As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Get Your Ass to [Chat]

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I wish my eyes were bluer.
    You are such an Aryan.

I haven't been blonde since I was a kid!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    You are such an Aryan.

No, he's saying he's not Aryan enough.
    Aryans are not what Hitler thought they were......

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »
    How much does it generally cost to fix drywall? Like, say, a tennis ball sized dent/hole?

You can do it yourself in half an hour. Cut out the damaged drywall, cut a patch of new drywall (bigger than the hole, but small enough that you can fit it through the hole by turning it on its side). Punch a hole in the middle of the patch and loop a piece of string through it. Coat the patch in adhesive (just ordinary PVA is fine, but stuff like No More Nails is stronger), feed it through the hole, and use the piece of string to pull it against the opposite side of the drywall panel until it sticks (depending what adhesive you use you might then want to leave it a while to dry).

Then just cut the string away, fill the depression with multi-finish plaster or PVC filler. Plaster gives a better finish, but you can pack the PVC filler proud of the surface and sand back to smooth if you're not confident in your ability to skim plaster smooth.

That's a lot simpler than I expected. Thank you, Japan.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    seriously if that leaked quote is real I'm kind of creeped out now

get out of my head, tories

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    of course there's delays the one time I need to get outta work on time

not like I wanted to go on my class trip anyway >: (

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Man, Quarriors sure comes with a lot of fucking dice.

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    You are such an Aryan.

No, he's saying he's not Aryan enough.
    Aryans are not what Hitler thought they were......

Aryans as hitler believed in doesn't exist.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    But seriously like, I have to look for a long time to see that my eyes are blue

they're like

no color

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/mar/31/petrol-crisis-thatcher-moment-tories

• Options
    some kind of greyish bluegreen nonsense

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Olivia Wilde is the kind of amazing statuesque beauty that I can admire but not really find sexy because she's so beautiful it's like she's a different species.

That's why she should be photographed just being a regular person

just relaxing and having a burger with friends

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    donating blood right now, like a boss.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Between this and the 40k MMO whats up with GW?
    The North American Games Workshop Business Support team along with our management team has spent an extensive amount of time reviewing the current tournament circuit and the best way to offer support to hobbyists interested in hosting events of their own.
    As you are undoubtedly aware, there is a Games Workshop tournament circuit in which tournaments must apply and those chosen are offered support. After serious consideration, we will continue with the current 2012 circuit ending in May 2012 and host the culminating Throne of Skulls tournament this October. Going forward, in order to be more supportive of events of all types, especially those in our retail and trade outlet stores, we will discontinue the GW tournament circuit.
    We would like to thank all the organizer’s from the 2012 Circuit and we wish everyone the most success with their events in the future.
    Regards,
    Desiree Dorsey
    Director of Business Support
    Games Workshop

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    God damn it's like I'm playing Turok here. Fog like whoah.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/mar/31/petrol-crisis-thatcher-moment-tories

CRAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIN

THESE CONS, THEY STOCKPILE FUE-EEEEL

(did nobody remind them that Thatcher could do it by ordering nationalized power stations to stockpile said fuel)

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Fuck I despise this bunch of Tories. Like, even more than I usually despise Tories. Bunch of shiny faced wanker aristos.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    RIP, Rent(ban-wise). Damn, he just kind of started snapping at everyone lately.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I thought the 40k MMO isn't an MMO anymore

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to be okay.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    I thought the 40k MMO isn't an MMO anymore

Its not, GW has dropped support for it whats what I ment

• Options
    Olivia Wilde is the kind of amazing statuesque beauty that I can admire but not really find sexy because she's so beautiful it's like she's a different species.

Why? To make her seem more attainable? Fuck that. Movie stars are there to be crazy and ludicrous and unattainable gorgeous. I want my movie stars on a pedestal, not slumming it like regular folks throwing another shrimp on the barbie.

• Options
    I think I'm going to be okay.

You sure?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Roar: at least in my local area privateer press (warmachine) is kicking the shit out of GW. Like, my local store is having a hard time keeping inventory stocked, the warmachine wall is always half empty from everything being bought, they have like 3 warmachine nights a week and on the one on thursday people were waiting for tables to open up despite there seriously being like 10 tables. Privateer Press is apparently having issues making models as fast ad people are buying them. Penny Arcade mentioning them and giving them booths at PAX certainly hasn't hurt either.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

These are my favorite kinds of celebrity photos. Still beautiful, but also fun, casual, and with a whole lot of personality

tumblr_ll2c1ld1WC1qzoaqio1_r1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lz4g88UQmV1qz9qooo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lxo8o3UgYV1qz9qooo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lrafqpFKHk1qzoaqio1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_lqiniv1mEu1qz9qooo1_r1_500.jpg

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Fuck I despise this bunch of Tories. Like, even more than I usually despise Tories. Bunch of shiny faced wanker aristos.

Me and Cesca were actually discussing last night if we could, in good conscience, vote Lib Dem again.

I can kind of see Clegg's argument that they got a lot of stuff from their manifesto enacted, and that the stuff they've allowed to Tories to pull is the trade-off.

I think, though, I'd have been happier with them if they'd been willing to sacrifice their own agenda in favour of acting as a check on the Tories wilder excesses, and I have a suspicion that most Lib Dem voters feel the same way.

• Options
    P.S. Jessica Chastain is so beautiful that I almost want to watch The Help.

Almost.

• Options
    Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightly still look ludicrously beautiful in those photos, as they should.

• Options
    I am bad at recognising celebrities.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    So, the government's retarded advice to people to start filling jerry cans with petrol has led to a fuel shortage which appears to have resulted in a woman setting herself on fire trying to decant petrol in her kitchen.

I mean, it's obviously a bad idea to try and transfer petrol between containers using a kitchen measuring jug while cooking dinner at the same time, but still, some exceptional crisis management, there.

... why would the government tell people to do this?

Tanker drivers voted to consider strike action.

Note that they did not actually strike, or even state that there would be a strike. They just balloted their members as to whether, in principle, they'd strike if the negotiations they're currently engaged in stalled. There are no current plans to strike and there probably will not be a strike.

Both sides were playing political dickery, since that vote was meant to put pressure on the government. But the government should be above this kind of thing, or at least have better message control.

You'll notice people aren't talking about rich donor dinners or controversial budgets anymore. Message managed!

• Options
    I am bad at recognising celebrities.

You could be surrounded by celebrities and not even know it.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Roar: at least in my local area privateer press (warmachine) is kicking the shit out of GW. Like, my local store is having a hard time keeping inventory stocked, the warmachine wall is always half empty from everything being bought, they have like 3 warmachine nights a week and on the one on thursday people were waiting for tables to open up despite there seriously being like 10 tables. Privateer Press is apparently having issues making models as fast ad people are buying them. Penny Arcade mentioning them and giving them booths at PAX certainly hasn't hurt either.

Thats the thing, Privateer Press is very much the opposite of GW

Good support, good prices, no bullshit.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i wish i was pretty

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    P.S. Jessica Chastain is so beautiful that I almost want to watch The Help.

Almost.

god

seriously

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    GW, way back in the day, used to be a company in whose stores you could buy all sorts of other companies gaming shit. White Dwarf used to run articles on every kind of system. It was great.

• Options
    man I wish I could do this
    So @DSLReports user houkouonchi has done it again..he got 2 FiOS 155/75 fiber lines and has bonded them..lol, thats godlike, 300/150mbit

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    robos did you see coriolanus

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i wish i was pretty

I wish you were pretty too.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    also Tina Fey is cute

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    How much does it generally cost to fix drywall? Like, say, a tennis ball sized dent/hole?

You can do it yourself in half an hour. Cut out the damaged drywall, cut a patch of new drywall (bigger than the hole, but small enough that you can fit it through the hole by turning it on its side). Punch a hole in the middle of the patch and loop a piece of string through it. Coat the patch in adhesive (just ordinary PVA is fine, but stuff like No More Nails is stronger), feed it through the hole, and use the piece of string to pull it against the opposite side of the drywall panel until it sticks (depending what adhesive you use you might then want to leave it a while to dry).

Then just cut the string away, fill the depression with multi-finish plaster or PVC filler. Plaster gives a better finish, but you can pack the PVC filler proud of the surface and sand back to smooth if you're not confident in your ability to skim plaster smooth.

That's a lot simpler than I expected. Thank you, Japan.

For something that small you can usually get a small piece of mesh that you can attach to the wall over the hole and spackle over it. My old apartment complex did it for me once since they noticed it on an inspection while I was being to lazy to fix it and I think they charged me $35, and that was approximately foot sized.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
This discussion has been closed.