Options

[StarCraft2] Thread closed. Move on to the new thread.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    why isn't this thread always about teenage girls

• Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    narwhal wrote: »
    My 11th grade English teacher was 24 and she dressed in the same fashions as the kids in the class. It started a lot of rude rumors among the students and ultimately the principals asked her to dress more professionally.
    Asshole principals.

Dear God I hope you're kidding spoons.

Depends on who you ask.

30 year old spoons: Totally kidding.

14 year old spoons who had crushes on a few of the more attractive teachers I had: super asshole principals.

fatalspoons on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @Invictus

Princesscake and I completed our series over the course of a couple of days.
    Game one was a short TvP,
    Game two was a longer battle that really kept me on the edge of my seat. Well played @tiballagher

Game 1 on Shakura's Plateau
    repimg-33-259330.jpg

Game 2 on Bespin Cloud City Cloud Kingdom
    repimg-33-259488.jpg
    2-0 for Team Vari!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    why isn't this thread always about teenage girls

Teenage girls as a concept, just irks me. I'm pretty sure I skipped being a teenage girl because the concept disgusted me.
    Teenage girls as individuals are actually pretty cool and fun to work with.
    I just wish more of them played video games.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    if I ever have kids, and I hope I never do, I would at least hope I had a son.

Daughters are about infinity times more work and infinity times more bad things can happen to a daughter.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    this is the consensus we've reached, too

plus you can't use a daughter to get filthy rich by forcing them to play a sport from the day they're born because if they turn out to not be as hot as they are talented no one will give a shit

815165 on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Daughters are about infinity times more work and infinity times more bad things can happen to a daughter.

Eat a lot of cereal the week before you and your wife try to conceive. I hear diet plays a role in determining the gender of your child, and apparently 80% chance to be a boy if you're eating cereal.

If you don't believe me google it or something.

I too want at least one boy if I have kids.

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    dont eat lucky charms though

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »

Eat a lot of cereal the week before you and your wife try to conceive. I hear diet plays a role in determining the gender of your child, and apparently 80% more likely to be a boy if you're eating cereal.

If you don't believe me google it or something.

n2419.jpg

eat this and not only will your child be a boy, he'll be the dalai lama

• Options
    66% chance of ginger, though

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    i eat weetbix for breakfast.

• Options
    That, or if you guys have daughters, teach them to play video games at a young age. That way they will like them before they have any concept of what gender is.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    christina pazsitzky was on ari shaffir's podcast this week and told some story about how when she wanted a bike instead of getting her a pink girly bike her dad got her a bad ass black bmx and told her it didn't matter that it wasn't pink because it was a better bike

anyway she thought this was good

815165 on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I don't have any daughters but I have 5 nieces, and they all play video games. My youngest niece was playing super mario galaxy when she was 3. She could jump on the bad guys and everything. It blew my mind. When my nephews were 3, I used to just give them a controller while I played and let them pretend they were playing. But she knew better, and would yell at me if I tried to trick her. Next Starcraft grandmaster in the making.

fatalspoons on
  • Options
    this is fucking funny

http://i.imgur.com/0pvz7.jpg

• Options
    unky spoons

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    http://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2012/03/29/razer-replaypack-of-the-week-28-taeja

Taeja replay pack. Fantastic player, you would be a fool not to watch these if you want to learn Terran.

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Streaming my CSTL match vs. Jeff nowish:

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    mEEksa wrote: »
    http://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2012/03/29/razer-replaypack-of-the-week-28-taeja

Taeja replay pack. Fantastic player, you would be a fool not to watch these if you want to learn Terran.

Wooooo, ty, another awesome addition to my library.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    mEEksa wrote: »

nice! thanks, finally a replay pack for us

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    channeling my inner DRG to prevent a surprise drone massacre
    dat minimap awareness
    ZdkgP.png

o shit don't have any mans
    POKza.png

one brave drone holds his position as the helions run around the roaches and try to enter the base
    j5aEa.jpg

the attackers have fled, our hero lives
    Y0HVE.png

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    @Heartlash Jeff, where'd you go!

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    unky spoons

what's unky mean?

edit: nm. Figured it out.

fatalspoons on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    unky spoons

what's unky mean?

uncle

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Euphemon wrote: »
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=324766

MLG announced events, dates, and pricing. 2 Arenas, an online qualifer, and the championship for Spring. 50 dollars a la carte, 30 if you buy for all. Seems pretty reasonable and fair.

Seems like we know how the winter arena sales went.

• Options
    Ok streaming now.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

MLG announced events, dates, and pricing. 2 Arenas, an online qualifer, and the championship for Spring. 50 dollars a la carte, 30 if you buy for all. Seems pretty reasonable and fair.

Hard to say, imo. I know we're all playing armchair CEO without any of the data, but I felt like MLG did well with the winter arena. I know sundance said that they surpassed their target, and even before the event, he was talking about changing the price for future events. I feel like winter arena was more of a demonstration to potential investors that MLG could be profitable, or more so if they already are, than anything else. The news that MLG secured additional funding came out not too long after winter arena as well.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Yup. I do want kids but sons are so much easier

Teenage girls suck.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

Teenage girls suck.

A good friend of mine once told me this:

"When you have a son, you worry about one penis.
    When you have a daughter, you worry about them all."

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Actually teenagers suck in general.
    I have hated teenagers since I was a teenager.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular

Hard to say, imo. I know we're all playing armchair CEO without any of the data, but I felt like MLG did well with the winter arena. I know sundance said that they surpassed their target, and even before the event, he was talking about changing the price for future events. I feel like winter arena was more of a demonstration to potential investors that MLG could be profitable, or more so if they already are, than anything else. The news that MLG secured additional funding came out not too long after winter arena as well.

I don't disagree with you. I was implying that the sales did well enough that Sundace didn't feel like changing anything about the price. If anything, one could argue he felt the price was too low since MLG is now $50 a year.

But that's one of the beefs I have with MLG. They aren't transparent and we'll be lucky if we get actual numbers about the sales, profits, costs.

• Options
    i've hated stimtokolos since i was a stimtokolos

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Houn wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »

Teenage girls suck.

A good friend of mine once told me this:

"When you have a son, you worry about one penis.
    When you have a daughter, you worry about them all."

because only boys want sex right

all teenagers are the worst

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular

I don't disagree with you. I was implying that the sales did well enough that Sundace didn't feel like changing anything about the price. If anything, one could argue he felt the price was too low since MLG is now $50 a year.

But that's one of the beefs I have with MLG. They aren't transparent and we'll be lucky if we get actual numbers about the sales, profits, costs.

They did change the price though? The first spring arena is 10$ cheaper, the second one is the same price but bundled with the invite qualifiers, and the whole shebang can be bought for a $20 discount. The new price point says to me that the winter qualifiers did well but that they are also listening to community feedback and found a nice compromise.

• Options
    Off The Record with Polt in 20 minutes!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Kambing vs. Jeff. And a bonus since I haven't casted games in awhile because of my schedule. 1st person VODs of the games:

http://www.twitch.tv/kambingsc/b/313285647

Start times for each of the games are listed in the spoilers below.

Game 1:
    http://drop.sc/148000 --- starts at 40:00
    Game 2:
    http://drop.sc/147999 --- starts at 56:00
    Game 3:
    Not needed
    Rseults:
    Kambing 2-0, ggs!

Kambing on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    i've hated stimtokolos since i was a stimtokolos

This is an accurate description of my life.
    But when you say it, it makes me warm inside Dhal. I love you too.

• Options
    You have a DF avatar, that alone is proof that you're a masochist.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Just won an odd game.

Went 1-Rax FE and he did a 7RR. My scouting SCV saw the Roach Warren getting constructed so I double bunkered my ramp and kept the CC at home. The RR came and got easily pushed away.

Quiet for a bit....and then a lone Marine comes wandering out of the darkness. Shoot the Changeling. Continue to get upgrades and dudes.

Expand out, drop down double Factory and more Rax. Building up mans and ROOOOAARR!! Nydus in my base! Roaches, Lings, and Banes pouring out. Fortunately, my extra Barracks were perfectly positioned to wall off his dudes from my dudes. Stim, micro back, and he retreats.

Scout with a Marine because I figured he quadruple expanded at this point. Nope. Only took his natural. Get 4 Medivacs, 4 Tanks, and all my bio and go push his shit in. Micro'd my army away from the Banelings in the final engagement (go me!!) and was macroing when he left the game.

Silver League is so bizarre. :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    Polt is apparently studying Animal Bioscience at SNU. Christ. People should be watching Off the Record cause Polt is the man.

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID