a price cut and a Mario game for the system to really take off.

Hey, Ghost Recon: Shadows Wars was out. That is an awesome game :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Robes wrote: »

Hey, Ghost Recon: Shadows Wars was out. That is an awesome game :P

It's coming to iOS soon actually. I am looking forward to playing it.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Since Cloudeagle has been demanding non stop updates for his most wanted game here is a big one.

Ignition who?
    Denizens of the Blog of PlayStation,

You know how you’re really excited for something and then something happens and you get even more excited? Like that time you found out they were making a movie for The Hobbit and you were excited…but kinda bummed that Peter Jackson wouldn’t be directing it. But guess what happened: Peter Jackson announced that he *would* in fact direct it, and you got a heck of a lot more excited. Right?

Remember Dragon’s Crown, the next project from Vanillaware announced at last E3, a multiplayer action RPG with beautiful hand-drawn visuals slated to come to PS3 and PS Vita?

BREAKING NEWS: Atlus is taking over publishing duties in Japan and North America! What’s more, key (and very talented) members of the Atlus internal development team will be involved with the project as producer(s). You know, some of the people who’ve worked on games in the critically acclaimed Persona series. Yeah, we know: we’re stoked, too!

What does this mean for the game? For one, it means that it’s going to be better than ever. It will, however, come a bit later than originally expected, as it’s now slated for release in 2013.

When we took over the reins, we realized that a lot of the information made available to the public was ambitious and unfounded conjecture. The release timing, the pricing, and many of the features detailed for fans and members of the press were simply unknowable at the time they were disseminated (and frankly we were quite shocked to find out that many of the details were made public unbeknownst to even the developers).

It’s still way too early in development to be talking about specifics, but we can say that the game simply cannot retail for $29.99. We don’t know where that price point came from, but it is a logistical impossibility. We’re all gamers and we all wished it could be so, but it would have essentially destroyed any chance for profitability.

There’ll be plenty more news on the game in the coming months, and many questions that you’ll want answered. We promise that we’ll do our very best to answer them!

SUMMARY: Dragon’s Crown is still coming to PS3 and PS Vita, Atlus is bringing it (and helping to produce it), and it’ll hit North America in 2013.

*lowers goggles*

You may fire when ready.

Best news ever or breast news ever.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Gotta be Windows Phone. It's doing utterly, utterly horribly. Didn't even sell enough in the last platform chart I saw to not get lumped into the five percent that was "other." (FYI, the smallest single category was BlackBerry at four percent.)

It's too bad, the ui looked neat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    If the Witcher 3 is not made I shall be very, very disapoint.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    RobotSpammerRobotSpammer Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »
    Since Cloudeagle has been demanding non stop updates for his most wanted game here is a big one.

Ignition who?

You know how you’re really excited for something and then something happens and you get even more excited? Like that time you found out they were making a movie for The Hobbit and you were excited…but kinda bummed that Peter Jackson wouldn’t be directing it. But guess what happened: Peter Jackson announced that he *would* in fact direct it, and you got a heck of a lot more excited. Right?

Remember Dragon’s Crown, the next project from Vanillaware announced at last E3, a multiplayer action RPG with beautiful hand-drawn visuals slated to come to PS3 and PS Vita?

BREAKING NEWS: Atlus is taking over publishing duties in Japan and North America! What’s more, key (and very talented) members of the Atlus internal development team will be involved with the project as producer(s). You know, some of the people who’ve worked on games in the critically acclaimed Persona series. Yeah, we know: we’re stoked, too!

What does this mean for the game? For one, it means that it’s going to be better than ever. It will, however, come a bit later than originally expected, as it’s now slated for release in 2013.

When we took over the reins, we realized that a lot of the information made available to the public was ambitious and unfounded conjecture. The release timing, the pricing, and many of the features detailed for fans and members of the press were simply unknowable at the time they were disseminated (and frankly we were quite shocked to find out that many of the details were made public unbeknownst to even the developers).

It’s still way too early in development to be talking about specifics, but we can say that the game simply cannot retail for $29.99. We don’t know where that price point came from, but it is a logistical impossibility. We’re all gamers and we all wished it could be so, but it would have essentially destroyed any chance for profitability.

There’ll be plenty more news on the game in the coming months, and many questions that you’ll want answered. We promise that we’ll do our very best to answer them!

SUMMARY: Dragon’s Crown is still coming to PS3 and PS Vita, Atlus is bringing it (and helping to produce it), and it’ll hit North America in 2013.

*lowers goggles*

You may fire when ready.

So if I am understanding this right, Dragon's Crown had a set release date and price point while it was no where near leaving the development stages? At no point did the Dev team decide it would be a good idea to pull aside a marketing guy and tell them "Yeah hey, those things you are telling the masses, yeah stop that." Glad to see Atlus has decided to pick up the reigns on this project and hopefully they'll get the ball rolling properly on it. Only thing that bothers me is the increase in price. DC looked to be a downloadable that would give you a night's fun with friends, so the initial price point looked solid. I hope Atlus plans on adding content if they plan on going $60 with this release.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

Ignition who?

*lowers goggles*

You may fire when ready.

So if I am understanding this right, Dragon's Crown had a set release date and price point while it was no where near leaving the development stages? At no point did the Dev team decide it would be a good idea to pull aside a marketing guy and tell them "Yeah hey, those things you are telling the masses, yeah stop that." Glad to see Atlus has decided to pick up the reigns on this project and hopefully they'll get the ball rolling properly on it. Only thing that bothers me is the increase in price. DC looked to be a downloadable that would give you a night's fun with friends, so the initial price point looked solid. I hope Atlus plans on adding content if they plan on going $60 with this release.

That's the game with the character art done by the same artist who did Odin Sphere, who's playing extremely fast and loose with human anatomy, right?

Sounds like it was an utter mess behind the scenes. Nice to hear Atlus jumping in and cracking the whip.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

I have absolutely no doubt they are already working on the Witcher 3, especially from some of the Witcher 2 previews. They made the EE with thoughts about supporting the Witcher 3 clearly in mind (hence the expanded ending and epilogue scenes).

Edit: I am also pleased that the entire first run of the Witcher 2 EE on 360 is basically sold out at many of the Sydney game stores I visited today. Hopefully that's a trend worldwide.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

I have absolutely no doubt they are already working on the Witcher 3, especially from some of the Witcher 2 previews. They made the EE with thoughts about supporting the Witcher 3 clearly in mind (hence the expanded ending and epilogue scenes).

Edit: I am also pleased that the entire first run of the Witcher 2 EE on 360 is basically sold out at many of the Sydney game stores I visited today. Hopefully that's a trend worldwide.

Good, good. I'm guessing will be in Nilfgaard going after Yennifer and the Wild Hunt. I really get the feeling all this political business will get smashed to pieces by the Hunt.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Assisting Kickstarters as a way to spend internships?

http://www.ripten.com/2012/04/19/obsidian-playing-matchmaker-for-kickstarter-projects-and-young-developers/

http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/1/entry-163-if-youre-heading-up-a-kickstarter-let-us-know-if-you-want-help/
    If you're heading up a Kickstarter, let us know if you want help.

Obsidian gets applicants for internships all the time from schools across the States, and it may be that if you're forming a Kickstarter, you may need a lot of technical, production, and development help for tasks that students and juniors would love to do to contribute to their careers and education.

If you're running a Kickstarter and would like to consider a pool of applicants to help you hit your game's mark, let us know - there may be interns/juniors in your area or could assist remotely with your tasks and help your game shine. If this is something you're interested in exploring, drop me a line at CAvellone@obsidian.net.

If you're a junior or intern, this isn't a call to send a resume - only await more information. Hopefully, this "kickstarts" some job opportunities and gets folks started up the career ladder. Overall, the hope is Kickstarter may be able to provide more job opportunities to junior and intern students that may be problematic at larger studios.

Chris

C2B on
  • Options
    That's pretty awesome, because it might get me a job!

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Considering Ignition nearly ruined and definitely ruined at least two games via their shitty ass localization this generation I'd call it good news.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Going forward all EA brands to be "Online universes"
    EA is turning all of its brands into what it calls "online universes".
    At EA's UK showcase this week, EA's Northern Europe boss Keith Ramsdale said all of EA's game franchises, including FIFA, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, Star Wars, The Sims and Need for Speed, were being transformed in this way.

This means more than simple online play, Ramsdale explained. It involves being able to play a "brand" across multiple devices, each one contributing to a singular goal - and profile.

Ramsdale used FIFA by way of an example. "Imagine a player gets up in the morning, plays an online match on his 360 before going to work," he said. "On the bus, on his way to work, he practices his free kicks on his tablet. At lunch he looks at the transfer window on his PC. On the way home he chooses his kit on his smartphone.

On the bus, on his way to work, he practices his free kicks on his tablet. At lunch he looks at the transfer window on his PC. On the way home he chooses his kit on his smartphone.
    "Here's the thing: when he gets home to play again on his 360 that evening, all those achievements and upgrades will be alive in his game."

Ramsdale said online universes allow the consumer to play "how he wants, when he wants and on the device he wants".

"We're very focused on transforming all of our brands into these online universes. That gives the consumer full control of how and when they play in a rich world of content."
    We've already seen some of this with the BioWare developed Mass Effect 3. Players are able to contribute to their Galactic Readiness in the main game by playing the Mass Effect Datapad companion app on their smartphones.

WARNING:

All potential universes to be wiped out by EA Gods via server shut downs once deemed non profitable .

Cade on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    This is turning into the Where's Waldo of the gaming industry.

Except everyone's looking for Waldo (Wally to the UK) in The First of Octember. And Waldo doesn't exist. Valve aren't making a Steambox, and they aren't making a console with Apple. They haven't been all along, not even since the first rumour.
    Episode 47 in the Valve/Apple/Nintendo/Ditch Witch saga:
    Apple CEO Tim Cook and Valve head Gabe Newell did not actually meet last week as rumored, according to a new podcast interview with Newell.

He squashed the week-old rumor in an interview with the fine folks at Seven Day Cooldown, who were kind enough to let us in on some early excerpts from the fascinating and far-ranging discussion with Newell. He didn't dodge the question:

We actually, we all sent mail to each other, going, "Who's Tim Cook meeting with? Is he meeting with you? I'm not meeting with Tim Cook." So we're... it's one of those rumors that was stated so factually that we were actually confused.

No one here was meeting with Tim Cook or with anybody at Apple that day. I wish we were! We have a long list of things we'd love to see Apple do to support games and gaming better. But no, we didn't meet with Tim Cook. He seems like a smart guy, but I've never actually met him.

http://kotaku.com/5903555/gabe-newell-says-valve+apple-meeting-didnt-happen

I'll just be over here, in the Smug Assholes Who Were Right About This corner.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Ignition who?

*lowers goggles*

You may fire when ready.

Its actually more of Ignition said all this shit and the dev team didn't even know

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

It's really the best mobile OS I've used. I haven't had a chance to play with Android v4 yet, but compared to iOS and Android 2.3 and earlier, I love WP7.

I think the biggest problems Microsoft faces with it is device saturation (Verizon and Sprint have nearly no devices, and none that are 4G) and App selection, perceived and actual. When you see a site say they have a mobile app, it's always iOS and often also Android. Very few include WP7, even from companies that have the resources to do a third platform (Steam/Zynga). While day-to-day apps are all there, if the public doesn't see WP7 on some of the news-making games/apps, they won't know it exists.

Microsoft really needs to bribe handset makers and carriers alike to flood the market and advertising space with WP8 if they want to start making gains on iOS and Android.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    ArcSyn wrote: »

It's really the best mobile OS I've used. I haven't had a chance to play with Android v4 yet, but compared to iOS and Android 2.3 and earlier, I love WP7.

I think the biggest problems Microsoft faces with it is device saturation (Verizon and Sprint have nearly no devices, and none that are 4G) and App selection, perceived and actual. When you see a site say they have a mobile app, it's always iOS and often also Android. Very few include WP7, even from companies that have the resources to do a third platform (Steam/Zynga). While day-to-day apps are all there, if the public doesn't see WP7 on some of the news-making games/apps, they won't know it exists.

Microsoft really needs to bribe handset makers and carriers alike to flood the market and advertising space with WP8 if they want to start making gains on iOS and Android.

Yeah, the Android store basically looks like the delayed release of a limited selection from the 'best of iOS!', and WP7 is even smaller than that. I was seriously wanting a Windows Phone, but I had a HTC Hero for two years and damnit, I want to be able to actually play games that people are talking about. Or, in my current case, were talking about last year! I would love to see more developers come to Android, I've no idea how Google can make it more appealing to them (I know that fragmentation is the biggest drawback, and don't see how they can solve that without compromising the purpose of the system). Then WP7 sits beneath that, like some kind of weird hybrid attempt, both trying to be on a number of phones to get to a broader market, but not on EVERY phone so as not to look like a slut.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    darleysam wrote: »

Yeah, the Android store basically looks like the delayed release of a limited selection from the 'best of iOS!', and WP7 is even smaller than that. I was seriously wanting a Windows Phone, but I had a HTC Hero for two years and damnit, I want to be able to actually play games that people are talking about. Or, in my current case, were talking about last year! I would love to see more developers come to Android, I've no idea how Google can make it more appealing to them (I know that fragmentation is the biggest drawback, and don't see how they can solve that without compromising the purpose of the system). Then WP7 sits beneath that, like some kind of weird hybrid attempt, both trying to be on a number of phones to get to a broader market, but not on EVERY phone so as not to look like a slut.

On the positive side, the games that actually release on XBox Live for WP7 are fantastic, and polished. They're more expensive than Android/iOS version (no free version of Angry Birds for instance) but they're really well made.

If Microsoft gets WP7 going, it will be interesting to see what WP7 Live does for average game prices on other platforms and the amount of polish that goes into a mobile game.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    TheJackoNerdTheJackoNerd The world's biggest nerd... EnglandRegistered User regular
    http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/04/17/call-of-duty-sales-on-the-decline-with-modern-warfare-3/
    Sales of Call of Duty games aren't what they used to be, say analysts. The most recent entry, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, is behind its hugely popular predecessor, Call of Duty: Black Ops, in lifetime-to-date sales. That's despite the fact the Modern Warfare 3 had a stronger initial debut than Black Ops did, which might worry Activision.

According to analyst firm Piper Jaffray, by way of Gamasutra, sales of Modern Warfare 3 are off by 4.2 percent, behind Black Ops' figures.

Last month, Modern Warfare 3 was the eighth bestselling video game in the United States, five months after its release. Sales of Modern Warfare 3 during the month of March were reportedly half of what Black Ops sold during the same period a year prior.

Analysts at Piper Jaffray point to casual video game players seeking their entertainment fix elsewhere, using their game consoles for streaming video and other media consumption.

Activision's silver lining to slower Call of Duty sales is its Elite service, which had attracted more than 1.5 million premium level subscribers as of January 31 of this year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-12-uk-2011-modern-warfare-3-sales-lower-than-2010-black-ops-sales
    Call of Duty game Modern Warfare 3 sold fewer copies than Black Ops in the UK in a comparable time frame.
    In 2011, Modern Warfare 3 shifted 2,814,609 copies, the Entertainment Retailers Association (ERA) has revealed (using data provided by weekly counter GfK Chart-Track).
    In 2010, Black Ops shifted 3,266,298 copies.

And the great decline begins, as everyone predicted except Activision themselves. All I can say is "good".

sig.gif

Going to PAX East 2013/14 is my biggest goal right now. I plan to achieve it...
  • Options
    darleysam wrote: »

On the positive side, the games that actually release on XBox Live for WP7 are fantastic, and polished. They're more expensive than Android/iOS version (no free version of Angry Birds for instance) but they're really well made.

If Microsoft gets WP7 going, it will be interesting to see what WP7 Live does for average game prices on other platforms and the amount of polish that goes into a mobile game.

Yeah, I really appreciate what MS are trying to do with WP7, but I don't see how it can hope to compete with the ubiquity of iOS and Android.

forumsig.png
This discussion has been closed.