Options

How is your work/school week?

1333435363739»

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Oghulk, no matter what you say or do calculus will persist.

It is the unkillable foe.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    It's so funny how the end of the grading period comes around every 6 or so weeks

and this always happens every single time without fail

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Have you spoken to a member of the administration about it?

• Options
    No, but I don't see the point in it. They wouldn't do anything about it, and it's not like they can make her grade faster.

She's a super nice lady, and I used to think she was just slow, but at this point I think she just holds off grading the calculus class tests cause seriously, this happens almost everytime where we don't get our tests back until the day grading ends.

• Options
    And also, its not like the class itself can really be any judgement on how I'll do on the AP Exam in a few weeks

like, at all

I hate how the math courses are taught at my school. They're almost always taught by inane teachers

• Options
    You could tell the administration that by her not releasing the grades on tests & such that you, as a student, are unable to gauge your talent/skill in the class.

And as much as it may seem like a minor thing, it is a huge fucking problem in education if you don't know your own success.

• Options
    The grades themselves are inflated and aren't anywhere near in difficulty to whats appeared on the AP Exam review materials she's given us in the past little while.

Of course we're also still learning new material for an exam that we're supposed to be ready to take in just under three weeks now. Doubt we'll have any real time to review for it.

The class the whole year has been incredibly slow, she has no control over the class at times, and is incredibly slow with grading. I could make a complaint about it, but hey I'm leaving in 6 weeks, shit doesn't matter at all and I have a feeling she won't be teaching calculus next year anyways.

• Options
    A.P. teachers...

Oh, I had a war with the A.P. English teacher in high school.

• Options
    Ugh I say

some of them are fantastic, and then others are shit

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    my AP english teacher was a bitch, my second least favorite teacher in all my schooling

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Pretty much all of my math teachers have been shit

cept one, and everyone else hated her cause she was a hard-ass on grading

I thought that was the best way to teach it, helps people actually understand what they did wrong

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    buying all this dust-off was probably a mistake

I just froze a starburst and then shattered it with a pair of pliers

was picking up pieces for several minutes after that

sig.png
  • Options
    The A.P. English teacher routinely insulted me and called me dumb.

In response I made fun of her for getting malaria while in Africa.

This was our battle.

• Options
    Man, I swear, if I ever got a teacher like that in high school I would've verbally abused them to tears

fuck people like that

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    i would have pooped in their desk

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    What does A.P. stand for, anyway?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Advanced placement

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    we got turned into an IB school my junior year

Internation Bfrenchword

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Today I got a call from a manager at the home depot that hired me

She told me that when she called me last week she told me that I had hours for this week and that I could see them online, but I do not remember that and I seem to have lost my log in information anyway so it wouldnt have helped

But she gave me 20 hours for next week, and told me what times they are, so I can go in a little early and get my computer access and time clock information again if i don't find it

So a little down and then back up

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Scheduled for a sleep study on Saturday evening

thank god, because for the last week i've been effectively a zombie

I had to take off work friday because I was certain that if I got on the road, I would fall asleep and murder someone on the road/myself

I STILL wonder how the hell I'm going to get to sleep with dozens of wires strapped to me, though

• Options
    I guess it would be considered impolite to jerk it during your sleep study, even if it helps you fall asleep

jerk it anyway

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    that makes me cringe at the likely state of the beds there more than anything else

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    It may take a while, but I found it surprisingly easy to sleep with them attached! They're really quite small. The hardest part is staying still and not getting all tangled up.

Sleep studies are fun! At least, I think so. But then medical tests/stays in hospital are enough of a novelty to me that I don't mind them at all (also they've all been for minor things).

• Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    we got turned into an IB school my junior year

Internation Bfrenchword

AKA AP classes with ten times the homework and an added test.

• Options
    EffefEffef Who said your opinion mattered, Jones? Registered User regular
    janson every time i read your posts i cant help but read them with a chipper but optimistic attitude because of your avatar

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I guess it would be considered impolite to jerk it during your sleep study, even if it helps you fall asleep

jerk it anyway

The nurse who attached my wires and probes was telling me how working in a sleep clinic was actually a pretty scary job

It's night, you're usually working a shift alone, and many people coming in for sleep studies have significant problems

Once a man had actually concealed a gun in his bag, and during the night he slept walked over to his bag and withdrew it and was pointing it at objects in the room

But for her the worst was little kids experiencing night terrors, she also said that it made her really worried and suspicious when their parents would be near by or in the room and the child would seem afraid of them

• Options
    Effef wrote: »
    janson every time i read your posts i cant help but read them with a chipper but optimistic attitude because of your avatar

I am actually pretty chipper and optimistic! My boss likes me because I'm never moody

Oh one more thing about sleep studies

Apparently a LOT of men jerk it in their sleep

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

jerk it anyway

The nurse who attached my wires and probes was telling me how working in a sleep clinic was actually a pretty scary job

It's night, you're usually working a shift alone, and many people coming in for sleep studies have significant problems

Once a man had actually concealed a gun in his bag, and during the night he slept walked over to his bag and withdrew it and was pointing it at objects in the room

But for her the worst was little kids experiencing night terrors, she also said that it made her really worried and suspicious when their parents would be near by or in the room and the child would seem afraid of them

jesus that is horrifying

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I am actually pretty chipper and optimistic! My boss likes me because I'm never moody

That would go a long way to explaining my wife's reaction in this story.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options

Ok wait a damn minute, nocturnal emission I can understand, but actually pulling yer pud?

Wow

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Guess what time it is!
    It's Bourbon Time!

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Ledneh wrote: »

Ok wait a damn minute, nocturnal emission I can understand, but actually pulling yer pud?

Wow

Yup!

Actually on a related note, I had a platonic male friend sleep over once when I was in uni. I was up late finishing a project, so I was seated on the floor while he had my bed.

I'm glueing things together when I hear a soft fap-fap and I realise he is furiously jerking it... While sound asleep. Talk about awkward! Of course I never said anything, just made sure to wash my sheets the next day.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I wish that I had a marketable skill that would allow me to move to the UK.

• Options
    Man the study better reveal something, I'm... well, tired of being tired

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    PASSED MY LAST APPRAISAL CLASS WOOOOOOO

Now I just have to submit my paperwork and pass the general exam

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Way to go Val!

Funny anecdote, my father for years wanted a pet crow he could call Val. Because..Val..Crow. My dad enjoyed bad puns. He actually did find an injured crow and tried to rehabilitate it, but it only lived a couple of weeks.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    I... Hope I live more than a couple of weeks after today!

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    PASSED MY LAST APPRAISAL CLASS WOOOOOOO

Now I just have to submit my paperwork and pass the general exam

Hooray!

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    I... Hope I live more than a couple of weeks after today!

But what if appraisal classes were the only thing keeping you alive?!

(Congrats!)

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options