As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Breath of [Phalla] III - Final Day - Teepo's World (Cultist Victory)

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    I agree, and since figgy was on there, i'm actually not too sure they''l be all that many more, if any.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    So I had a look through the vote records and maybe I suck at this but I dont see a whole lot, the only thing that sticks out is a fair bit of mud slinging done towards people who ended up village and the fact that the votes casted by the dead mafia were generally outliers and they avoided sticking together with their votes. Figgy was pointing out a lot of stuff about people and attempting to sow some confusion and suspicion, obviously he was playing off his standard vote mining thing but pointing it at villagers. TRV was pretty random from what I can tell and shalmelo was the least active of the outed mafia so far so not a whole lot there either. I think spoit is right in saying that there might be more in the actual posts on day 3.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    day1:
    Split from mafia votes in single and 'bandwagon' votes. Doesn't really strike me as too surprising or interesting, all 3 lead wagons were village. No meddling was probably necessary

day 2:
    Not much to tell from N-2 votes on INANTP

Day 3:
    Maybe interesting. Mafia started blasphemer wagon, question is whether it's happenstance or out of necessity (mafia names getting thrown around). based on the votes from day1-2 not likely unless in discussion posts and I'm only looking at the votes right now. If this blashphemer vote has strong mafia support it would show the necessity for meddling here (saving dumpshock, theroadvirus or someone else?), otherwise I'd expect mafiosi goons to keep their hands off the wagon.

day 4:
    figgy reveal, but also 2 mafia votes on corvid which I find interesting. Maybe they thought they'd get away with it but it seems way too risky. I'd compare figgy's behaviour here to day 1 (jumped on vote where phyphor and anialos voted) but that sounds a bad idea on second thought for the reasons mentioned before (no meddling was probably necessary). Corvid votes came before the 2 romanQ votes too. Not sure what the mafias game was here.
    and then figgy votes and everything is useless

If meddling was strong in day 3, dumpshock was a mafias who figgy and TRV tried to save. but that's my wishful thinking. Not strong enough vote data to conclude it was the case (and not just 3 village wagons) so it's better to use some other metrics and keep this in the background.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    I have to vote early because I'm off to a geekbop and need to get my Simon Tam costume sorted. My girlfriend is going as Zoe. We're living a slash fic!

Not much to go on. Based purely on looking at the signup list and thinking "Who has seemed been uncharacteristically quiet?" I am thinking that I haven't seen much from T_A, Smoove or Phyphor.

This is just my impression, I'm not trawling the thread to count posts or anything.

Out of those three, I'm used to Phyphor seeming much more present in the thread.

Just a hunch really but that's all I have at the moment.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    So last night was pretty interesting. After going through the votes, I find it odd that gaslight objected to the figgy wagon, but did not hop on the corv bus, either. He also tried to get something started on dumpshock (talking about spoit's previous statements), without voting as well.

I'm not saying I look awesome for arguing for figgy before the seer reveal, but that seems like someone attempting to shift public opinion without actually committing to anything so that it might get missed, later. For now, that's where my vote is going to rest.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    While Obifeet and Phyphor still seem suspicious, I'm still a bit wary of Dumpshock

Honestly, I don't expect that to go anywhere at this point, I just needed to throw a vote down before I go to run my LARP. Hopefully, I'll be back before vote close, but if not, give 'em hell village!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Whenever the network rep is going to step up, I wonder about if there was any confirmation on the obi-dumpshock thing. It would be rather risky to stick his neck out like that for someone he wasn't at least relatively sure of, or stupid to implicate himself if they were both mafia.

Unless he's on an analysis tear, phyphor is usually quiet and evil. Looking. Evil looking. And maybe evil.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Just to clear up some confusion - Anything in the story portion of the narration is purely fluff (this even includes character names, I may use some characters that are not in this game if I feel like it suits the story well). The only information I give you is very explicit and is the very final piece of the narration which lists kills.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    I'm going for Smoove Operator because this T_A wagon that refuses to die feels like the biggest crock of shit.

Your reasoning is impeccable. On the 12th I mentioned that T_A wasn't super active, then voted for...you. Yesterday I voted for T_A. Good lord, when will this crazy wagon END?!!

That's pretty weaksauce. But I can't stop a wagon that has sooo much momentum! T_A! If you have a legit reason I shouldn't vote for him, or have a better vote suggestion, its not like my PM address is a secret.

On another note, weekends are hard for me because my wife keeps our social calendar full. Hopefully I'll be around later tonight.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Farangu voted for Obi? Can't be doing that then. Hmm, looking back through the last couple days posts Gaslight has been throwing his votes off the wagon without any solid reasoning until he jumped on the figgy wagon last night. Laying nice and low until he can get on a seer wagon...suspicious? I think so.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Langly wrote: »
    So last night was pretty interesting. After going through the votes, I find it odd that gaslight objected to the figgy wagon, but did not hop on the corv bus, either.

I didn't see it as a binary choice. :P If I didn't want to vote for Figgy, I was obligated to vote for Corv? But if I had picked a side in the Corv-Figgy conflict, how could I have picked a side in the REG-Roman imbroglio??? :rotate:

He also tried to get something started on dumpshock (talking about spoit's previous statements), without voting as well.

Actually, that was more me being suspicious of Spoit for (as I saw it) changing his vote at the last minute with a lot of huffing and puffing and then not following up at all when his switch turned out to be mistaken.

Hmm, looking back through the last couple days posts Gaslight has been throwing his votes off the wagon without any solid reasoning until he jumped on the figgy wagon last night. Laying nice and low until he can get on a seer wagon...suspicious? I think so.

Hmmm.

Day 1 I was part of the Sportz grudge-wagon. Day 2 I was on the INANTP-wagon like almost literally everyone else. Day 3 we had no network direction so everybody flailed around, and my vote was to try to get separation for a clear 2nd place before all the craziness happened right before vote close (which I was not part of). Day 4, I took the lead in analyzing the mistaken wagon on Blasphemer and based on that picked Assuran as my vote before he withdrew. Then I poked at Spoit a little (see above). Then the network fingered Figgy so I joined in voting him off in spite of my earlier skepticism (which I think a number of people had shared). So I would take issue with your characterization of me "throwing votes off the wagon without any solid reasoning."

Let's look at your vote history too, just for kicks:

Day 1 you voted for Blasphemer for "making your head hurt."

Day 2 you, like everybody else, were on the INANTP wagon.

Day 3, you voted for Roman very early with a pick-up line as your justification, then a little while later changed to Farangu for saying your pick-up line was bad. Then later you changed again to REG after Roman started picking at him, and over the same post, and ended up being the only one who finally kept your vote on REG that day.

Yesterday, you started out still voting for REG. Then after he apparently talked you out of it, you voted for CJ Iwakura for "random voting and general mafia lay-low behavior." Then, without mentioning CJ again, you changed to Corvidae without really giving any reasoning of your own, rather pointing to other people's reasoning and encouraging Figgy to analyze him instead. Then, at last, you ended up on the Figgy-wagon after the network came out against him.

And today you vote for me.

I'd say my history has been at least as substantive and helpful to the village as yours, or if my history is deemed as suspicious then yours would have to be considered at least as suspicious if not more so...what with your frequent, often meaningless vote-switching, and votes given with no justification, weak justification, or reliance on other people's justifications.

Anialos for now.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Wow, 2 votes and you make a huge rant like that? Defensive much gaslight?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Spoit wrote: »
    Wow, 2 votes and you make a huge rant like that? Defensive much gaslight?

I knew somebody would say something like that, didn't take very long. :P Think what you like, Langly's vote didn't bother me though I think the reasoning is pretty silly, but Anialos' justification was lousy, especially coming from somebody with a history like his, and I wanted to have my say before it gathered momentum - we've already voted off villagers like Blasphemer because people started pushing a wagon for crappy reasoning and nobody called it early.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Greeting fellow villagers! It is I, your new Network Head/Cuddly Kitten Overlord. Those of you with potential to be unlocked should contact me. Please do not reveal in thread as this will get you mafia-killed. We shall do our best to put your newly discovered talents to use against the tyranny of Myria's minions.

Also, you can take my Gaslight vote as the will of the network. Stay tuned for further updates.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    So are we just supposed to take you at your word and acknowledge you as the new network head? Even in view of the fact that Kime's network was very likely compromised, since he died without the mafia even having to focus all their attacks on him?

What's my role? Or is your directive to vote for me not based on a supposed seering, but just your judgment? I think the village has the right to know that before they follow you.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Gaslight wrote: »
    So are we just supposed to take you at your word and acknowledge you as the new network head? Even in view of the fact that Kime's network was very likely compromised, since he died without the mafia even having to focus all their attacks on him?

What's my role? Or is your directive to vote for me not based on a supposed seering, but just your judgment? I think the village has the right to know that before they follow you.

Really?
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    Kime - Infinity Gene - Myria, The Guardians, The Cartel

Looks like ALOT of focus to me.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Really?

Eh, maybe. But Myria managed to kill Baidol too, and Kime seemed pretty confident it would take everything the mafia have got to take him out.

Still want to know who I supposedly am, since it seems pretty clear all the bad guys (indeed, everybody in the game) have specific roles.

• Options

As Kime said before he died it would insane to claim being the new network head without the network behind you. If you'd like to think I'm that crazy, go for it. What evidence do you have of the network being compromised? Seems like you are just trying to push suspicion off yourself and cause village confusion. Mafia much?

The directive to vote for you is based upon the current knowledge of the network as a whole. If you have information to share that you think exonerates you, we are always open to PMs.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Also, both Ryu and Teepo with be forming dragons tonight. Blue post should be as follows.

Ryu has used Accession
    Ryu has formed a dragon

Teepo has used Accession
    Teepo has formed a dragon

Anialos on
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I might not be on a lot today, so let me register a vote for Gaslight.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Also, here's an update cheat sheet. Feel free to fix if you see something wrong.

Source: Breath of Fire wiki

Mafia (Guardians)
    Myria (dead)
    Garr (dead)
    Gaist (dead)
    Gaw (confirmed in narration)
    Gatz (confirmed in narration)

Cartel (SK faction?)
    Mikba (confirmed in narration)
    McNeil
    Balio (dead)
    Sunder (confirmed in narration)

Brood (Dragon Clan from BoF III, village aligned)
    Ryu (confirmed in narration)
    Teepo (confirmed in narration)
    Griol
    Jono (dead)
    Horace

Village (Any character from BoF III that's not in one of the other groups?)
    Rei (dead)
    Nina
    Momo
    Meryleep (dead)
    Lang (dead)
    Failure Gene (dead)
    Mygas (dead)
    Deis (dead)
    Peco/Yggdrasil (dead)

Other (Enemies in BoF III not seemingly connected to another group)
    Berserker (confirmed in narration)
    Archmage (confirmed in narration)

Genes
    8 dead so far

Leaving 9 others (potentially village or genes).

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    gaslight?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Attention village. The network has obtained new information. We withdraw our ire from Gaslight. Debate among yourselves who should take his place. We recommend looking at REG Rysk personally.

• Options
    8-) REG.

• Options
    I don't think reg is a good vote, but I will shift my vote to smoove operator

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Hmmm, I don't know what to think here honestly. The network head (if only one person, if even existent) need not reveal itself even if Anialos is fibbing.

I know where I stand, I wouldn't directly oppose or refute either because I have no evidence to offer.

As for what people are saying on analysis wise and who to vote for I think I would most approve of Smoove for now.

Plans tonight so I may check from the phone of/when I can.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ObiFett wrote: »

Really?

Eh, maybe. But Myria managed to kill Baidol too, and Kime seemed pretty confident it would take everything the mafia have got to take him out.

Still want to know who I supposedly am, since it seems pretty clear all the bad guys (indeed, everybody in the game) have specific roles.

Rule #1 of being a revealed anything: you are always waaaay more powerful than you actually are. You are immune to the mafia/village vig/vote/etc. Never tell the other teams exactly where your power ends; you want everyone else to view taking you out as using all of their power for only a possible success.

Unless you want to go for the "why won't the guards contact me gaaah I'm defenseless!!!" route, but that's no fun

Edit: it also helps if you're known for playing up like this too, kime would never do a normal village head, its not his style

Phyphor on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Well, I just got off work, so I'll do a little digging around and see if there's anything.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    If we're not doing gaslight, I think that the T_A wagon is better. Fixating on a single person is pretty typical villager behavior, and while all of the mafia who've died have been relatively active, T_A has been below the innactivus post count even if you include his signup in his post count of 8 posts

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sorry no drunklegis. Left early as I wasnt feeling it/rather boring/tired/excuses

so reg rysk for making a ruckus in the thread and being network hint / why smoove? / T_A for laying low.

not feeling it for either of the 3. Guess I'll do a little bit of effort to find us a good fourth.

• Options
    nope too tired. T_A then. At the very least to get it over with

If he's mafias laying low it should give us shitloads of condemning records
    guess if he was special the network would have talked the vote down ages ago.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    For some reason Matev feels off to me, can't quite put my finger on it though

• Options
    I was looking at Matev earlier and agree that something seemed off, still cant make up my mind though and I have an hour or so before i head out for the night so Ill wait and see if anything interesting pops up in the meantime.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    After going through everything, ObiFett really is sticking out, but I'm not confident on anything at this point.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Fine, I will move to ta to make a better leader, but I think smoove is better.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Huh, well 2 hour nap is most likely not gonna lete me sleep nope...Joy. I need to be up ass crack early and I was trying to flip my sleep. Was waiting for dinner...o two hours ago. and feel asleep. obifett since I have nothing to go on what so ever.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Well looks like im out of time so T_A before i head out for the night.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Sorry guys, I've had company over all day and I couldn't look at the thread , company still over and I'm being rude. T_A is hopefully a good choice?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Ryu used Accession!
    Ryu formed a Dragon

Teepo used Accession!
    Teepo formed a Tiger-Dragon

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    A) why don't you already have a list of the genes? Did Kime not pass them on?

B) I am not particularly a fan of either of those votes.

Langly for general suspicions

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)