As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Parsely] Z-WARD: >eat shotgun

weirdspaceshipsweirdspaceships i will eat your still-beating heartRegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in Critical Failures
Z-WARD

410-0821120919-zombie.jpg

Buying:
memento-mori.com/portfolio/parsely-2/ - Go here to buy! They're short and cheap, and not so much roleplaying games as they are performance pieces or party games. As the text says, think of it more like kareoke.

Playing:
You know those old parser games?

"YOU ENTER A DARK ROOM."
>light candle

"YOU LIGHT THE CANDLE. YOU CAN SEE."
>examine room

"THERE IS A LION HERE."

That's what this is. In real life, I'd play the role of the computer, leading people through the adventure. It can be any amount of players, at least two, all the way up to a hundred! Everyone takes a turn, or just steps on up, and issues a command. You'd all be one big collective player.

So, what I'll do is be the parser and announce things. Whoever wants to, just reply to the thread and issue a command. It has to have the proper syntax: a > sign, followed by the command.

>look outside
>examine key
>take potion
>steal the princess

Or whatever. There's a set list but I'm not telling you what it is.

If someone says something that doesn't work or doesn't follow proper syntax - basically anything that provides an error message - I'll go to the next thing said. Other than that, it's first come first serve, and whoever replies first, that's who I follow. Or if you issued the last command, I'll pass over you in favor of someone who hasn't taken a turn yet. I might also get really picky about how you say things, like a real parser, but I'll try not to.

Special commands are: HELP, INVENTORY, SAVE, LOAD, RESTORE, SCORE, QUIT.

If you already own the game or know how it goes, please let people who don't meet these criteria play instead!

No sign up, no nothing. Just post.

Special Note:
These games work with a combination of joke posts, puzzle-solving, and serious play. Try to get as much of all three in as possible!

I will interpret everything you say as a command. If what you say doesn't work, try using synonyms or phrasing it differently.

You have THREE SAVES. Use them wisely.

Something terribly wrong has gone down at the Institution for the Mentally Infirm! Your sister, Frances, has gone missing. Find her!

hospital.jpg

= = = = =

weirdspaceships on