As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You turn your right lobe off, you turn your left lobe off...(sleep thread)

124»

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Whoops I hired a marching band to clme in and perform

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Currently I don't sleep enough

Not because I have a bad sleep schedule

But because my girlfriend has decided that since she doesn't have to go to work until two hours after I do she doesn't have to get up when I do and therefore doesn't have to go to sleep when I do

So she will sit in bed watching netflix on her laptop (no headphones because she "doesn't like headphones") while I try to fall asleep. I cannot fall asleep when there is flickering light and a show or movie going that I haven't seen before (if it is something I've seen before I can fall asleep however)

I blame the typo I edited out on lack of sleep

Okay she is definitely correct in thinking that she doesn't have to sleep/get up when you do if her schedule doesn't require it HOWEVER

wow that is a huge dick move staying in the bedroom to do her night time activities instead of watching movies/ browsing the web out in the living room while you try to sleep. Have you spoken with her, or asked her to not watch movies in bed?

Yes! But she doesn't think that she should have to get out of bed.

My current plan is to start waking her up "accidently" when I wake up

This is clearly the adult solution to this problem

Just spend the entire time she's there making awkward sexy passes at her

She either gets annoyed and goes elsewhere or you get laid! It's win win.

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Whoops I hired a marching band to clme in and perform

Whoops I accidentally lit a string of chinese firecrackers

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Currently I don't sleep enough

Not because I have a bad sleep schedule

But because my girlfriend has decided that since she doesn't have to go to work until two hours after I do she doesn't have to get up when I do and therefore doesn't have to go to sleep when I do

So she will sit in bed watching netflix on her laptop (no headphones because she "doesn't like headphones") while I try to fall asleep. I cannot fall asleep when there is flickering light and a show or movie going that I haven't seen before (if it is something I've seen before I can fall asleep however)

I blame the typo I edited out on lack of sleep

Okay she is definitely correct in thinking that she doesn't have to sleep/get up when you do if her schedule doesn't require it HOWEVER

wow that is a huge dick move staying in the bedroom to do her night time activities instead of watching movies/ browsing the web out in the living room while you try to sleep. Have you spoken with her, or asked her to not watch movies in bed?

Yes! But she doesn't think that she should have to get out of bed.

My current plan is to start waking her up "accidently" when I wake up

This is clearly the adult solution to this problem

Just spend the entire time she's there making awkward sexy passes at her

She either gets annoyed and goes elsewhere or you get laid! It's win win.

What're you watchin there?

Saved By the Bell?

That sure is... SEXY :winky:

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I love sleep. Sleep is awesome.
    Darmak wrote: »
    Reginald wrote: »
    I used to take stuffed animals and set them up as vigilant guards around my bed when I slept as a child. I am fairly sure they are the reason I am alive to this day.

To protect from nightmares or actual people/things? Because I did it to ward off nightmares. I also gave the stuffed animals the toy weapons and armor and such from my plastic toys if they'd fit them so they could better defend me. :oops:
    3657db22a8fe663bb84abd111f7.jpg

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    mmm yeah girl, you know you look so good in that cold laptop light

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize how bad my snoring was until I went to college, but my first roommate described it as being "like a dragon being raped"

it got to the point where my girlfriend would wear earplugs to sleep, but she eventually learned to tune me out

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    I love sleep. Sleep is awesome.
    Darmak wrote: »
    Reginald wrote: »
    I used to take stuffed animals and set them up as vigilant guards around my bed when I slept as a child. I am fairly sure they are the reason I am alive to this day.

To protect from nightmares or actual people/things? Because I did it to ward off nightmares. I also gave the stuffed animals the toy weapons and armor and such from my plastic toys if they'd fit them so they could better defend me. :oops:
    3657db22a8fe663bb84abd111f7.jpg

Holy shit that is so cute and exactly what I imagined as a child.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    I have few problems getting to sleep and can sleep pretty much anywhere. Sleep is great, one of my favourite ways to pass time. When I used to work on lifts (elevators) it was no problem to sleep on top of the lift whether it was moving or stuck at a floor.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Sleep is my super power. I can sleep anywhere due to my apnea and my,narcalepsy. I use to fall asleep in band class while playing, and today started nodding off while getting a tattoo (he hit a nerve and it woke me right the fuck up)

• Options
    I dozed during a tattoo once

something about that persistant, dull hum.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yeah it was somewhat relaxing after I got use to the pain

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I dozed during a tattoo once

something about that persistant, dull hum.

Did you wake up with your face covered in stars?

broken image link
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    I sleep for dreams. If I wake up and don't remember dreaming then I think it was a waste of time.

I have been taking 5-HTP the past couple months which has been awesome with making sure I have vivid dreams every night.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    Man, sometimes it's like these forums read my mind.

I've been thinking about going back to a bed lately.

For the better part of a year and a half now I've actually been sleeping in a mayan-style hammock, and it's done wonders on pretty much all fronts of my life.

Only problem is I kind of miss sleeping in a bed. My feet hang out sometimes, then my ankles get sore. Not too mention that it's easy to sleep wrong in a hammock, which can be worse than sleeping in a bad bed. The relationship i'm in is becoming more serious as well, and a hammock just isn't a great place for sexy time.

So I started looking at beds again. Only problem is I never really know what I want, as I've always slept in shit beds. I've put up with the worst sleeping conditions next to sleeping on a board.

I hate looking for beds though, and Reginald's link pretty much confirmed a few of my fears, and dispelled a lot of others! Pretty dang grateful for that Mattress Scam link, thanks!

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    smof wrote: »
    When your nervous system doesn't boot up properly on waking, so you are temporarily paralysed. Often accompanied by visual, audial and tactile hallucinations of an ominous or threatening nature. Really fun way to start your day, in other words.

It's also called Old Hag Syndrome because a common hallucination is a terrifying old woman or demon beast sitting on your chest preventing you from moving.

There's art depicting it from as far back as the middle ages
    z6897669.jpg

Yes. This happens to me sometimes. I'm sort of half awake and falling in and out of my dreams.

I'm aware of my surroundings. I'm in my room and it's all familiar and I think I'm awake. Then there's something in the room, and I know I'm dreaming and I struggle to wake up.

I wake up and go to turn on my bedside lamp. But the light doesn't turn on. The thing is still in the room and now it's closer to me.

This happens repeatedly.

When I finally wake up, I have to get out of bed and pinch myself a bunch and bite my tongue to make sure that I'm really awake.

One time I saw the thing and illustrated it when I woke up. Its face made of rusty fishhooks and it demanding that I fuck it.
    nightterror-1.jpg

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I'd fuck it.

But thats how all my dreams go. I either end up fucking my way through it, or I suffer constant and terrible bodily harm.

Nothing like dreaming about getting hit by cars repeatedly!

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    damn it i was going to make this thread

but i was going to call it "se++ how do you sleep at night"

anyway i get a good 1d6+4 hours and i used to sleep in like a motherfucker but now i have an alarm and i stick to it because i will not be my sleep schedule's bitch

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I currently get like 7 hours a night (weekdays at least) and I stick to that fairly consistently, but I really need to do something about my bed situation- I just moved out of my parents' place two weeks ago and didn't bother bringing the ancient, falling-apart bed frame, not realizing that my mattress was almost as old and was really not suited to being used straight on the floor. Now I can't sleep on my back, because the mattress doesn't have enough give so instead of sinking into it, my butt pushes up and bends my spine and it's uncomfortable.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I have to use an alarm clock unless I am able to sleep for a long time before needing to get up. However, if I don't have anything to do I will just keep on sleeping. I once woke up at 10:30pm. At that point I just try to stay up all night and the next day and go to sleep at a normal time the next night to reset.

Also I tend to fall asleep on my stomach despite it not being extremely comfortable without the right pillow set up. My back has been really tense the past few days but I just keep falling asleep on my stomach.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Yes. This happens to me sometimes. I'm sort of half awake and falling in and out of my dreams.

I'm aware of my surroundings. I'm in my room and it's all familiar and I think I'm awake. Then there's something in the room, and I know I'm dreaming and I struggle to wake up.

I wake up and go to turn on my bedside lamp. But the light doesn't turn on. The thing is still in the room and now it's closer to me.

This happens repeatedly.

When I finally wake up, I have to get out of bed and pinch myself a bunch and bite my tongue to make sure that I'm really awake.

One time I saw the thing and illustrated it when I woke up. Its face made of rusty fishhooks and it demanding that I fuck it.
    nightterror-1.jpg

well

shit

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    I love sleeping.

Sleeping is rad.

• Options
    arman_oviarman_ovi Registered User new member
    edited April 2012
    Sleep is a part of our daily life. We often face with sleep thread. I usually face this problem but when I sleep on my white bed I always feel I am with my closest person which help me retain from sleep thread.

arman_ovi on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Weekends are great because I get to sleep more than four hours.

Well, in a month I won't get to, but I'm enjoying it now!

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    i sleep about three hours a night, typically

the entire time i grind my teeth incredibly hard

i don't know why

i wish i could stop

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I haven't been sleeping so I'm gonna chug some nyquil tonight and try to pass out around 8

ikbUJdU.jpg