As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Michael Bay's Teenage [mini-phalla] Ninja Turtles CAYRUS AND HOST VICTORY!

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Why would you be voting for the knocked out people?

If B:L were mafia, I don't think he would publicly announce that he was splinter. Other turtle allies have been villagers (Cudley, future Turles, presumably Ninjara). I think we may be dealing with a small but powerful mafia, which is why we have been missing quite badly.

• Options
    My $$ is on romanqwerty

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Why would you be voting for the knocked out people?

If B:L were mafia, I don't think he would publicly announce that he was splinter. Other turtle allies have been villagers (Cudley, future Turles, presumably Ninjara). I think we may be dealing with a small but powerful mafia, which is why we have been missing quite badly.

My knowledge of TMNT is obviously severely lacking. Only turtle allies I know of are the hockey dude, yellow jumpsuit chick, and Splinter.

I assumed the future turtles were like evil twins or something.

So, Splinter would be village?

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    No, the future turtles are villagers. Ergo, Splinter should be a villager as well (I think). Alien Turtles or reborn Ren-age artists, whichever of those two things is actually true, are the evil turtles.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    I would fix it but phyphor screwed me over good.

Alegis and Mr. Mojo are STRONGLY encouraged to post 5+ times today. You guys have been awful, postwise, so we need some MVP numbers from you both. Or I will do something hideous to you.

Without the magic box that means I have to do things the old way. Post by post D:

OH WELL, late enough in the game for me to try to wake up and understand what the shit is going on

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    So uh...I've finally returned to my computer after being away for easter.

1) i'm a terrible vote target.

2) I was given a vig (mid game) to use last night, i guess as some sort of mid game balancing act. I tried to vig ahava last night. I have no idea what happened with that and am currently awaiting host clarification.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    What is up with specials revealing!

Was it a one use vig?

• Options
    Nope.

There are reasons that I'm not going to talk about, that make me feel safe to reveal.

• Options
    Is being an unkillable turtle one of them? :P

• Options
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    What is up with specials revealing!

Was it a one use vig?

To be fair, at this point I'm just assuming nearly everyone has a power of some sort.

• Options
    BL was online right before narration was posted and was last online at 3 AM (gah, profile stalker!). I think it's safe to assume he's one of the ones that are KO'd.

If we have any guards left, we should strongly consider guarding him.

If BL talks at all today, even if it's just a vote, disregard the above advice.

• Options
    Rereading the narrative, I'm now confident BL is Splinter and should be guarded. He probably is also KOd for the day. BL called his shot on Phyphor and Phyphor came out dead to a rat man.

Protect him.

• Options
    FYI, I think the reason that there are so many vigs floating around is that the turtles all have one-time use vig dodge.

• Options
    So, with 33 people, 4 mafia feels too low, i was kind of assuming splinter was in cahoots with the turtles?
    Is that outlandish?

• Options
    It's not from a cannon standpoint, but it's a bit outlandish that he would reveal as splinter if splinter were mafia. Also, all of the mafia kills have been described as being done by turtles.

• Options
    Besides that fact, we've got future turtles running around and people like Mondo Gecko, a turtle ally. I would bet Splinter is a villager.

• Options
    FYI, I think the reason that there are so many vigs floating around is that the turtles all have one-time use vig dodge.

Keep in mind what REG said - he got a seer blocked one night, then lost his seer power the next. It's possible they remove powers of people that target them (as well?)
    They'd have to be pretty strong if there are only 4 of them, since that's only 12% to start.

Is there some reason you're way more active now Assuran? :)

• Options
    It was kinda hard to figure out what was going on day 1-2 with all the powers flying left and right and while I was under the impression there were multiple factions. I don't like to speak just to hear my voice. Days 3 on have been more traditional phalla and it's easier to analyze fewer people.

Am I hitting a little to close to the bone, Akimbo?

• Options
    Well so far I haven't seen you accuse anyone but Alegis, and that had nothing to do with powers, so...

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    If we kill the past (alien) turtles, does that have an effect on the future ones?

• Options
    Apparently not, since future Leo hasn't made an appearance in narration or the death list.

• Options
    Well so far I haven't seen you accuse anyone but Alegis, and that had nothing to do with powers, so...

No, but it does have to do with analyzing his posts. And his post total was 7 or 8 at the time, which is extremely suspicious. I thought I accused and voted for Mojo, however.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Yeah, but those low post counts just arn't suspicious! They are downright criminal.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Going off to eat Easter lunch with the family. This is my normal sleep time, so I'm unsure when I'll be able to post again. I promise to check in and vote, however.

My dunalist: Alegis, Mojo, Ava.

I'm guessing not all of those are mafia, but that's who I find most suspicious.

Assuran on
  • Options
    Sorry, I didn't go back far enough :P

I'd be down with an Alegis vote, too, for the record.

• Options
    If you were attacked by the mafia last night, please give me a shout. If I'm mafia, then I already know you were, so there's no harm in telling me. I'm not asking what your powers do or anything like that. I'm just trying to piece this together and I think I'm pretty close.

• Options
    Stopping in real quick to vote for !Alegis right now, in case I don't make it back in time. Will try to check back in later. Sleep calls.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    thanks spoit for pointing out the magic box does seem to update after all. maybe it was firefox not refreshing or whatever. anyways;

day 1: nothing interesting, doesn't look like mafia came in danger. disgruntled players voting for the deserved victor of previous game, more news at 11

day 2: whole bunch of votes on ringo due to failed confirmation. Ringo died village, either he was joking (didn't deny it?) or was serious in some way, seems like something mafia would be glad to hop on. Although I'd imagine they wouldn't be eager first in case ringo managed to explain whatever happened. Oh. Vagrant was an early voter. Not that shy then.
    Ringo: 14 (vagrant_winds, corvidae, TheRoadVirus, romanqwerty, lonelyahava, Cayrus, Alegis, jdarksun, vertroue, AkimboLegs, Cythraul, ObiFett, Infidel, Phyphor)

second was romanqwerty. Don't think ringo was piled on by mafiosi to specifically save him. Seems like rather an easy target (+ a special?) to hop on. So I'm disregarding this fact.

day 3: vagrant outed early in day, useless vote records. although hey looks like vagrant tried to start an early vote on me for sleeping. this means I'm totally cool.

day 4: Votes on a villager and a neutral?
    daniant: 6 (romanqwerty, Baidol, Alegis, Cayrus, Phyphor, MrTLicious)
    Phyphor: 4 (SeGaTai, ObiFett, vertroue, B:L)
    bit of a mixed vote, doesnt look like anyone was threatened.

1.Assuran
    3.Mr. Mojo Risin
    4.Segatai
    7.Cayrus
    10.Jdarksun
    11.Shiny New Toys/Ahava
    14.MrTLicious
    15.Alegis
    17.Vertroue
    19.Retaba
    20.B:LORLY
    22.AkimboLegs
    27.ObiFett
    30.Cythraul
    31.Romanqwerty
    32.The Anonymous

Was considering roman (especially because of the 'no wait my kills didnt go through) but ahava will have to do unless mrT gets something out of her. Voting wise only vagrant died so there's not much to pull from that.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    I got a message from someone saying they think Ahava was a turtle. So that works for me, for now.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    I might be going out to see Les Mis. If nothing else, I think people need to post more, so I'm ok with the Alegis vote. If it makes him defend himself, cool, if it doesn't, well, at least we aren't voting out one of the few people talking :)

• Options
    Ahava works for me

• Options
    ooo have fun Akimbo Les Mis was amazing!!!

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Why will ahava "have to do?"

• Options
    Sry mrT I got a message from someone that I was talking to the past day. He seems to think the Ahave is turtlely

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    3 ahava votes within 7 minutes after a day of not talking?

hmm...

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Ahava silenced today?

Hmmmmmmm.....

Steam
  • Options
    T_A vote by ahava right after narration?

HMMMMMMMMM........The_Anonymous

Steam
  • Options
    I agree with Cythraul. Roman, Alegis, and Assuran have been pushing ahava, and I'm guessing that at least one of them is mafia. Particularly roman - The roman reveal stinks for one main reason:

Lonelyahava is likely Bebop.

She hasn't been talking at all after her early vote on T_A. So early it might have even been before she was PMed that she was silenced. She and I were talking around narration last night and just after narration she stopped talking. The only other person that it could be is The Anonymous. Everyone else has either posted in thread well after narration or PMed me.

So, the roman reveal seems like a mafia that knew that she was silenced for the day but had her early post in so it would seem even more suspicious that she didn't come back to defend herself. Yet, invariably she wouldn't be able to. However, if roman is telling the truth, I'd rather not kill him today.

For that reason, I'm going to jump onto the Alegis wagon.

• Options
    Alegis makes more sense.

• Options
    Also I suspect Alegis, and if T_A won't get traction right now I'll gladly hop on Alegis.

We'll see what turns up and move from there tomorrow. I suspect if we find a turtle it'll give us some nice records to look at.

Steam