As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the Dao of "games journalism"

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    presumably pepsi pays more, though, because nobody wants to drink it

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    true, which one owns Cadbury?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i like pepsi

• Options
    wait, it's kraft. Fuck let's go with kraft.

Also Anti from my experience, American pepsi is better then american coke. Canadian Coke is better then Canadian pepsi and both American equivalents.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i like pepsi

Hi5

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    hi5

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    what do we need to do for quit our jobs money?

Pepsi presents Medium Difficulty

do we know anyone from pepsi

No but when this happens I can provide you with the thought-provoking article "Which type of Pepsi is best suited towards playing video games?"

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    I would totally sell out my website for a year's supply of Kraft spirals, fuck the haters

sig.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I would be a sellout for Pringles.

They're chips in a can! Truly the greatest innovation of our time.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    My hand doesn't fit in the can.....

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Blake be serious

Everyone knows you just upend the can on to your face

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    My hand doesn't fit in the can.....

Well then use bbq tongs, Blake, geez.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I see all these rich people put their hands in to eat Pringles and I'm all fuck you I want the plastic surgery to make my hand smaller.

• Options
    True story.

I was fucking amazed when I saw Vivienne eat Pringles and I saw that her hand could fit inside the can.

• Options
    Also
    I do not think there is enough meat about the topic to make it into an article. But as a question, what genre of media do you think is most similar to video games and why?

I have My Own Opinions. But I am more curious about hearing other's thoughts rather than defend my own.

That's a fairly broad question, are you thinking about how people experience media, the content of said media, etc?

I am genuinely curious as to where you were going with this and why.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    True story.

I was fucking amazed when I saw Vivienne eat Pringles and I saw that her hand could fit inside the can.

It's getting late and this sentence does not say what I thought it said.

Although the post got way more interesting for a second.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    The can is what I call my butt.

• Options
    I can go like two digits/one knuckle tops.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Oh, it did say what I thought it said, then. Carry on.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Also
    I do not think there is enough meat about the topic to make it into an article. But as a question, what genre of media do you think is most similar to video games and why?

I have My Own Opinions. But I am more curious about hearing other's thoughts rather than defend my own.

That's a fairly broad question, are you thinking about how people experience media, the content of said media, etc?

There are strengths and weaknesses to say print, or film and similarities between them. Video games have their defining features. I am curious to what paralells people see between video games and other media.

• Options
    Also

There are strengths and weaknesses to say print, or film and similarities between them. Video games have their defining features. I am curious to what paralells people see between video games and other media.

I see.

The first thought that comes to mind is that video games involve you taking an active role in the story, even if you aren't making branching decisions, that alone makes it unique. But depending on the game elements from numerous types of media can appear, be it a simple cutscene or an in-game radio or readable books/codex, for example.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    wait, it's kraft. Fuck let's go with kraft.

Also Anti from my experience, American pepsi is better then american coke. Canadian Coke is better then Canadian pepsi and both American equivalents.

Meanwhile Australian soft drinks all taste pretty good.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
  • Options
    T4CT wrote: »
    Doctor

Pepper

not a big fan.

sometimes gives me a headache.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Club

Soda

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Also

I see.

The first thought that comes to mind is that video games involve you taking an active role in the story, even if you aren't making branching decisions, that alone makes it unique. But depending on the game elements from numerous types of media can appear, be it a simple cutscene or an in-game radio or readable books/codex, for example.

Well I can tell you that we use a lot of film techniques when designing cutscenes and the like - things like left-to-right movement, deep versus shallow focus, etc. All things that have been designed over decades of film to evoke specific responses.

When your game has elements that resemble other media, it is probably a Good Idea to incorporate stylistic themes and elements from those other works. Though I've had people tell me 'why not just make MOVIES, you HACK?' to which I respond by sobbing wildly.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    As a copy-editor (not real writing) who wants to move into speculative fiction (not real literature) my response is violence followed by sobbing

Also hi vsove! Feel like I haven't seen you around nearly as much as I should

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Edcrab wrote: »
    As a copy-editor (not real writing) who wants to move into speculative fiction (not real literature) my response is violence followed by sobbing

Also hi vsove! Feel like I haven't seen you around nearly as much as I should

Hello!

I haven't been around much! Busy at work and busy at home!

I've long since made peace with the fact that I basically want to write books with shotgun-wielding wizards. It is something I am entirely comfortable with.

That's not to say I wouldn't write something more substantial, but it's not my top priority.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    well I've largely made peace with the fact that most of the things I want to write are superhero related

though not pre-existing ones, oddly enough. I don't know what to do with them

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Doctor

Pepper

If I had the power, I would destroy all Doctor Pepper and the knowledge of how to create it.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    hey vsove, want to be my video game insider i ask stupid questions?

It will be like the times we used to talk but now other people might see or hear it.

Always guest spots available on the podcast.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Doctor

Pepper

If I had the power, I would destroy all Doctor Pepper and the knowledge of how to create it.

doccy peps rules and you're lame

• Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper is the best thing ever.

Tastes almost exactly like regular Dr. Pepper.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    the people that write stuff for this pawnstars game watch the following

1) pro wrestling

2) arrested development

• Options
    listen, due to my current position i can't discuss which soft drinks taste like piss and which done. But if i could, i wouldn't be saying nice things about Dr Pepper right now.

this aside. Hello vsove.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I wish RC Cola was easier to find in Canada, still my favorite cola.

• Options
    Lukewarm Doctor Pepper is the foulest substance known to the species

I wish I was not privy to this fact, but I am burdened with that forbidden knowledge

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    premium wrote: »
    I wish RC Cola was easier to find in Canada, still my favorite cola.

i agree.

• Options
    rc cola stands for

rancid cola

cola

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Faygo is literally the worst cola.

This discussion has been closed.