As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xenoblade Chronicles] The Incredible Shulk MARK YOUR GODDAMN SPOILERS

1161718192022»

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Oh, I thought robot was one of the option.

preorder cancelled.

Also I don't want to take up the other threads, so can this be the place where we collectively sigh at Monolith for trolling us about Shulk in Smash Bros.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    robutt

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I don't think MonolithSoft trolled us. I think we trolled ourselves. And the roster ain't locked in, so don't count anyone out yet. Well you can probably count Young Link out. And probably Mewtwo.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I have a save file from just before the point of no return

Are there any particular quests I should hunt down, just to see neat things, or to get easy enhancements to my abilities/skill trees?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    there is a specific quest that you can do that is the only sidequest in the game with cutscenes and voice acting and involves the end of the story of a certain high entia character

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ...where do I find this quest

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    ...where do I find this quest
    Melancholy Tyrea is a Surprise Quest in Xenoblade Chronicles. It is triggered between Watchpoint Junction and Hope Farm in Colony 6. It is the only quest in the game to feature fully voiced cutscenes.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I will activate that quest tomorrow, then

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Be sure to grind up to level 99 like I am to fight them superbosses

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    I did the quest! It was pretty good.
    The game really coudl have used a few more quests like it!

Also more High Entia flying by their head wings. That shit was weird.

It felt sort of like there hsould have been more to it, but it already had so much mroe than the average quest - it was almost like they took assets from what had previously been a mainline sequence, almost?

But if more quests were like that, Hell, I'd probably have finished all of them. I know that's not wholly reasonable, though. Shit's expensive.

Also went to Eryth Sea and Alcamoth.
    Unfortunately, level 87 is just the right level to be too high for me to get any reliable ass-whoopings in, and the humanoid Telethia have Daze resistance so I can't knock them down with Dunban. Maybe with Melia's sleep? Hrm.

I could build up to that area, though, and then beat them to death, and do more quests, etc.

Somebody told me that level 75 is a good level for the final boss but that's horse pucky. 79-80 is about where you want to be, by my estimation, and even at that level you're going to have to redo that fight a few times. I think the enemies have Instant Death effects on some of their attacks in the first phase, and unless you can get off a Monado Cyclone as the 4th or 5th stage of a Chain Attack then all the summoned enemies are going to give you no end of grief

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKKiODpn6Fg

The one Treehouse thing I missed at E3

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles a few days ago, and the amount of sidequests is baffling. I try to load up on them and then just traverse the field and kill things, but is there a better way to get this done? And the ones that require waiting around for a specific person are rather frustrating because people will disappear for large chunks of the day.

I am enjoying the combat system, though. Each character thus far plays substantially different, and managing the party can be genuinely difficult in bigger battles.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The best way to get sidequests done is that you shouldn't worry about them

There's a certain small town later in the game hwere doing all the sidequests is feasible and fun

Everywhere else is kind of a nightmare

Edit: Also you can set the time of day.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Okay, thanks!

Yeah I figured out that I can set the time of day, but that doesn't help me find out where characters are in the first place. I imagine its easier once I have talked to them once and they're registered in the affinity map.

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    The affinity map is your best friend about that stuff, yeah

Only thing about it is you can't use it to do any searching, and you can't pull up individual areas - only the whole thing simultaneously, which is a bummer

Meeting all the people in Colony 9 is also a bit of an undertaking. If I were going to do it I'd be using a guide.

dN0T6ur.png