Options

[Jack Bros./Shin Megami Tensei] - P4G is out! Have you Social Linked yet?

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    All things considered, I'd rather have Atlus release Persona 2 as a PS1 classic for $10 than get Persona 2: EP PSP for $30.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I still own EP PS1, but I agree it'd be favorable than no release at all. Still, it'll conflict big time with IS' localization. (Not to mention Jun's horrible EP dub)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I still own EP PS1, but I agree it'd be favorable than no release at all. Still, it'll conflict big time with IS' localization. (Not to mention Jun's horrible EP dub)

Yeah, there would be some inconsistencies with the retranslation of P1 & P2:IS PSP but Persona 2:EP had a decent enough translation. The diehard fans would prefer the enhanced version but for everybody else, a digital copy of the original PS1 release that you could use on the PS3/Vita/PSP would probably be preferable due to the lower price & the ability to play it on the PS3. And on Atlus's end, it's drastically easier to test an existing version of a game on the PS3 & PSP emulators than it is to completely retranslate a new version of a game.

In any case, I expect we'll hear something from Atlus about Persona 2 in December or January. Wouldn't make sense to announce it now since they want the focus to be on Persona 4 Golden. I'd say it's more likely that they'll announce the PS1 classic than the PSP game but I wouldn't give up hope on the PSP version yet - P2:EP PSP is a higher profile game than some of the niche stuff that XSeed, NISA, and Aksys are still planning on releasing on the PSP.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm going to guess they'll simply never have an official word, just like on Growlanser PSP.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    So it's my understanding that not many people are excited over SMTIV.... but why? It looks fantastic, from what I've seen.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    So it's my understanding that not many people are excited over SMTIV.... but why? It looks fantastic, from what I've seen.

No we're pretty excited, the exploration in particular looks rad. Just a little bummed out over no Kaneko and some of the new demon designs, as well as everyone in Europe worried over the chances that the game will even get released over here.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    So I'm crossposting this from the G+T Secret Santa, it's too cool not to post it. This is SMT Persona related, and I hope it involves getting my own Elizabeth or something this Christmas!

secretsanta2012part1.png

• Options
    I need this.
    Jessicat wrote: »
    Sorry for the lack of post, I figured I'd cross-post these pics & screenshots here since they seem to have gotten popular on my tumblr XD This promo disc features different animations from a bunch of different demons, as well as the Embryon team and "boss" characters.

DDS2_DevilDisc_006_800x600.jpg

DDS2_DevilDisc_004_800x600.jpg

DDS2_DevilDisc_002_800x600.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-10-09-22h59m47s46.png

vlcsnap-2012-10-09-23h10m27s52.png

vlcsnap-2012-10-09-23h07m28s57.png

vlcsnap-2012-10-10-01h50m09s100.png
    The demons on this disc are: [this is just one screen from the list XD]
    -Ananta, Apis, Ares, Andras, Vasuki
    -Ose, Kahaku[Hua Po], Gyuu-Ki, Grimekala, King Frost
    -Cu Chulainn, Kouryuu, Sarasvati, Jatayu, Jack Frost
    -Jack Lantern[Pyro Jack], Titania, Thor, Nidhoggr, Nekomata
    -Parvati, Hanuman, Pabilsag, Pallas Athena, Pixie
    -Hecatoncheir, Rakshasa, Lilith, Lilim

vlcsnap-2012-10-09-23h10m57s96.png

vlcsnap-2012-10-09-23h03m04s232.png

vlcsnap-2012-10-09-23h04m01s32.png

Enjoy! :3

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »

No we're pretty excited, the exploration in particular looks rad. Just a little bummed out over no Kaneko and some of the new demon designs, as well as everyone in Europe worried over the chances that the game will even get released over here.

We still done't have p4arena in europe so. Or DS:overclocked as far as I know.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Pretty much. If it was on a console that wasn't region locked, and it wasn't going to be region locked itself, then I'd care. It isn't, so I don't.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    I hate to ask, but can someone remind me who the girl on the right is from?

0sig.jpg

i want to say If, but I'm not positive.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I need this.
    Sorry for the lack of post, I figured I'd cross-post these pics & screenshots here since they seem to have gotten popular on my tumblr XD This promo disc features different animations from a bunch of different demons, as well as the Embryon team and "boss" characters.

What. The. Fuck.

I want that badly.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Why does that say "Loopa"? It's Lupa.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    P3 has a dog.

A doooooooogggggg <3<3<3

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Why does that say "Loopa"? It's Lupa.
    They tweaked that and a couple of other names for the English version.

• Options
    That and 'Roald' to 'Roland'.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    So I totally forgot about this but I actually preordered the Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition twice - once on Amazon and once on Gamestop. I'm most likely going to cancel the Gamestop order unless someone in this thread wants it.

The order total is $86.19 and I would only charge that plus whatever it costs to ship to you from my home address. If anyone's interested, let me know between now and Tuesday morning. I'll cancel it then if no one is interested.

I figure anyone who was interested in it would have ordered it at the time but I thought I would check before canceling the order.

• Options
    Also, I'm thinking of doing a FeMC run before P4G comes out.

I did do P3P and The Journey so I think I'm covered insofar as canon P3 is concerned, but I thought what the hell - might as well finish up P3P before moving to the next game. Thoughts?

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Found her thanks to GAF:

Kumiko.png

Hadano Kimiko, Devil Summoner's protagonist's girlfriend.

So if there's any interest, I should be finishing up Soul Hackers tonight, or at very least hitting the final dungeon.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cj_iwakura

Live now.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Just lost to the final boss. Got him about halfway down. He wasn't too bad all things considered.

Dekunda/Dekaja screwed me, then Megidolaon did my team in. Buffs/debuffs will break him wide open though.

Not bad considering I didn't grind at all.

I'll get him next time.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    I need this.

I think I might have this. I have a limited edition boxset of DDS1/2 released in Korea that came with both games, the soundtrack, an artbook and a dvd that I never really bothered playing. I'll check it out later.

• Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular

I did do P3P and The Journey so I think I'm covered insofar as canon P3 is concerned, but I thought what the hell - might as well finish up P3P before moving to the next game. Thoughts?

When does P4G come out again? P3 is waaayyy to long for a "what the hell" run, in my opinion. And it's pretty similar to P4G. Personally, I'd be burnt out for P4G if I played P3 right before. But I need to take at least a month long break during a P3 run. The game is just too damn long to power through.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Jurg wrote: »

When does P4G come out again? P3 is waaayyy to long for a "what the hell" run, in my opinion. And it's pretty similar to P4G. Personally, I'd be burnt out for P4G if I played P3 right before. But I need to take at least a month long break during a P3 run. The game is just too damn long to power through.

Next week!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    I just know I'm going to fuck up putting on that Vita skin. The last time I put a skin on a console was a Rayman PS1 one I got from a magazine.

ladi.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I decided a Vita just isn't gonna happen, and started a New Game + on the original P4.

But I really should finish P3 first, I just hate like...all the characters. Especially the males. Where's the dickpunch button? Look likes it's gonna be me, Aigis (bleh) the dog and Mitsuru all the way up the tower.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    I decided a Vita just isn't gonna happen, and started a New Game + on the original P4.

But I really should finish P3 first, I just hate like...all the characters. Especially the males. Where's the dickpunch button? Look likes it's gonna be me, Aigis (bleh) the dog and Mitsuru all the way up the tower.

Cantido you weren't posting on the P4G GameFAQs board earlier were you?

Also what the heck are you talking about, Akihiko is pretty awesome (P3P FeMC route at least). Him, Yukari and Aigis rule Tartarus.

ladi.png
  • Options
    I really do not understand why people hate Aigis so much.

I understand the hatred for Ken. He sucks and was written poorly. But why Aigis?

• Options
    Also, the special edition of P4G is probably claimed at this point. Waiting for confirmation.

• Options
    Aigis is a robot. Between her, Ken and Koromaru it is incredibly hard to take P3 seriously, despite the overall tone of the game. P4 avoids this by keeping the sombre stuff to specific scenes - this leads to a little mood whiplash, but at least you don't have reactions to someone dying including "Woof!"

ladi.png
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular

Also what the heck are you talking about, Akihiko is pretty awesome (P3P FeMC route at least). Him, Yukari and Aigis rule Tartarus.

Most of the time you have Aigis, enemies in Tartarus are virtually immune to physical attacks. Doesn't that make her pretty worthless?

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Not liking Junpei makes you an objectively bad person.
    Fact.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I really do not understand why people hate Aigis so much.

I understand the hatred for Ken. He sucks and was written poorly. But why Aigis?

In general, the hatred seems to be that the game becomes "The Aigis and Friends ShowTM" once it shows up.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Man I really wanted P4G but not really sure I want to buy a vita just for it. Someone convince me on why I should buy this!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

Most of the time you have Aigis, enemies in Tartarus are virtually immune to physical attacks. Doesn't that make her pretty worthless?

She has attacks? All I know is that she sure is good at casting Ma-kaja over and over again :P

ladi.png
  • Options
    Aigis is a robot. Between her, Ken and Koromaru it is incredibly hard to take P3 seriously, despite the overall tone of the game. P4 avoids this by keeping the sombre stuff to specific scenes - this leads to a little mood whiplash, but at least you don't have reactions to someone dying including "Woof!"
    I was able to take it seriously. I can see your point though. I'm very good as suspending disbelief so the fact that Aigis is a robot and Koromaru is a dog in a game about magic shadows doesn't really bother me. If anything, Ken violated my suspension of disbelief far worse. He sucks.

• Options
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Man I really wanted P4G but not really sure I want to buy a vita just for it. Someone convince me on why I should buy this!

Because Persona 4 is one of the best RPGs of all time and the Vita version is improved and portable.
    Because the PSP has a ton of good RPGs (and PS1 classic RPGs!) and the Vita is the best way to play them (better screen, shorter load times, and you can map controls stuff to the right analog stick).
    Because Gravity Rush & Lumines are both really good.
    Because Soul Sacrifice & Tearaway look like they're going to be awesome.

• Options
    You forgot DJ MAX Technika Tune. Heck, I want that more than P4G.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You forgot DJ MAX Technika Tune. Heck, I want that more than P4G.

Yes, given that I'm not a fan of the series, I completely forgot that game even existed.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    You should give the PSP games a go. They're really amazing.

wVEsyIc.png
This discussion has been closed.